Noticing You (BoyxBoy)

By Okieleaf

Jess Roma is quiet and fades into the background. People don't notice him. Isaac (Zack) Johnson is nice and o... More

DISCLAIMER
Introduction
CHARACTERS
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five (END)

Thirty-One

155 8 4
By Okieleaf

"Ki invited me over. He said his mom wants me to come over before the party. Do you want to come?" Isaac looked over in hope.

They were walking towards his car. Not the best time to spring the idea on him but Ki just invited him over on their walk to last hour. Zack wanted to go, he wanted to see his second family. He also wanted Jess to go. He had already checked with Ki and the boy was fine with that.

"Andrew will be there. I don't know if that helps."

Jess gave him a small smile. "Do you really want me to go?"

"Of course I do."

"Okay then. I'll go."

"Really?" Isaac's smile widened. Jess chuckled softly at him.

"Yes."

"Cool." Isaac leaned over and kissed the side of his face. "Thank you."

They reached his car and climbed in. Isaac smiled when he started the car and Jess's radio station started playing. His music taste was really growing on Isaac. His smiled widened every time Jess quietly sang or hummed along to a song.

They drove until they got to the familiar house. Ki's car was already in the driveway as was Andrew's. They probably didn't drive slower just to listen to their boyfriend hum along a little longer like Zack did.

Isaac lead the way inside. He held Jess's hand until they made it inside the door. He slipped off his shoes and Jess followed his lead.

"I'm home!" Isaac called out into the house. He had to because he hadn't been here in what felt like years.

A banging sound was made in the kitchen and Mrs. Lendev appeared in the doorway with wide eyes. "Zack!"

She ran forward and wrapped her arms around him. He returned the hug immediately even though he wasn't sure what it was for. They weren't this affectionate often.

"I am so sorry. My son is an idiot." She whispered right before pulling away. She cupped his face and kissed his forehead. "You're family to us, Zack, we all love you no matter what."

The words hit deep. They soaked into his skin and caused his eyes to water slightly. He nodded and she pulled him back in for another tight hug.

"ZACK!" A loud twelve year old girl could be heard upstairs. Her footsteps were thudding down the hall and then she was seen racing down the stairs. Her brother was walking a much more understandable pace after her. "Zack! Zack! Zack!"

When she finally reached them she launched herself at him. He laughed and hugged her back. She smiled as she stepped back.

"I missed you so freaking much. Ki's a dick for that." She said it so matter of factly.

"VICKY!" Her mother was glaring with wide eyes. Ki started laughing his ass off. "Language."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Ki was wrong for that. You're my favorite big brother now."

Isaac chuckled and pulled her in for another quick hug. When he let go her eyes went over to the boy behind him. She raised her eyebrows and looked back up at Isaac.

"Is that your boyfriend?"

Isasc threw a quick glance at Jess before nodding. "Yeah."

She smiled. "He's very handsome." But then she was glaring at him and stepping over in front of him. She jutted her finger out. "If you hurt my Zack, Ki and I will come after you."

Jess laughed quietly under his breath. "Okay."

Vicky was quick to smile again. "Okay, good. I'm going back to my room now."

She spun around and raced back up the stairs. They all watched her go and Isaac shook his head with a chuckle. Jess was standing next to him now and the other boy's presence was comforting in a way only his could be.

Ki's mom stepped forward with a kind smile. "Hello Jess, it's so nice to meet you."

Jess shook her hand back. "It's nice to meet you too."

"We'll be up in my room." Ki told his mom and she nodded.

"Come down for dinner in about an hour and a half okay?"

"Will do." Ki nodded his head before leading the way up the stairs. Jess stayed right behind Isaac the whole way up. When they reached the bedroom Isaac noticed the way Jess's eyes looked around, taking in every detail.

Ki sat down on the gamer chair that used to be Jace's. It was a change but not an unacceptable one. Isasc put his hand on the small of Jess's back and led him over to Ki's bed where they both sat next to each other.

Ki picked up the remote and offered it to Isaac who declined. With a shrug, Ki took it back and joined the game himself.

Jess and Isaac sat on the bed and watched the game. Andrew leaned over with a sly smile and tried to hit random buttons on Ki's remote. Ki retaliated by trying to play one handed and hit Andrew with the other hand. There was something so familiar about it that it was comfortable.

Jess leaned into his side. Isaac smiled and wrapped his arm behind Jess, offering it as a pillow to hold Jess into place. The warmth of the interaction was nice.

"FUCK! ANDREW YOU IDIOT!" Ki rose from the chair to grab a pillow from the bed, only to beat Andrew with it. Andrew was laughing and cheering in victory. His cheering was interrupted when Ki started hitting him and he held his arms up as a shield.

