CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA

By princessreign297

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But Caden is anything but normal. Unmated, unmatched, and the Alpha of... More

LET ME IN.
STAY
ALL OR NOTHING
THE RIVAL
FALLING FOR ME
FAMILY REUNION
NOT AGAIN
TRAITOR
SLEEP WITH ME
THE TRUTH
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
ONE OF US
🌶️BURNING DESIRE🌶️
AMBUSH
🌶️OUT OF THE ASHES🌶️
STRONGER TOGETHER
🌶️NO ESCAPE🌶️

MY POWERS

286 8 0
By princessreign297

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

“You’re shifting, Arabella.” Caden says as I curl in on myself, insides boil like magma.

“W-what? How is this possible-ah!” Damon slowly picks himself up off the floor, but I feel dizzy and flushed, my pulse pounding and my eyes flashing green.

“Arabella, what’s going on?”

I want to reach for Sarah, to explain, but I can’t. The pain is almost unbearable.

“Caden…it hurts. I’m burning!”

“Just focus, Arabella. The pain will go away soon.”

I grit my teeth, doubling over again. I catch Caden watching me in panic and awe.

“Arabella.” Caden’s voice is laced with a mixture of pride, excitement, panic and dare I say love.

“You bitch…” Damon’s voice is like snake venom as he begins to advance on me, slow and deliberate as fury rolls off him in waves but he stops short as I scream, the pain ripping through me and tearing me apart from the inside. I fall forward but I don’t hit the ground with hands and knees. Instead, I stare at paws beneath me, I feel my sleek fur, I run my tongue over sharp fangs…as I stare at the ground, at my own paws, I see white fur, soft and pure as snow. I try to stabilize myself, shock coiling through me like vines.

I’m a wolf…

“Impossible…this shouldn’t be happening.” Damon seethes.

“Arabella…” Caden softly calls out.

Time seems to stop as I feel all the surrounding nature as if it’s an extension of myself. I stand tall, a full, regal, complete wolf. All of my senses are heightened, overwhelming and powerful. I sniff and move through the room, hyper-aware of the earth beneath me, the trees outside, the plants in the window. The earth makes me powerful, like moths to flames, leaves and soil suddenly rush across the floor and travel up into my veins, I grow in size.

“How?” Damon is still reeling in my transformation.

Now energized, I give in to my instincts, snarling and lunging for Damon.

“You little…” He bends his head, his eyes glowing bright as his skin ripples like boiling water.

“Fine. Two can play this game, my little mate.” He too shifts into a black and grey snarling wolf with glowing red eyes, baring his teeth.

“Hey!” Sarah suddenly steps in front of me, glaring at the wolf.

“Stay away from my friend.”

This is not the time to play my protector Sarah, it’s the other way around.

I want to yell for her to get out of here. That he’s too strong for her, but when I try to speak, nothing comes out but a pained growl. Damon snaps his teeth, baring glinting sharp fangs as he stalks towards Sarah.

“Arabella, move!” Caden’s words shake me and I spring into action, rushing and crashing into Damon before he can reach Sarah. Damon’s clawed paw kicks me hard that I lose my footing and I slide across the dojo floor. Not getting enough, he straightens and starts advancing on Sarah again.

Everything is so different. I can’t protect Sarah. I don’t know what to do. I don’t—

“Arabella…listen to me.” It’s only then that I notice it. The bond with Caden. It’s usual hum heightens to a pulsating tie between us. I feel Caden inside me, reaching me through the chaos.

“You have to listen to me, Arabella.” His words ring like a primal truth, roaring inside me.

Sarah is backed against the wall now, and Damon is a feet away from her, saliva dripping from his jaws.

“Oh, God…Oh my God.” I can feel her fear pouring out of her.

“Listen to me and trust your instincts. They’ll guide you.”

I don’t know anything about his world so it’s only natural to listen to someone who understands what I’m going through if I’m to win this fight. My breathing stabilizes and everything goes quiet. A soft but commanding voice deep within me tells me what to do next. 

