twin flames ⠀∫⠀ ricciardo

By ammooremio3

because now i'm half of myself here without you you're the best in my life and i lost you More

000.⠀characters
001. wine-stained dress
instagram pt. 1
002. it's all messed up
instagram pt. 2
003. behind her back
instagram pt. 3
005. bubbles
instagram pt. 4
questions & ideas pt. 1
006. storms in his eyes

004. relief

1.6K 35 3
By ammooremio3

ISLA'S POV

You walked into your office slightly late. You'd love to be a punctual person but it's just impossible to be on time when you have two sleepy princesses. Waking them up is the worst part of the morning. Not because they're heavy sleepers but because you adore looking at them sleeping so peacefully. You could've sworn they were born just yesterday. You wish they'd stay this little forever. Sometimes you think you need them more than they need you. Time flies by so fast and soon enough girls will be sneaking out to the parties. You will always go back to their first words, first steps. Picking out their outfits and asking you to play them videos of funny animals on YouTube. You can't fully enjoy these memories because of tremendous feeling of guilt that Ricciardo missed all of this because of your poor decisions. But he's not the only victim of your actions - girls also didn't have a chance to grow up with both of their parents. You're your father's apple of the eye and can't imagine life without his presence and yet you've deprived your daughters of having their own hero. It kills you every single day but it seems like you're getting used to it, because you're not any closer to telling the truth.

"Sorry I'm late, girls overslept again" you said to Diana as you sat behind your desk.

"No need to apologize. It's Friday, none of us wants to work. We're just pretending"

You just laughed at her comment and went on reading and answering the emails. Your day at work passed on meetings, chatting with Di and sipping coffee. Fridays are the best.

"What are your plans for the weekend?"

"I'll probably take girls on a little hiking trip on Saturday and maybe go to the Zoo on Sunday."

"So you're free tonight?"

"Yeah, why? Do you want to come over?"

"No, we're going out. I made a table reservation in a nice italian restaurant"

"What's the occasion? I'll have to call Amelia and ask her if she can stay with girls"

"I already called her, she said yes. And there's no occasion. I just wanted to go to a new fancy place"

"I don't like that smirk on your face, Diana but send me detalis! See you!"

"Bye, love!"

You went straight to the parking lot and got into your car. You picked girls from nursery and decided to grab some ice cream on your way home. You're sitting in the ice cream shop enjoying your scoops.

[Cecilia Caroline]

"Mommy, is grandpa your daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart"

"And he's Auntie Amelia's daddy too?"

"Yes and granny Lisa is our mom"

"Is my daddy Cecilia's daddy too?"

"Yes, honey"

"Why he doesn't live with us?"

"Because he lives in Australia"

"Kangaroos live in Australia too"

"Can we go to Australia to see daddy?"

"We'll see"

"When we"ll see?"

"Okay, girls, eat your ice cream before it melts completely"

You feel bad for ignoring their questions about their dad. They get more and more curious everyday and they're smart. They see other children with their fathers and wonder why they can't hang out with their dad. You always tell them that their dad is really busy but loves them. One day they'll stop believing in your dirty lies but you hope that until then you'll think of something else. You dropped the girls at your sister's after you finished your ice cream and you started to get ready for the dinner. You were told to wear something nice so every guy will break his neck to look at you. You're not sure if you can make it but at least you're going to try. You love dressing up in your best clothes and going out with Diana pretending you're the main characters. Men do try to hit you up but you're not interested in them. You've had a boyfriend a while ago but he couldn't accept the fact that you'll always put your daughters first. You can't blame him for this, you genuinely understand him. Of course you miss being in love. Oftentimes you feel lonely, touch starved and weak. You'd like to meet a man who will take care of you and the girls but for now you're completely focused on motherhood and work.

You stepped in to the restaurant and looked around. It looks elegant and expensive. You got here early and expected Diana would be late as usual. She may always be on time for work but never on a date night with a friend. You walked up to the lady behind the desk and sent her a polite smile.

"Hello. My friend made a reservation under the name Hayes"

Elegantly dressed worker nodded and checked something on the computer and slightly frowned her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, we don't have a reservation under this name"

"That's weird... Let me just call my friend"

You pulled your phone from the purse and unlocked it. You were about to call Diana but something told you to check the notifications. You got a message from her a few minutes ago:

> Have fun telling him the truth while I enjoy Disney+ with C&C at yours <

What the-
You didn't even have time to react because suddenly someone put his hand on your lower back which made your heart skip a beat. You knew exactly whose hand it was. You'd recognize this touch and perfumes everywhere although it's been almost six years since you felt it for the last time. You couldn't move your head to look at him, you just stood there paralyzed by the mix of feelings.