Zack began laughing and Jess's lips rose upward in a smile. Ki sat down in the chair with a huff and mumbled something about Andrew being a cheater. He tossed the remote over to the bed.

"You play." Ki grumbled.

Zack smiled and picked up the remote. Andrew picked up his own remote and relaxed back in the chair with a smile. They started playing and Isaac wasn't half bad. He was a bit off his game but he didn't suck.

Jess watched with interest. No one said anything about the fact his legs were in Isaac's lap and Zack's arm was around him. They actually didn't even bat an eye.

Isaac won two of the five games they played. By the time they were done Vicky was knocking on the door. Andrew was grinning wide while looking over at her, he had just won.

"Dinner's ready." She smiled while opening the door all the way up.

Isaac let go of Jess and the boy slid off his lap. He sat the remote on the table while standing up himself. Ki turned off the game and Andrew sat his remote next to Zack's.

The started out the doorway and followed the girl down the stairs. Ahead of then, Vicky bumped her shoulder into Ki's. He shouldered her right back and then war had started ahead of them.

Ki grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder like a potato sack. She was laughing while kicking and squirming. They stepped down the stairs and Vicky was still squirming.

"Ki you put her down!" Mrs. Lendev was glaring but she wasn't mad. She was never mad.

Ki dropped Vicky with a smile. She grunted but stood up. She turned and glared, going to swing at Ki's abdomen. Ki grunted and pushed her to the side.

"Do you see this, Mom?"

"Are you being troublesome?" Isaac cut in and swooped down to grab Vicky. She squealed as he picked her up and rotated her so she was upside down.

"Mom! Mom! Save me!" She was giggling though and her hands were flopping down on the floor.

Mrs. Lendev was smiling. "Don't you dare drop her, Zack."

"Oh, of course." Isaac smiled over at her. "I would never."

Isaac carried the squealing girl into the kitchen, Andrew and Jess behind him. He set her down gently on the ground and she flopped like a fish for a moment before hopping up. They all sat down at the table just like they belonged there. Jess followed Isaac and sat next to him.

Dinner passed with simple conversation. Jess even pitched in from time to time. Although every time he did his ears turned slightly pink at the attention being on him.

After dinner they moved to the living room. No one said anything when Isaac pulled Jess into his lap on the couch. Andrew picked the movie after him and Ki argued over the remote. Jess rested his head on Isaac's shoulder.

Mrs. Lendev walked by with Mr. Lendev right behind her. The older man smiled over at them. "We're retiring to our room now. Don't be too stupid at the party and when you come home try not to make too much noise. Okay?"

"Yes sir." Ki, Zack, and Andrew were all in sinc with their answers.

They then finished their movie in peace. Isaac looked over at his friends with a smile. His hand ran up and down Jess's back soothingly. "We're probably going to head out."

"Okay." Ki smiled back. "You'll be at the party, right man?"

Zack spared a glance at Jess. He was already looking back at him. "Yeah. We'll be there."

They left then. Jess sat in the passenger seat and smiled softly at Isaac. Zack ignored the fluttering feeling in his stomach as he leaned over the center console to kiss Jess.

"Did you leave early just to make out with me?" Jess raised his eyebrows.

Isaac smiled. "Maybe." He kissed Jess again. "Do you want to go home and change before the party?"

"Sure." Jess kissed him again.

Isaac hummed as he pulled back and started the car. They began the drive back to Jess's. Isaac had thought that Jess's jeans were too tight to be comfortable that long. Not that he didn't enjoy the way they fit his boyfriend but he wanted Jess comfortable.

○●○●○

They showed up to the party at ten o'clock. After an hour of cuddling on Jess's bed and making out, Jess had relaxed significantly. Zack smiled over at him as they parked.

"You sure you want to do this?"

Jess nodded. "Yeah. I won't be drinking though."

"That's okay. You don't have to." Isaac rubbed his thumb on the fabric of Jess's shorts. "If at any point in time you want to leave just tell me."

Jess nodded. "Oh and hey, if you drink too much I know how to take care of a hangover so don't worry about that. I've got experience taking care of drunk people."

He said it with a smile but his eyes were hurt. The sight was painful for Zack to see. He leaned over and kissed Jess's jaw. "I won't be drinking."

Jess smiled wider. "Okay."

They got out of the car together. Isaac walked around and wrapped his arm around his boyfriend, securing Jess next to his side. They walked into the house together.

"JESS, ZACK!" Tally stumbled over towards them, clearly too drunk already.

"How many drinks have you had Tally?" Isaac chuckled and Jess had a small smile.

"Too many." Mason's voice pitched in. He walked over and smiled at the two. "Nice to see you."

"Yeah. I'm glad you guys made it." Kristi was next to him. She looked only slightly tipsy and overjoyed. She looked around. "Oh, babe, he ran off again."

