π˜πŽπ” ππ„π‹πŽππ† π–πˆπ“π‡...

By -JASONSGRACE

can't you see that I'm the one who understands you? [ foolish_gamers x original character ] [ social media... More

author's note - updated
disclaimer
you belong with me
epigraph
1 | I just can't come between 'em, they got their own thing
2 | I wish he'd stop pretending, he won't let his phone ring
3 | for more than a couple seconds, oh, I think maybe two
4 | two hearts just falling in and out of love for something new
5 | I wish that you could see 'em, their faces lighten up
6 | their past is cold and empty, they know it's been enough
7 | on waiting on somebody, someone who doesn't care
8 | but he knows her name, she knows he'll always be there
9 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
10 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say
11 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
12 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between
13 | she toes the line between 'em, he says he's new at this
14 | there's holy ground beneath them, and sparks fly when they kiss
15 | he hates it when she's crying, he hates when she's away
16 | even at their worst, they know they'll still be okay
17 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
18 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say
19 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between
20 | everything in between, everything in between
21 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
22 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
23 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say
24 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
0 | I won't forget the feeling
00 | of staying up with you
000 | despite the space between us
0000 | I've never felt this close to someone
00000 | what if you're my weakness?
author's note

25 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between

1.1K 65 25
By -JASONSGRACE

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
you're my, my, my, my . . . lover

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

time jump to april!

REAL LIFE

STANDING BACKSTAGE OF AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas in a white dress, listening to the chatter of tens of thousands of people attending the Eras Tour. Her in-ears rested on her chest, giving her the volume of how loud it actually was. She was about to go on stage to perform in a stadium for the first time ever, which didn't feel real. Her childhood dream was coming true, and she couldn't believe it.

"I'm going to throw up," Luna admitted, glancing up at the stands. "Like, actually."

Mary Jane — who promised she was coming to every Eras show Luna was opening at until the end of May, when she would be going to London to star in the musical Cabaret — gave her a look, standing right next to her. "You will not."

"I might." She traced a star against her hand, letting a breath pass through her lips. "No offense, but I really wish he was here."

Oh, right. That. Noah wasn't in Texas. He was supposed to be, but this morning, he had told her in a very upsetting phone call that his flight to Dallas was delayed. No matter how hard he fought, he couldn't get on a different flight to Texas in time, which meant he wouldn't be able to see her first night in a stadium. He would be there tomorrow to see her second night, but she honestly wanted him there to see the first night. It was an extremely shitty situation, but . . . there was only so much they could do. It also didn't help that she hadn't seen him in over a month because she had her Good Riddance tour in the US before Eras.

Mary Jane frowned at her. "I'm sorry, Princess. I know you wish Noah was here. Honestly, I'm about to cancel United Airlines because of it. They better watch their back."

Luna let out a small laugh at that. "It's okay. Having you here means the absolute world."

"I'll aways be here," Mary Jane replied. "And I'll be right there in that VIP tent. If you ever feel overwhelmed, just know I'm out there watching you."

"I know, I know, just . . ." Luna tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here. My mind isn't really comprehending it, and I'm freaking out."

Mary Jane placed her hands on her shoulders, looking at her seriously. "Listen. You're going to go out there into that fucking stadium on that big ass stage, you're going to sing your absolute heart out, and you're going to kill it." Her voice dropped quieter — something more personal. "I'm so proud of you, Luna."

Luna stared at her. "You're going to make me cry, MJ. I'm not really sure if I want to do that before going on stage."

"You're right, my bad. We'll cry later." Mary Jane then shook her a little. "But seriously, look at you. You've made it. Come on, say it."

Luna rolled her eyes playfully. "MJ."

"Say it."

"I fucking did it. I made it."

"There it is," Mary Jane responded. She then pulled Luna into a tight hug. "Good luck, Lunes. You've got this."

Luna pulled away and nodded. She put her in-ears on and followed the staff out onto the main stage, her mind going over lyrics, blissfully unaware of what was happening behind her.

Mary Jane waited for a moment. "You can come out."

Noah rounded the corner from where he had been hiding. It had taken a lot of time and strategic decisions, with a lot of help from Taylor's staff and a little bit from Taylor herself, but they had managed to get him backstage without Luna knowing.

Come on. Nobody really thought he actually wouldn't be there, did they?

"She didn't suspect anything?" Noah asked.

"Not at all," Mary Jane confirmed. "She just wants you to be here, which you are, but she doesn't know. This surprise is going to go crazy." She elbowed his side. "We should get to the VIP tent quick while she's still backstage."

