Life is Strange - Chrysalis [...

Av Workard

Max, a rather typical, shy girl, recently got the ability to reverse time. After spending the day trying to g... Mer

"Lover, we will recover"
Uncertainty in Happiness and Death
Epilogue - A letter

New Storms for Older Lovers

4.7K 60 14
Av Workard

Life is Strange

Chapter 2

"Is this close enough to your dorm?"

"It's not technically a dorm, but yeah, it's perfect"

I looked at the dashboard in the car. The time was 11:50 and Chloe needed to put more gas in her car apparently.

"Alright. I know you're not exactly an early-birdie, but we need to catch up tomorrow," Chloe said as she leaned back in her seat.

"On account of the time travel news?" I questioned with a smile.

Chloe looked at the rear view mirror, with a hesitant look.

'"Yeah. On account of that" She let out with more air than what was necessary.

And then I fucking kissed her.

Goddammit, I should have kissed her.

Max let the black pen fall out of her hand as she closed her plain notebook. She looked at the watch on the wall to her right. 01:12 am.

I should really get some sleep.

With no thought for her safety, Max let her head fall down onto the table she was sitting at, not worrying about the fact that her arms could have cushioned the blow.

Frigging body. My heart just won't calm down. I feel like I have helium locked in my damn head.

Max closed her eyes for a second, but the feeling of overwhelming emotions that hit her, soon became too much. With a deep sigh, she lifted her head back up and opened her notebook yet again, before grabbing her black pen.

Here I am. Sitting in my little room, in the middle of the night, writing. Great.

I wonder if she waited for me to kiss her... she kept looking at me, with that smile. I have known her for years now, and I don't know what that smile actually means. Maybe it just means "Hey buddy" maybe it's just some dumb friendly smile. I kinda wish it was. I kinda wish that Chloe only wanted us to be friends. It's odd, but that would take the pressure off. Then I wouldn't have to plan every move I need to make. The relief would probably quickly turn into despair though, but if there is a change of something real... then what should I do? Should I text her, so she would have something nice to read in the morning? Would that... push her away?

I am not thinking clearly... I am actually kind of freaking out. I wish... HERE IS THE DAMN THING! I EITHER WISH I HAD MORE COURAGE OR I WISH THAT... that it would never have happened. I can't... these emotions are fucking with me. Tomorrow... let me embrace tomorrow.

...

Birds... if it wasn't for birds, would people actually even wake up?

Max opened her eyes and took some time to think about where she actually was. Birds were chipping. She was not in her bed.

"Goddammit" she whispered to herself as she lifted up her head and realized she had been sleeping bend over the damn table, with her face down the notebook. "Phone..." Max lifted herself up and began wobbling her way towards the desk besides her bed. "Oh no, I have been shot," she whispered to herself as she lifelessly fell face-first down onto the bed, but not without grapping her phone in the process. A fancy little smartphone, with a raccoon sticker on the back.

"And here comes the light of a million suns" pressing a button on the side, she was able to unlock her phone and bring upon the desktop of her phone. "7:40. No messages. Tuesday. Tornado destroying the town, only 3 days away. Yes"

I should probably be more concerned about that...

With a sudden move, she bounced herself up from the bed, planting her two feet solid on the floor. Her actions saved her a second or two, but made her head dizzy.

Probably just a dream though...

Max walked past the mirror on her wall, she did not need confirmation that she looked like a mess. She could feel that her hair was not in the right place, all puffy and curly. She even failed to undress before going to sleep, which is apparently a bad thing.

Badum bakaka tss. I need a shower.

As she tried hard to keep thinking about stuff that didn't involve actual feelings and emotions, Max grabbed a towel that was hanging down from her closet, along with some clean clothes that had spent the night on a chair. She often reassured herself that her future self would clean the place up. As she opened her door to the world outside of her room, the regular morning chat was heard coming for the regular morning students. "I barely got any sleep," a girl that looked suspiciously like Dana, said to an unidentified girl in front of her. Taking a few more steps towards the shower room, Max pinpointed her focus and agreed with herself that it probably was Dana. Walking through the hall, past a few doors and posters, she finally arrived at the only door she wanted to open at this point of the day. When she found herself inside the shower room, she dared to look into one of the mirrors. Her suspicion was correct; she was a mess. Yet, another thing came to mind. A specific thing that she had had in the back of her head ever since she woke up.

What's the harm?

Max walked into the shower stall of her choice, quickly closed the door and began undressing.

Cold. Cold. Cold.

Multitasking like a professional, she was able to turn on the shower while taking off her jeans. The noise made from the water hitting the tiles was oddly comforting. It was noisy however. After throwing her pants and panties on the pile of her other smelly clothes, her foot went in to test the temperature of the waters. This led to the decision every person had to make many times during his or her lives. Do I want to wait around- naked, until the water gets to a comfortable temperature, or do I want to save some time and just walk right in to the liquid ice-cubes? Max decided to be brave today and forced her body to walk in under the cold water. It seemed like a bad decision at first, but her body quickly adapted to the temperature. It wasn't long before her hair was good and wet, along with the rest of her body.

Oh nooo, where are you going hand?

Max closed her eyes while letting her hand work its way down her body, until her index finger was placed securely in the middle of her crotch. It was not something she normally did early in the morning, but considering the recent happenings- and the fact that she was alone- she might as well entertain herself for a little while. Standing around rarely brought up any sort of entertainment after all. Max began pressing her finger tightly up against her crotch as she led her head fall down. She wanted to moan and the water hitting the tiles would cover up any sound she made, but she decided against it. It was good practice for the experiences to come.

I wonder if Chloe has awoken yet. Getting dressed. Maybe she slept naked?

Max let her mind wander as she placed her left hand on the wall before her, while continuing to pleasure herself with her right hand.

I wish I were lying beside her. Naked. She would probably spoon me. The feeling of her naked crotch being pressed up against my ass...

While Max's middle finger began flickering her clit, she moved her left hand away from the wall and took a firm grip around her left butt-check, trying to remember the sensation from the other day. Trying to imagine it was Chloe squeezing her butt. She felt her heart beating faster and her body tensing. The mere thought of Chloe brought giddy feelings throughout her body.