Mason's eyes widened and he looked around. He groaned when he finally saw Tally. The boy was dancing with Conor Reid and looking a little too comfortable.

"Oh lord." Mason rolled his eyes. "He's going bi on me again."

Jess chuckled at that. Zack looked over at him confused. "Tally's bi?"

"Yeah." Jess nodded slightly. "He doesn't tell people though."

"Oh." Isaac shrugged it off. "Okay then."

They made their way through the house and into the kitchen. Ki and Andrew were at the counter taking shots. Ki was clearly drunk.

"Hey, lovelies." He was slurring his words and his cheeks were flushed. "Jordy says he's goin' to get the beer pong table later. Zack, you wanna play with me when he does?"

Isaac chuckled. "Maybe."

"Okay." He grinned and then offered out his bottle of Vodka. "Wan'some?"

"No, and I think you've had enough." Zack delicately took it out of his hands and put the lid back on. He set it to the side and looked at Andrew. "Are you his designated driver?"

"Yep, I'm the taxi cab tonight." Andrew grinned. "Staying sober at parties is weird."

Isaac rolled his eyes. He looked down at Jess and the boy was already looking at him. He didn't look uncomfortable, that was good.

"Jess? Hey." A boy walked over to them with a kind smile. He was holding a bottle of beer and sat it down on the counter when he leaned against it.

"Hey Marco." Jess smiled back. At the name Isaac smiled and glanced over at Andrew. His friend had pink tinted cheeks as he looked at the two boys.

"I can't belive you two are a thing." Marco looked between Isaac and Jess. "It's cool though. I'm glad not everyone that plays football is a homophobic asshole like I once believed."

"You're welcome for clearing it up for you." Jess grinned.

"You don't seem like the party type."

"The boyfriend wanted me to tag along." Jess said and smiled wide. Zack felt a blush creeping up his neck at the casual way he said it. He hadn't heard Jess refer to him like that in that type of way before. It was nice. Very reassuring for their relationship.

Or maybe Isaac was just weird.

Probably both.

"Do you guys'ave to stand right by the fucking drinks?" A sharp voice cut in. Everyone's eyes moved over and saw Jace. His eyes were a little red and his cheeks were turning pink. "I can't get drunk if all the faggots are contaminating the drinks."

Andrew looked away. He wasn't at ease with his sexuality yet and Isaac knew how much words could hurt when you're still trying to figure yourself out. He glared at Jace.

"Man, shut up." His voice wasn't mean though. He was too nice to pull out a terribly mean voice just yet. "Just grab a drink and go."

Jace's eyes cut to Zack's face. His eyes burned with hatred. Isaac was surprised at how easy it was to meet his gaze. "You're just a pussy piece of shit, I don't wan'o hear you talk."

"Hey dude, watch it." Ki was glaring but his drunk expression made him a lot less intimidating.

"I'm not talking to you Traitor. I'm talking to the stupid fucking fairy here."

Zack didn't ache at the words. They weren't the best to hear but he didn't feel any physical pain. He realized then that Jace didn't have a strong affect over him anymore. He was at peace with his life at the moment. He was at peace without Jace in it. Jace's opinion no longer mattered to him.

"Dude, just stop." Isaac sighed. "I'm tired of your bullshit."

"I'm tired of having to see you walk around the school with your little fag boyfriend. If you want to whore around with boys at least don't show it off to everyone." Jace said.

"I'm sorry you find my happiness offensive." Isaac said evenly.

"What I find offensive is that you fuck a little boy slut and run off from your friends. Does he really suck dick so well you ditched us without a thought? The other faggots may have forgiven you but I haven't." Jess tensed up beside him.

"Shut the fuck up, Jace. I mean it." His voice was a lot harsher now.

"Oh is that all it takes?" Jace barked out a laugh. "I say something about your little boyfriend and now you're pissed? Is he actually that important to you? Too bad he's probably sucking off every other twink in the school. I bet he's a little gay whore."

Isaac didn't register what he was doing until after his fist had collided with Jace's face, but it felt good. Some people around them gasped but Isaac stayed stone faced. "You sound stupid right now dude. Just stop."

Jace stumbled backwards and held the side of his jaw. He glared daggers at Isaac. He tried to throw a punch back at Isaac but missed, in return he got a punch to a gut. Then, the fight had begun.

Zack got hit across the face once, then twice. He took a step back but didn't stumble. Instead he focused his attention back on Jace. Back to the words he said. Back to the hatred in his eyes.

Isaac himself didn't even know he had it in him. He never really disliked someone enough to start a fight. He never felt the need to hurt someone.

But Jace was in front of him and now he did.

He punched him once again in the face, then twice in the abdomen. He could feel blood running down his lip from when Jace had hit him before but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that Jace was still trying to fight back.

