The Fallen Angel And The Demo...

Galing kay Miss_Headache

The swordman didn't know what he was missing, until he met her. It all began innocently enough, neither of th... Higit pa

Chapter 1: The Forsaken
Chapter 2: Thunderstorm
Chapter 3: Arrivals and Departures
Chapter 4: Mutual Rescue
Chapter 5: Emerald Butterflies
Chapter 6: Cloudburst
Chapter 7: Absolution
Chapter 8: The Interlocking
Chapter 9: Revenge and Redemption
Chapter 10: Pieces Fall into Place
Chapter 11: Bitter Celebrations
Chapter 12: New Beginnings
Chapter 13: Untying Knots
Chapter 14: Life's Short
Chapter 15: Open Book
Chapter 16: Family Matters
Chapter 17: Day Off
Chapter 18: First Date
Chapter 20: Trouble Calls
Chapter 21: Parting Gifts
Chapter 22: Mission Failed
Chapter 24: Sneak Peak
Chapter 25: Corporate Curtain Falls

Chapter 23: Worst Case Scenario

448 15 1
Galing kay Miss_Headache

Why did it have to be this way?

The sun is already coming up from its usual hiding spot, uncaring if the world has a problem with his annoying routine. Wouldn't it be great if he decided to take a day off? Maybe a weekend? He could go and have a pina colada in a sunnier galaxy or whatever celestial bodies enjoy doing these days. But no, he had to come up again. Diligent as ever, that fucker.

The salty taste in my mouth is probably from my own tears, not from the sea. I lean against the railing, considering, not for the first time today, if I could avoid the upcoming disaster altogether by jumping and seeing how far I can get before getting eaten by a sea king. Probably not too far.

Just joking, Saphir. Jeez.

She never really understood sarcasm. And she would for sure not believe me if I explained it to her. Though I'm certain she would say something nice and comforting if she were here right now. Well, maybe not particularly nice, but she would have told me to toughen up and get over with this, and that's all I need.

If I had the courage, I would've left the Sunny before sunrise. But, alas, I'm weak. Besides, I just can't disappear after last night. It wouldn't be fair to Zoro.

One last day. That's all I can haggle. I'll be gone at midnight, escorted by a small marine ship under the night veil, courtesy of my beloathed brother. It almost feels like a death sentence, but with table manners.

Heated stomping directs my attention to the entrance behind me, and I rush to the side of the door, hoping whoever it is will go back to bed. It's too early for being that agitated, and I thought I still had an hour or so before anyone woke up.

However...

I swear my heart just stopped: it's Zoro. The footsteps could only be his.

And as if on cue, the swordsman dashed to deck, shouting my name.

"Shut it!" I whisper-shout, putting a hand over his mouth and tugging his arm to my side, "Do you want to wake everyone up?"

Zoro's eyes widened for a second, before relaxing, "Fuck you. I thought you had left."

"Not yet," I mumble.

To my misfortune, Zoro turns to face me completely, "What?"

"I'm not leaving yet, I have until midnight," I say, still with a hand caressing his face. He stares at me, disbelief radiating off of him, but he doesn't move away.

"What the hell is going on?" He demands, his tone matching mine this time, but angrier.

I wish I could just hug him and reassure him that everything will be okay, that nothing is changing. But that would be a lie, and it would only harm him more.

"You know, your voice has always been one of my favourite things, even when you are mad at me." I can only promise him my undying devotion, that much will never change.

"This shit is Deliops' doing, isn't it?"

"That doesn't matter now," I caress his cheek, feeling the tingling of his earrings. He usually leans on my touch, but this time it's different.

Zoro takes me by the wrist. "You are going back to your family? To that idiot brother you got? The one who was going to kill you if I hadn't interfered?"

Yeah, don't remind me. "It's... complicated."

"Whatever he has against you, we can fight him," he keeps on pushing.

Always. No matter what, Zoro never gives his back to his friends. To me. I love that about him, I love him. That's why I can't get cold feet about this.

"I'll miss you every single minute of my life, you know that," with a smile, or what I can pass as one, I plead with him, "Right?"

"Stop it. You are not leaving." He spats, "Tell me what he has against you."

