š˜šŽš” šš„š‹šŽšš† š–šˆš“š‡...

By -JASONSGRACE

can't you see that I'm the one who understands you? [ foolish_gamers x original character ] [ social media... More

author's note - updated
disclaimer
you belong with me
epigraph
1 | I just can't come between 'em, they got their own thing
2 | I wish he'd stop pretending, he won't let his phone ring
3 | for more than a couple seconds, oh, I think maybe two
4 | two hearts just falling in and out of love for something new
5 | I wish that you could see 'em, their faces lighten up
6 | their past is cold and empty, they know it's been enough
7 | on waiting on somebody, someone who doesn't care
8 | but he knows her name, she knows he'll always be there
9 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
10 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say
11 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
12 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between
13 | she toes the line between 'em, he says he's new at this
14 | there's holy ground beneath them, and sparks fly when they kiss
15 | he hates it when she's crying, he hates when she's away
16 | even at their worst, they know they'll still be okay
17 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
19 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between
20 | everything in between, everything in between
21 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
22 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face
23 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say
24 | how she's beautiful and funny and smart, like nothing he's ever seen
25 | he's good to her, she wants it more than everything in between
0 | I won't forget the feeling
00 | of staying up with you
000 | despite the space between us
0000 | I've never felt this close to someone
00000 | what if you're my weakness?
author's note

18 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say

1.4K 77 8
By -JASONSGRACE

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
one single thread of gold tied me
to you

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

OVER THE MUSIC that was playing throughout the house, Luna stood in the kitchen by herself, making her second drink of the night. Her, Noah, and Mary Jane had been invited by Hannah, Sylvee, and Sam to come to Florida for Halloween — or, at least the couple days before Halloween. The day before Halloween, Luna, Noah, and Mary Jane would head back to North Carolina.

She glanced up from her drink to see Mary Jane, dressed as a devil, giggling with Hannah and Sylvee and smiled softly. Luna was her matching angel. Okay, yes, an angel and a devil was completely basic, but they wanted to base their costumes off of devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes. Luna considered Cruel Summer as a good excuse for their costumes.

Her eyes then drifted to the boy who practically lit up the room, the very same boy who her gaze always locked on. His costume was all Hannah's doing, if she could call it a costume. He had an angel halo, fairy wings, and a comically large prop knife. Noah's smile was brighter than the Florida sun that had been beaming down on them for the better part of the day. In fact, Luna could've just called his entire being sunshine.

Sure, it might've only been a couple of days since they officially became boyfriend and girlfriend, but Luna was still locked in on that feeling of fucking flying. In the span of that Sunday to now, there had been a lot of time spent together, a lot of games played, a lot of flirting, and a shit ton of kisses. It still felt totally unreal, like she was dreaming. But from the feeling that she got whenever Noah kissed her, it really just reminded her that she wasn't making shit up in her head.

"You're not slick, Luna."

Luna blinked, snapping out of whatever trance she had been in. Sam had left his spot with the others to come to the kitchen. He placed his cup down on the counter, which was still slightly full from what Luna could see, so it wasn't to get more. It probably meant he was just here to make fun of her.

She closed the alcohol she had been using, setting it back where it originally was. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you don't?" Sam replied, leaning against the counter. "You mean you don't know you were just making the ultimate heart eyes at Foolish?"

"Heart eyes is a bit of an exaggeration."

(It wasn't.)

"I know you said we couldn't say it, but I'm going to anyways," Sam said, taking a sip of his drink with a smug smile on his lips. "I told you so."

Luna turned around and leaned her back on the counter next to him, her sparkly silver pants glinting in the light as she did so. "And I'm keeping up the notion that I hate you and we're not friends."

"You're not denying it."

She looked back into the other room, and the second she looked at Noah, she knew she was so fucking gone. "I guess I'm not."

"Oh, you're down bad," Sam commented. "Stand up, Lunes."

Luna rolled her eyes (angels roll their eyes), her face feeling extremely warm. "Shut the fuck up."

"Write a song about him yet?"

"Walk away, Sam."

Sam chuckled at her reaction. He reached out and placed a hand on her head, pushing it slightly to the side. Luna pushed his hand away, laughing slightly. Sam then pushed himself off of the counter and walked away, going back towards Sylvee, who called him over once she realized he was coming back. Maybe it was the alcohol, but being here surrounded by pretty much all of her friends, even if Sam had just made front of her, was making her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

She took another sip of her drink before leaving the kitchen, ready to go join the others again now that she had refilled her cup. However, a warm hand placed itself on the bare skin of her stomach, and just from the familiar touch she swore she got goosebumps. Luna got pulled to the side, her back pressing up against the wall.

"Oh," Luna let out. She looked up, smiling softly at Noah's figure in front of her, his hand still on her. Her heart felt like it was about to jump out of her chest, as per usual when she was around him. "Hey, you."

"Hi, Angel," Noah greeted.

