VIGILANTE SHIT ━━━━ bbc merlin

Von prentixss

VIGILANTE SHIT- ❝ revenge is a good look on you ❞ IN WHICH, two sorcerers in camelot are both destined to tak... Mehr

VIGILANTE SHIT
━━━━graphics
━━━━act one
two. their destiny
three. little yellow man
four. destiny has awaken
five. the deathly illness
six. our secret
seven. the poisoned chalice
eight. wake up you dickhead
nine. lancelot
ten. the griffin
eleven. a remedy to cure all ills
twelve. goodbye, gaius
thirteen. sophia
fourteen. the gates of avalon

one. merlin

731 27 15
Von prentixss

001.    merlin

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

MERLIN APPROACHED THE CITY OF CAMELOT with a bright grin on his face. For he would begin his life here. He walked past carts and stalls on his way to his destination. He entered the guarded gates as a crowd had now formed in the center of the courtyard.

From above, a young girl watched from the window. And from her view, another girl, from bellow, had the same expression on her face. Truly, Theodora was disgusted in the King's action's towards magic and sorcerers. She looked up at Morgana, giving her a small smile as she knew that the executions get to her.

The guards had brought a man out from the dungeons.

"Let this serve as a lesson to all," The voice of Uther Pendragon, King of Camelot, stood tall up front on the balcony. "This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic."

Merlin held in his breathe. He knew about the laws against magic in Camelot. And he wasn't very keen on that part of Camelot as any mistake he makes, he'll be in Thomas's shoes next.

Meanwhile, from the side, Theodora sighed. She had lived in Camelot for two years but that still didn't help the fact that she could be up there next. But for now, Thomas was and, once again, Uther will take pride in it.

"And pursuant of the laws of Camelot ,I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just King."

A loud scoff was heard. Merlin turned his head, to see a light-brunette girl leaning against one of the walls. He looked at her for a while, thinking that he knew her, but once stopped when she looked back at him, tilting her head slightly.

Teddy could sniff a sorcerer from a mile away and when she locked eyes with some boy, she knew it was him. The fear in his eyes had said it all.

"But for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass."

The crowd looked at the man, watching the guards force him down on his knees. The Executioner walked quickly, raising his axe, waiting for the King's orders.

Teddy looked up at Lady Morgana, the girl gestured her to look away, as Teddy turned back around to see Uther raise his hand and bring it down, in sync with the axe.

Uther nodded. "When I came to this land. This Kingdom was mired in chaos but with the people's help, magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate 20 years since the Great Dragon was captured, and Camelot was freed from the evil of sorcery."

He raised his arms, expecting cheering, but none came. "Let the celebrations begin."

Teddy rolled her eyes. "I'll celebrate when you die." She muttered to herself before beginning to walk back to her chambers when a wail echoed of the walls.

The light-brunette whipped her head back around, to see a woman, glaring daggers at King Uther. But Teddy had enough of today already so she walked back to go help Gaius.

Meanwhile, Merlin was trying to figure out his way to find Gaius. He walked up to two guards with a smile. "Where would I find Gaius the Court Physician?"

The guard pointed behind him to a door with a set of stairs. "There."

Merlin nodded before walking through the door and finding his way to Gaius' chambers.

When he finally reached his destination, he gave a small knock on the door before he stuck his head around.

Teddy, who was clearly distraught, turned to face the door, just to see that scared boy from the courtyard. She chuckled slightly as he walked in, coming opposite her.

He held his hand out. "Um, hello, I'm Merlin."

The girl smiled, shaking his hand. "Theodora but most people call me Teddy."

"Um, I'm here to see Gaius?"

Teddy held her finger up at him as she turned around, facing upwards. "Gaius! Some kid wants you!"

The old man glanced back, leaning too far, causing him to fall backwards. Before Teddy could even do something, Gaius slowed. But in reality he wasn't slowing? She looked at Merlin to see his eyes were a shade of gold as he looked over at the Physician's bed.

She was right. The boy had magic.

Suddenly, the bed began moving on it's own towards were Gaius was to land. And the old man did land with a loud thud onto his bed.

Merlin smiled, proud of himself before he remembered that the girl was besides him. He quickly glanced at her, fearing her reaction. But instead of fear, her face appeared to be calm and relaxed.

