STAY | COMPLETED ✓

By African_nerd

Kai, a private detective under an organization, discovers that his family has a gift of seeing ghosts in the... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 14

117 12 0
By African_nerd

The sound of my ringing tone woke me up as I struggled to pick up the phone. It was a Saturday and I didn't have to go to the office so early. Answering the call, I put it on my ear as a spoke.

" Hello?" I said with my sleep induced voice.

"Kai?, Where are you? I've just landed" The voice replied. It was Theo, shit. I overslept.

" I'm on my way T, there's traffic" I said lying to him.

" Oh, okay. I'll be waiting for you at the arrivals okay?" He said as I heard him panting. He was probably walking back to the arrivals.

I felt like shit that it skipped my mind that Theo would be landing today. He was probably overwhelmed with the crowd at the airport in a new place. Getting up from my bed in a hurry, I ran to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and brushed my teeth. Once I was done, I wore a short and a t-shirt not forgetting my glasses and hurriedly ran downstairs.

" Whoa!, What's the rush?" I heard Ethan say as he came out of his room opposite mine.

" I'm late for the airport, let's talk when I'm in the car" I spoke quickly as I left the house.

The drive from the airport wasn't so far thankfully, just 20 minutes away from home.

' Is everything okay?' Ethan asked as I cursed.

' Yeah, I think I jinxed myself' I replied groaning.

' How?' He asked as confusion seeped from his voice.

' I'm meant to pick my best friend from the airport. Not only am I late, I lied to him that their was traffic on the road so I could hurry there but now there's actually traffic' I replied sighing.

' Don't worry, just call him and tell him you're on your way. Keep him updated okay?' He advised.

' I'll do that now, thank you' I replied as I focused on the traffic in front of me.

Dialing Theo's number with one hand, I connected the call to the speaker of the car.
" Hey T, I'm so sorry for not being there yet" I started as he picked up the call.

" It's okay, I'm just inside a bakery waiting. Don't drive recklessly!, I'm not running anywhere okay?" He replied trying to reduce the tension I was feeling.

" Okay, see you soon" I said as I was about to hang up the call.

" Wait wait, what's the name of the bakery?" I asked remembering that I needed to know his exact location.

" Cake and bake " he replied simply.

" Okay, I'll be there soon" I concluded cutting the call.

Thankfully, I could see the traffic moving. After 10 minutes, I was finally at the airport. Paying the entrance and parking fee, I stepped out of the car in search of the bakery.
Walking towards the arrival, I saw one of the airport officials.

" Hello, please excuse me" I said as she turned towards me.

" Hello, Good morning. How may I help you?" She asked nicely.

" I'm looking for a bakery, Cake and bake. Please can you direct me?" I replied with a smile.

" Sure, just go straight then to your first left, you'll see the sign board. It's actually not far from here " she instructed pointing towards the direction.

" Thank you so much, have a nice day" I said thankfully as I walked swiftly following her directions.

After I turned to my left, I saw a beautiful pink signboard with colorful cupcake drawings with the writing, "Cake and bake". Entering into the bakery, I used my eyes to search out Theo since there were so many people. Before I could find him, I heard someone call my name from the booth closest to where I was standing. Turning towards the voice, I saw Theo standing as he jumped on me giving me a big hug.

" I'm happy to see you too T" I said hugging him back. He still looked the same like the last time I saw him. his blue eyes smiling back at me and his hair always out of place. He was two years older than me but because of how I towered over his 5'6 height, I was confused as the older one.

" Let's get out of here hmm?" I asked as he let go of me and began to drag his box so we could leave.

" I got it" I said as I held the box signalling him to let go of it.

" Thank you " he replied as we headed towards the car. After I put the box into the boot, I entered the car as he was about to buckle up.

" Sorry for coming late" I apologized since I hadn't said it in front of him.

" It's okay actually, you over slept right?" He asked laughing as he looked at me.

" How?-" I asked in disbelief.

" I know you Kai, you're always early to things. If you woke up early, you would have been waiting here even before I landed. Plus your voice when you picked up" He said as he looked away shaking his head in amusement.

" Yesterday was a very busy day, I'm sorry I lied to you " I remorsefully said as I began to drive.

" Code Red?" He asked using our code we made while he was working as an emergency nurse. Code Red meant that it was a very serious situation of life and death.

" Yeah, it was a messy one" I replied trying not to remember the incident too much.

" Want to talk about it?" He asked as we got to the exit of the airport.

Theo was my human diary. I told him every single thing. So it wasn't hard for me to spill everything immediately he asked.

" Wow. That's a lot " he said after I told him everything. I tried as much as possible not to leave anything out, starting from how I had my accident to how I met Rose, Ethan and Amelia.

" So Ethan lives with you now?" He asked to be very certain.

" Yeah" I said as I glanced towards him.

" That's a lot to take in" he sighed.

" Do you think I'm crazy?" I asked truthfully. Theo was always there during my Mum's relapse so I wondered if he thought I was like my mum and I was ' seeing things'

" Of course not, I know it's something that you won't be able to prove, but deep down I know that you won't lie about something like this and if we find out later that you're seeing things, we'd figure it out" he replied honestly.

" I'm not seeing things" I murmured to myself.

" I know, I'm sorry for insinuating such." He said as he stayed quiet. I didn't like how I changed the mood from a happy one to a sour one so I decided to change the topic.

" Where did you say the apartment was located again?" I asked opening the GPS system of the car.

" It's called K suites apparently, I saw the pictures online and just paid. I genuinely hoped I wasn't duped " he said with a hint of fear.

" Let's go and find out then" I replied as I smiled gently at him.

After inputting the name into the GPS, I realized that it wasn't far from my house at all. How come I didn't know the place?. On getting there, we realized the building was indeed real. At least Theo wasn't duped.

Entering into the building, we saw a reception with someone sitting absent mindedly.

" Excuse me" Theo said drawing the receptionist back to reality.

" I rented a place under Theo Andrews" he continued as he gave the receptionist his ID.

" Sure, please wait a moment" He smiled as he typed into his computer. After some seconds, he gave Theo back his ID and a key card.

" You're in suite 3 on the third floor. You can use the elevator or the stairs. Whatever you deem best" he instructed as he smiled at us both.

" Thank you. Have a nice Day" Theo concluded smiling back at him as we entered the elevator.

As we got to the third floor, we walked towards Theo's suite which was situated at the other side of the hallway. The beep of another card from the opposite room got our attention as we turned towards the noise. To my surprise, it was a familiar face.

" Reese?" I called out as the person turned to face us.

" Kai, what are you doing here?" He asked surprised.

" I came to drop someone" I said with a bright smile.

Looking at Theo, he gave a gently smile as he stretched his hand towards him.
" You must be the best friend" he asked as he looked at Theo from head to toe.

" Theo" my best friend replied with a voice I've never heard before.

'Okayyy' I thought to myself as looked at them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601 8 13
When Kai, a young teen, runs away from home to avoid an unwanted meeting and runs into his rebellious neighbour, the two embark on a secret journey a...
Partners By R

General Fiction

285 19 30
Dreams do come true if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it. -- J. M. Barrie Detect...
215K 6.1K 68
Gay romance mxm (MATURE!!. Smutty) (NOT mpreg) ⚠️🔞⚠️ Kai and Shadow have been best friends forever, but not long after their eighteen birthday, they...
231K 7.6K 25
(Lee Hana's POV) Have you ever met a guy who is cold, mysterious, annoying, and lovely at the same time? Well, I have! His name is Kai and I call h...