His Black Secret

Oleh Airlynn

I think you know love when you feel it. " I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at on... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note!!!
CastπŸ•Š
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 19

103 15 0
Oleh Airlynn

"You look distracted, what's on your mind? After this win, I expected contentment on your face for a while. Is everything ok with you?"

My best friend and lawyer asks me.

I shake off my thoughts and concentrate on what he just said.

"yeah something like that"
I reply, still, a little distracted.

I can't stop thinking about Noa especially after seeing her today.
I don't think I can continue to give her the space she needs. I miss my woman and need her back.

" I think you should go see her since you can't even enjoy yourself even in this bar. You look distracted and miserable and I would rather drink and celebrate with you when you are yourself again"

"No man it's not that easy. I can't just show up and..."

"I don't need to understand what is going on between you two. All I know is, you need her now, so you go to her, wherever and whoever she is. You are a smart man and I know you will come up with a reason for wanting to see her"

He cuts off my lame attempt at an excuse to not go and now I can't not see her.
"Just go and I will be here for drinks whenever you are ready to".

He tells me with a little shrug.

"Are you sure man? I don't want to leave you drinking alone."

"I'm ok, I've had two glasses of bourbon and I'm ready to retire for the night"

"Ok this is on me then, thanks again for everything"

I chug the rest of the whiskey in the glass and signal the waiter to bring the bill.

I give my friend a quick pat on the shoulder before making my way out.
While awaiting the valet to bring my car, I contemplate on my next move now.
I look at my watch to check the time. It's late and the event should be over, but knowing Noa she would want to be with her friend till the last person has left the location and everything is in place before retiring for the night.
I decide to head to the event location first, thence, to her flat if she's not at the event location.
I open my Instagram and go straight to Noa's stories to find the address for the event.

I switch on the ignition after putting the location in google maps.

I don't have an invitation but hopefully I can wing my way into getting in.

After parking the car, I realize the car park looks a bit empty save for some guys who look to be loading some machines into a van.

I am about to inquire from one of them if this is where the SKXN's beauty event is happening when I see a big banner in front of the building with Noa's face on it.

I smile a little, admiring her beautiful face.
The face I miss so much. I check my outfit one last time before entering the building.

A small hallway lead directly to a big auditorium which had been decorated for the event.
I see a few people lingering around and others taking down the decorations and furniture.
I turn around looking for my woman until I spot her, sitting on a long stool at the bar with her back towards me. She looks to be in a deep animated conversation with a lady who I assume is Sophie, her best friend and the woman of the hour.
I see the bartender hand them a shot glass each and I don't miss the appreciative smile he gives Noa when she thanks him.

I frown and approach them when I realize I have been standing there and staring like a creep for some minutes.

The moment Sophie's eyes crushes with mine, I know she recognizes me. She stops talking and I see Noa's back tense. I know she feels my presence and this reaction alone makes me satisfied for a strange reason.

I put on a little smile and finally approach them, standing behind Noa with my hands in my pocket. I want to put my arms around her so bad, to let every male close by know that she's mine, but I refrain myself from doing this because I know Noa wouldn't appreciate that in this moment and situation.

"Hello, you must be Sophie, I'm Jan, it's nice to finally meet you and congratulations on hitting a milestone in your business".

I say to her not offering my hand for a handshake because by the look she's giving me I know my hand is the last thing she would like to be in contact with.

"oh I can't say the feeling is mutual unfortunately, where's your wife? Left her home to chase other women who clearly don't want you?"

She replies with a bite in her tone and barely restrained anger.
I smile a little because I'm happy Noa has a friend who's really got her back"

"Well I can assure you there's no wife in my home waiting for me at this time because I am not married".

Noa turns sharply in her seat to glare at me and I can't help staring at her beautiful face.
She's still the most beautiful woman even with her staring daggers at me now.

"Well let me put it this way, I was once married but not anymore".

Both of their faces morph into confusion and then Noa stands abruptly.
She staggered a little but quickly regain her composure and pick her purse up from the stool beside her.
I know for a fact that she's had more than enough to drink by that small display.

"Sophie I'm gonna head home now. It's been a great day and an even greater event. Congratulations once again love."
She moves in to give Sophie a hug and I see her stagger a little as she continues pretending I'm not here.

"Are you sure love? I thought I was dropping you off" Sophie inquired.

"Don't worry Soph, I will get an Uber or a taxi and besides, you need to make sure everything is taken care of here and I am too knackered to be of any help".

"Ok call me when you get home or else I will be breaking your door down in the morning".

Sophie replies while giving me a look when I begin following Noa out.
I'm definitely not letting her take a cab or an Uber but I will keep making her think she is.

"My car is parked this way Noa" I tell her but she pretends to not have heard me and continues pressing on her phone.

"You can ignore me all you want but don't even think I will let you get in an Uber in this state you are in and at this time too".

"In which state Jan? What state am I in? And what the hell are you even doing here!? Huh?! Please do me a favor and go back to whichever hole you crawled out from"

She's snarls while turning to look at me fully.

"Well I will go back to my hole after ensuring you are home safe and sound. You don't even need to look at me or talk to me. I will just drop you home and then leave. I promise"

There's no way I'm going back to "my hole" as she calls it. I'm done giving her space but I have to tread carefully and be ok with anything she says now to avoid any long argument at the moment.

She stares at my face for a while trying to determine if I am being truthful. Whatever she sees on my face makes her turn towards the car park area.
I quickly press the key to let her know the exact location my Audi is parked.

True to my words, no attempt at a conversation is made with her and she didn't start any conversation either, which is expected.

It is silent in the car with just the low voice of Lana del ray coming from the radio.
At one point Noa turns to look at my profile for a while before turning the song a little higher.
I Guess she likes the music.

It is quiet but not awkward. It is a good and relaxed type of quiet.
It's like at this moment we are both content to just be in each other's presence.

I park in front of her flat and kill the engine. She briefly thanks me and get out of the car. I take the key out of the ignition and get out too.
I follow her into her building and At one point she turns to look at me but ignores me to unlock her door.
"Thank you for the ride, I think I will be fine from here"

she tells me while facing me from her doorstep.

"You're not going to invite me in for a cuppa? Besides I want to make sure you are safely lying in your bed before I make my exit. I miss you and just being around you without talking now is ok for me. I know it's late but Just lemme stay for a while, please baby".

I try to give her my best sad puppy eyes hoping it works.

It works, I guess, because she let me in after scrutinizing my face for a few seconds.

I take a sip of my ginger and lemon tea while watching her do her night time routine.

"I will just finish this and go! Can I see you tomorrow to finally talk?"

I ask her when I see her putting on her bonnet.

"You can stay for the night, but we are not having sex or talking Jan".

she says while turning to face me.

"I wouldn't even dream of it"

I quickly reply with a smile.

She returns it with a small smile of her own before strutting towards her bedroom.

Even though it's a little smile I can't help feeling giddy because it's the first genuine smile she's given me in a long while.

***
Another chapter up! Sorry for the errors!
Comment and like please 🫶🏽

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

333K 10.6K 41
I pulled on my beige puff jacket as I opened the door. Just as I turn to the door, Elijah is standing right in front of me. "I've missed you so mu...
1.3M 51.2K 47
My life should be great. I have an amazing job with one of the biggest event management companies around, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. Oh wait...
489K 18.5K 71
25 year old Rose Marie is your typical chick. She's funny and ambitious but at the same time she's fierce and will get you together in a minute. Her...
15.2K 819 28
Mercedes never thought much of the popular saying 'The sins of the father becomes that of the child", that is until it happened to her. Forcefully br...