Gaius struggled to get up. "What did you just do?" He asked, finally rising from the bed.

Merlin could barely utter a word before Gaius got closer to the young boy. "Tell me."

Teddy stepped in front of the two men, before looking at the two. "Isn't it obvious, Gaius?"

Merlin physically relaxed when the girl slotted herself in between them. But that didn't last long as Gaius nudged Teddy out of the way.

Gaius looked at Merlin before looking from the bed to the perch were he fell from. "If anyone had seen that-"

"Oh, no, that-that was nothing to do with me." Merlin denied.

"I know what it was," Gaius stated. "And I know it wasn't her," He pointed at the girl, who gave the old man a 'what the fuck' look as he just revealed that she had magic. "I just wanted to know where you learned how to do it."

Merlin began to stutter even more. "No, I..."

"So, how is it you know magic?" Gaius repeated his question.

"I don't!"

Theodora perked her brow at him, wondering why he was lying. The two weren't dumb and Merlin was quite bad at playing dumb himself.

"Where did you study?" He then asked but Merlin stayed silent. "Answer me!" The old man demanded.

"I-I've never studied magic or been taught."

Hearing those words, Teddy's face scrunched up in confusion. Was he like her?

Gaius stepped forwards, trying to be more intimidating. "Are you lying to me, boy?"

Teddy turned her head to Gaius, folding her arms. "What do you want him to say? Let me rephrase that. What did I say?"

Gaius knew exactly what the young girl was talking about. The day when the two had met, Teddy used her magic to help a small boy from getting trapped by a boulder and Gaius saw. But with the memory in mind, he chose to ignore it.

"This is different, Theodora," He sternly stated. "I simply want the truth."

"I was born like this."

The old Physician and the girl looked at one another, thinking the exact same thing. Teddy and Merlin were alike.

"That's impossible," Gaius denied him, before confusion came across him. "Who are you?"

Merlin took of his pack, taking a letter of of his bag and giving it to Gaius. "I have this letter."

As Gaius took the letter, a puzzled look came across his face. "I don't have my glasses."

Merlin smiled brightly. "I'm Merlin."

Gaius' face lit up when he remembered the name. "Hunith's son."

"Yes."

"But you're not meant to be here till Wednesday."

Teddy sighed, as she just reminded the old man this morning of the day. "Gaius, it is Wednesday! I told you this morning!"

Gaius looked down at his annoyed apprentice, then opened his mouth in realization. "So it is."

"Might want to listen to your wise friend for once." Teddy spoke to him with an cocky grin, slightly chuckling at Gaius' unamused face.

Gaius waved her off with his hand. "Wise? I think you would find that I'm the wise one here, Teddy."

Merlin watched the two, amused. He could tell already that Teddy was opinionated and freely expressed that. Merlin like that. He was excited about making a friend like her.

"You'd better put your stuff in there." Gaius pointed over to a seat of stairs, leading off to two rooms, but Gaius pointed to the left one.

Merlin nodded. He began to walk over but turned back to them. "You won't say anything about-" He motioned to the bed and the railing.

Teddy and Gaius looked at one another, while Gaius had a look of confusion, Teddy couldn't believe what she was hearing. She actually thought he was joking and maybe he was? She wasn't entirely sure.

Teddy whispered to the old man, but it was still loud enough for Merlin to hear. "Is he being serious? Or does he want his head off and eaten by Uther?"

Gaius shrugged as he turned back to Merlin. "No, we won't."

Merlin nodded, before turning back around to go get settled into his room.

"Although, Merlin..." Gaius stopped him. "I suppose I should say 'thank you.'"

Merlin smiled and went off to his room. Teddy watched him as he closed his door, and the girl was curious of the new boy. He seemed... strange but the good kind of strange.

"What an odd young man." She stated.

"Indeed."

"MERLIN. MERLIN?"

The young sorcerer opened his eyes, the light shining into his room. He looked around, bewildered by the voice that called his name.

It wasn't Gaius calling him, it wasn't stern. But nor was it Teddy, as it wasn't laced with sarcasm. As those were the only two people's voices in Camelot he knew, the voice that called him didn't match either one of them.

