Not As It Seems (Wally Darlin...

By Kyoko_Hirai

Where a naive fairy thinks that leaving her home was the best decision she could've ever taken. Only to find... More

•Prologue•
•Chapter One•
•Chapter Two•
•Chapter Three•
•Chapter Four•
•Chapter Five•
•Chapter Six•
•Chapter Seven•
•Chapter Eight•
•Chapter Ten•
•Chapter Eleven•

•Chapter Nine•

533 19 19
By Kyoko_Hirai

EVENING

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I don't think I'm doing this right.." (Y/N) muttered while she looked at the laughing Julie. "I thought you were a garden fairy! Isn't dirt your thing?" The fairy girl tried to remove the mud that covered her from head to toe, starting from her head. She was a whole mess.

"I never said I was a garden fairy. I just happen to live in a forest where there is a lot of flowers and dirt, but I'm not that type of fairy." She replied to the blonde as she sighed. No matter what she did she just couldn't get rid of all the mud.

"Well, you did great for your first time!" Julie exclaimed, giving her a thumbs up. (Y/N) gave her a blank stare in return as she looked at Julie's work, all her flowers planted beautifully and bright. Then she turned to look at her side, you could barely tell those were flowers. The flowers had been fresh when Julie gave them to (Y/N), but now they were all withered.

"My definition of great is way different from yours. But, thanks for trying to make me feel better." The blonde proceeded to help the (H/C) haired girl stand up from the ground and tried helping her with the mud. Her clothes were ruined.

"Maybe next time we should get more appropriate clothes for gardening." Julie chuckled, still loving the faces her new fairy friend was giving her. "You could say that again." (Y/N) said, now giggling herself.

Even if the outcome didn't go as planned, she still had lots of fun with Julie. She didn't have friends before, so it was a really nice experience to go through for the first time.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up." After that, they both made their way back towards the neighborhood and went towards (Y/N)'s house. Next thing she had to do is meet up with Wally, but she couldn't go looking like that.

Julie grabbed the hose that were located to the side of (Y/N)'s house and turned them on. The fairy girl who was unaware of the blonde's actions, reached for the door knob to enter her house. But before she could, she felt cold water hit her from the back.

She yelped and tried covering herself with her hands, which didn't help in the slightest. "Julie! What are you doing?!" She yelled, only to choke on her next words when water entered her mouth. "You can't go inside the house like that! You'll dirty up the carpets. You know how long it took us to install those?"

Once Julie turned the hose off, she began laughing while she looked at her friend's new appearance. (Y/N) shivered and looked like a wet dog as she hugged herself, trying to find a little bit of warmth. On the bright side, almost all the mud was gone.

"You okay?" Julie asked, jogging up to her. "Just great..." She replied back, trying to move her dampened wings. Fun fact about the little fairy girl, if her wings are wet, she can't fly.

"You should go inside and take a bath, don't want you to catch a cold." It was bright and sunny outside, but it was very windy as well. "Yeah, I'll go do that, thank you for today Julie." (Y/N) thanked the girl as she gave her a big smile. She was genuinely grateful for their time spent together.

"No problem girlfriend! I'll see you later okay? Have fun with Wally." Julie smiled back at her and waved goodbye.

As Julie's back was the only thing (Y/N) could see, she failed to notice how the blonde's smile turned into a frown, her eyes down-casting in worry.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After taking a bath and changing her clothes to cleaner ones, she made her way outside the house and to her surprise Wally was already there waiting for her. "Hello neighbor!" He greeted with a small wave.

"Wally! You're early. I didn't know you were here already, sorry if I kept you waiting. I had to clean myself, working with flowers isn't a clean job." She explained to him and chuckled at the memory of the events from earlier.

"No worries, I just got here and Julie told me you were already home so I came by." (Y/N) closed the door to her house and made her way towards Wally who waited for her patiently. "I see then, well let's get going! I can't wait for my lesson."