We made an implied agreement that I would be the one to have an orgasm the next time. She- she wants to give me an orgasm. Touch me. Lick me... fuc-

"Some idiot woke me up in the middle of the night while I was sleeping" a female voice was suddenly heard.

"Dammit!" Max whispered a little too loudly as she quickly removed her hand from her crotch.

"I didn't see Max at all yesterday evening. It was probably her going to her room," a second voice responded.

Are they completely unaware of the fact that I can hear them? Or do they just don't care?

From the sound of the voices, she knew it was Victoria and Taylor making the annoying chatter.

Max took a breath before turning off the waters and grabbing her towel. The voices had disappeared, but she was certain she didn't hear them leave. However, she refused to worry about it and began rubbing her face with the towel while the water was dripping down from her body. Suddenly a snicker was heard. It sounded like it came from the other side of the shower door.

"Incoming!" A girl yelled.

Max quickly looked up to see a dust of white powder rain down upon her. Instinctively, she placed her arms in front of her face, but it was useless. Her wet body was like glue to the powder, and before she was able to comprehend the situation, half her body was covered with a mixture of powder and water, creating a sticky mass.

"What the hell?!" Max shouted out in anger.

"That's for waking me up in the middle of the night," Victoria laughed, as Taylor and her exited the room.

"You fuckers!" Max exclaimed as she clinched her first. They were already gone.

God-fucking-dammit. That...

Resisting the urge to run after Victoria and punch her stupid face, Max instead turned the water back on in order to get the sticky powder off her body. A process that took considerably longer than the average shower.

20 minutes later, she finally decided that she was clean enough. Her skin was red due to excessive rubbing to get it all off, but she felt relieved that she was finally able to put on her clothes. On her way out of the stalls, she took a quick look in the mirror. She looked worse than she did when she had entered the showers. Her eyes had a hint of anger and annoyance in them, her hair couldn't decide which style it wanted to be in and her whole body was tense. Just she opened the door to the hallways, the smug face of Victoria was the first thing she saw. She was standing beside some boy that hid his face behind a cap and messy hair. Taking quick steps past the conversing douches, Max noticed something out the corner of her eye. The crooked smile of a girl. The single crow in the storm that had it all: the biggest tree with the widest leaves to keep out the rain, the rain that was the low-bar in the chart of a young life. With crossed arms and a tilted leg, Victoria was the one wearing the crooked smile as a prize for breaking the wings of the ones fighting to stay in the air. Max's next step was heavier, more in rhythm with her anger. Luckily, before her instincts took over, she found herself standing before the door to her room. Letting herself inside, the first thing she did was to shut the door behind her and pressing 'play' on the stereo that was placed on her shelf. At the sound of guitar strings being played, she sat down on her bed and placed her head in the palms of her warm hands. With a sigh, she let the music take over her emotions.

"I'm reading over your shoulder,it says it in every line, in every curve and crack. It says it in every detail of your face, unmistakably apparent in this dull light. Tracing a separate letter, forming a separate word.

Twisting together to build the same beautiful sentence, the same painful realization. The cracks in your lips open with the book and the smile shows the lines in your face. Perfectly crooked and perfectly familiar"

Max gently placed her thumbs over her closed eyelids and applied a small amount of pressure. She could feel her eyes... more pressure. Red shapes began appearing in the vast darkness. More pressure. The red was now covering up the black, with moving shapes and blue dots. The music had been drifting away, unobservant. A controllable pain appeared.

Don't flinch...

Suddenly a vibrating noise came from her phone on the desk beside her. Max nearly gasped as she removed her hands from her face, and just as she did, the music had returned. She tried not to shake as she reached out her right hand to get her phone. With slow moments and a blurred vision, she took longer than usual to unlock it.

NEW MESSAGE

[Chloe :) - 8:12]

Awoken from your slumber?

When are you done with your classes today?

The odd feeling Max had tried to ignore the entire morning, suddenly loosened up. It was not gone, but it felt lighter. It was nice to know that Chloe still wanted to talk to her. Still, Max had a hard time deciding how to respond. Should she be witty? Romantic?

Around 3, I think.

Max hit send and instantly regretted it. Her intention was a relaxed, mellow message, but reading it back to herself, she feared it might have sounded cold. Half a minute passed, with no other feeling than impatience. The instant her phone made the first vibration, Max unlocked her phone and read the words on the screen.

NEW MESSAGE

[Chloe :) - 8:13]

Cool. I'll come pick you up and we'll hang out. I got something I want to try.

Btw, the number 3 looks like a butt.

A snicker was involuntary made by Max as she fell back in her bed with a smile.

How does she do that... just a simple remark and the world is a brighter place.

Max felt silly for wondering about so many things, when Chloe was clearly laid-back about the whole situation. She always knew she could learn a thing or two from her friend.

Chloe: blowing my mind since 1999.

Just wait outside the main entrance. Can't wait :)

Btw, the number 30 looks like a butt, laying a giant egg xD

Max barely had time to clap herself on the shoulder for the witty remark, before Chloe had responded.

NEW MESSAGE

[Chloe :) - 8:13]

NO EMOJI!!!

Holy shit though.

Max ran her right hand through her hair before shaking her head with a wide grin. Talking with Chloe never failed to ground Max when she was in a float-y mood.

As she got up from her bed to get ready for classes, she looked in the mirror on her wall.

Mirror, mirror on the wall... please don't melt because of my hotness.

As she took a few light steps closer to her door, the phone in her hand began vibrating again. Max was quick to read it though.

NEW MESSAGE

[Chloe :) - 8:14]

303030303030303030303030

Max looked at her phone for a short amount of time, before letting her head fall backwards with a lasting smile on her lips.

My God, Chloe.

As she placed the phone in right-front pocket, she stood still for a few seconds to allow the playing song to finish.

"Someday not far away from here, my dear, I swear I'll see you

and we will hear the seraphs cry, for they will still envy you and I.

How they envied you and I. How they envied you and I. How they envied you and I"

...

"When you go to take a picture, your mind hastily creates the image before you pull out your camera. It raises expectations. The fallout from this is often disappointment, but never fail to remember that a picture you can imagine, is a just a picture. Whereas a picture that can only be imagined by looking at it, is a vigorous photograph"

Very interesting Mr. Jefferson and I mean no disrespect by this, but can you please shut up so I can meet up with Chloe?