When his knee collided with Jace he coughed and stumbled back. He leaned against the wall on the otherside of the room and held his arm around his torso. He looked up at Isaac out of breath.

Isaac was out of breath too and held the hard gaze. He glared into Jace's eyes. He didn't want to fight, but he had. And he felt good.

Zack broke the glare to look up and around at everyone surrounding them. He could feel blood trickling down his jaw but made no move to wipe it away. A couple small strands of hair were sticking to his face and the bright, colorful lights were making him a bit dizzy.

"Alright, anybody else have a fucking problem with the fact that I have a boyfriend?!" His voice was raw and the usual nice tone was gone. "Huh?! No? You better speak now or forever hold your peace mother fuckers!"

The cold hard gaze and the hateful tone had everyone shook. Zack was the ball of sunshine. The Elayne. People were shocked seeing him like this.

He made eye contact with Jess and saw the boy looking shocked. His face turned to a little smile as he held eye contact with him. Zack turned back to looking around the crowd. "I don't wanna hear nobody talking shit on my boy again, alright?! Mind your own fucking business for once."

He turned and walked over to Jess. The boy was smiling lightly and Zack grabbed his hand, dragging him away from the circle and towards the bathroom.

"That was badass." Jess spoke after a little bit and Zack had to chuckle a little. "But seriously, you didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to. Jace needs to learn he can't just say whatever he wants and get away with it." Zack opened the bathroom door and shut it after they both walked in. He flipped the lock, not wanting anybody to come in. "Sorry I ruined your first party."

Jess laughed a little. Isaac watched him with a happy smile. That was his boy. "I don't know, I don't think it's ruined. I'm just getting the whole dramatic fight over a lover girl cliche. Just like the movies!"

Zack laughed and leaned himself back against the sink. He reached forward and grabbed Jess's waist to pull him closer. Jess stepped in between his legs, standing in front of him and smiling.

The younger boy reached up and raked brown hair off of Zack's forehead. Zack kept his hands on Jess's waist, not wanting to let go.

"Do you want me to play nurse to your injuries or something?" Jess raised an eyebrow and Zack smiled brightly.

"Y'know, now that you said it, I think that could be nice. You wanna nurse me back to health, Baby?" Zack was only partially joking.

Jess chuckled but his ears were turning a little red. Isaac noticed they did that a lot when he called him pet names. It was cute.

"Sure. But I'm warning you now, I make a pretty shitty nurse."

"Oh well. Your pretty face will make up for it." Jess leaned forward, his head facing down and pressing into Zack's shoulder like he was trying to hide.

"You're so fucking cheesey." But they both laughed.

Jess finally moved and made Zack move too. He got a little wash rag and put it under the faucet. He made Isaac lean against the counter again, a little over from the sink so he could still use it, and stepped between his legs again. As if on instinct Isaac put his hands on the the other's waist.

Jess dabbed at his lip and tried to get rid of the blood on his face. The whole time Zack's eyes were watching his face, going over every little detail like he didn't already have it memorized.

"I can feel you staring." Jess hummed and put the rag down next to the sink. "I got all the blood off and your lip seems like it's stopped bleeding."

Isaac didn't say anything, he felt like he was in a trance. He didn’t process his words before whispering them for Jess to hear. "You're so beautiful."

Jess didn't say anything. He met eyes with Isaac and the two just watched each other for a moment. Finally, Isaac leaned forward and connected their lips. Jess's hands went up to cup his face and as they pulled away the boy smiled.

"I think I might've made it worse. You taste a little like blood."

"Just trying to please my little vampire boyfriend." Zack said immediately with a cheeky smile.

Jess laughed. His thumbs rubbed back and forth on Zack's face and there was a moment where they both watched each other again before Jess leaned in first this time. Isaac could feel his stomach doing flips and he couldn't ever recall a moment he had been this happy before now.

When they pulled away this time Zack pulled Jess closer. He just wanted to hold him. Jess seemed to get the message as he wrapped his arms around the back of Zack's neck and leaned his head to rest in the crook of it. Zack let his arms hold Jess close and he rubbed his hands up and down the other's back.

"I love you." And he meant it.

Jess took in a minute to process it before moving his head to plant a kiss at the bottom of Zack's jaw. "Luckily for you, I love you too."

Isaac smiled. In this moment, everything was okay.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

Isaac snapped and beat the shit out of a prick, how nice. :)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Love you ♡

- Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784K 26.6K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...
44.7K 1.5K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
725 13 38
[Recent Note: I'm not really proud of this story at all now, it's way too long and boring, you're free to dismiss it.] This story is heavily inspired...
1.6M 43.8K 20
Nick and Jess twin brothers and best friends, that was until 9th grade when Nick came out of the closet. Jess became a huge homophob and became frien...