I can do this. I can fight him.

I straighten myself, snarling to get Damon’s attention. When his head turns, Caden tells Sarah to run, pushing her to the back room. I then rush at Damon, pushing him back and butting my head into his ribs to throw him off. He attempts to wrestle me down but each time I dodge and push him back with ease and agility.

Wow! This is easier than breathing.

My then snap at the scruff under his muzzle and he jerks back. Damon retreats slightly, a low growl in his throat. With a growl, I leap forward and sink my teeth deep into Damon’s upper shoulder. He squeals as I tear through fur and flesh to the sinew underneath. Then, with a snap, I throw him to the side.

Damon hits the wall so hard that it leaves a dent. He scrambles away from me then and sprints out the door.

I did it. I can’t believe I did it.

As the fresh blood coats my tongue, my vision bleeds red at the edges. Suddenly, rage fills me as an uncontrollable violence shudders through my body. I want to chase after Damon. I want to hunt him down and tear him apart. The rage of tearing his into shreds roars inside me with the need to hunt, the need to kill I have never felt before. I want to sink my teeth into his flesh as I witness the life leaving his limp body.

I roar with fury as Caden’s powerful, dark wolf slams into me.

Calm down. The bleeding is setting you off.’ With a jolt, I realize I can hear Caden’s voice like this. It rings in my head as if coming from somewhere inside me, swimming in my mind but the need to hunt grips at me firmer.

Get off me. I’m going to kill Damon.’

‘I want to track him down as badly as you do, but this isn’t the right time.’

‘I’ll decide that for myself. Let me go!’

‘No, I will not. This isn’t you, Arabella.’ Clamping the scruff of my neck in his jaws, Caden pins me down. With a low growl that rumbles in my pinned ears, he uses his commanding Alpha voice to reach me.

Calm down, Arabella. Let go of anger.’ In this form, his voice moves like hot honey through my veins as our bond roars to life. The need, the desire to submit is stronger than anything I’ve ever felt before.

‘Submit. Now.’ It’s all I can think of, clouding my vision and fogging my mind, calming me like ice to a wound. The fog clears as reason seeps back into my body. Caden stands over me, his mouth still wrapped around the scruff of my neck.

That’s it, Arabella. Find yourself for me.’ I let my body soften beneath Caden’s.

‘Good, Arabella.’ I close my eyes and curl in against Caden. His jaws loosen and I roll over on my back. He gives an approval, soft growl, nuzzling my neck and licking the spot he bit.

‘Good. Calm yourself down. You can do it.’ My body turns to liquid, molding beneath his as I sink into the ground. Caden growls in approval, nuzzling my fur and sending waves of foreign pleasure through my body. It really feels good to please him.

‘There you go. Take a deep breath. The rage is leaving you.’ I do as he says, breathing deeply, feeling the anger ebb away. All at once, the hold on my wolf form slips away. It dissolves as I shrink, returning to normal. I collapse with a cry, naked and human again. Caden shifts at almost the same second, putting him on top of me, his body as naked as mine.

“Arabella? Are you all right?” The hard contours of his muscular body pin me there, his sweat mingling with my own. We both pant against each other, heat and exhaustion running through me.

“What…what happened?”

“That’s a loaded question, little one.”

“Yeah, well I…” I trail off as I realize my position. With a start, my body reacts as if a wildfire has ignited through my veins.

“Don’t look!” This is embarrassing. I clap one hand over Caden’s eyes and the other over my breasts.

“It’s fine. I’m not looking. And even if I was…”

“Just don’t!” I cut him off. Quickly, I scramble to the side of the dojo, hiding behind a door as Caden pulls his clothes back on.

“Hey, why are your clothes still intact?” I whine.

“Practice. I can take them off pretty fast before transforming.”

“Well that is something you intentionally left out.”

“Hey, we both thought you were an omega until five minutes ago. I didn’t do this to get you naked just so you know.”

He’s right though. Until now we both thought I was a powerless shifter.

Caden drifts over to the shredded remains of your clothes.