"I love you."

Growing agitated, Zoro doesn't seem to be registering any of my words. He's evidently desperate, and I understand why. I myself I'm still getting my head around the idea.

"Can't you take this seriously?" He grabs me harsher, shaking me slightly.

"Zoro, I have my reasons, and also reasons to keep those to myself. I know I always seem to be keeping secrets, and I'm sorry about that. I'm really am. But this time there is more in play than my life. You have to trust me, please."

He takes a minute to analyse what I've said, "Are you planning to come back later, then?"

"I'll try, but I wouldn't bet on being successful."

"That's not an answer."

I shrug. Better to be clear about this. The last thing I want is to feed unrealistic illusions, "It's all I can give you, sorry."

At that, we both look at the door. Footsteps signal the cook already preparing the kitchen for breakfast. Surely the others will arrive in short.

"Please, don't say anything about this." I beg Zoro in a whisper, "Please."

"And why the hell would I not?" He's pulls away from me. After a moment, he changes directions. Instead of barging in the kitchen, he heads to the crow's nest.

"Where are you going?" I follow him.

"I'm clearly not changing your mind," he speaks in his cruellest voice, without turning to see me, "so, leave me alone."

The day passed in a flash after that. I didn't see Zoro climb down in all day, and I could not get myself to meet him. He needed time, and I just hoped he would appear one last time before midnight. But it had to be his decision.

With that though on the back of my head, I made an effort to appreciate each detail, each interaction with my friends, the way the breeze kissed my skin, the gradual, yet persistent degrading of the blue sky to oranges, and then pink.

After enjoying my last sunset on the Sunny, and my last meal with my friends, I went to pack some of my clothes while everyone had already gone to sleep.

There is not much to pack, really. Most of my clothes are Nami's. I just put my toothbrush and some sketches I had of the crew. While I was folding one of my only shirts, I heard a knock on the door.

Hiding the bag under the sheets, I answer, "Yes? Come in."

The door opens, and his footsteps already cause me to relax. He came.

He sits on the side of the couch, silent for a moment.

"What if I go with you," his voice far more placated than before, quiet, nervous. He must've been thinking about this since this morning.

And to think he arrived at this conclusion makes my heart shrink.

"Don't even joke about that, Zoro." I hesitantly grab his hand, and he intertwines his fingers with mine, finally giving me the closeness I've been craving all day. "This is your place, and you know that. I was never meant to stay for long, I guess. Too much baggage for the Sunny."

"You are not giving me many options," he mutters.

"I know." I sigh, "I wish things were different."

The room observes us sit on the couch, looking at the floor, holding hands. We are in the same page, and that page is resignation.

After a while, he breaks the silence, "I love you too." A whisper filled with vulnerability.

"Uh?"

"I didn't say it back before."

"Yeah, that hurt a bit," I chuckle.

"Well, it's not my fault that your timing is shit," he half smiles, which brings new air to the atmosphere.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I lean to him, letting him embrace me from behind, "I love you, though."

"I love you," he kisses my head, "That's why I can't lose you," he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

I turn around in his embrace, my eyes meeting his intense gaze, "I'll never stop loving you, just, from a far." I try to comfort him, and myself, "I'll read the news, collect your bounties, and see you grow into the best swordsman in the world. That's all I want for you. It's fine."

"That's not what I want."

Part of me longs to give in, to embrace the possibility of a life intertwined with Zoro's.

"I know. But that's what we have."

The room is hushed, the air heavy with unspoken emotions. Our eyes meet, carrying the weight of our farewell. I lean in, closing the distance between us. The kiss is slow, tender, and filled with a depth of feeling that words cannot convey.

Our lips touch, and a surge of bittersweet sensation courses through me. It's a kiss of sorrow, as if we're tasting the impending loss that hangs over us. Every movement of our lips is imbued with a sense of finality, as if we're trying to capture and preserve the essence of our love in this one fleeting moment.

A mix of emotions swirls within me - sadness, uncertainty, but also a glimmer of hope. I've accepted my fate. It's okay. I can live with whatever happens to me if it means giving Zoro an opportunity to reach his dreams, to live happily.