After a while, Merlin finally rose out of bed and looked out of the window. He wasn't quite used to the view of Camelot from his window yet as every time he looked it was magnificent.

Merlin walked down the steps from his room, putting on his jacket as he saw the old Physician, Gaius. The old man was making breakfast but as for Teddy, she was nowhere to be seen.

"I got you water," Gaius said to the boy, placing the bowl onto the table. "You didn't wash last night."

"Sorry." Merlin replied.

Gaius sighed as he looked at the room besides Merlin's, he guessed it was Teddy's, as the old man turned to the young warlock. "Could you go and wake Teddy up? Otherwise she'll sleep through the day again."

Merlin nodded and began his way over to the right door. He knocked slightly, before waiting a moment for her to let him in but that didn't happen. He knocked again, this time louder, but still no answer.

Taking a deep breath in he decided to walk into the brunette's room. Opening the door, he was met with a sleeping Teddy, still in bed.

Merlin waddled over to her bed. "Teddy?"

When there was still no reply he decided to go right up to her, screaming down her ear. "Theodora! Wake up!"

Teddy jolted up, her eyes turning red, as she used her magic to pin Merlin against her wall. She hadn't noticed that she had done that until she heard a small yelp coming from besides her. She turned her head to see Merlin, pinned to the wall with a look of worry.

"Shit," She muttered as her eyes turned back to green, releasing Merlin from the wall. "Sorry, Merlin. Just don't scream down my ear next time."

Merlin, who was in utter shock, could barely speak a word to the girl. "I-I it's fine."

Teddy nodded before grabbing the warlock by his wrists and dragging him out of the room so she could change. "Thanks for waking me up... and sorry, again."

And with that, she slammed the door in his face, leaving Merlin to walk back to Gaius alone.

"Let me guess," Gaius started. "She used her magic on you."

All Merlin could do was nod as Gaius let out a small chuckle. "Help yourself to breakfast."

He motioned to the bowl he placed on the table. Merlin sat down, staring at the light brown stew. But after a moment, he finally began to eat it.

Meanwhile, Gaius shuffled over to the bucket of water, quickly knocking it off the table as Merlin was focused on his breakfast. Merlin quickly turned his head and his eyes turned gold and the water bucket slowed in mid-air.

Funny enough, that's when Teddy walked out of her room. She blinked as she saw the water floating in the air before it bucket fell to the ground, splattering the water everywhere.

Gaius looked at Merlin as his gaze was still on the floor. "How did you do that?"

"Did you incant a spell in your mind?"

Merlin shook his head. "I don't know any spells."

Teddy walked over to the two, standing by Merlin, placing her hand on his shoulder. "I don't think Merlin, here, reads spells in his free time. I mean be realistic, Gaius."

Gaius hummed in agreement. "So what did you do?"

Merlin shrugged. "It just happens."

Gaius looked down at the puddle as Merlin hurried over to go grab the mop and began to clean it up. "Well, we'd better keep you out of trouble. I've already got enough of that from this one." He glanced up at Teddy as she dramatically gasped.

"I am an angel, old man, I'm Godsent." She smiled, making Merlin chuckled.

Gaius simply shook his head as he handed two vials over to Merlin and Teddy. "You can help Teddy with her delivers today. Hollyhock and Feverfew for Lady Percival. And this is for Sir Olwen. He's as blind as a weevil so remind him not to take it all at once."

"And here," Gaius leant over the table and passed Teddy and Merlin half a sandwich each. "Off you go."

Teddy lead Merlin over to the door but before they could leave, the Physician called out to them. "And I hardly need to tell you both that any form of enchantment will get you killed."

They both nodded at the old man as Merlin opened the door for them, Teddy taking the lead. They walked down the stairs as Teddy ran her fingers threw her hair, making Merlin smile slightly. He chuckled as the light-brunette turned to him with a tilt of her head. "What now?"

Merlin shook his head. "Nothing... you're just not what I'd expected when I first met you."

Teddy raised her eyebrow, as they walked down the corridor. "What? I'm not a dainty princess that loves pink and rainbows? Because there's nothing wrong with that."

Merlin shrugged. "You're just... very different."

"In a good way, right?"

"Yes, in a good way."

MERLIN TRAILED BEHIND THE YOUNG GIRL as they walked through the courtyard. He admired the city, taking in all of his surroundings.