“So much for these. Do you have any extras around here?”

“I might. I usually keep a spare change of clothes in my locker.”

“Interesting.” Caden’s eyes glint mischievously.

“What is that look for?”

“Nothing. I just realized I’ve never seen you in your own clothes.”

“Well, kidnapping someone while they’re just coming out of a sparring sessions will do that.” With a smirk, I turn on my heel and head to the locker room. I actually have a couple options in here. Lucky me. 

“Can’t wait to see what your own personal style is, Arabella.” I can hear Caden’s low voice from the other room. Okay then. I pick out one of my favorite outfits. A short denim shorts and a comfy long sleeve shirt.

“Well?” Caden knocks and I open the door to him.

“This is me.” He practically does a double take when he sees me. He traces the curves of my body in my own clothes for the first time.

“So? What do you think?”

“I never…” He seems lost for words.

“Never what?”

“I never imagined you’d look so nice. Like that. I mean.” Clearly flustered, he clears his throat.

“That style makes sense for you, is all I’m saying. You look…really nice.”

“Thank--” Suddenly, a loud thump echoes through the locker room. Caden and I both stop teasing immediately.

“What was that?” Another thump, and I realize the sound is coming from the bathroom.

“Arabella.” A worried and terrified Sarah calls out. She’s still here?

“Shit. I told her to run, but I didn’t think she’d stick so close by.” I rush to the bathroom door, prying it open to revel Sarah unharmed as she huddles in a corner of the room.

“Sarah, why didn’t you leave the dojo?”

“I panicked. Can you blame me?”

“Come one, Sarah. Let’s get you out of here, okay?” After some coaxing, Sarah tentatively inches out of the bathroom, keeping her distance from me and Caden.

“Arabella, what the hell happened? That guy turned into a wolf. You turned into a wolf!” There’s tremor in her voice when she speaks.

“Well, you see…it’s a long story, Sarah.”

“Long story or short, it doesn’t change the fact that you turned into a freaking--”

“Sarah, calm down. It’s okay.” I cut her off but she doesn’t listen, shaking her head as she panics.

“I should call the police. No, I’m going to call the police.”

“What? And what are you going to tell them, you saw me turn into a wolf?” Ignoring me, she reaches for her phone but before she can say anything else, Caden steps in, his eyes glowing gold and his voice slicing through the air.

“Oh, I don’t think so.” His command sends shivers down my spine and Sarah freezes, her eyes glazing over in a trance.

“Caden…she’s not a shifter.”

“My command still works.”

“What’s happening? What have you done to her?” Sighing, Caden turns his gaze to me.

“If she tells anyone about what she saw, it could be dangerous for the pack. And for her.”

“But she saw everything and we can’t change that.”

“I can actually. Perks of being supernatural.” His eyes flash and Sarah’s eyes close, asleep and standing all at once. He takes a deep breath, his expression solemn.

“We have to make her forget.”

“Is that possible?” He gives me a firm nod.

“It’s an old part of our abilities as shifters…a way to keep our identities a secret.” He brings his glowing golden eyes close to Sarah’s temple. A strange buzzing fills the air around him.

“This is the best way to do it. It will take her pain away.”

“Okay, Caden. Take her pain away.” Caden nods, his golden eyes fixed on Sarah’s temple. He takes her face in his hands and pulls her close.

“Sarah…” Caden whispers and somehow my friend’s name reverberates through the room as if spoken at full volume. Her eyes closed, in a complete trance, Sarah bows. Caden speaks against her forehead.

‘Dean dearmad ar.’ The words are foreign, but somehow I know them. Like I’ve heard them before. Sarah’s head rocks back and she gasps. Then, she opens her eyes and stretches, as through waking from a nap.

“Wh-what’s going on?”

“You’re the famous Sarah, aren’t you? I’m Caden. Arabella was just giving me a tour of the dojo and we found you taking a nap in here.”

“A nap? In the locker room?”

“Yeah, Sarah. Eccentric. Just like you.”