We hold each other tightly, finding solace in each other's presence. The weight of my decision hangs heavy in the air, but there's a sense of unity and understanding between us, and that all I could ask for my final moments with him.

As the clock ticks closer to midnight, we remain locked in an embrace, cherishing our final moments together on the Sunny.

When the time comes, I have to use all my will to untangle from his embrace, tears flowing now with no restraints. Zoro doesn't let go at first, but then complies.

I take my bag and head to the door, "Take care, Zoro."

------

On the other side of the door, I take a deep breath and try and calm myself.

Trying not to think about my heart shreading with each step I take, I walk towards the point agreed, the back of the Sunny, and sure enough the little ugly ship of the marines is waiting for me not too far. I can see it even with the night sky. I wait to see if they were going to get closer, but it seems I'll have to get to them. They seem to be wary of getting closer. Fucking cowards.

I truly didn't want this, but something tells me there is no other way. I pull my hair in a ponytail, secure my bag and jump in the icy water, immediately regretting the decision.

As I draw closer, the lights of the marine ship illuminate the surrounding darkness, casting an ominous glow on the water's surface. With every stroke, the realization sinks in-This is it. This is the beginning of a totally new, and dreadful existence. But I don't feel this idea as constricting as before.

Finally, I reach the side of the ship, my limbs heavy and aching from the exertion. My trembling hands find purchase on the metal surface as I struggle to pull myself out of the water. The marines on deck watch me with guarded eyes, their expressions a mix of curiosity and suspicion until they recognise me.

"Oh, Miss Iris. Just in time. Master Deliops will be delighted to see you." A petit man in uniform comes to greet me, "Please, let me guide you to your chambers so you can change into something warmer."

"Don't touch me." I spat. Who the fuck's idea was to stay so far from the ship? "Weren't you supposed to fetch me?"

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry about the confusion, Miss Iris. It was a direct order from Master Deliops. It was a security measure, of course. He assured us you had a means of transportations. Though he never said you were...well, swimming here."

That little shit.

I was about to speak my mind, when I sneezed, suddenly realising my whole body is trembling in the cold night, "A towel, please."

I stand tall, water dripping from my clothes, my heart pounding in my chest. The captain, who seems amused by my drenched figure, nods at me, and orders someone else to bring me a towel, inviting me inside the ship.

As I step onto the marine ship, I can't help but steal one last glance back at the receding figure of the Sunny.

"Captain!" An alarmed marine screams from somewhere on deck.

"I ordered silence! We are in the enemy's territory!"

"But, Captain!"

"What?"

The irascible attitude of the man puffed away the second he peaked through the door to the deck again. I could not see what was happening, but his colour going three tones paler picked my interest.

I can barely distinguish the deck from the ocean, given the dark, moonless night. However, I can make out a circle of trembling marines pointing towards the railing, the same place I had climbed just minutes ago. It seems something has followed us.

What the hell is going on now.

"On guard. Don't shoot yet," the captain announces, loud like an order, but somehow almost a whisper.

Everyone's eyes on the ship are fixed on the darkness, expectant.

Suddenly, an arm shoots out of the darkness and firmly grips the wood. The clinking of weapons clumsily aim towards it.

In seconds, another arm joins the first, and together they manage to lift their owner onto the deck.

As soon as I hear the abrupt clinking of swords, or rather, three katanas against the metallic floor, I lose sensation in my legs.

Completely soaked, from his charges to the black jacket he wears, the swordsman has climbed completely onto the ship, his swords lying in front of him on the floor. He is kneeling, looking down. In the cold of the night, an activity like swimming on the icy sea can lead to hypothermia in a few minutes and takes a toll on the body. I am on the verge of fainting already. Though the view in front of me may push me over the edge.

Without a word, Zoro simply raises both arms in a sign of surrender. Apart from his elaborate breathing, he shows no signs of exhaustion.

"He's the right-hand man of the Straw Hat captain! Pirate Hunter, Roronoa Zoro!"

"It's an ambush, it must be!" Exclaims one of the soldiers.

I hear one lament, "It was obvious it was a trap."

"Do you know how much we would get paid for his capture?" Another rubs his hands together to my right.

In spite of the screams and murmurs, my brain cannot process what is happening. This cannot be happening. It's simply not happening. Zoro isn't here. No. I left him in the study, we said our goodbyes. He must be drinking some cheap booze in the crow's nest or already unconscious. This is not part of the plan. No.

"Silence!" the captain orders. Addressing the swordsman -Not Zoro, another swordsman- he says, "What are your intentions, pirate?"

"To surrender," the green haired man said, as if stating the obvious, "Isn't that what putting your hands up is for?"

"Forgive me if I'm somewhat sceptical..." the other replied, a hand on his chin, seemingly pondering the matter. After a moment, he said, "there's an easy way to prove if you're telling the truth, of course."

Without warning, the man threw a right hook that sent the swordsman flying from his spot, almost back into the ocean.

"What are you doing!" I shouted, lunging at the captain, but only managing to touch his shoulder before he moved away, and the momentum made me fall to my knees. "He didn't attack you!"

"Sh- Woman, be quiet. You may be the guest of honour, but this is an official matter."

Someone stood beside me, a hand keeping me in place by the shoulder.

"If all marine captains hit like this, I see why they're the world's biggest joke," Zoro said, completely ignoring me or his situation, blood trickling from his lip.

Another soldier approached the captain with a paper and placed it in front of the swordsman: One of Zoro's bounties. The captain laughed sardonically, "It seems we've captured a big fish! You are really this Pirate Hunter guy, aren't you?"

"Captured sounds like you've made an effort for it," Zoro laughed, kneeling back to where he was before.

The captain also laughed with him. A dangerous, cutting laughter. His subordinates laughed as well, though if out of true amusement or just agreement its uncertain. Pleased, the beast punched Zoro again. "Filthy pirate," he muttered.

For fuck's sake. This cannot be happening. What does he think he's doing?

Normally, I know Zoro can take a beating as if it were a pinch. But this is too much. He's still injured from Thriller Bark, even if he doesn't show it.

Before the next blow connects with Zoro -Yes, it's Zoro. Dammit- I manage to break free from the marine's grip and stand in front of the swordsman, shielding him.

The foot makes contact with my ribs instead, and the pain takes my breath away for a moment. I can't focus my sight on anything other than Zoro's serious gaze, devoid of any mockery now, in front of me.

Of course it's him. Who else would do something so stupid after I specifically asked him not to? I can't control the tears running down my face as I see him. I want to yell at him that he's an idiot and hug him.

"What the hell...?" The captain breaks the silence. "Someone take the young lady to her room." He shouts at the soldiers, already dragging me towards the hallway, "And get her some ice! I'll be damned our pay is cut just because she's a little banged up."

"He said he surrendered! Leave him! Zoro!" The marines kept dragging me to the hall, and no attempt to get them off me was successful. All I could do was scream at the top of my lungs as I saw Zoro getting smaller and smaller, being beaten by several marines at once.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again!

Great news: Got a job! Now I can relax and I'll try to give more time to writing. I swear this story is taking sooo long. But, anyway, it's the journey that counts. Quite literally, in my case.

If anyone wants to move abroad by themselves, I've tips. Which have probably 0 value, but still. I'm actually thinking about doing a mini blog or something about that, just because it's easier than creating stories, I guess.

Anyway, let's see what happens next. I'm actually desperate for suggestions, even though I already have an idea. So, if you feel like it, please tell me what you think will happen next here.

Until next time <3

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

489K 16.8K 25
Being blind, [Y/N] relies on her ears, Haki, and instincts. Her gut has always led her on the right path. But sometimes, her heart says otherwise. -•...
42.2K 1.5K 30
The renowned bounty hunter Driscolgrov Juniper lived a life of luxury. The luxury of picking her prey; the luxury of going home with a fat stack of c...
57.4K 1.5K 13
━━━━━━ ❝𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖!❞ (𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏) 𝐬𝟏- ❝𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧.❞ 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘺. 𝘋 𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺 𝘹 𝘯𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳
8.7K 404 25
(Requested by My sister) This is my first Ever One Piece Fanfiction! ~~ While chillin' on the seas, the straw hats spotted a small boat floating arou...