Wally proceeded to lead the girl towards his house, which she followed without question. Now that she thought about it, she got a closer look at everyone's houses except for his.

Much to her surprise, his house was the one that stuck out like a sore thumb. The one that first got her attention. The one that gave her that unsettling feeling. "Here we are. Are you ready?" Wally asked, turning to look at her.

"You live here?" She asked, trying to see inside his house through the windows, but she couldn't. His windows were weird as well, the shape, the shade, everything. "Yeah! You like it?" He asked gleefully, his eyebrows shooting upwards.

"Yeah, it's very... What the?!" The fairy's wings shot up in alert as she hid behind Wally. She gripped the back of his blue sweater, her body trembling in fright at what she saw.

She wasn't crazy, the first time she saw it she was right. The house did blink at her.

And it just did it again.

"Wally! I think your house is alive!" Wally chuckled, as he brought a hand to his mouth to control the noises he was making. He found her reaction adorable and the way she was clinging to him made him feel cozy inside.

"I see you haven't met Home yet." He said, turning around to look at her. The fairy in return gave him a confused look at what he had said. Wally grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her next to him, exposing her form to the house that loomed over them. "You don't have to be scared. Home is really nice."

"Home? It's alive?" She asked concerned, she never heard of such a thing. "He is. Home is the ninth neighbor here. Home this is (Y/N), (Y/N) meet Home." The fairy girl waved unsure to the house and to her shock, the house replied. It opened the front door and shook it back and forth, she assumed it was him waving back.

"How is this possible...?" (Y/N) questioned in awe. "Home is very special. He is the reason this neighborhood exists." The way Wally talked about Home made (Y/N) turn to look at him in a troubled way. His eyes softened and his smile became more relaxed.

She wondered what their relationship was. But just by looking at Wally's eyes, she could tell Home was very special to him.

(Y/N) felt a piercing stare and when she looked up, she saw how Home had his eyes on her. 'So those aren't windows.' She thought as she stared straight back at him. "Sorry for my rudeness then, I didn't know." The female spoke, now talking directly to Home.

A creaking sound is what she got in reply as the house blinked at her twice. Apparently is was trying to talk to her. "He said that it was fine and that it is very nice to meet you." Wally translated when he saw the look of confusion on her face.

'Wally understands him? How?'

"Well now that you both know each other, should we continue?" Wally asked, reaching his hand out for her to take it. The fairy grabbed it, but her eyes never left Home's. It was a weird, a feeling was just growing inside her and she didn't know what it was.

"Alright, lead the way." Wally gave Home a look, to which in response to he opened the door for the two little individuals in front of him.

"Thank you."

They both walked inside and immediately after they did, the door slammed shut behind them. (Y/N) froze, she couldn't see anything. There was no light coming in so everything was dark. "Wally?" She whispered in fright. Although she couldn't see him, she still felt the warmth of his hand on hers.

"I'm here." He replied. (Y/N) shivered when she heard his voice so close. The blue haired man was right in front of her and since she could hear his breathing clearly, there was no doubt that he was only mere inches in front of her.

"Are you okay? You're stiff?"

"It's very dark.."

"I can help with that."

Suddenly she was blinded by the sudden light entering her eyes. (Y/N) released her hold on Wally's hand to cover her eyes and blinked three times before her eyes finally adjusted.

What she saw next made her gasp.

"You like it? I made it myself."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 32 7
(Wally X Reader) Dumping all your savings into a house you've never seen, you move into a cute little neighborhood by the name of Home. While the hou...
62.4K 2.1K 20
Into the Wonderful World of Oz you go! But what happens when your friends.... don't seem to want you to leave?" |" You want to go home? Oh but sweet...
277K 10.9K 55
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗒. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇�...
5.1K 271 16
((wally darling x gn reader)) "mysotis" he gestured to the flower bed. "forget me nots?" "𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵, 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘪 �...