Bonded (Boy x Boy)

By EmberTheStorian39

For the longest time, the werewolf packs of Nyx Valley and Evergreen Valley had an unadulterated hatred towar... More

Disclaimers
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five

Chapter Four

20 2 2
By EmberTheStorian39

The day that Leo had been dreading had finally arrived,

Things were put in order; the catering, the place, and the dress code. Leo only had half the day of freedom, spending time with his friends, before he was fitted in a tight suit, and drove off in a limbo with his uncle seated beside him. They were heading to the place where the ceremony was being held, while Rose went early with some of the Omegas to get ready. Victor adorned himself in a pristine black suit, his face as deadpan as ever. Meanwhile, Leo traced his eyes over the passing trees, his cheek pressing against the cool glass of the window. His impulsive thoughts urged him to jump out the car and escape this madness.

"I heard you and Julian were getting along."

Leo jerked away from the window, turning to his uncle. He was met with Victor's steel gaze. It took some time before he fully answered. "Um, I suppose."

Victor gave a curt nod, apparently this pleased him. "Good, better to calm the waters now, than much later. You're less likely to cause a fit at your sister's ceremony."

Leo bit back a sharp remark. It didn't matter how much verbal weaponry he had under his belt, it would wash over his uncle's head. It was very rare for a man like Victor to be stirred by insults, especially for someone who lacked any emotion in the first place. Leo never even recalled Victor shedding a tear at his brother and sister-in-law's funeral.

"I'm curious, though," Victor started. "I thought you two hated each other, it came as quite a shock to hear that you two became friends–"

"We're not friends," Leo argued. Realizing his tone came out sharper than intended, he softened. "I mean, sure we're nicer to each other now, but we're nowhere near that close...yet." He added the yet part to assure his uncle, and it felt poisonous on his tongue.

"My apologies, that was what Rose had told me," he said, calmly. "But, you know, it would be beneficial for the family if you two did form a friendship."

Leo rolled his eyes at that statement. "I'll keep that in mind," he sighed.

"Also, it would benefit you too, to have other friends besides your usual lot."

"What's wrong with the friends I have now?"

"Nothing, they're nice and all, just not ideal," Victor shrugged, looking nonchalant.

What part of me is ideal?, Leo thought, grumpily.

He was glad to have the conversation end there, and he continued looking out the window. However, itching curiosity burrowed the back of his head. He wondered if it was the right time to interrogate him. Leo couldn't imagine what Victor and Rose wanted to tell him, but the thought kept him awake at night. If it was something bad, why was he left out on it? How bad could it be, to possibly justify leaving him out? The question clung to him, and he felt his mouth open to ask it...

...But his plans were disrupted, when the driver pulled up beside a building. An old gothic cathedral loomed over him, the sharp silhouette cutting into the purplish hues of dusk. He took in the creepy architect, carved from dark stone, contrasted against colourful stained glass windows depicting a woman draped in silvery silks. Leo was familiar with a place like this; it was where the Priests would go to worship the Moon Goddess. Frankly, Leo had been expecting something much prettier for this special event, but he supposed this castle of death and misery did fit his mood quite well. There were already people there, a mix of Evergreen and Nyx wolves, scrambling over each other wearing posh outfits. Anxiety bubbled in Leo's chest, the thought of being in close proximity with so many Evergreen wolves for hours made him want to stay in the car. But, he knew Victor would have just dragged him out, so he didn't protest as he reluctantly followed his uncle out of the car.

Him and Victor joined the swarm of people, stepping into the entrance. Unlike the outside, the interior was much more welcoming. Satin silver and blue ribbons decorated the main hall, embroidered with images of the full moon. Behind the altar, stood a huge statue of Selene herself. The stone Goddess smiled down at the guests, the crescent moon crown on her head almost glimmered.

"I'm going to check on Rose," Victor said. "Find us a seat, Leo." Then, he walked away.

So, Leo looked for empty seats, and it was like fighting a battle, as he tried to squeeze through the throng of people. As Leo moved carefully past an elderly woman, a hand suddenly gripped his wrist and dragged him out of the hall. Leo didn't have time to register, before he was pulled into what appeared to be a storage closet. He gawked at his surroundings, turning sharply to his captor.

"You!" he yelled at Julian.

The Alpha pressed a finger to his lips. "Sshh."

"What?" Leo whispered, sharply.

"I just wanted to speak with you for a moment," he said.

Leo looked at him curiously. "okay?"