"This lady's with me. Ricciardo"

The worker glared at Daniel with a flirty smile. You can't blame her for that but she should be glad that looks can't kill because she would be dead by yours. You followed her up to a table in the corner of the room. His hand was still placed on your back and you wouldn't mind it to stay there for the rest of the night. The lady left you two with menus and uncomfortable silence. You should probably just go straight to the point but you can't force yourself to ruin his wide smile. He seems happy to see you; his eyes haven't changed. He's still handsome as hell and dark green suit makes him look even better.

"You look absolutely stunning. I love your dress"

He decided to break the quiet by making you blush. You look down trying to hide your rosy cheeks but you know that he noticed them. The waiter approached your table and saved you from Daniel's intense gaze. You ordered food and wine.

"Why did you leave me alone in your room?"

You finally decided to speak. You almost whispered this question worrying about his answer. Over the years you've had many ideas of why he left but you have a feeling that none of them was right.

"I knew you're gonna ask. Now I know that from your perspective it might've looked bad. I woke up that morning and I tried to wake you up with kisses on your face but you were sleeping really deep. So I decided to go and buy you flowers. I assumed you would be still asleep when I come back. It was a stupid idea, I'm sorry. When I came back and you weren't there I thought that you regret it and don't want to see me anymore"

"There was nothing I wanted more than to see you"

And just like that his words made you feel like the worst person in the world. It has never crossed your mind that he actually went out just for a little while. If you just stayed in his hotel room for a little longer, everything could be different now. You can see that he's really sorry but he's the one who deserves an apology.

"If one little thing had been different that morning, everything would be different today"

Speaking out this statement broke your heart. It's painfully true. Both of you messed up that morning but only you continued to mess up every single day up till now. The waiter came with your wine and you drank a whole glass at once. You can't do this sober, you need some alcohol just for courage.

"Who knows maybe now we would have had kids"

He made a joke and your heart stopped for a moment. Your face turned pale and your eyes went wide. You didn't know what to say to that other than truth. You opened your mouth ready to spill the truth but he was faster.

"I'm sorry I know you have daughters I shouldn't have said this I-"

"They're yours"

You didn't let him finish his sentence. At first his face and eyes seemed emotionless as he couldn't believe your words. Then he seemed disappointed, angry and shocked at once. You wanted to run away from his glance. You'd like to know his thoughts because you can't predict his next move. After a while he shook his head and drank his wine. The waiter cut the silent tension. He placed plates on the table and left seeing your expression. But both of you lost your appetite.

"I can't believe you could hide this from me. Hide MY daughters. Why?"

You can't bare the hurt in his voice. Your eyes are getting wet and you don't know what to say. It's your own faul and you don't have any explanation.

"I'm sorry, Daniel..."

"Are you sorry that you hid the truth or that I found out, Isla?"

You remain silent. But silence is still an answer. You feel tears streaming down your face as Ricciardo gets up and leaves. You should run after him, do something but you just can't move.

You sat there until the waiter came up to the table and asked if everything's fine. You asked for the bill but he said that Daniel already paid for everything. And now he also pays the price of your decisions. You called a taxi and went home. You still have to speak with Diana.

"How it went?"

The blonde asked as soon as you walked in. You looked at her with rage.

"You want to know how it went? Great. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"What was I thinking?! What were you thinking for the last five years?! I did what's right!"

"You think that plotting behind my back is right?!"

"Yes, I think it's right in this case! YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD HIM LONG AGO!"

"Stop screaming, you'll wake girls"

"Good! They should know their daddy is in London and wants to meet them!"

"Diana, please-"

"I'll meet daddy?"

You and Hayes turned your heads to see sleepy Caroline standing on the stairs. She's holding her teddy named Nezzy in one hand and rubbing her eye with other. You sighed deeply and went up to her.

"Tell her" Diana said as she left your house. It sounded like a command.

"Yes, darling. But only if you go back to sleep now"

Caroline hugged you tight as you lifted her up and went to the girls' room. You put her to bed and placed a kiss on her forhead. You checked on Cecilia and went to your bedroom. You laid down on your bed and covered your face with your hands. You wanted to scream, kick something. You're angry. Mad at yourself. But also relieved. From now on everything has to get easier, right?

You got a notification.

Unknown: Hi, it's Daniel. I asked Diana for your number. I want to see the girls tomorrow. Please.

You: Hi. Fine, we're going on a hiking trip tomorrow. You can come with us.

Daniel: Okay.

Tomorrow day's going to be hard for you but the best for your daughters. And probably for Daniel too. You can do it for them. You have to, you should've done this a long time ago. You can't stand that Daniel's so nice. He should be mad. Well he probably is but he doesn't show. You sent him your adress with short apology. You'll apologize tomorrow too. And probably every time you'll see him but it still won't be enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 4.8K 34
𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖, 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙗�...
521K 7.7K 74
"I'd give up everything for you"
313K 4.6K 58
With you by my side, the sky will never be grey again
288K 3.2K 56
@charles_leclerc commented on your post.