Angel of Mine

By shmaax

"He's dangerous" that's the most common rumor the school spread about him, the new kid. Melody Trotter is sor... More

Angel of Mine
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
IMPORTANT
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
UPDATE
My Apologies
Chapter 13
FINAL UPDATE :(

Chapter 11

2.6K 62 12
By shmaax

Super long chapter for making up for my late updates lols. ENJOY! x

(Melody’s POV)

I got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen table to get another cup. When suddenly, I was pulled to the side by Alice, dropping my cup. “Hey!” I shouted out to her, she shushed me. Pulling me into a room down the hall. “Alice what the—“ she pushed me into the room where I found Lauren and Rachel in there as well. Alice walked in and locked the door behind her.

“What’s going on?” I gulped. “Melody, you be honest with us right now…” Lauren spoke flipping her dark hair to the back, “Are you and Harry a thing?” she finally asked.

“WHAT?!” I shouted. “No! of course not!” I told them.

“Why are you here with him then?” Rachel continued. “He asked me to go with him, why? I can’t have friends now?! You guys don’t own me.” I defended myself the best I could. Rachel scoffed under her breath and flipped her hair out of her face once more.

“It’s not that, Melody. It’s the fact you have the balls to come up here with him when you and Alex just broke up.”

“Holy…fucking…shit…” I cursed slowly, rolling my eyes. “Alex and I were NEVER a thing. You people believe everything huh?! Get out of my way,” I yelled out, pushing through the three who were blocking the door and past the closed door. I searched the crowd for Harry who still sat where I left him, mingling with a blonde headed girl next to him. I made my way over to him through the crowd. He caught sight of me and noticed the way my eyebrows were furrowed and the disappointment on my face.

“You okay?” he asked as I stood before me. I sighed and reached over for his bottle, chugging down the sizzling taste down my throat. I squeezed my eyes before I spoke, “Nothing I just—“ I paused, looking over to him, his hunched posture in my direction showed me how deeply concerned he was for me at that moment.

“I’m just—I’m beginning to question my friendship with the girls. It’s just unbelievable…” I said sighing deeply. I looked over to the bedroom they had pulled me in and watched them three walk out, glaring back at me. I quickly looked away, more toward Harry’s side when I caught a glimpse of his eyes.

“My friends really don’t like you…” I said shaking my head and turning away from him. I noticed as he was silent he stood up from his seat, causing my reaction to look up as well.

“What are you doing?” I asked. He reached his hand out, “C’mon, let’s go dance.” He said urging me on to stand up. I shook my head, “are you crazy? I-I don’t dance, Harry.”

“C’mon, trust me. It’ll be fun. Give them something to talk about on Monday.” He says, leaning down to grab my hand. The bass of the music was deep and loud and the beat of the song ran fast. He lifted me off my seat, swung his arm around my shoulder and brought me to the heated crowd in the middle of the room. People were clearing the way as we came through, they didn’t really care nor see us come into the crowd together.

Harry came to a halt and swung me around in front of him. He started to sway while I stood frozen and red as a rose from blushing of embarrassment. “Harry, really, I don’t know—“

“It doesn’t matter, Melody.” He yelled over the music and the others who yelled, “Just—here, come here.” He said, soon his hands were planted to the sides of my hips, pulling me closer to him. Feeling the warmth of his hands and entire body made me blush of embarrassment. “Just sway for now.” He whispered in my ear, his hands pushed gently side from side, making me sway with the beat. My arms were fanned out awkwardly, giving him room to place his hands. He grew frustrated and pulled me closer, “you look like a scared bird right now, you can put your hands on my shoulders,” he chuckled. I was hesitant but I finally reached up and held onto him as he instructed.

“Good.” He whispered, “Now, just feel the beat and sway. Just let go.” With his final words, he continued to move my hips, I started to feel the rhythm and did my own thing, I closed my eyes and soon felt Harry’s hand begin to lighten and I realized from then on, I was doing all the work. I felt myself letting go for the first time and finally being able to forget what happened earlier.

When I opened my eyes, I hadn’t realized my hands had snacked around Harry’s neck. And how tall and stiff he stood before me. I paused in my dancing and slowly letting my hands go loose around his neck, the crowd remained to dance but  I couldn’t hear them. I couldn’t see them. All I saw was him, and how odd it felt to feel this way toward someone I loathed.

As I brought my hands down, he caught my right arm by the wrist, causing me to hiss. “Don’t…” he said, keeping hold of it in his large hands. “Don’t what?” I asked him softly. It’s funny how he knew what I was saying over the bass of the stereo.