Luna raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you calling me that because of my costume, or is it just another nickname you're trying out?"

"Maybe a mixture of both."

"Gotta say, I'm biased towards baby."

Luna continued looking up at Noah for a moment. Write a song about him yet? was floating throughout her mind. If she was being honest, ever since her and Noah became official, The blue was completely written, and she wasn't planning on changing it. The alcohol in her system was egging her on, making her mind all foggy that she suddenly just wanted to tell him. Maybe she would regret this, but right now, she didn't fucking care. She had ran away from him that night, she at least owed him something good from that night (besides their kiss.)

"Can I tell you something?" Luna asked.

Noah nodded. "You can tell me anything."

"Um . . . remember that night, when we kissed—"

"It was pretty memorable, so I'm not sure how you think I forgot."

"Shut up," Luna responded, giggling slightly at the way he laughed. "Anyways, you know how I told you I was writing a song about being homesick? Well, I might've . . . lied to you. Not the part about the actual song, Right now is really a song, but that wasn't the actual song I was working on in your kitchen."

"Oh," Noah voiced.

"I was writing a song called The blue," Luna explained. "It's about falling for someone who came into your life unexpectedly." She averted her gaze from him for a moment, glancing down to the liquid in her cup. "Just like you."

Noah blinked. "Lunes."

"I've never really done this before," Luna continued. "Everything about this is new. I told you on your porch that I don't know how to really express my emotions in words unless it's in a song. At the time, when I realized the song was kind of about you, it freaked me out. But now . . . you know, it doesn't feel so scary anymore. It still has some melancholic moments, but out of everything I've written, I think The blue is my happiest song." She finally looked up at him again. "You did that for me." Luna then paused for a moment. "Is it too cheesy to say You Are the Music in Me?"

"Incredibly." His grin, as per usual, seemed to have sun rays shining right out of it. "Can you tell me something from it?"

"Well, there's the part about how you came out of the blue like that, the part about how I've never felt this close to someone . . . the part about how you make me really nervous." She then noticed the smirk on his face from that. "I regret that. Shouldn't have told you that. Forget I said anything."

"Nope." Noah moved in front of her when she tried to leave, practically body-blocking her with his fucking footballer frame. "I will be storing that knowledge away for future use, thank you very much."

"I hate you. And I hate how alcohol doesn't affect you. Fuck you."

"I don't think you hate me, I think it's quite the opposite, actually," Noah protested. He then reached up and placed a hand on her cheek, making Luna smile and lean into his touch. "Hey, I'm new to this, too. Okay, fine, I'll admit it, I was scared, too, but I think it'll all turn out fine."

Luna nodded a little. "The think is very reassuring, thank you for that."

"Oh, no, don't worry, I've got you."

Yeah, Luna thought to herself, practically melting at the way his thumb was tracing back and forth on her cheek. You've got me.

Noah then bent down and pressed a kiss to the top of her head, dodging a little so he wouldn't hit her halo. "Thank you for telling me, though."

"I'll play it for you one day," Luna promised. "Just have to tweak a couple of chords and whatnot."

Noah gasped happily at that, sounding a little squeaky from his excitement. He then leaned down and kissed her nose, causing her to giggle and scrunch it up. Noah laughed at that and wrapped his arm fully around her waist, pulling her close to him as he stumbled them backwards away from the wall.

And as she got held by the boy who captured her hearts, her laughs echoing through the house that had so many people she cared about in it, Luna could finally admit that she was wholly, and truly — maybe for the first time in her life — happy.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

INSTAGRAM

liked by quarterjade, hannahxxrose, and 703,672 others

lunahayes angels roll their eyes
shoutout to my devil rolling the dice maryjanebrooks <3 my halloween costume duo for LIFE

view all 2,890 comments

username oh my god. she's done it again

username I love that they based it off of cruel summer :')

username FAVORITE SONG OFF OF MIDNIGHTS???
username any answer besides would've, could've, should've is wrong
lunahayes you're on your own, kid!
username okay that's actually valid

punztw you totally copied foolish and I but okay
username okay punz <3
username how much you wanna bet their costumes weren't even costumes
lunahayes so you're delusional!!! good to know
username LMAO LUNA
username I love her she's so real

maryjanebrooks I'M ROLLING THE DICE
username you guys slayed. absolutely slayed.
username YEAHHHH
lunahayes I'M ROLLING MY EYES
username y'all are actually my favs I'm crying so hard deadass

username it was actually creative to do a twist on such a basic costume
username doesn't make it less basic
username shut the fuck up

nihachuu LUNA HAYES WORLD DOMINATION ⁉️⁉️⁉️
username omg niki knows what's up
username I AM A PART OF THIS AGENDA.
lunahayes okay!!!!!
username LUNA 😭😭😭
nihachuu MORE ENTHUSIASM LUNA
lunahayes OKAY!!!!
username underrated duo fr

username the pants. I need them

username luna and her converse are just a classic

foolish_gamers the most angel to ever angel
username huh
username sir?
username hm.
lunahayes bring back the deadpool costume you looked hot
username HELLO?????????
username ARE Y'ALL SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING

username WHAT. WHAT WHAT WHAT
username did they just . . .
username I THINK THEY DID

username I can't believe I get to live in the same time as style duo becoming an actual couple

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

REAL LIFE

AS MUCH AS Luna joked about Ohio, she did recognize that it was Noah's home. Which is why she couldn't be upset that he was going back . . . even if it was for practically the entire month of November.

