Origin Of Legends: Wolves Of...

By Ronin141

In the world of Garrvon the human, dwarven and elven kingdoms have always had troubled histories regarding ea... More

Chapter 1: The Third Son
Chapter 2: Plan & History
Chapter 3: The Blackbolt
Chapter 4: The Elven Assassin
Chapter 6: Into The Woods
Chapter 7: Deadly Ritual
Chapter 8: Battle For Fort Graken I
Chapter 9: Battle of Fort Graken II
Chapter 10: Recovery & Plan
Chapter 11: The Dragonborn

Chapter 5: Arrival at Fort Graken

20 6 1
By Ronin141

767 AHSA (after hell spawn arrival)
17th of Dettris
Fort Graken

Erik is currently leading his mount along with Basil at his side overlooking the entrance to the massive Fort Graken. The 600 year old fort that has been through many battles and wars, evident by the foundations appearing worn and getting worse year by year.

"What's the troop count here?" Erik directs to Bailey who is adjusting her bracers.

"About 21,000 though King Trevis' army is making up the bulk of it... Though with the elves and dwarfs, we should have 31,000 or close it." Bailey replies as they are met by some human wolf members.

"Wolf Commander, it's good to see you in good health." One says respectfully nodding.

"Likewise Dylvein, have the elven and dwarven Commanders arrived?" Bailey questions.

"Aye, they got here yesterday and with recruits no less, same as you it seems." Dylvein points out noticing Erik.

Bailey and Erik are allowed to enter the fort Graken though it's not long till they greeted by the King of Balivin himself, Trevis.

"King Trevis, I trust the journey was safe and sound?" Bailey asks shaking hands with Trevis.

"It was, the men are anxious but that's no... Erik Blezyren? What are you doing here? Your father sent word that he'd be leaving you as Lord till he returned." Trevis points out.

Erik looks down which Bailey notices deciding to be the one who breaks the news.

"Lord Blezyren and two of his eldest sons are dead your majesty, murdered on the orders of Trevon Blezyren, only Lady Zelena and her two youngest sons remain with the youngest being held captive by Trevon most likely."

King Trevis looks in complete shock as he was rather fond of Lord Blezyren and even Trevon to a degree.

"I... I almost can't believe it... It means you're the lord now."

Erik sighs looking back up.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple, I'm to join the Wolves and eventually help get my brother back... My mother, she rides for her home to make preparations." Erik explains as Trevis looks towards Bailey asking if this is true.

Bailey nods as Trevis looks back at Erik with pity.

"Once the battle here is done, I'll march what remains and bring Trevon to justice by force, no one gets away with kinslaying in my kingdom, you have my word." Trevis says.

"I'm honored your majesty but if may make a request?" Erik asks with Trevis telling him to speak. "I wish to kill Trevon myself, it's only fair."

Trevis nods understanding as he takes his leave, joking that his advisors are likely sending out a search party wishing them well.

"Hmm, something isn't right... There's plenty of Dwarven battalions but I've yet to see an elf that's not a wolf, if the elves aren't joining us then the battle might be more difficult than expected." Bailey says walking with Erik who looks concerned. "But for now we'll get this ritual out of the way, now there are ingredients to the ritual that you'll need to gather."

Erik raises his brow as that sounds simple enough asking what the ingredients are.

"The Wolf accompanying you will know, unfortunately we can't disclose yet. Feel free to explore the camp but I ask that you find Myra Myrelen, she's the Wolf accompanying your journey into the woods but also see if you can find the elf and dwarf recruit and tell them to meet at my tent, your war hound will stay with me for the meantime."

Basil barks in acknowledgement with Erik watching them leave as he looks around the camp that's incredibly busy. He takes a deep breath and begins walking around past some men and women as all of this is very overwhelming.

Eventually he finds a familiar face, Setern Ferfyn, the King's general and one of many advisors, an incredibly renowned fighter with years of experience under his belt.

"Lord Ferfyn, I was wondering when I'd find you." Erik states with respect earning the old lord's attention.

"Erik? So King Trevis wasn't exaggerating, you're here... You holding up okay?" Ferfyn asks.

"Well enough, you know where I can find a Myra Myrelen? She's one of the wolves here."

"Myrelen? Last I knew she was up near the battlements, talking with some of the mages. I look forward to fighting alongside you lad, time to see if training you proves fruitful." Ferfyn says.

Erik smiles somewhat.

"You're a good teacher Lord Ferfyn." Erik says with praise.

"Hmph, to those who listen... Now I should return to my duties, advising the King is a muddy uphill battle." Ferfyn says with Erik respecting his wishes taking his leave.

Erik explores the camp some more finding a way up to the battlements finding an early twenties woman dressed in the signature armor the wolves wear talking with a mid fifties man with his silver hair tied into a bun.

"Master Venellix I assure you, my presence here is not meant to be an insult, the dame commander simply wishes-"

"Save it Myrelen, if the matter is soo urgent then she knows where to find me... Good day lass." Venellix states kindly though not that genuine.

Erik watches Venellix walk past and Myra pinching the bridge of her nose clearly irritated.

"Uh Myra Myrelen? I'm Erik Blezyren, the recruit Wolf Commander Bailey brought back." Erik states as Myra turns to him and examines him closely.

"Hmm you're not what I imagined, I thought Blezyren boys were bigger." Myra points out as Erik raises his brow not sure how to respond.