"First time away from home?" Teddy asked the boy, who jogged up besides her.

Merlin nodded. "Yeah, I'm from Ealdor."

Teddy hummed as she looked at him to continue.

"I lived with my mum." He stated, an sadness in his eyes as he spoke those words.

Teddy smiled softly, catching his eyes. "You miss her?"

Merlin nodded. "A lot."

She smiled, knowing the pain it was being away from your mother. "I understand the feeling." She tried to comfort him as she rolled one of her rings.

Merlin noticed the small habit as he couldn't help but he curious. "Where is she now?"

Teddy shook her head, casting her eyes down to the ground. "She died."

Merlin was now regretting asking that question as it seemed to make the girl uncomfortable but his curiosity got the best of him. "May I asked how she died?"

Teddy took at small breath. "She died from a plague than ran through my village," She chuckled slightly. "She was the only one who cared for me," She turned to look at Merlin with a smile. "So I get why you miss her."

Merlin smiled as the two stopped in front of a flower stall. Merlin was confused as to why they were there but he had already asked to many questions, so it wouldn't hurt to ask another. "Why are we here?"

Teddy turned to the warlock. "To get flowers, silly."

Merlin mentally slapped himself as he rephrased the question. "Who are you getting flowers for?"

"Morgana."

Merlin raised his brows. He had heard of the Lady Morgana as she was the King's Ward but he had no idea that the two were friends. I mean, Teddy was an apprentice and a sorcerer and Lady Morgana was practically a princess.

Teddy wondered where Marie was, as she was not at the stall, so she called out for her. "Marie! It's Teddy!"

An old grey-haired woman popped out from behind the curtain, smiling at the sight of Teddy. "Oh, Theodora! What can I do for you today?"

Teddy flashed a grin. "I've told you so many times to call me Teddy. No need to be so formal, Marie."

The old woman sighed, shaking her head. "Since you asked so nicely, Teddy. What can I do for you and this handsome young man?"

Merlin dropped his face to the floor in embarrassment as he hear the girl beside him chuckle.

"The regular, please." She stated as she leant against Merlin's shoulder.

Marie nodded as she picked out the lavender colour flowers from the side of the shop. "One day I'll find out who these flowers are for." She smiled, as Teddy handed her the money.

Teddy shook her head, the flowers in her hands. "Maybe one day, Marie."

Marie chuckled then looked over to Merlin, who was awkwardly stood by Teddy as she was still leant on him. "And you are?" She asked.

"M-Merlin."

She took her hand out for him to shake it. "Pleasure to meet you, Merlin."

"Pleasures all mine." A sudden rush of confident came over him as she shook Marie's hand.

Teddy fake gagged from besides him, earning a stern look from the old lady. "I'll see you later, Merlin."

MORGANA PENDRAGON SAT AT HER VANITY in silence, combing through her hair. The Ward hated executions. She didn't see how Uther could celebrate after taking a poor man's life but Uther hated people who practised magic. On the other hand, Morgana couldn't see the issue.

A knock on her door made her come back to reality. She turned around before she called out. "Yes? Who is it?"

Teddy stuck her head through the door. "Your favourite person."

Morgana smiled brightly, her sadness fading away as she saw Teddy's face. She quickly got up out of her seat to greet her as Teddy walked through the door. "Theo! What are you doing here?"

Teddy walked over to the brunette, taking a seat next to her. "I want to check on you after the execution," She said as she pulled Morgana's favourite flowers out from behind her. "And to give you these."

Morgana chuckled as she gracefully took the flowers from her, slightly grazing Teddy's hand. "Theodora, you shouldn't have!"

Teddy looked into the Ward's eyes as they glimmered in the sun. "Just to add to your collection of the ones you have."

The Ward of Camelot tilted her head, smirking slightly as there was a difference in her Theo. She seemed more relaxed in a way. "What aren't you telling me?"

Teddy furrowed her brows, confused on what Morgana was talking about. "There's nothing to tell."

Morgana shook her head in disagreement. "No. There's something different about you today."

Now, Teddy was even more confused than before. What was different? Absolutely nothing. But then it clicked, Merlin. Merlin had been a pain in her ass but she felt a bond with him. A bond that she felt like somebody understood her for the way she was.