Julian shuffled his feet, "Well, I was going to ask you something..."

He hesitated, and Leo grew annoyed. "Yes, Aether?"

As Leo waited for an answer, he looked Julian up and down. The Alpha was wearing an azure blue suit, and a necklace hung around his neck. A jewel shaped like a half-moon rested on his chest. Rose would have the other half, it was the symbol of their bond.

"It's kinda awkward," Julian said.

"More awkward than you dragging me into a closet like a serial killer?"

"Sorry about that, I wanted us to be alone," he cleared his throat. "I just wanted to say that after the ceremony...I am throwing a party at my place tonight, and I wondered if you wanted to come over."

Silence filled the room, besides from the muffled noises of the crowd outside. All Leo could do was gaze at him, utterly dumbfounded. Something rose in his chest, and a burst of laughter escaped his mouth.

Julian blinked. "What's funny?"

"You," Leo laughed. "Why couldn't you ask me after the ceremony? You missed me that much?"

He scoffed in response. "Well, I had no telling if you would scurry off right after the ceremony."

"Did Rose put you up to this?" Leo questioned.

"Y-yes, she did..."

"Of course," he sighed, not surprised by his sister's tricks. "You sure you want me there? After all, I'm a runt and an Omega, wouldn't that tarnish your reputation with your Alpha friends?"

"I have plenty of Omega friends, too," Julian remarked. "You would know that, if you met them–if you want to come, that is. You can bring your friends along, if you like."

Obviously, Leo would rather get crushed by a tree than waste another second around Evergreen wolves. He wanted to say this to Julian, but one glance at the other's anticipated expression, stopped him.

"I'll think about it," he said, finally. By the Goddess, he was growing soft.

A strange glint appeared in Julian's eyes. "Great. If you do end up coming, please behave."

"No promises, you wouldn't like me after I had my third drink."

"I don't like you now," Julian deadpanned.

Leo laughed again, beginning to grow concerned that it was initiated by Julian of all people. He calmed down a second later. "I have to tell Rose about this once we get back home."

Julian arched a brow. "Home? Rose is heading to Evergreen Valley after the ceremony is done."

"Oh, she's arriving at the party early?"

Julian frowned, and Leo's face creased with confusion. "What's going on?"

The blond was irresolute in return, displaying nervous hand gestures. Leo shot him a searing glare, until he finally complied.

"I thought Rose told you," he said, finally.

"Told me what?"

Julian took a breath, as though to brace himself. "Rose isn't coming back to Nyx Valley, she's moving to Evergreen Valley."

It was like every component in Leo shut down. He stood there, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. He wanted to speak, but his throat could barely release a breath.

"Leo, are you okay?"

Julian's voice was a gentle whisper, but right now it felt like a knife plunging into Leo's skull. Finally, he said in a soft voice. "I need to go."

Before Julian could respond or move, Leo yanked the closet door open and ran out. His mind raced, as his heart thumped loudly in his chest. Rose was moving away? To be with the Evergreen wolves? Was that what she wanted to tell him? He was gonna get to the bottom of this. He stormed across the hall, ignoring the people he had bumped into, he even passed Douglas and Quinn, who had tried to get his attention. Leo entered another part of the building, which seemed empty. After searching through most of it, he spotted Rose exiting what appeared to be a dressing room, wearing an aquamarine dress, crescent shaped crown, and a half-moon necklace. She looked up at him in surprise.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be seated?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Leo interrogated.

"What?" Rose said. 

"You know what! How could you hide this from me?"

"Did...did Victor tell you?"

"No, your boyfriend told me. Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

Rose's eyes widened, and she bowed her head. "I was going to tell you, I swear! I just couldn't find the right time."

"Did Victor force you into this?" Leo demanded.

"No, it was my decision." Rose admitted, finally meeting his eyes.

Leo couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Why would you–"

"This needed to be done, for the sake of our pack."

"I can't believe this..."

"Why are you acting this way?" Rose snapped, eyes blazed with frustration. "You promised you'd be supportive."

Leo gave her a sharp look. "It was one thing when some magical lady in the sky made you do this, but the fact you chose to live with them, knowing what they've done."

"This again? Leo, it wasn't their fault–"

"Rose, they killed our parents!" He shouted, his voice trembled with anger.

Rose tensed at the loud volume, but gave him a hard look. "For the last time, we don't know if they were killed by Evergreen wolves."