After Halloween, they had been back in North Carolina for about two days, and Noah was going back to visit his family in Ohio until about the end of the month. Luna wasn't too worried about it, really. They had been dating for, what, a good week? It would be hard not seeing him everyday, though. Not when she had just gotten used to kissing him every day.

"You sure you got everything?" Luna questioned, crossing her arms across her chest as she stood in Noah's driveway, where he was putting his bag in Nolan's car, who was driving him to the airport.

"Believe so," Noah answered. "I think I'm just missing my girlfriend, though."

Luna gave him a look. "Your girlfriend won't fit in your suitcase, and it's just for twenty days."

"Twenty days too long." Noah turned back to her. "Kissing you keeps me alive, so that means I'm going to die."

"I'll miss you, too, No."

Noah's eyes trailed across her face, brightening slightly at the use of the nickname she had recently started saying. "Twenty days. I'll be back soon, and when I do, we'll have an actual, proper date. I promise."

Oh, right. In the frenzy that the week they had been dating, between figuring some of their shit out and traveling and whatnot, they hadn't actually had time to set aside for a real date. It was always just hangouts at each other's houses, which Luna didn't mind whatsoever. But the thought of going out somewhere with Noah officially was enough to make her all giddy inside.

She smiled softly. "I'll hold you to it."

Nolan walked out of the house, shutting and locking the door behind him. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, just a second," Noah replied. He then reached forwards and wrapped his arms around Luna, pulling her into a tight hug. "Bye, Lunes."

"Bye," Luna said. "Tell Ems and Moo I said hi and that I love them dearly."

"Why does it sound like you like my sisters more than me?"

"Hey, I didn't say it, you did."

Noah chuckled a bit before pulling slightly back. He then dipped his head down and pressed his lips onto hers, kissing her gently in the chilly air of early November. Luna put her hands on his stomach and rose up onto her toes in effort to get closer to him. Finally, after a couple very long moments, Noah pulled back away from her. Luna's eyes slowly fluttered open to look up at him, her eyes full of stars.

He kissed her forehead. "I'll see you soon."

Luna backed away from him, instantly missing his warmth. "Bye."

Noah and Nolan got in the car, and Nolan started it up. After a couple seconds, he started to back out of the driveway. Luna smiled a little and waved to them, standing in the same spot until the car drove down the street. She let out a deep breath and turned around, walking across the front yard to her house, where Mary Jane was standing on the porch with two mugs of tea.

"Oh, girl, you're down bad," Mary Jane said, handing one of the mugs to Luna.

Luna rolled her eyes. "You sound like Karl."

"That's the biggest insult I've ever received."

She shook her head and took a sip of her tea. Twenty days. It was fine.

-ˏˋ ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ˊˎ-

breaking news: luna hayes gets stupidly kiss drunk and is left in a daze every time noah kisses her (REAL)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 1.6K 32
š†šˆš‘š‹š’ š‹šˆšŠš„ š†šˆš‘š‹š’ ā†ŖļøŽš˜¢š˜®š˜¦š˜­š˜Ŗš˜¦ š˜»š˜Ŗš˜­š˜£š˜¦š˜³ š˜¹ š˜§š˜¦š˜®š˜¢š˜­š˜¦ š˜°š˜¤ šš„šØš­ šœš«šžššš­šžš š›š²: @š›šžš›šžšÆššš§š¢ š–š«š¢š­š­šžš§ š›š²...
177K 2.7K 40
šˆš… š” š‹šŽš•š„ šŒš„ ā†ŖļøŽš˜Øš˜¹š˜Ø š˜Ŗš˜®š˜¢š˜Øš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦š˜“ š†šˆš‘š‹š’ šŽšš‹š˜ š‘šžšŖš®šžš¬š­š¬: š‚š„šØš¬šžš! Started: November 2020 Published: December 27, 20...
306K 6.6K 30
"š™±ššžšš ššŠ šš‹šš˜šš¢ ššŒššŠšš— šššš›ššŽššŠšš–, šš›šš’šššš‘šš?" - š¬š­ššš«š­šžš : šØšœš­ 2020 šžš§ššžš : š£ššš§ 2021
195K 5K 21
"i'd forget all the ways that we're broken." fem oc x georgenotfound started: nov. 14 2020 finished: jan. 20 2021