"See," Morgana pointed out. "You just figured it out. So now tell me."

Teddy rolled her eyes. "I have a new roommate, well, Gaius has a new Ward. I met him last night and he's been helping me until he finds a job."

Morgana gasped, a bright smile gracing her face. "You've got a friend!"

She didn't know whether to be offended by those words or not. She had friends. She had Morgana, Gwen, Estella and Gaius. But those were her only friends for... three years. And one of them was an old man.

"Who's got a friend?" A voice was heard from inside Morgana's room. The two looked up to see Gwen standing with a basket in her arms.

"Theo made a friend!" Morgana exclaimed with a huge smile. "The Theodora Robyn Dyer made a new friend!"

Gwen dropped her basket and rushed over to the two girls. Looking at Morgana's proud face, her smile was infectious, causing Teddy to break out a wide smile onto her own face. "Why are we making a big deal over this? I do have friends."

The maid and the ward looked at one another before turning back to Teddy. "Teddy..."

"I have friends!" Teddy exclaimed. "I have you, Morgana, Gaius, Estella... Gwen, Morgana, Estella, Gaius. I have four friends! And one of them is my boss!" She groaned into Morgana's shoulder as she gently patted her on the back.

Morgana giggled at her friends over-dramatics. "And now you have one more to add to that list."

Gwen nodded. "Me, Morgana, Estella, Gaius and..."

"Merlin."

Gwen's eyes widened as she remembered the name. She had just watched Merlin try to argue with Prince Arthur and now he was being thrown into jail.

Gwen's eyes darted around the room until she finally look back at Teddy. "Teddy... Merlin's just been thrown in a cell."

Teddy jolted up after she heard those words. "God, no, Gaius is going to murder me," She muttered before bolting out of the room but not before she hit her head on the door. "Ow! Stupid, stupid doors." She muttered to herself.

"MERLIN."

The voice was back again. Merlin jolted awake, looking down where he was once was as he removed his jacket from his body.

"Merlin."

There it was again. He got up onto his feet moving to the other side of the cell. His eyes never leaving from where he had been sleeping.

"Merlin?"

He then began to walk back to where he had slept and knelt down on the floor, pressing his ear against the stone cold floor.

"Merlin!"

He looked up, smiling as Gaius and Teddy walked into the cell. A small smirk was plastered on Teddy's face as she was slightly proud of the young warlock, as for Gaius he was deeply displeased.

"You never cease to amaze me!" Gaius scolded the young boy. "The one thing that someone like you should do is keep your head down and what do you do? You behave like an idiot."

Merlin nodded. "I'm sorry."

"You're lucky," Gaius said, stepping in front of Merlin. "Teddy's manage to pull a few strings to get you released."

A huge smiled broke out on Merlin's face. "Thank you! Oh, thank you!" He celebrated, stepping forwards and embracing the witch into a tight hug. "I won't forget this."

Teddy smiled, patting his back slightly before pulling him off her. "But..." She looked at Gaius then back to Merlin. "There may be a tiny price to pay."

That bright, joyous smile fell from the warlock's face. Whatever Teddy had gotten him into certainly wouldn't be good, and he knew that.

And he was right.

Merlin's punishment was a day in the stocks. His arms were locked up and children would throw old fruit and vegetables at him for entertainment.

Teddy watched from afar. She was sat on a railing as she saw all of the children having a great time. That was one of the reasons that she got Merlin into the stocks, to see the joy of the children having something to do for the day. Even some of the adults were laughing and pointing at Merlin, making it ten times better.

In the distance, she saw her friend, Guinevere, walk up to Merlin as they began to talk to one another.

Teddy jumped off the railing, sneaking over behind Gwen and placing her hand onto her shoulder, spinning her around. "Boo!"

A small gasp was hear from the handmaiden as she slapped Teddy on the arm. "Theodora Robyn Dyer! Do not scare me like that again!" The maid began to give the young sorceress a earful as Merlin watched the two with a small smile.

Finally, Teddy raised her arms in defeat. "Okay! I'm sorry, Guinevere!"

Gwen sighed, turning back to Merlin to carry on her conversation. "Like I was saying, it's great that you stood up to him."

Merlin tried to bite back his pride. "You think so?"

