Die for me - Post Malone

By Pepepolly

"That is not clothing, it's not even underwear," he says, his voice strained. "No, but it is very provocative... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

22

136 8 1
By Pepepolly

"Why do you have a watermelon farm?" Austin asks as he walks into Angel's bedroom. "I just let you cum on my ass and that's the thought that runs through your mind as you shower?" Angel asks with a raised eyebrow. She is so brazen, so unapologetic with the brash words she uses. Austin frowns at her making sure to show his disapproval of her nasty mouth. She rolls her eyes and stuffs a clump of material Austin is guessing is a shirt into her already overflowing messy bag. "I like watermelon so I bought a watermelon farm," she says shrugging and balling up a pair of pants and then trying very hard to shove them in the side of the bag, it's too full so she eventually gives up and leaves half of the pants just hanging out. "Bullshit. Now, if you had said that yesterday morning I would have agreed, but after what I saw in that meeting...I call bullshit,"  Austin says pushing her aside gently and then dumping the contents of her bag out on the bed. Everything is in a crumpled ball. She is a fucking mess of a woman so he starts to fold and repack her bag neatly. "Make sure to fold them carefully. I am very particular about not getting my shit creased," Angel says. "No need for your smart mouth, miss Knite. Answer my question...truthfully," Austin warns her.

Angel sighs and flops on the bed. "Watermelon is a zaid crop as it can be quickly grown and the special thing about watermelon cultivation is that it can be produced with less water and fertilizer at a minimum cost than most fruits. When it comes to watermelon farming, it is very profitable and there is an increasing demand for them. People love the fuck out of watermelons. I triple my profits with each harvest and then I import them which doubles my triple profit, and because I slap my name on it? well, then I make bank."

"Low cost, high profit."

"Exactly, and watermelons are cute and I like them aaaaand...I am starting a cosmetics range using my watermelons - lip balm, face masks, hair masks...everything."

"You will double the bank you are already making."

"Triple it actually, also - did you know the 3rd of August is watermelon day?"

"Why do you hide your cleverness?"

"Odd way to call someone stupid."

"You are very tiring to hold a conversation with. Just answer my question."

"I don't. I am just me - if you see it as hiding my brain then so be it. Me?  Well, I am just me and I don't try to be anything I am not or anything in particular so...I guess I am a little of everything. Does that make sense? Oh look, this is shiny," Angel says reaching under the bed and pulling out a discarded earring that had sparkled when it caught the sun.

"Don't get distracted and No, it does not make sense."

Austin places the last shirt carefully in her bag then zips it up and looks at her. She is an anomaly, she is hard to take seriously but, even harder not to take seriously. It's almost like there are two people wrapped up inside that insane little mind of hers.

"You are loud, over top, silly, forgetful, you say shit out loud that should never leave your head. You are never on time and you never take anything seriously. You are independent but needy. Outspoken but submissive - you are all over the place with emotions."

"I am a fucking mess! Do you know where the other earring is?"

"I researched you. You have never hidden that you were born into a rich family but, you took nothing from them when you started your career-"

"Except for my mother's good looks and my dad's kickass attitude...I bet the other earring is in my closet."

"You played on street corners and talked your way into music producers' offices. You forced people to listen to your music. You didn't stop until someone took you seriously. You kill yourself on stage, put on an elite show - your smallest venue is a stadium. You have huge profitable businesses, properties, and restaurants."

"Lunch boxes and water bottles with my face on them too. How weird is this? The earing under the bed is blue and I found one just like it in my closet but, it's red!"

"You have brand deals coming out of your ass. People fall over themselves at the opportunity just to work with you because you are good at what you do. You are a self-made million heir at twenty-four-"

"Multi-million. Do you think these earrings go with my outfit?"

"You are business savvy and structured yet chaotic and utterly insane... it's not normal. It's confusing and it's making me lose my mind."

Angel stops fussing with trying to put the earrings in her ears and looks a little lost at his words. He is not trying to upset her but, she truly does confuse him. With her chaos, she should never be where she is. It just does not make sense.

"I can't help who I am," she says softly, now looking down at the one earing still in her hands as she plays with it, the other dangling from her ear.

"Either you just lucked out or you are putting on an act," Austin says now suspicious of the woman in front of him. Her head shoots up and she frowns at him. Has he offended her? He had not meant to, he is just trying to understand who she is - because she does not make sense.

"I know I am weird. I worked hard to get to where I am today and just because I like having fun while doing it does not make me any less worthy of the empire I have built. If you or anyone else can't wrap your head around it then that's your problem - not mine," she says with an air of arrogance. She is not ashamed of who she is, he can see it in her eyes. Most people would have been hurt or even offended, a little self-doubt creeping in on the side but, not Angel - she is sure of herself, confident.

"I know you don't care what people think of you and I didn't mean to come across as judgmental but you are a lot to take in, a lot to understand."

"I do care...I care what you think...I don't know why, but I do. I can't change. I have never tried to change and...who are you? Phoebe said you were a hero...why?" Angel asks. "I served in the military, Miss Knite, it's common to be called a hero even if you never leave the base," Austin says quickly but, he can see in her face that she knows he is lying to her so he is not surprised by her following words. "I don't believe that, you are not telling me the truth," she challenges him. Austin feels his face turn stormy, defensive. "My past is my past, miss Knite. It is no concern of yours, but if you must know one thing it is that I am very much not a hero," he says then turns on his heel and walks out of the room, placing her bag next to his at the foot of the stairs. Then turns as he hears chaos behind him. Phoebe is walking down the stairs with a giant bag dragging behind her while every color of the rainbow is stuck to her clothing.

"What are you doing?"

"Angel said I am coming with. Her parents are a huge conspiracy in the fandom!  some people say she was made in a lab or she was born a princess in a faraway land and kidnapped to come here and sing. I have been dying to know who her parents are for years and if they are a king or queen I want to have to right outfit," she says dumping her bag next to Austin's with a huff.

"So you packed every outfit you own?"

"Almost."

"And what if her parents are just normal people?"

"Do you think Angel came from normal people? Please be serious, brother," Phoebe says as she rolls her eyes and follows a giggling Angel into the kitchen. "Is Charlie coming too?" Phoebe asks. "Of course! He would be devastated if we left him here," Angel says cuddling her bird. "Not in my car. No bird," Austin warns. "I don't want to go in your car. You won't let me touch anything and I spend most of my time trying to avoid getting my fingers chopped off when you slam shit shut. We will go in one of my cars," Angel says. "Yay!  Angel has an extensive car collection," Phoebe says excitedly. "Of course she does," Austin mumbles. "Where are you going? What's going on?" Lia says walking into the kitchen, worry etched on her face. "We are going to see my parents," Angel says.

Lia frowns and looks at Austin with a glare. "You taking him to see your patents?" she asks. "Phoebe too," Angel says as she starts packing her bird's things. "But, Angel... that's...well...I am coming too," Lia says. Austin watches her carefully she is squeezing her hands in fists so tightly her knuckles are snow white and she keeps her glare on Austin as if she hates him with the intensity of a thousand suns. "Oh, no thank you. Take the weekend off," Angel says oblivious to the rage vibrating off Lia. "Angel, you can not trust him," she suddenly blurts out.

Angel stops and looks at Lia with a confused face. "Who? Austin? You are acting weird," she says. Lia snaps her head to Angel, her face changing immediately and a soft smile forming. "Sorry, I think I am just a bit shaken up from yesterday...oh...I feel so shaky on my legs," she says leaning on the kitchen table and swaying slightly. "Oh, you poor thing, sit," Angel takes her arm and helps her into a chair. "Austin get her a glass of water please," she says. Austin leans on the kitchen counter, taking a sip from his coffee cup then shakes his head slowly. Angel rolls her eyes and pours Lia a glass of water herself. "You will be going home today before we leave," Austin says. "You can't just-" Lia starts but, cuts herself off when Angel hugs her. She whispers something to Angel causing Angel to look at Austin with a frown and then she tells Lia to hush softly. Something is off.