Sitting in photography class, Max was staring at the clock while half-listening to her teacher, Mark Jefferson. The time was already 3:10 and she didn't want to keep her friend waiting. Normally a few extra minutes to hear Jefferson talk about photography would be just fine with Max, but not now, not today. She took a glance at her teacher who was walking around in circles.

Looks like he forgot to pretty-up this morning. He looks more tired than usual.

Max took a closer look.

Or has he always looked like that? Maybe Chloe has literally ruined men for me.

"Any questions?" Jefferson had noticed Max staring at him, but she was unsure if the question was directed at her or the whole class. Max just silently shook her head.

A few seconds passed. "Alright," he said before turning around.

 She quickly looked around. Victoria was sitting in her usual spot, gazing at Mr. Jefferson, looking like she wanted to lock him in a basement or some equally messed up stuff. Max was just happy that she wasn't trying to annoy or embarrass her.

"That's it for today. Remember to have a brief description of Richard Avedon's early works ready for tomorrow. I don't want opinions, just details" he ended, before moving some papers around on his desk.

They were bootiful. Now, I gotta get going.

Quickly placing her notebook in her backpack, Max got up and was the first to be out the door.

I don't understand how time can still be such a big factor in my life, considering that I can literally reverse the shit out of it. I need to come with some sort of system, so I can use it efficiently.

Shifting between fast walking and running, Max was quick to be out the door leading to the outside world. One of the benefits of not being popular was that no one was trying to stop her, or to get her attention.

Now to find Chloe's 4-wheeler.

Max walked at a slower pace, scanning the area around the parking spots.

4-wheeler? Isn't every car a 4-wheeler anyway? Four wheels...

Thinking about cars, always made Max feel less than intelligent. She knew that she was probably wrong and there was a fair reason to call a vehicle a 4-wheeler, but she wasn't too interested in the answer.

Feeling slightly nervous about the fact that Chloe's car wasn't anywhere to be seen, Max took her phone out of her pocket and checked the time.

3:16. She should be here. Maybe she parked somewhere else?

Putting her phone back in her pocket, she began walking from side to side with quite obvious, repeating movements.

Maybe she forgot? Maybe she bailed on me? Doesn't seem like her, though she can be somewhat unfocused at times.

Suddenly a loud honking noise burst through her ears and blew her thoughts away.

"HOLY SHIT! FUCK!" Max loudly exclaimed as she jumped up.

She quickly looked in the direction of the noise and saw a car driving slowly towards her, with a hysterical laughing Chloe inside of it.

Max held her hand on her chest and sighed deeply.

Next 5 minutes will be spend with Chloe laughing uncontrollably. No doubt.

Max prepared herself as Chloe opened the door. Sure enough, she was laughing.

"Holy fuck Max!" Chloe exclaimed with watery eyes and an open mouth.

"That was the most surprised I have ever seen you!" Chloe kept laughing aloud, barely having the time to take a breath.

Max sent a death-stare towards Chloe as she walked angrily towards her.

"Ohhh shit," Chloe said frightened as she saw the approaching Max, with knives in her eyes.

"I'M SORRY!" Chloe yelled as she took a few steps back while holding her arms out in front of her face.

"I SWEAR, I DIDN'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU!" Her words were almost tripping over each other as she spoke quickly, all while Max was getting nearer.

"DON'T KILL ME!" Was the last words the poor girl could utter, before the raging Max lifted her hand and smacked the defenseless girl on the forehead.

"Ouch," Chloe let out.

"Get in the car," Max said, as she opened the front-seat door with a pair of piercing eyes.

"Alright, alright," Chloe responded with a voice of defeat.

"I really am sorry," she said with a low voice, before getting in the car.

Chloe looked to her right, seeing Max beside her, staring out the window.

"So... how was classes?" Chloe questioned with an awkward pause before putting the key in the ignition.

A few seconds passed by before Max turned her attention towards her blue-haired friend. She was wearing her usual clothes; the only exception was the not-always-so-common black, leather jacket. Otherwise, it was the normal combination of a white tank top, with a pair of slightly torn jeans and her signature dark-blue, wool cap. Chloe was looking out the rear window as she was backing out the car.

"Look at me" Max said without a hint of emotion, even though her heart was throbbing, but not from the fright she had gotten earlier.

"Hm?" Chloe let out as she turned her head towards Max, but before she was able to actually look at her, Max had already leaned over and planted a kiss on Chloe's lips. Needless to say, Chloe was taken by surprise, but she didn't retract. Her lips were simply on a hold, not given enough time to comprehend the situation.

A single second passed before Max pulled back and sat back down on the seat.

"Don't honk at me when I am lost in my own thoughts" Max said quietly as she sent a quick smile towards Chloe before looking out the windshield.

"For future references, I did apologize immediately," Chloe said while waving a finger around.

"...After laughing at you" she whispered as she turned the car around.

A short amount of time later, they were driving on the road in the direction of Chloe's house, and Max's curiosity could be held in no longer.

"So, how come you're late? Trouble with Mr. Step-douche?" Max questioned in the nicest tone she was able to.

"Late?" Chloe looked at the time on the dashboard of the car.

"Come on. I arrived just in time" the blue-haired girl responded with a rather serious look on her face.

Max wasn't able to tell if she was joking or if she just had a really bad sense of time.

"Right. Not late," Max said sarcastically as she looked out the window to her right. It was in the middle of the day and the sun was lighting up the features of every single tree they drove by. Though she never mentioned it, she was glad that Chloe didn't live in the heart of Arcadia Bay. A place that reminded Max of the suburbs, was a much nicer place to live in her opinion and a big plus was the calming silence.

Max watched Chloe who looked surprisingly focused on the road ahead of them. It was not an unfamiliar look.

Come on Chloe. I can see you want to say something. Don't be shy.

Max smiled as she kept her attention on the blue-haired girl. While looking at her face, she recalled the events from the other day. It might not have been the best idea to stir up her emotions at the time, but since that day, Chloe always brought up Max's giddy feelings. Like watching a movie, she recalled the events from the beginning, when she kissed her for the first time.