Noah followed her out with a security guard, ready to see his girl shine.

Luna was the first opener to go on, so when the behind the scenes ended on the huge screens ended, she knew it was time. She let out a deep breath and walked out onto the stage, her band right behind her. Instantly, the screens behind her and above her popped up, showing her coming out with her name right below it. Luna stared up at it in awe for a moment as she stopped by her microphone. Never had she ever seen her name be that big before.

Luna couldn't dwell on it long, however, because the music with the click track came on in her in-ears. She was so fucking nervous, and she knew her voice would probably show it, but she would give it her all nonetheless. Luna placed one hand on top of her microphone, shutting her eyes for a second and just pretended she was back in her bedroom.

"Twenty-fourth street, where you held me, grabbed my arm," Luna sang. She opened her eyes again, only to see people already jumping and singing along. "What a mental fire alarm . . ."

Slowly, over the course of the song, she could feel her confidence growing. She managed to take the microphone out of the stand and walk around — not fully, because that stage was huge, but she adventured down the ramp part. Where Do We Go Now? then faded into 21, which was probably her most recognized song. (Didn't do the sorry part, though, in fear that nobody would know what it was. She would get there eventually, maybe.)

21 ended. Immediately, Luna heard the stadium erupt in cheers. Even through her in-ears, she could tell how loud it was. Through all the shows she had played during her career, this was the loudest — obviously. She let out a breath of amazement, looking around at the stadium filled with people. This — this was her dream.

"Um, hi, Texas," Luna greeted, and she laughed slightly at the cheers. "You all doing okay?" They cheered again. "Good. My name is Luna Hayes, it's so incredible to meet all of you." She walked over to her band. "This is Casey, this is Emily, and this is Gabe. They're my incredible band." Luna placed one hand behind her back and smiled at the crowd. "And, of course, it's my extreme honor, probably of my lifetime, to welcome you to the Eras Tour." The crowd cheered again, and her smile widened. "I'll keep this short because I know we're all here for the same reason, but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't be the person I am today if Taylor Swift didn't exist. She's been the biggest influence on my songwriting and my emotional state, because through it all, she's taught me it's okay to be vulnerable and honest, and that's the greatest gift you could ever give. Taylor, we love you so much." She turned back around and placed her microphone back in the stand. "We're so immensely honored to be even just an opening act on this tour. Thank you all for welcoming us tonight, you're all incredible. The outfits are amazing, by the way. Um, we're going to keep playing some songs before Taylor comes out and puts on the performance of a lifetime. Thank you for indulging in us."

She grabbed her guitar, equipped with the strap with the stars on it, and slung it over herself. Luna waited for her band to start before starting to strum, playing Block Me Out. Once that song ended, she put her guitar back and grabbed the microphone, starting to walk down the stage as I Know It Won't Work played. The high piano notes then played, signaling the start of the chorus.

Luna adventured out fully to the end of the ramp again, right at the start of the main diamond area. "And part of me wants to walk away till you really listen, I hate to look at your face and know that we're feeling different . . ."

However, right in the middle of the chorus, her eyes trailed over to the VIP tent set up in the stadium on the floor, which she hadn't looked at yet because she was preoccupied with looking at the crowd. She immediately saw Mary Jane, but next to her . . . Luna slowed down to a stop, her voice going quieter for a moment. She literally couldn't believe her eyes, and time seemed to go in slow motion around her.

Because Noah was there, with that baby, I'm right here smile.

It was like nobody else was in that stadium anymore. It was just her, up on a huge stage, and him, standing some length away from her. He had said he wasn't going to be there, so how was he there? Luna couldn't dwell on that, though, because one, she still had a show to do, and two, it didn't even matter, because he was actually here.

"And part of me wants you back, but," Luna continued, her heart pounding against her chest and happy tears pricking at the back of her eyes. "I know it won't work like that, huh?"

Luna finished the rest of the song, despite her mind spinning impossibly fast. The crowd erupted into cheers again, and she grinned, waving to them. She went back up to her microphone stand and put it back in.

"Thank you so much, Arlington," Luna said. "Happy Eras."

She grinned at them again before walking off the stage. Instantly, she accepted a hug from her band, which Luna would describe as an emotional mess. They were riding on a high from doing that, and also crying from doing that. From the smallest venues to this, her band had been with her through it all. If Luna made it, they made it, too.

Luna pulled away after a moment, with a promise that she would talk more later. She went more backstage, glancing around anxiously. Luna didn't find the person she was looking for until she went to the dressing room she had been assigned, and Mary Jane and Noah were leaning against the wall. At once, Noah pushed himself off, and Mary Jane backed up a bit, her arms crossed and a smirk on her lips. Luna stopped in her tracks, feeling like she just got a breath of fresh air. Because he was here, and he had watched her, and — oh, what was she waiting for?