"Mafia! Your dad is a mafia boss and your mom was a stripper!" Nate announces coming into the kitchen with a bright smile. Angel lets go of Lia with a laugh and a shake of her head. "Not even close!" she says. "One day! One day I will guess right!" Nate says. "You look better," Austin says. "Sleeping on an expensive bed works wonders!  But, I need to go home today. My girlfriend is jumping," Nate replies. "Great, can you take Lia home?" Angel asks. Austin will make her walk if he says no. "Sure!" Nate says accepting a coffee from the new housekeeper.

"Lia go pack," Austin instructs.

"But-"

"Now."

Lia glares at Austin but stands and walks out, she does not look so wobbly on her feet now. It was all an act, Austin is convinced. "Run through what happened yesterday in detail," he says to Nate as he opens his notebook. "That means exact dates, times, scents, and sounds, young man!" Angel says slapping her hand on the table with a serious face. "Honestly, Angel, you have a death wish," Nate says flicking his eyes worriedly to Austin and then back to Angel. He is right, if it had been anyone else Austin would have done away with them by now. "Nate," Austin calls his attention. "Ok, uh...so I parked in the underground parking and then you guys left. Then I sat around in the car playing on my phone...got stiff and decided to get-"

"How long were you in the car?"

"Maybe two hours...ish?"

"Ish is not a time! Be more precise or meet your doom," Angel says slamming her hand on the counter again. "Ignore her, continue," Austin says. "Uuuuh, ok. Well, I was in the car for two hours then got out to stretch my legs. I noticed that no one was down there like it was super secluded, and then I...Angel, do you have to stare at me like that?" Nate says. Austin turns to look at Angel who is leaning over the kitchen table and glaring at Nate. "What are you doing?" Austin asks her. "Interrogating the suspect. Good cop, bad cop. I am the bad cop and you are the good cop - this is how interrogations work, Austin," she says rolling her eyes at Austin and then looking back at Nate, "now give us the information ve vant or ve vill feed you to our little friend here," she adds stroking her bird.

"Is that a German accent? It's very good," Nate says. "Yes it is and thank you so much," Angel says proudly. Austin's head spins a little - it's like a fucking circus no matter what he does around Angel. "This is not an interrogation nor is he a suspect. Be quiet," Austin says. "Everyone is a suspect!" Angel declares lifting her hand to slam it into the counter again but, Austin catches her wrist and pulls her close till his mouth is by her ear. "If you don't shut up you will never feel me between your soft, smooth thighs again," he whispers then lets her go. He is learning how to deal with her - she needs a different approach. "I think you made a brilliant bad cop," Phoebe says. Angel grins at her and gives her a thumbs up, she does not say a word.

"From the top, Nate," Austin prompts. "Uuuh...ok...so I parked in the underground parking and then you guys left. Then I sat around in the car playing on my phone for two hours, got stiff, and decided to get out. Like I said, it was super secluded and dark, a little creepy. Jona phoned me then I lent on the hood of my car and called my girlfriend...ended the call and then I felt something hard hit the back of my head and the next thing I woke up with you guys running down the stairwell," Nate explains. Yesterday he said he heard a phone ring, why did he leave that detail out now? Austin opens his mouth to say something but then Nate frowns. "Wait...there was a phone ringing...just before I got hit in the head I heard a phone ringing. I remember because I thought it was odd after not seeing anyone," Nate adds. Austin's conclusions about Nate have been right, his background is clean and his story is consistent. Austin trusts Nate but, he watches as a confused frown forms on Angel's face - what is she confused about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 160 20
"Whatever, just call him and get him to sign the papers. It's not that hard," Kitty adds before taking another sip. Miya is going to have to drive he...
5.8K 355 56
"I have no right in asking this and part of me wants to feel guilty for asking. I want to go home, to Utah. Delilah will you come with me? I can't be...
975 33 8
Revenge Hatred Excerpt "I told you to calm down didn't I?" the voice spoke as it came close, I closed my eyes and prayed to God, I was scared out of...
2.4K 192 30
She has to at least try or she will never forgive herself. She stops and turns, walking back to Austin, but stays behind him. Zeus is now fast asleep...