Tainted

By SincerelyBroken

A baby was sentenced off to death because the mother was accused of adultery. This wasn't an ordinary family... More

Copyrights Page
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Skip to next Chapter
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Skip to next Chapter
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteenth
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty

84 5 6
By SincerelyBroken

CHAPTER 20 | TAINTED

Long Night

King Fionn had stayed behind as the pink elf had escorted me back to Valentina and my mother. He had quickly guided us down similar stairs to the ones we had first entered their court from. The passageway led us to a long hall and at the end of it were six doors leading to guest chambers. This wing was further down into the earth than we were before. With each step took I was more mystified by how they constructed their home. They honestly were brilliant.

"These are your chambers for the night sir Alexander," The elf murmured beside me. "If none of you are married you are not permitted to accompany the same room. All guests must follow the same protocol we do at court." Without a response, he opened one of the rooms and with his small hand he took hold of my mother's hand and walked her to her room. Then he did the same for Valentina.

Once both were in their room the elf turned to me and followed me in mine and closed the door behind us. I didn't even get to view the room before his voice broke the silence, "My name is Prince Hamish," I had turned back to him to give him his attention. "My father is extending his hand to you, so I am extending mine. However, he still reminisces about the time when there was no war. Were our kind could be impassive of the other's problems. It was such a rich time when culture was able to prosper, and children were flourishing. I do believe I was one of the last generations, maybe one after me, of our people to be born of our kind before it happened... Families just stopped giving birth you see... I was only small I didn't understand the politics behind it all... But I do understand them now. And when vampire business falls on my doorstep I see we mustn't be impassive because you might lead your people straight to us. If may do that Sir Alexander just know King Fionn isn't the name, you will betray it is me. Take that as you will. Have a good rest. I shall see you at dawn to part ways."

He gave no room for response and departed the way he entered. Pondering in thought I looked around the room observing my surroundings. The room wasn't like Valentina's spare room in her home, but it wasn't as bad as the palate Arianna had given me, so I could only be grateful. The walls were small and rounded and there were only two candles lighting the room. The bed was up against the back wall, and it looked decent. There was a nice rug in the center that had a tree designed in it that was gold and the trim was green. There was one small desk in the room.

I went to bed and lay there for a few moments and tried closing my eyes and resting for a bit. Unfortunately, my stimulated braid didn't want to sleep it just kept drifting back to Prince Hamish and his introduction. What stood out to me the most was he said there were no more children. I didn't have the privilege to go to any towns so I wouldn't have known that. It had me wondering how deep these scars had gotten in the world.

Before I knew it my feet were planted on the floor on their way to the door before my mind even thought of it. Entering the hallway, I saw two small guards standing near the stairway entry point. Both were in the armor of silver that had the family crest on the chest. Not minding them, I found the door Valentina had entered and knocked lightly on it.

"It's me, Alexander," I had mumbled through the door. On the other side, I heard shuffling and then footsteps that were coming closer.

"I'm coming," Valentina, had replied while making it to the door and opening it for me. She opened the door fully offering me entry. "Come on in," she smiled.

I returned the smile with a grin and my fingers ran through my hair instinctively. "I think for this night we should abide by our generous host rules. I believe he did say something to the effect of if we are unmarried, I am not able to enter your room." I smiled playfully.

Her smile turned to a dimpled one and her cheeks set aflame with warm blood that sent chills down my spine. The scent of her would always be the most intoxicating perfume. "I do believe you are right," she said as she closed the door slightly with her still behind it.

My hand flew up to the door to open it slightly back but not too much and a took a step back keeping the entryway open for the both of us, "They never said anything about us in the hallway," I said looking at the bench that was on the direction behind us. "I have some questions about history if you will," I said raising one of my eyebrows to her clearly amused but serious.

She looked to the wooden bench and backed up to me with a smile, "Of course my King anything for you." She closed the door behind her, and we both sat down on the bench. Her dress was the only barrier between us. We had sat that our thighs nearly met, and arms were connecting. The body heat that radiated off her was simply stimulating. She had my mind jumbled, but it was time to focus. However, there was a pool of light above us, that was dim it gave her a radiant glow. Almost like a gold full-body halo captured her beauty. The light licked flawlessly at her every detail. The only thing that brought me back was when she looked up into my eyes with her chocolate ones and said, "So what is your question?"