“You know me. Gotta keep my nap spots interesting.”

She bought it. Good.

“Well, it’s getting late. I’m going to head out and get some actual rest. It was nice to meet you…” She waits to hear his name.

“Caden.” He repeats.

“Caden. Right.” Sarah waves and as soon as Caden’s back is turned, she checks him out and gives me a thumbs up and dashes off. When I hear the front door close, I breathe a sigh of relief.

“That was close. Thank you, Caden.”

“My pleasure.”

“What were those words you spoke?”

“It’s the language of our ancestors.”

“Strange. It felt like I almost understood it or--” A sudden clap of thunder makes me jump.

“You alright?”

“I’m fine, no need to worry.”

“Don’t play that card with me. What’s going on?”

“I think my nerves are just a bit raw after Damon and…”

“And after shifting for the first time?” He finishes for me and I nod.

“Understandable.” We both head back out into the main room. The paper over the windows shakes. Caden cracks the front door to find a violent storm raging outside. Wind whips the trees and rain lashes the ground.

“Damn. It’s really coming down. I think Sarah left just in time.” Another crack of lightning slices through the air, stronger than before making the door blow wide open. Caden struggles to close the door, rain whipping against him hard. I unhook a massive punching bag and drag it towards the door as something to hold it shut.

“Here, Caden, use this.” Caden takes the bag and shoves it in front of the door. The extra weighing finally latches it shut.

“Wow. We’re really not going anywhere until that storm passes.” Caden shivers. I look down at his shirt, now damp from the pounding rain.

“You must be cold.”

“I’m fine, I’ll dry.” He shivers again.

“I think I know what can warm you up.” I dip behind the front desk and I pull out a bottle of whiskey. Caden’s eyes go wide.

“You’re full of surprises tonight, aren’t you?”

“I have had my fill of surprises.”

“Well, let’s get our fill of liquor instead, then.” Caden takes the bottle and uncorks it with ease. He holds it out to me.

“Open up.” Keeping my eyes trained on his, I open my mouth and he pours a mouthful of the amber liquid onto my tongue.

“Well?” I swallow. The heady, syrupy liquid slides down my throat. A warm shudder travels up my neck.

“It’s pretty good. Try it for yourself.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Caden continues to stare, a smirk in his eyes as he takes a shot from the bottle. He shudders when the effects of the whiskey take over and he grins.

“Yeah. Pretty good is right.” He takes another sip and sinks onto the mats of the dojo. I sit beside him. Lightning strikes again, flashing to illuminate Caden’s chest through his dump T-shirt.

“This storm reminds me of the night we met.”

“Oh yeah? The night you barged in here and tried to ‘claim’ me?”

“Hey, I did claim you.” He says, leaning closer, the whiskey lingering on his breath. A challenge flickering in his eyes.

“Dragging me off into the night is not the same as claiming me.” I lean closer to him, answering the challenge in his gaze with one of my own.

“And if you hadn’t brought back-up that night, I would have kicked your ass.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” His eyes glint bright. The challenge is clear. I shoot a fist towards his neck but he ducks left.

“You’re going to have to be faster than that.”

“Yeah? Try this one.” I feint with the same hand and when he ducks, I drive my heel to his nose, but stop half an inch from contact.

“See? I would have broken your nose just then.” Caden looks over at the bottle of whiskey.

“You made me spill.” Faster than the lightning cracking overhead, Caden sweeps his foot out and sends me flying onto my back. I gasp, bracing myself to slam against the mat, but I don’t. 

Caden hovers over me, holding me an inch off the ground with impossible strength. He lets out a satisfactory grin.

“Surrender, Arabella.”

“Surrender? You wish.” Cupping my hand over the back of his neck, I perform a flip that is only possible with years of training. A sharp, excited breath leaves Caden as I slam him to the ground, my body over his.

“Surrender, Caden.” I repeat his own words. A little too seductively. The whiskey must’ve gotten to me.

“What’s in it for me if I do?”

“You’ll get to keep your failure our secret.”