She ran up to him instantly. "You told me your flight was delayed."

"I lied to you," Noah replied. He caught her in his arms when she jumped, picking her up effortlessly off the ground. "Hi, pretty girl."

"You're here." Luna clung onto him. "I can't believe you're here. I thought . . ."

Noah squeezed her tighter. "As if I would miss this. You did amazing. I'm so proud of you, baby."

Luna pulled away a little and full on kissed him for the first time in a month. He pulled her impossibly closer and kissed her back just as hungrily as she did. Finally, after a couple long moments, they finally pulled away from each other. She smiled at him before tucking her head back into his neck. Noah chuckled and just held her, because after everything, that was all they wanted to do.

He had put her down after a while, and Luna got changed out of her dress into a more comfortable pair of clothes — a pair of leggings and one of Noah's sweatshirts. She then interlocked her hand with Noah's, and her, him, and Mary Jane walked out into the stadium. They went to the VIP tent, where they watched Bea sing her own songs, and talked for a while until Taylor came on stage.

Honestly, Taylor was truly a wonder to behold. The entire time Luna watched her start the show with Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince, Cruel Summer, The Man, and You Need To Calm Down, she was just in complete and utter awe — well, and screaming and dancing with Mary Jane. There were so many ways Taylor inspired her in her music, but there were also so many ways Taylor inspired her in performing. Especially since the Eras Tour was so extravagant. Taylor then stood by her microphone with her guitar, greeting everyone in the stadium.

"First person you saw perform this evening, it was her very first night on the Eras Tour, and she's one of my absolute favorite artists," Taylor began. Will you please give a wonderful welcome to the Eras Tour, a round of applause again for Luna Hayes!"

Taylor lifted her arms, and without her in-ears, Luna got to experience the cheers of the crowd for real. It was extremely loud, and all of that was just for her. She lifted up her hand to cover her mouth in shock. The shock didn't really go away until Taylor started strumming her guitar, and Luna realized what song was actually next.

Luna looked over at Noah, her eyes glinting and a soft smile on her face. "We can leave the Christmas lights up till January."

He grinned back at her and tugged her into him, so that her back was to his chest now. Noah wrapped his arms around her front and pulled her in close, resting his chin on top of her head. They gently swayed together to the love song — the very same love song that Luna played so many times, all because it reminded her of him.

"Hey, Lunes?" Noah began, just as Taylor started singing We could let our friends crash in the living room . . .

For the first time, Noah's voice was quiet — even over the tens of thousands of people screaming along and the sound system. Luna was so used to Noah being his usual loud self, that it was weird to hear him so . . . nervous, almost. She tilted her head slightly to look up at him.

"Hmm?" Luna hummed in response.

"I love you," Noah told her. "Like, a stupid amount."

She froze for a moment. Well, woah. Out of everything he could've said, she wasn't really expecting that. But the question of if she felt the same was an automatic yes. There was nobody else that made her feel the way he did. He made her laugh, he made her less nervous, he made her feel so . . . loved.

Luna was always afraid of falling for Noah. Yet now, it didn't seem so scary.

She smiled softly at him. "I love you, too. A stupid amount, as well."

Noah visibly relaxed at that, and he smiled brighter than sunshine. He leaned down and kissed her again, and Luna reciprocated it just as eagerly. Everyone was locked on Taylor — as they should be — so it was nothing but a secret moment in a crowded room. Call her cheesy, but it felt like something changed after that confession — perhaps sealing her fate.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

INSTAGRAM

tagged totalbrutalmusic, muscletease, littlemonarchmusic

tagged foolish_gamers

tagged taylorswift

tagged maryjanebrooks

liked by quarterjade, colbybrock, and 978,097 others

lunahayes never ever in my WILDEST dreams did I think this would happen to me. this is my tori vega big showcase make it shine moment. taylorswift I will remember this feeling in my bones for the rest of my life. you've given me such an incredible opportunity and I will thank you forever. maryjanebrooks you're my sister fr and I would not be who I am today without you. you've stuck by my side through it all and it meant the world to have you there. foolish_gamers I can't believe you literally lied to me to surprise me but you make it feel easier to breathe. I love you so so much my handsome boy. and to YOU, arlington, thank you for listening to me and singing along, it was insane. I'll see you tomorrow night :)

view all 7,196 comments

username I'm going to sob. STOP. our girl is in a stadium.