My face was soft my voice was serious, "Were you able to hear the conversation between me and their Prince?" I asked her.

She shook her head, her hair falling along her face as she did this, "No something about their home must be enchanted. I can't even give my thoughts to you if I wanted. There must be some sound waves they are blocking. But no what was the conversation about?" She wondered.

"Interesting, "I muttered but then continued, "He was telling me that his generation was the last to be born? Is it true everyone stopped having children?" I asked curiously.

Her lips pursed in a way that was sad but thoughtful, "It was true for everyone, but the royals... I was the last generation of vampires to be born as well. No others have been born in our kingdom in 18 years I believe. The way the war was panning out people were scared for the generations to come. They said they would rather hold off to see what would happen. We are immortal of course so they do have all the time in the world I suppose... but he was right... I can't even tell you how bloody it had got I was only a baby myself. But the last generation of children we all grew up knowing that the Queen was mad with rage. And we feared we'd be taken from our families all out of spite. But the Queen had grown less vengeful when she had her two daughters. Remember your sisters I was telling you about. After your mother massacred the leaders of two other kingdoms and children of them those people stopped having children as well. But what I was saying of your sister is they both reign over those regions. They are only I think sixteen and seventeen. Both married so they may have children coming soon though."

I didn't really expect it to be true. I thought Prince Hamish had been lying but he had no reason to. My face fell slightly at her words, "Did the King and Queen make them stop?" I asked confused.

She shook her head, "When I asked my father this, all he had to say was it was a silent truce among the people. To first not make the queen angry and second, they feared if they had them, they would perish from the harsh snow that has cursed the land." Her eyes had a layer of sadness as she spoke.

To think there were no other children in this world was quite daunting, they had lost so much because of my absence. The pain of one mother spread across the nation like a sickness. All the women who wanted to become mothers halted all in the hope one day the winter would end. To think they have lived frozen for eighteen years. The only ones allowed to experience life was the generation after me, it was the saddest truth I had come to know about this place.

My voice broke the silence after a moment, "Well that just added a layer to this all that I hadn't expected..." my voice broke slightly at my own words. "This feels like a good place to end our history lesson." I smiled trying to lighten the mood back again.

"Yes," She smiled, "quite a grim one though. But I suppose if we want to be well rested for the morning we should go to bed." She said standing up with a smile and she headed back to her room looking back at me once she got to her door she said, "Good night, Alex," and then she closed her door.

I went back to my room to lie down. And I found my bed after I had stripped to my boxers. This room was very warm and cozy. That had to be the benefit of living underground to have the earth of it keep you warm if the top cannot. The bed was surprisingly big enough for my frame to fit and it was comfortable. As I began to relax, sleep began to take me over. I saw a mist at the end of the room appear hazily to me. It had been approaching me like the time I was in Lord Corpus's office.

It was gray and its presence brought a coolness to the room. When it was near me it had just waited until I had drifted off to sleep. And it was easy when it was near, I didn't make me scared it brought a comfortable sensation throughout me allowing me to slip so easily into sleep. I could feel the energy in the buzzing.

When I finally was under my own slumber, I could feel my energy being ripped through, but it wasn't painful it was familiar. Once I was fully split from myself, I was acquainted with the mist I had met before. He was now formed into a shape like my own physic, but he was still hollow and gray.

"And we meet again," I said looking down at my own form that was laying in the bed looking peaceful. "Do you talk?" I asked curiously.

Without saying anything he shook his head in a no, turned opposite us, and took a hand to the air clawing out the thin air and breaking its energy. It left a thick jagged line in the center and the electricity licked a split like a power line slit. He grabbed hold of my arm and pushed us both through.

A/N: 

I was too excited to post the chapter so it's okay for the last one we didn't hit the goal but for this chapter 5 comments are required at the end for chapter 21 to be posted!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 63 20
IN EDITING. COMPLETE. "There are such beings as vampires, some of us have evidence that they exist. Even had we not the proof of our own unhappy expe...
404 27 21
The first time they met, She put sword on his neck and he declared the war. His target was her, to make her his slave, but she, a tough Princess wi...
8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
11.4K 281 16
What happens when you throw a set of twins and there mean ass protective little sister into a school filled with vampires, demons, werewolfs, mermaid...