It was awkward. It was actually really embarrassing. Probably the reason why we haven't talked about it. I don't doubt that she have thought about it as well; thought about how she prevented me from turning back time, so she could kiss me back. That part was actually quite romantic. She said she wanted to remember it. Man, I could tease Chloe with that for the rest of her life. I barely remember who initiated the second kiss, the one that led on to become quite intense. She even grabbed my ass... Chloe grabbed my ass.

"What'cha thinking about?" Chloe asked Max with a silly voice while looking in her direction.

Max quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Chloe with a blank stare.

"Would you believe me if I say that I was thinking about you, this time?" Max questioned, as she could recall the last time Chloe asked that question.

"I would," Chloe smiled.

"Because you are blushing quite heavily," she said just before stopping the car.

Dammit!

Max quickly began rubbing her face in an attempt to rub the blushing off. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best technique.

"We're here," Chloe chuckled as she pulled the handbrake.

"Oh," Max took a look out the window. They were parked in the driveway of Chloe's house.

How long was I stuck in my thoughts? It's really becoming a bad habit.

The two girls opened the car doors and stepped outside. The first breeze felt like heaven on Max's skin. The air was always quite thick in Chloe's car, for quite obvious reasons. She was keeping an ashtray in there after all.

"Don't worry. You don't have to act all nice and shit. Nobody's home," Chloe said as she walked towards the front door.

"Oh, so I didn't have to leave my knives, cigarettes and tattoos at home," Max said with a raised eyebrow.

Chloe turned her head sideways to peek at Max.

"You know what I mean," Chloe smiled before grabbing her keys from her back pocket and unlocking the door.

"Max, come on in," Chloe did her best Bob Barker impression.

Max almost began running with her arms in the air, to play along with Chloe's impression of The Price is Right, but decided against it and instead smiled softly before stepping inside.

As Chloe closed the door behind them, she let out a single word "Hungry?"

Without even thinking about, Max automatically responded "Nah"

The house looked as expected. Small hallways, big living room and scattered trash on the tables and shelves. Small creaking sounds were made as Max took her first step onto the stairs leading to Chloe's room.

"You will be," Chloe said with a smirk as she walked past Max on the stairs.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Max questioned, feeling legitimately curios about Chloe's weird allusion.

"Nothing" Chloe hummed as she grabbed the door handle.

"Well, if you got some Sole Meuniére in your room, I wouldn't say no," The brown-haired girl said quietly.

Chloe looked at her with a blank stare as she opened the door.

"I don't think I have any Italian food stored anywhere"

"French. It's French," Max corrected Chloe as she took the final step up the stairs.

Chloe said nothing, but her demonic eyes said it all.

"Sorry," Max whispered.

"Entre!" Chloe exclaimed with her best French accent as she entered her room.

"That was..." Max paused when she entered as well.

"That was good," she said with an unimpressed tone.

"Oh bed, the bigger and softer you get, the more I love you," Chloe said as she let her body fall down onto her rather comfortable bed.

"Same goes for you Max," Chloe snickered as she turned her body around in order to lay on her back.

Max smiled, avoiding to question her choice of words, for numerous reasons. After all, she had just hinted that she loved Max to some degree depending on her size and softness, but rather than start what could only end up in an awkward conversation, Max walked towards Chloe's stereo instead and pondered what kind of music Chloe wanted her to put on. For some reason, being in Chloe's decorated room without any music, seemed odd.

"Anything but rap, pop, techno, country and reggae," Chloe said to her, as if she could read Max's mind.

"Maybe some reggae later actually," she quickly added.

"Well then, let me just pick something random and hope it pleases you," Max said in a posh voice while grabbing a disc that had some patterned art on it.

"You are usually good at pleasing me Max, so don't worry," Chloe responded with a flirty tone.

Max decided to chuckle at the remark and continued to put the random disc of her choice into the CD player, which was connected to the quite remarkable stereo setup.

As soon as Max pressed play, a soothing sound of instrumentals filled the room.

"Sweet, Porcupine Tree. Good choice," Chloe said as she rested her head on a pillow.

"Guess fate led me to them," Max responded jokingly while approaching Chloe on the bed.

"Never stop the car on a drive in the dark. Never look for the truth in your mother's eyes.

Never trust the sound of rain upon a river, rushing through your ears"

The music was slow and soothing, with a fitting male-vocalist.

"Arriviiing somewhereee, but not hereee" Chloe sang out softly.

"You should give up your job of doing nothing and become a singer" Max was just able to let out before Chloe's bed had dragged her into it as well.

"Hey, I do activities," Chloe let out with a slightly offended tone, but still with a smile.

Max looked at Chloe who was now lying beside her, with her arms on the back of her head.

"Such as?"

Chloe let her head fall to the side as well, leading her to look directly into Max's eyes, which hinted that she was awaiting a response. Though it didn't astonish her, Max was unprepared when Chloe moved her head closer to Max's with closed eyes. Max had little time to prepare before Chloe had placed her lips on Max's. It sent a tingling feeling throughout her body, which suddenly stopped as Chloe moved her head away.

"Why did you kiss me?" Chloe asked, resting her head back onto the pillow again, but this time a little closer to Max.

"I'm pretty sure that it was you that just kissed me" Max responded, trying to get her body to calm down.

"I mean in the car. I was not really prepared," Chloe enlightened Max with the details of the questions with a flat voice.

Max couldn't decide whether or not to respond with a witty answer. Considering Chloe's voice, it sounded like she wanted an honest answer.

"I just wanted to experience it again. I was kind of hoping that... we could do it more often," Max hesitated.

I just want to know if we're like "that" or if it was a one-time experience

Max thought to herself, wishing she had the courage to ask such a direct question.

Chloe looked at Max with a subtle smile that quickly tuned into a wide grin.

"Remember when you said you would let me smoke joint, so you could take advantage of me?" Chloe said with a slightly raised eyebrow.

Max could clearly recall her half-serious joke, but she had assumed that Chloe thought of it as a full-on joke and nothing more.

"Yeah, but... that's what you wanted to try?" Max questioned rather abruptly as she recalled the text message from earlier.

Like a magician with a questionable childhood, Chloe lifted up her left hand and revealed a rolled up piece of paper that was quite clearly a joint, which was ready to go.