username IT WAS RARE I WAS THERE
username I'm so jealous of you.
username I WAS ALSO THERE (I watched a livestream)

maryjanebrooks so proud of you <3
username they always just make me cry I cannot
username MJ AND LUNA BEST DUO IKTR
lunahayes I love you literally so much PLEASE

username do the "sorry" point :(

karljacobs lmk when you're coming to north carolina
username ooh . . .
username oh that's awkward
lunahayes karl idk how to tell you this . . .
username oop
karljacobs no just tell me the date and I'll be there don't worry
username oh jeez
lunahayes oh for sure . . . I'll let you know

username I think seeing taylor and gracie all in the same night would just take me the fuck out

username TAYLOR DEDICATED CLEAN TO YOU. HOW DO YOU FEEL. TELL US LUNA. TELL US
username the BIGGEST loss
username AND with dbatc? ILLEGAL.

nihachuu LUNA HAYES WORLD DOMINATION AT FULL SPEED
username she's never letting this go
username KEEP THE AGENDA GOING
lunahayes I'm taking over the world!!!
username hold on she's gonna say the thing
nihachuu MORE ENTHUSIASM.
username there it is
lunahayes I'M TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!
username god I love them

username DID SHE JUST SAY THE L WORD TO FOOLISH
username NO BC THIS IS ACTUALLY BREAKING NEWS WE'VE NEVER HEARD THAT FROM THEM

username SEE YOU TOMORROW BESTIE GIRL I'M SO EXCITED

tinakitten MY GORGEOUS GIRL UP ON A BIG STAGE
username TINA ❤️❤️❤️
username HEYYYYY TINA
lunahayes come to an LA show t <3 I'll invite you personally
tinakitten YES PLEASE.

username I know it won't work up on the big stage . . . I can't believe I saw that with my own eyeballs

username I'm surprised foosh isn't here yet
username yeah where's he at

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

INSTAGRAM

liked by hannahxxrose, valkyrae, and 547,239 others

foolish_gamers she is the best thing that's ever been mine ❤️ forever proud of you, my beautiful girl

view all 2,301 comments

username SO THIS IS WHERE YOU WERE.

username screaming. crying. throwing up. I'm a mess. what the fuck.

the_awesamdude stand up
username shut the fuck up sam
the_awesamdude okay nevermind
username LMAOOOOO
foolish_gamers no.
username YEAH FOOSH STAND YOUR GROUND

username HE KNOWS MINE HE KNOWS IT
username I KNOW I KNOW OH MY GOD

username didn't luna say she played that song on their first date?
username OH MY GOD WAIT YOU'RE RIGHT
username that's so fucking cute.

valkyrae my parents.
username you and me rae you and me
username this is so real
foolish_gamers we're younger than you?
username shhh don't question logistics
valkyrae I said what I said

username the ultimate way to say "I love you." you've done it, foolish
username boyfriend of the year frfr

username "my beautiful girl" I'm going to lay on the highway
username the way they call each other "handsome" and "beautiful" this is my last straw

lunahayes NO NOT MINE
lunahayes WAIT
lunahayes HOLD ON A SECOND
username LOL LUNA

username luna freaking out is so sweet. like it shows how this was truly all him :(
username he's such a sweetheart I'm crying

lunahayes I love you so fucking much. a stupid amount, some may say
username OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD
username well! looks like it's time for me to jump off a bridge
foolish_gamers I love you an even stupider amount
username this is so them coded it's ridiculous
lunahayes not possible.

username oh how I wish it was my turn

username I'm sorry but the thought of style duo listening to style together live is sending me into an out of body experience

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

REAL LIFE

And when Taylor sang You Belong With Me that night, Luna Hayes finally, finally realized that he saw she had been there all along, and that she got what she always wanted.

-ˏˋ ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ˊˎ-

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙴𝙽𝙳

FIVE BONUSES I PROMISE I PROMISE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 187 45
karlnap oneshots!! β€’cover art made by meβ€’
selcouth By cosmo

Fanfiction

4.2K 156 20
selcouth \ ˈsel-ˌküth\ (adj) strange, unusual, rare; unfamiliar; marvellous, wondrous ----------- cover art by @/cburnbiscuite on twitter technoblade...
28.4K 903 20
"There's a lot more to this than you know." DISCONTINUED WILL NOT BE FINISHED Cover- made by yours truly (me) Started ~ Finished 07/16/21 ~ 01/12/22
195K 5K 21
"i'd forget all the ways that we're broken." fem oc x georgenotfound started: nov. 14 2020 finished: jan. 20 2021