“You won’t tell the rest of the pack? I’m grateful.”

“You’re welcome.” 

“I surrender. This time.” Caden takes a brief look down at my lips. I lean in, my gaze dropping to his lips just in time to catch a sharp inhale.

“Uh, we should probably go to bed.” Slowly, I nod. Realizing my mouth is open too.

“Probably for the best.” Neither of us move. We’re just staring at each other, breathing in and out. Then slowly, with a hint of regret, I move to get off of Caden.

“Wait.” He says taking me by the hips, his hands strong and firm. Our bond pulses like fire.

“The whiskey. I told you it spilled.” I then realize that the liquor is all over my collarbone, golden droplets sticking to my skin.

“Hold still. I’ll get it for you.” He pulls me down to him, his mouth hot and hungry. I don’t dare move, I don’t even dare to breathe as Caden grip is solid on my hips. He closes the gap between us, lightly kissing away a drop of whiskey.

“Mmm.” The sound he makes is like nothing I’ve heard from him before. A pleasured, almost pained sound. He drags his tongue over my collarbone making me gasp. 

My God. This feels amazing.

As he soaks the mind-bending liquid from my flesh, he leaves a trail of ecstasy in his wake. His mouth is rough yet gentle, as he laps at my throat, my shoulder…

“So good.” Caden breathes the words against me and my heart skips a beat. As it does, our true mate bond flares bright and hot. Caden pulls back, as though he’s singed.

“That was…um, thank you.”

“Yeah…you’re welcome.” I think I could hear Caden groan when I slide off of him.

“The mats are made of bamboo. They should be comfortable to sleep on.”

“So they are.” Caden and I stretch out on the mats, closing our eyes. The last thing I remember before sleep takes me is the feeling of his breath against my lips. But the same terrifying nightmare takes hold of me the minute the darkness finds me.

The smell of smoke and blood. The crackles of flame. Someone screaming my name.

‘Arabella!’

The flames lick the canvas tents of my father’s encampment.

‘Arabella!’ He calls out.

I’m running. Someone is dragging me along but I manage to turn to see Raphael chasing after me.

‘Arabella!’ Just then, I hear myself scream to the person dragging me to let go. I tug on the hand, trying to break free from the person pulling me at the same moment Raphael reaches for me—

‘Arabella!!!’

I tug again at the hand pulling me from my father. This time, I hear myself scream something else…

‘Let me go Caden!’ When the figure tugging me along turns towards me, I see his face clear.

Caden’s face. 

He’s younger, but there’s no mistaking- it’s him.

I bolt upright, sweat and tears staining my face. The first thing I see is Caden rushing to my side.

“Arabella, what is it? The same nightmare.” He reaches for me, but I pull away.

“You’re a liar!” I scream out.

“What are you talking about?”

“This whole time, you knew me when we were kids. You knew exactly what happened to me and you lied to me right on my face!”

“Arabella, please--”

“No! Why would you keep this from me? What more aren’t you telling me?” He reaches for me again, but I shove him away and sprint out of the dojo.

“Arabella!”

Rain pounds against me, drenching my hair and clothes as I bolt for the gate but Caden grabs my wrists holding me fast.

“Arabella, wait. Alright. Yes. I did know you when we were children. Is that what you want to hear?”

“Get off me!” I grit out. I try to get away but Caden just pulls me closer, rain clinging to his hair, his full mouth.

“I did know you when we were kids. I took you away from that place.” Even in the freezing rain, his eyes burn into mine. His grip on me is clad iron.

“I saved your life and I’d do it again. Consequences be damned.”

“But why? Why would you keep it from me?” Instead of answering, Caden takes my face in his hands and slams his lips against mine in a searing kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 133 66
"Hey Coco!" Annaya screamed. In front of my whole family. The whole table gave me disapproving looks except for Harmony and Melody. I liked the gal b...
194K 7.7K 41
Excerpt from the story: Running. That's what I was doing. From what you ask me. From wolves. They've been chasing me for a while now. The sound of t...
50.7K 2.4K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...