Leo's vision fogged, either from rage or tears, he couldn't tell. "Their bodies were found mutilated at the edge of their border, that's evidence enough."

"Enough, Leo!" Rose cried, her eyes misted. "I should've expected this from you, you always live in the past."

"I only live in the past, because I'm the only one who cares enough to remember them, apparently!"

Rose stared at him in shock. "Don't you dare imply that I don't care. They were my parents too!"

"Then, why are you doing this?" He asked. "You can't possibly want this life?"

"This is my choice, Leo!" She screamed. "I want this, I want Julian, and right now, I want you to be gone."

Leo looked at her in dismay, then anger burned in his chest. "Fine," he spat. "Enjoy your life with the Evergreen wolf."

He turned and strode back down the hall. Unfortunately, he was met with the last person he wanted to see at the end of it.

"Leo, what's happening?" Julian asked, in a frenzy. "You ran away so suddenly. Is everything alright?"

Leo looked up at the Alpha, heaving deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself, practically fuming.

"Leo?" Julian leaned closer. "Are you crying...?" He reached towards him.

Leo batted his hand away. "Leave me alone!"

Julian looked as though he had been shot. "What's going on?"

"Don't come near me," Leo snapped. "All you've done is take away the people I love."

"I don't understand."

Leo walked past him. "You don't understand anything."

"Wait! You can't just leave," Julian told him. "The ceremony is about to start, just stay here and calm down."

"Would you just shut up?" Leo said, turning to him with a glare. "You have no right telling what I can and can't do! You're not my Alpha, and you're not my friend."

Tears in his eyes, he stormed out of the cathedral, crossing miles of grass, before fleeing into the forest. He knew he should feel guilty for leaving his sister at her bonding ceremony, but all he felt was frustration and sadness. He dashed past the trees and thickets, until his tired lungs forced him to stop. He decided that he had gone far enough into the woods, and sat on a hollow log on the ground. Leo placed his head in his hands, letting hot tears pour onto his palms. All the anger, sadness, and loneliness that built up across the span of days, had finally spilled over like a flooded dam. The smell of bark and grass failed to soothe his nerves, but he refused to go back to that place, where these awful emotions would continue to fester. At this point, he didn't care that he was going to get a lecture from Victor.

After a while, night began to set in, and Leo watched the brink of the full moon appear. The Goddess was awakening. Pretty soon, Julian and Rose will be officially bonded. And Leo would lose his sister. A cold breeze fluttered against his skin, drying his tears. He hugged his knees to keep warm, refusing to move from that spot. He yearned for comfort, something to loosen the pained ache inside his chest. That was when he felt it.

An ember of warmth, so significant, yet it embraced him with so much love. Confused, Leo placed a hand on his chest, trying to figure out what could've caused such a feeling. Then, he didn't know what possessed him to do it, but he lifted his gaze to the moon. It shone down at him in rays of silvery light, he could have sworn it was smiling down at him. He wasn't an idiot, he knew what this was, and he couldn't believe it. He never cared much for the soulmates thing that his kind so deeply obsessed over, he never found the appeal of it. But now, broken and alone, there was nothing he longed more than running into his mate's embrace. It didn't matter who it was, hell, it could be Douglas and he still wouldn't care. All he cared for is escaping this pit of despair.

By instinct, he followed the trail to his mate, his chest warmed the closer he went. A couple of moments passed, and he was more than surprised when the warmth took him back to the cathedral, the source of his pain. Regardless, desperate Leo slowly stepped inside the building. Everyone was already seated, except for the three people that stood by the altar. Rose and Julian faced each other, pressing their half-moon jewels together to form a perfect full moon. A Priest stood between them, speaking in a low drawl;

"Oh Goddess, hear our call. Complete the bond between these two wolves, so that our packs will finally unite."

Leo scanned the area, feeling the ember within him burn with the heat of an open flame. No matter which head he turned to, none of them seemed to be the one. But then, he finally found him. He finally stared into the eyes of his mate...

...and Julian Aether stared back at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
216K 6.4K 46
"How many times have I told you to stay away from Bella?" "Jacob why are you being difficult?" "I hate you leech just stay away from her. She'll be m...
16.7M 635K 81
Book #1: The Mated Series Julian Heil, known for his intelligence and calm exterior. As the future alpha of the Black Moon Pack, he only cares about...
84.8K 5K 22
For 1000 years, a wolf was chained and kept alone as a punishment, without anyone to love him. He grew bitter and bitter, wanting to destroy earth an...