I watched as he bit his lip and gasped for a sudden breath. He let go of my hand and dropped to my side. Slowly, ever so agonizingly, slowly, he leaned closer to my face. His curly bangs hid his emerald, almond shaped eyes, all I could focus on was the plumpness of the pink swollen lips headed my way. He came so close to my face, I felt his breathing right on my bottom lip.

Alas, a shattering sound in the background caught our attention and snapped us back to reality. A teenager from a far, shattered a class onto the floor drunkenly. We pulled away when we realized what we were doing. We hadn’t laid a single skin on each other…

I looked down to our chests and how close we were all of a sudden, I placed my hand over his chest and pushed away gently. “Umm…I’m gonna….” I stuttered, watching him as he retracted from me, his eyes looked sad in my direction.

“I’m gonna—use the bathroom…” I said, pointing the other direction toward the staircase. He nodded and watched me as I left his sight. I made a quick run for it and out of the crowd of people.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I knew this house very well, again, from all the times Alex would try to bring me over so I knew where all the bathrooms were. The one under the staircase had a line, wrapping around the main hallway. So I resorted to the upstairs bathrooms. Alex’s room. I knocked gently on the door and slowly heaving it open, making sure no one was there and made my way to his bathroom across the door.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and looked myself in the mirror, ‘what just happened?’ I questioned to myself as I adjusted my hair. ‘did Harry and I just…no….did we almost….” I had so much questions fill my mind, mainly; ‘what are you doing, Melody? And why?’

I took a deep breath and gave myself a little quiet pep talk, saying I can’t do it. I can’t fall for him. You can’t do it. With my final words being, ‘be strong.’ I adjusted my dress, fixed my hair and headed out the door. I shut it behind me, quietly as possible.

When suddenly a great force came at me, pinning me back up to the wall next to the door, I gasped for breath and my heart beated out of control.

“Well, well, well, look who finally got to go out…” Of course the voice was familiar, it was Alex. In a state I’ve never seen him in before. The smell of alcohol stained his breath. When he made his deep, throaty laugh, the scent was even stronger. Behind him as usual, his friends, they hung out far enough behind him, but I could tell they were drunk as well. Alex’s eyes were droppy and he was obviously wobbling to find his balance.

“Alex, get off of me.” I begged, attempting to push him away but he only bounced back and pushed me to the wall even harder. His arm moved from my shoulder to across my throat. “Not so fast, Trotter. The party is only getting started,” he said. The force of his arm pressed to my neck harder, causing me to gag. Him and his posse let out a throaty laugh all together.

“You have guts to show up here, especially with that prick.” Alex said, struggling to keep eye contact with me while his eyes kept drooping.

“Don’t talk about him that way!” I yelled back, but it only caused me more pain. “What did you say, Mel Bel? HUH?! Don’t test me…” he said, I felt my feet begin to levitate nearly off the ground, Im now tippy-toeing.

Sweat beads began to trickle down my face, and I found myself gasping for breath all the time. Alex noticed the pain, and his eyes lightened a bit as he backed off. He chuckled under his breath as he let go, bringing me back to the surface. I gasped for the breath that struggled to come out and nearly feeling like I was about to cough out a lung.

But alas, that was short lived, as Alex came back up to me, his chest pressed to mine. “Alex, please…stop! Y-you’re drunk!” I yelled out turning away from his face. His alocohal wet lips kissed my cheek  as my eyes shut tightly, hiding away from him.

“You smell so good…” he said, taking a big whiff. I gained the courage to look back at him and felt my eyes beginning to water. The hidden terror in his eyes could be seen, he took another sip of the beer bottle in his hand.

“Alex…” I whispered, hoping to get through to him. “Stop…” I said. Instead his other hand rushed to my other shoulder pinning back to the original position we were in. I screeched a little while his friends watched in awe.

A strand of hair fell before my eyes, he brushed it out of the way gently, “Why don’t you love me, melody? Don’t I do so much for you?” his drunken words were spoken as he continued to keep me pinned. My heart was racing, I’ve never been so scared before. I watched his adam’s apple drop up and down. As he gulped he leaned forward, nearer and nearer to my face, I knew what he was doing and before he could reach his intentions.

 My hand blocked his attempt away from my face, smacking him away, nearly causing him to topple backwards. “Aagh!” he screamed out rubbing the side of the reddened cheek. His tall, 5’9 figure stood over my 5’0 figure.