Max was at a loss for words, but luckily, Chloe decided to explain herself.

"Not because I don't enjoyed your confused face, but what I actually meant was..." Chloe took a short pause.

"I think you can blow my mind hella hard with your time travel powers. Like the ultimate trip," Chloe said with a suggestive voice.

"The 'taking advantage' part comes later" she ended with a smirk.

"I haven't said wowser in a while, but you sure are making it hard not to think that exact thing," Max said with a baffled look.

"Hm?" Chloe let out.

"You are messed up" Max couldn't help but to laugh in-between words.

"I thought you liked a challenge" Chloe clearly couldn't help but to laugh softly as well.

"All I need is a light," she said with a chuckle before putting her hand in her right front pocket and dragging out a slightly decorated lighter.

Max took a moment to process the friend before her. Blue hair, white tank top, boots on while in a bed, a lighter in her right hand and a joint in the left. It was quite a sight.

"If I wouldn't get in trouble for it, I would totally take a picture of you now and name it 'youth in a nutshell'" Max smiled as she turned her head, so she was looking up at the ceiling.

The sound of a flickering lighter shortly drowned out the sound of the ongoing music.

"Very poetic," Chloe mumbled as she had already placed the cannabis cigarette in her mouth.

Max closed her eyes for a second to let the music shower through her thoughts.

"All of my designs, simplified, and all of my plans, compromised. All of my dreams, sacrificed"

"Pretty chill, huh?" Chloe asked alluding to the music as she took a quick puff of the recently lit joint.

"Don't you think it's kind of sad?" Max answered with a question while subtly stretching her arms.

"Well," Chloe began as she raised her upper body making it so that she was sitting up on the bed.

"I think it depends on what mood you're in. That's how music is. While having ones plans compromised might sound like a bad thing, it can lead to something more unexpected. Having plans doesn't mean that you have everything figured out. It means that you are have expectations and expectations can turn out to be better than you imagined" Chloe made hand gestures while waving the light joint around, creating random smoke patterns around her.

Max gently rubbed her face before getting up as well, so she was sitting beside Chloe with crossed legs.

"If you're this philosophical now, I can only imagine how you will be when the weed kicks in," Max smiled while following a particular smoke trail.

"Exactly! You can imagine, but in truth, you can't predict," Chloe said a little too loud, before placing the joint between her lips and inhaled some more.

"In your case of course, you can just make a choice and reverse time and... you know, try again," Chloe said with a voice that made it clear she had smoke in her lungs.

"I guess," Max smiled as she slowly took off her unzipped, grey hoodie.

Chloe took a quick glance at Max, before opening her eyes wide.

"Wow. How did you get so red on your arms?" Chloe questioned, looking surprised.

Max automatically looked down on her arms, to see her irritated, red skin.

"Oh, right. When I was taking a shower this morning" Max briefly blushed, before clearing her throat and continuing.

"Victoria threw some make-up, powder shit on me. I was all wet and-"Max had to pause, as she noticed Chloe had a hard time not laughing when she said the word 'wet'

"I was sooo wet," Max said with a sarcastic tone and a gentle smile.

"Go on," Chloe couldn't help but to laugh out the words.

"Well, water and powder usually creates some sticky mass, so I had to spend an extra 20 minutes in the shower, rubbing my body all over to get it off," Max said as she gently began rubbing her right arm.

"I seriously feel bad for you," Chloe let with a wide grin.

"But..." Chloe paused.

"What? What was funny in that sentence?" Max questioned while looking at her friend.

"Rubbing" Chloe muffled as she had placed her hand in front of her mouth.

"Face plant" With a deep sigh, Max placed her right hand onto her face.

A few minutes passed by with light chuckling and some smoke inhaling before Max heard Chloe let out a long word.

"Woooow"

Max lifted her head and looked at Chloe. She was taking off her leather jacket, but it seemed like it was her first time doing so.

"Having problems?" Max asked with a crooked smile.

"I'm so high," Chloe let out while lifting her shoulders close to her head.

"I'm glad to hear it," was Max's response as she moved closer to Chloe, to help her take off the jacket.

"I think it's time," Chloe said with an over-dramatic tone.

"Blow my mind," She smiled while looking at Max.

Max shook her head while trying hard not to chuckle at Chloe's dilated pupils.

"How?" A chuckle had to be forced out.

"Man, I don't know. I'm hella wasted. You can literally bend time and space, it can't be that hard," Chloe said to the concern of Max, as she noticed that Chloe was only halfway through her joint. It was filled to the brink, but it was still unsettling.

Max sighed before lifting up her right hand and began focusing.

"Yes" was the last thing Max heard before she felt time reversing.

The smoke filling the room, began retracting to Chloe's joint, while the sound of Porcupine Tree playing, sounded even more trippy in reverse.

A quick flash of light blurred Max's vision, making her unable to see Chloe in front of her. Even the smoke was untraceable.

Max had to focus, but she was just able to start time again where she had planned it. As her vision quickly returned to normal, she looked at Chloe who was sitting to the left of her, completely unaware.

Ready to get blown away?

"I think it's time," Chloe said with an over-dramatic tone yet again.

"Blow my mind," Max and Chloe said simultaneously, which clearly surprised Chloe.

She looked at Max with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"You are God," Chloe whispered, confirming that her mind was indeed blown.

Max had a pleased look in her eyes and a smile painted on her lips. Though it didn't take much while she was under the influence, it was fun to see Chloe all confused.

"Holy shit!" Chloe suddenly exclaimed while bouncing on the bed, still sitting down.

"Max, Max, Max," She repeated with a wide smile.

"That's my name, don't wear it out," Max said quickly, barely even making the 'joking' voice.

To her surprise, Chloe fell down on the bed with a laugh that sounded like a broken record.

"Max" She said yet again.

"Get high with me," She let out before quickly getting back in her sitting position.

I probably should have considered that Chloe would suggest that at some point.

"Mmmm" Max made a sound of consideration while letting her head fall back.

"I don't know. I have classes tomorrow. I don't want to have a hangover"

"You Humpty Dumpty" Chloe said as if her choice of words were the most perfect ever.