"Umm right, what was that about with the mage?" Erik asks looking back.

Myra leans against the edge of the battlements.

"Oh that? You see... I come from a family with a long history as mage hunters. The Dame Commander of the Watchers recognized this and thought it'd be hilarious if she sent me as her personal messenger to Master Venellix and he recognized that right away." Myra replies as Erik is aware of the pettiness in that.

"But seeing as Bailey sent you to find me? I imagine we're to be heading out to gather the ingredients for the ritual." Myra adds on.

Erik though questions her about the ritual which Myra noticably gets a bit hesitant.

"I'm sorry, I can't give you the details, not yet but i promise you'll get them soon... Now then have you found your fellow recruits?" Myra asks.

"No, it's hard to tell who's who to be honest." Erik admits earning an amused chuckle from Myra who fiddles with her braid as her hair is a dark brown hair.

"That it is, come on, we'll find them." Myra says walking past with her green eyes gazing at Erik's for a moment.

Erik follows the well armored woman down the battlements and begin searching the camp for the three recruits as apparently there's another one.

Eventually they arrive at the Dwarven camp which is full of rowdy dwarves drinking, sparring, or smithing. Myra finds the Dwarven Wolf Commander Zaiken drinking with some of his fellow dwarven wolves.

"Wolf Commander Zaiken, a moment of your time please?" Myra asks respectfully as the old Dwarf looks up.

"Ah Bailey's protege and recruit I think... Hmph, she definitely has a soft spot but what is it you need?" Zaiken asks setting his drink aside.

Erik though glances at Myra for hearing Bailey having a soft spot.

"The Dwarven recruit you brought back, we need him as we're gonna be heading out into the woods soon." Myra explains.

Zaiken sighs lowly annoyed by this much to Myra's displeasure.

"Is something the matter Wolf Commander?"

Zaiken smirks somewhat which makes Myra somewhat uncomfortable.

"Eh maybe, you can help with that possibly." Zaiken states with Erik's eyes widen a bit and look towards Myra.

"Not in a million years dwarf, I prefer men who aren't shorter than me, now stop being an ass and tell me where your recruit is." Myra demands making Zaiken scoff heavily.

Zaiken then calls for Durgon who exits one of the tents clearly not in the mood.

"You're gonna be accompanying this wolf and recruit for the ritual, go." Zaiken orders as Durgon reluctantly agrees to this following the two humans.

Erik introduces himself to Durgon who hardly acknowledges him which Erik finds a bit annoying but catches up with Myra.

"Soo... Where to now?" Erik asks curiously.

"Now we have to find the elf recruit." Myra states rather indifferently which Erik acknowledges.

The elf encampment ain't anything special as it's just the elves part of the wolves and some mercenary companies. Erik and Durgon notice some of the looks they're getting from the elves.

"There aren't many of us but we still have a role to play, ah Myrelen I trust you're here for the recruit I brought back?" Rennirel asks with Myra nodding. "I thought as much, Fae'delar!" He calls.

Fae'delar reluctantly hops down from a couple crates he was sitting up on staring at the fellow recruits.

"Alright now that you're all gathered, we can explain what ingredients are needed for the ritual, come on." Myra says with the three recruits following her.

Bailey is seated next to the other human recruit applying a cloth to her blade as Basil is peacefully laying down but shoots up seeing Erik who he runs towards pestering him with a licks.

"This overgrown house pet is your companion?" Fae'delar asks backing up as he doesn't trust the beast whatsoever.

"He's more than a house pet." Erik retorts with clear annoyance.

Durgon simply shakes his head with Myra and Bailey greeting each other.

"I assume you're done riling up the mages Myra?" Bailey asks teasingly which Myra greatly takes offense to.

"Not my fault, the dame ambushed me and guilt tripped me, she should really take up a career in the military." Myra jests.

"I know, anyhow this Ser Jenkins, the last recruit that'll be joining you." Bailey states with Jenkins nodding towards the three.

The four recruits sit down with Erik asking about what this ritual entails.

"The ingredients are as follows, Ashen's Thorn, Phoenix Ashes, Epvisin Del'vree and lastly Hell Spawn blood. The woods here are incredibly dangerous and likely to have Hell Spawn roaming around." Bailey explains.

The four look amongst themselves at the mention of Hell Spawn.

"That's why I'll be coming along, to help you deal with the Hell Spawn, whatever you do? Keep your mouths closed when fighting the Hell Spawn, their blood will set you ablaze and is poisonous... Meaning your hound can't come with." Myra says looking down at Basil who whines.

Erik kneels down petting Basil assuring him that he'll be fine as Basil whines somewhat with Erik standing up petting his head.

"Gather anything you need, weapons, armor, anything you think will be useful." Myra says as the four nod understanding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 19.3K 82
Welcome to the twin worlds of Ramnor and Rimnor: lush, beautiful, and magical. They are also the center of the Maker's universe, the cornerstone on w...
627 60 36
Most of us long to "Be" but when the path gets too costly, or steep, we take solace in what we "Have." Remove the trappings of what we own, and then...
54 1 5
(TW:Blood, gore, violence, mental illness, murder, death, weapons, dissociative disorder (DDD) (depersonalization derealization disorder), war, ghost...
604 56 18
Book One is finally complete, please look forward to Book Two, The Chronicles of Arnora: The Zemorian Invasion! Thousands of years ago there was a gr...