“You little bitch—“ he said, rushing over to me, his back hunched over to nearly meet eye to eye with me. He pinned me back to the warm wall,  his hand clenching against my throat. His forehead shined in the light with the stressed sweat falling down the sides of his face. “You wanna be rough, Melody? I can be rough too!” He yelled out, slapping me the way I did to him. I screeched and cried and when I’d attempt to rub my cheek, he’d only back it down and away from my attempt. He slapped continuously and each blow was harder and harder.

He released me from my stance and I fell to the floor, he pulled my hair and dragged me, pushing me to the floor. “You wanna play dirty? Huh? You fucking slut?!” He grabbed a fist full of my hair and forced me to look up at him as he hit me again.

“Alex, stop…” a voice was heard in the background, it wasn’t Alex, but it was his friend Jordan. Through my blurry, watery eyes I watched as Alex smacked his hand out of his way. “Fuck off!” he yelled back at him and bring his attention back to me. I shielded my face as he continued to hit me.

I sobbed under my arms, backing up to the bed that was close by. I screamed out for help but no one heard me over the music downstairs. I took a deep breath and choked up my tears, and in the last resort that I found myself yelling out the words I never thought I’d ever find myself ever speak “HARRY HELP!” I yelled out as loud as possible, through the quivering of my jaw. He kept hitting, and hitting, and hitting, and didn’t stop. When suddenly afar, a burst came through the door and the blows of hits Alex gave to me stopped.

I continued to shield myself, just in case. Bringing my knees to my chest and my arms across. “What are you doing here?!” I heard Alex’s voice spat out. No words from the other member could be heard, I remained hidden under my arms, quivering from fear.

A cracking of bones was heard and a screech of one of the boys could be heard. One by one, I could hear the tumble of the boys bodies fall to the floor. The sound of pain was familiar in my ears now. Then suddenly…silence…

Nothing but the music and a faint sound of harsh breathing coming from this room. I found my courage to look up, past my arms slowly. And there, standing face to face, the drunken Alex and... Harry?

I raised my eyebrows, did he hear me? Alex scoffed and wobbled forward pointing to Harry, “You here to rescue her?” he murmured pointing toward me. He laughed, taking a drink of his beer and walking over to me. I backed up as far as I could to the head board of the bed as Alex leaned down and touched my hair.

“She’s my bitch.” He said laughing. I watched as Harry’s mouth fell agape. His long legs rushed over to Alex and in no time, he lifted Alex by the T-shirt, giving a right hook across his face. Alex toppled over to the floor, slamming against the hard wooden board, the same way some of his other friends laid around. Harry hovered above him, as Alex scrambled to stand up. Harry towered over him, grabbing hold of the collar of his shirt again, “You listen to me, and you listen well…” He said to Alex. Alex remained silent.

“Touch her again, and I’ll end you…” Harry said with conviction.

“From now on, you will never touch her, nor see her again. Because she’s NOT your girl…” he says, turning around to face me for the last few words. “She’s mine…” he said finally, locking his eyes with mine for a brief second before snapping back to the weakling before him. He stood tall above him, bringing his fist back as far as he could and swung his fist across Alex’s face, knocking him out.

I took a final look around the room through the blurriness of my eyes, and saw the amount of damage harry caused in the little time that he had. It was scary yet amazing the things he could do. He turned around and headed over to me, lifting me up off the ground. His hands gently lay on my shoulders. He searched for my eyes, “are you okay?” he said brushing the hair out of my face. I nodded through the pain.

His eyebrows frowned and his mouth fell agape, he looked so scared. He put his hand in mine as he spun around and crouched over. “Get on my back, we have to get you cleaned up, let’s go home.” He said. “Wait,” he interrupted my attempt to go up. He undid his jacket and spun around to put it around me. “Ok, now let’s go…” I did as he said and wrapped my arms around his neck the best I could without feeling the pain.

We left as discretely as we could but I could tell the eyes that were looking at us. With all the shock and all the energy that just happened, I was so tired and felt my eyes droop away, and soon, my eyes were blackened and I drifted away. Small visions of events happened between the heavy blinking of my eyes. I watched as Harry put me into his car, I watched as he drived  and as he whispered faintly, “stay with me, melody.” But that’s it…that’s all I remembered before knocking out and falling into

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...
234K 10.3K 35
"I love you more than anything." Mad at you; book 2.
337K 8.9K 37
(SEQUEL TO HATING GRAYSON) In the second instalment of The Hating Series, Dallas and Grayson's love story continues as they both start off at college.
53K 2.2K 19
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