"You don't get hangovers from weed. It's freaking amazing" Chloe was putting all her efforts into convincing Max.

"I know that," she responded.

Huh. Can't believe I didn't knew that.

"Still... I only tried it one time and it did nothing for me"

"If it doesn't have any effect on you, you might as well give it a go. It would make me happyyy," Chloe said like a little girl, which didn't fail to make Max smile as well.

"Come on babe," Chloe said with a sudden sweet tone.

Max stopped moving for a second.

Goddammit Chloe.

"Just a little bit then," Max let out with a sigh, before moving closer to Chloe.

"Babe" she stressed the word as obvious as she could.

"Here you go," Chloe said with a smile as she handed Max the half-finished joint.

Max's brain kicked itself for letting herself get convinced by Chloe, but the rest of her body was actually quite excited. Something about the smell just sent off good vibes, and Chloe clearly seemed to enjoy herself.

Max felt like a newbie to smoking-, which she pretty much was. Chloe could clearly see it as well, when Max had trouble finding the proper way to hold the rolled up piece of paper, she decided to keep quiet though. When Max finally found an acceptable way to hold it, she placed the joint between her lips and began inhaling. At first, the thick smoke was overwhelming and she had to force herself to keep from coughing, instead she kept it in and began inhaling a little more to get it down into her lungs.

"Hold it," Chloe smiled as if this was the most exciting thing ever.

A few seconds passed before Max let herself exhale, leading to a thinner mist of smoke being pushed out from her mouth.

"Like a pro"

Chloe had a lasting smile on her lips and a subtle blush. Not to mention the slightly, yet clearly, red eyes.

"I am actually secretly a stoner," Max said with a hoarse voice.

"I bet you know all the smoking tricks," Chloe chuckled while grabbing the joint from Max's hands.

"Of course," Max smiled.

"I know about the inhaling"

Chloe began puffing on the joint while looking at Max talking.

"Don't get me started on the exhaling," she continued, looking smog.

Chloe barely had time to let out the smoke from her lungs before she began laughing. Max knew that Chloe was easy to amuse while she was high, but what surprised Max, was the fact that she couldn't help but to laugh as well.

Man, I'm not even high yet. Just light-headed... maybe that's all?

Though Max felt slightly giddy, she doubted that was what all the fuzz was about.

"Know about this trick then?" Chloe let out before inhaling some more smoke.

"Hm?" Max looked at Chloe as she removed the joint from her lips but held in the smoke.

Barely a second after, Chloe shuffled her way closer to Max before kissing her friend, but it was no ordinary kiss. Chloe made subtle movements with her lips, making Max open her mouth, which clearly was the plan all along as Chloe was quick to exhale the smoke she had kept in her lungs into Max's mouth. By reflex, Max began inhaling before closing her mouth, but Chloe wasn't finished. Before giving Max time to exhale again, she placed her lips onto Max's again and held them there for several seconds. Just before Max exploded due to a mixture of excitement and weed smoke in her lungs, Chloe finally moved her head back to allow Max to exhale. She didn't have enough air in her lungs to make it one long exhale, so the results was a quick "Hah" with barely any smoke exiting her mouth.

Max's face was red for a number of reasons as she turned her head towards Chloe, with a baffled look.

"Very effective I see," Chloe smiled with a trail of smoke appearing from the lit joint in her right hand.

"It definitely did something," Max had to admit as her whole body felt light and her lips were forced in an upward arc.

This tranquil world, framed by the invigorating ambience that the attachment of the two girls had created, brought a sense of fulfilling tenderness.  The two girls looked at each other, both wearing an innocent smile proudly and with a look that only soulmates could pull off.

"I love you," Chloe said quietly, but confidently.

Max's expression barely changed, as if she had known this fact for a while, yet hearing the words coming from the blue-haired girl before her, sent a rush through Max's body that could only be described as a mixture of happiness and relief.

"I love you too," Max let out, barely having to think about it.

The whole thing played out, without doubt, without fear, as they both moved their head closer towards each other, before their lips met yet again. It was different, more soothing. Not exciting, but relaxing. A second passed after they lips had departed, before Max made a crooked smile.

"Now hand me the joint"

...

"A dislocated day, peers in to the either. Counts the stars inside the sky and flies to the never"

Max let the lyrics bounce around in mind that was coming from the music that had been playing the last hour. The two girls were both lying on the bed, having just finished the joint; Max took a breath and looked to her right. She had a hard time focusing on the objects in the room, and the lack of an open window led the entire room to be rather hazy, but she managed to keep her attention on the nightstand next to her. A black ashtray had been placed on the small table, along with her phone and a small piece of trash from a candy bar.

"Holy shit," Max let out in realization.

Chloe had to snap out of her own mind, before she turned her head to look at her friend.

"THAT'S WHY YOU ASKED IF I WAS HUNGRY!" Max opened her eyes wide, feeling as if the memory of the conversation suddenly appeared from a hidden place in her brain.

Chloe barely let Max finish the sentence before she broke out in laughter. Though Max was still mind blown, she couldn't help but to laugh as well.

"You fucking knew I would get high, which would make me hungry" Max spoke quicker than her brain could process.

Chloe didn't have enough breath to answer and instead kept laughing. Contagious as laughter is, Max couldn't stop laughing herself. Without even knowing the comedy of the situation, both the girls were laughing with all their might, which kept going on for a full minute.

A mixture of pleasure and pain rushed through Max as the laughing began to become slightly uncomfortable when her lungs were running out of air. She had to focus to take a quick break and inhale, all while her eyes were tearing up. Chloe decided to have some self-control as well, as her laugh become softer and she was able to speak out a few words.

"Are you hungry?" Chloe asked in-between breaths.

Only one answer seemed appropriate.

"Hella," Max smiled, finally being able to stop the involuntary laughing.

"Here," Chloe chuckled as she turned her body to reach for something under her bed. It was a glimpse of heaven when Chloe dragged up a bag filled with different kinds of candies.

Max's eyes widened. "YOU HAD CANDY THE WHOLE TIME?" She exclaimed in amazement.

"Calm down, Max," Chloe giggled.

"Go ahead and satisfy your munchies," she said as she placed the bag in the middle of the bed.