She nodded. "Yeah, Arthur's a bully and everyone thought you were a real hero."

Merlin couldn't take his eyes at Gwen as she spoke with such delicacy. "Oh, yeah?"

Gwen nodded. "Right Teddy?"

Teddy shrugged, as the children began to come back with more rotten fruit. Merlin forced himself to look away from Gwen to see them all gathering. "Oh, excuse me, Guinevere and Theodora, but my fans are waiting."

Gwen nodded goodbye to them both before dashing in front of Merlin to leave.

Teddy looked down at Merlin with a bright smile. "What?" He asked, as the children were getting ready soon.

"Gwen," She spoke. "She's pretty isn't she?"

Merlin's mouth went dry as he tried to form words but that quickly ended with a rotten tomato getting throw at the centre of his face.

"See you later, Merlin!" She yelled with a small wave as she retreated back to were she originally was sat.

The day had gone by fast, well not for Merlin, but for Teddy and Gaius as the were now all back their chambers. Teddy sat at the dinner table, playing with her magic that came off her fingertips. Meanwhile, Merlin had finally just finished getting cleaned from all the fruit and vegetables from the day.

Gaius sat opposite Teddy as Merlin sat besides the girl, but then the old man looked up and asked in a mocking tone, "Do you want some vegetables with that?"

Teddy was not expecting that from the old physician, as she let out a laugh, loosing focus from the magic. "Good one, Gaius."

Merlin chuckled. "I know you're still angry with me."

"Your Mother asked me to look after you." He replied.

"Yes."

Gaius put his spoon down. "What did your mother tell you about your gifts, Merlin?"

Merlin made a face, rolling his eyes playfully. "Well, that I was special."

"You are special," Gaius immediately replied. "The like of which I've only seen once before." He motioned over to Teddy.

"There has to be others like us," She asked, sharing a look with Merlin. "Right?"

"Well, magic requires incantations, spells. It takes years if study," Gaius explained to the two. "What I have seen the two of you do was elemental, instinctive."

The girl hummed, tuning out of the conversation now as she was deep in her own thoughts. She loved her magic, really, but she always wondered what if she hadn't been born this way? Would she still be with her family? Would she live a normal life? But even if she wasn't born with magic she had a feeling that one day she still would of ended up in Camelot.

In fact, the girl was slightly grateful that her father kicked her out as she never would of met Gwen, Morgana, Estella, Gaius or Merlin. And to her they were like her family.

"Teddy?" Merlin looked at the girl sat besides him. He was slightly concerned as she hadn't spoken a word since.

Merlin looked over at Gaius as Teddy was still in her own world. "Teddy?" Gaius snapped his fingers in front of her face, causing her to blink at look up at the old man.

"Yes?" She asked, looking between the two men.

Gaius opened back his mouth to repeat what he said but he shook it off. "Nevermind, Teddy, Merlin can do it by himself. Can't you, Merlin?"

Merlin understood what Gaius was saying as he nodded, slowly. "Yes, Gaius, I can."

Knotting her brows, Teddy hesitantly nodded, in confusion. "Okay... In that case, I'm quite exhausted. I'm going off to sleep. Goodnight."

And with that, Merlin and Gaius watched the young girl retired to her room, closing the door shut.

"Is she always like that?" Merlin asked, referring to her tiredness.

Gaius nodded. "Yes, I've gave her many drafts but nothing works for her to stay energised for long."

Merlin's gaze didn't leave the girl door as he wondered maybe she was hearing the same voice calling to her in her sleep.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Take 65 Von Dean

Fanfiction

71.7K 2K 21
When Merlin gets injured and falls ill, what will Arthur do? (Morgana is alive, Gwen is with Lancelot, Eventual Pergwaine, Arthur knows about Merlin'...
105K 4.3K 24
Merlin lays his life on the line to save Arthur yet again, only this time there are witnesses, lots of them. Only Arthur prevents him going to the he...
19.7K 399 20
Arthur Pendragon wasn't always a prat, he was a kind, loving, fun Prince, but something happened that changed him into a, what would Merlin call him...
148K 4.4K 81
I will take any suggestions. if you have an au you love please message me and I will gladly write a story for you! Best stats achieved: #1 bbcmerlin...