Max instantly got up from her lying position and dug her hand down into the white plastic bag.

"I have half a mind to travel back in time and call you out on that shenanigans," Max said as she pulled out a chocolate bar from the bag.

Just as she did, Chloe got up in a sitting position as well.

"Can we just take a moment to talk about this time travel stuff?" Chloe asked while looking confused.

"Shrue," Max mumbled as she had already taken a big bite of the delicious chocolate.

"Think about this for a second," Chloe made hand gestures, showing that she clearly had something on her mind.

"We live in this world. This universe," Chloe stated.

"Oh God," Max was quick to reply.

"Now, hold on. We live in this universe," Chloe insisted on continuing.

"Everything that is going to happen; happens. Like it was already meant to be, but when you travel back in time, you change the course of fate. Literally creating alternative universes"

Max took a second to swallow her treat.

"Remember when I said I could only imagine how philosophical you could be when wasted?"

She paused.

"It's happening," Max smiled.

"Nonono, listen" Chloe clearly meant business.

"If you at one point decided NOT to travel back in time, everything could be different. Maybe you have prevented someone from taking a step to the right and instead they took a step to the left, which lead them to miss the invitation to a party, which lead them to not get hella drunk or something, which lead them to not do something god-awful, which lead them to not live a life in embarrassment, which lead them to not jump off a roof or something" Impressively, Chloe got through that whole speech, only taking one breath in between.

While listening to Chloe, Max had forgotten to chew the piece of chocolate in her mouth, leading it to melt on her tongue. "Damn Chloe. Where is my notebook so I can write this shit down? It's pure gold," Max smiled, though she was kind of baffled by the thought.

"Am I right?" Chloe turned her attention to Max, looking as serious as a girl, high on weed, could.

Max finally decided to swallow the half-liquid chocolate that had been stored in her mouth.

"Well, it sounds like you are talking about fate, which is a concept I hardly believe in," Max admitted as she tilted her head slightly, which caused utter confusion in Max's mind for a split-second- unsure if was her head that titled or the whole word. Her common sense quickly told her what was what though.

"Alright, I know I never talked about fate, like... seriously, but think about this," and Chloe was off again.

"Oh my," Max let out as she went to get another piece of candy. Her smile revealed that she was enjoying Chloe's rants though.

"Let's imagine that when you travel back in time, your brain's memories also gets rewound. Making you forget what you did before you traveled back in time. Therefore, you would go through life, making decisions, some of them good, some of them bad. When you reach the age of one hundred, you decided to travel back in time, to the time where you were, I don't know, eighteen. You want to change the bad decisions you took, to good decisions, but because you forget the implications of those choices, you would make the same exact choices and end up at the exact same place you were when you're one hundred years old again. That's freaking fate"

Chloe ended as if she was waiting for a standing ovation.

Max, who had been chewing on some gummy bears through it all, had to stop yet again for a second.

"I don't know if it's just because I'm... REALLY high, but that shit just made my mind explode," Max looked at the red gummy bear in her hand. It looked funny and squishy.

"I. Know." Chloe paused in between words.

"You are as smart as Plato," Max smiled.

"Who?" Chloe asked as she turned her head to look at Max who instantly made a 'are you serious' look.

"Okay, maybe not Plato then," Max said before eating the funny looking gummy bear in her hand.

She chewed a little on the candy, all while Chloe looked like she was lost in giant forest.

"GOT IT!" Max declared with an open mouth, showing the face of the poor gummy bear taking its last breath.

"People studying atoms..." Max had to repeat the sentence in her head a couple of times, to make sure it made sense.

"People studying atoms... are really just atoms, trying to understand themselves"

Max looked at the nothingness in front of her with wide eyes.

"Waaah" She whispered to herself, feeling as she just blew her own mind.

"Huh?" Chloe slowly turned her attention to Max, with her left eye half-closed.

"I said..." Max paused.

"I can't remember what I said" she looked down onto her legs.

"What are we talking about?" Max questioned.

Chloe did an amazing job at looking both confused and amused.

"I didn't say anything," Chloe shrugged.

Max had already zoned out again, as she looked around the room. Everything was moving ever so slightly and the depth of the objects around her seemed way off. She closed her eyes and decided to let the music flow through her ears.

"Stood beside an inlet, a starfish leads a dance. It dreams it is a human, and falls into a trance"

"This music..." Max whispered.

"Is so good," she said before falling back onto the bed with closed eyes.

"I..." Chloe began a sentence while holding a lock of her hair in her hand. "I have blue hair," she stated as if it was new information.

"You do," Max nodded in agreement.

"Wow," Chloe let out before lifting a blanket over her body and snuggling her way under it.

"Tired?" Max asked as she noticed this.

"Hella," Chloe answered with her eyes closed.

Max looked at Chloe, burying herself under the light-blue blanket.

"Let me in," Max almost begged as she grabbed the side of the blanket and worked her way under it. It was a comfortable feeling to have a small amount of weight be brought on top of her, to protect her from the weirdness of her surroundings. She slowly closed her eyes and yawned. It wasn't long before she drifted off to the sound of the calming music.

Did I fall asleep?

Max managed to open her eyes, but all she could see was the back of Chloe's exposed head. It was dark outside, but it had been so for quite a while. Max couldn't figure out how long had passed since she closed her eyes, but she didn't feel high anymore, so some time must have passed. Granted, she still felt light-headed, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Better get undressed. Don't want to fall asleep with my clothes on again.

Max worked her hands down to the top of her pants and began unzipping them before dragging them down the length of her legs. With a few shuffles and kicks, she managed to get them off and thrown onto the floor. Her purple shirt quickly suffered the same fate as she dragged it up over her head and was thrown on the floor beside the bed.

Max looked at her friend once more. Only her blue hair and the top of her neck was visible, the rest was covered by the soft blanket they both were lying under. She was breathing lightly, clearly asleep.

Time to be stealthy.

Max could feel her heart speeding up ever so slightly as she positioned herself so she could shuffle closer to Chloe, who was lying on her side, facing away from Max. Making small movements, she was able to place her legs up against Chloe's, which revealed that Chloe wasn't wearing pants either. As Max placed her upper-body close against her friend, she could feel on her exposed stomach that she was still wearing her tank top though. A few adjustments later, Max was lying close to her friend, taking the position of the big spoon, even though she was a littler shorter than Chloe. Max had thought about placing her right hand over the girl, but had assumed that would wake her up. Instead, she had placed it down along her body, which was just as good, as Max could feel Chloe's inner thigh on the palm of her hand.

Frustratingly, lying so close to Chloe had made her excited, resulting in her body no longer feeling tired. Quite the opposite, as Max could feel her body begging her to press her crotch closer to Chloe's behind. Though there was no one watching them, Max pretended to stretch as she moved her crotch closer until she could feel Chloe's underwear being pressed up against her own. A familiar feeling of excitement ran through Max's body as she began gently stroking Chloe's inner thigh with her right hand, which was moving slowly closer towards Chloe's behind. It was an awkward position, so the moment she could feel her thumb touching the bottom of Chloe's underwear, her hand was unable to move any closer. Max could feel herself getting hornier by the second, which quickly became an unbearable feeling. Determined to do something about it, she moved her crotch a little away from Chloe's behind in order for her left hand to have enough space to move around. Her heart began beating faster as she placed her left hand on her stomach, just above her panties. Still lying with her left cheek on the pillow and her right hand on Chloe's thigh, Max slowly moved her left hand under her own underwear until she could feel her fingers touching her crotch. A chill went down her spine and she wasn't surprised that her finger quickly became wet when she placed it between her inner-lips. A little moaning sound was unavoidable. A couple of seconds passed as Max had begun silently pleasuring herself, until she could feel her mind becoming hazy again. The soft skin on Chloe's thigh was enough to make Max blush, but hearing the soft breathing noises from her friend was equally exciting.

I hope she wouldn't be mad

Max pondered for a second to think about what she was actually about to do and she came to the conclusion that it was kind of odd, but her body desired for her friend more than ever.

She would have done the same.

With that thought in mind, Max removed her right hand from Chloe's thigh and by adjusting her body, she was able to place it back, but this time she had placed it just above Chloe's underwear. The feeling was almost intolerable when she began moving her hand under Chloe's soft panties. Her heart began throbbing with passion when she felt Chloe's butt check on the palm of her hand. Max couldn't help but to instantly begin grabbing the butt with her hand, while still having her left hand down her own panties.

God, I feel so perverted, but that's what is getting me so excited.

Max continued her movements for a good minute, but suddenly froze as Chloe began moving. Max felt the hair on her neck beginning to rise. She was ready to beg for forgiveness as Chloe turned around and faced Max, but surprisingly, she was met with a face she had only seen once before. Open mouth, flustered cheeks, lustful eyes and heavy breathing. A face of excitement. Having their heads faces only inches from each other, Max could feel Chloe's warm breath on her face. Nothing could be said and nothing needed to be said as Chloe lifted her body, placing her left hand and knee next to Max's body and quickly kissing her. Chloe had placed herself on top of Max, supporting her weight on her hands and knees. The kiss was passionate from the very beginning and Max's body had gone from fear, back to lustfulness in an instant.

It was unexpected and Max was uncertain if Chloe had been awake the whole time, but that was a question to be asked later. A wave of heat surrounded the two girls as Max's hand eagerly began moving around on Chloe's body. It was a new feeling; there was no time to think, no time to wonder. All that mattered was happening at this very moment. It was intense, fast moving, as if their bodies had hungered for this sensation throughout their entire lives. Chloe lifted her upper body and quickly took off her tank top, exposing her black bra. Before the piece of clothing even landed on the floor, Chloe had already moved her lips back where they belonged. Both the girls were breathing rapidly while making continuous movements with their lips and tongues. Max couldn't help but to curl her toes when she felt Chloe placing her right hand between Max's legs. They both knew there was no reason to ease into it this time, as Chloe quickly moved her hand in under Max's white panties and began rubbing her crotch. Max spread her legs and tightened her body while frantically continuing to kiss her friend. At the very moment she could feel Chloe inserting a finger into her hole, she was forced to make a weeping sound as she gently bit Chloe's lower lip. Luckily, Chloe decided to start moving slowly with her finger when she could feel how tight Max was. It did hurt, but the feeling of pleasure was far more intense. In a rush of excitement, Max lashed her arms around Chloe's back, placed her fingers on her friend's black bra and ripped the lock apart, before tossing it on the ground.

"Sorry," Max let out with a heated voice as she noticed the bra was torn apart beyond repair.

Chloe only means of responding was a slight smile and a short exhaling sound.

Max could feel that she was beginning to sweat as Chloe had picked up the pace with her fingers. Every now and then, it was inevitable that Max made a few thrusting movements. She could feel her body begging her to climax, but Max wanted to keep it going for as long as she could. Something Chloe could sense as well, as she removed her hand from Max's crotch while retracting from the long kiss, before lifting her upper body. Chloe looked at the girl lying underneath her for a second, with eyes that made Max's heart skip a beat. Her blue hair was messy and her breast were going up and down due to Chloe's heavy breathing. There was nothing Max wanted more, than to share this intimate moment with this very girl. If there were three words, stronger than "I love you" Max would have said those words a million times to the girl in front of her.

With a grin, Chloe bit her lip before moving herself downwards, kissing Max on her body every step of the way, until her head was placed between her friend's legs. Though Max still had her white panties on, Chloe could feel the heat appearing from the crotch before her and could very clearly see that Max was wet. The blue-haired girl couldn't resist and slowly began licking the wet area on Max's panties, but despite the fact that there was a piece of fabric between her vagina and Chloe's tongue, Max could still feel the moist tongue going up and down, sending shivers through her body. Max could only imagine what it would feel like without her panties on, a thought that filled her head as soon as Chloe placed her fingers underneath the top of Max's white panties and began dragging them down the length of her legs. Her body could barely control itself as she collected her legs with shaky movements until Chloe had successfully taken off the piece of underwear. There was something so delicate, yet disruptive about Chloe as she held Max's panties in her right hand. Her pupils were bigger than usual due the darkness surrounding the room. Luckily, the moon provided just enough light to shine through the window beside them, so Max could see the very thing that made her inhale deeply.

Chloe gently placed her hands on both of Max's genuflected knees, as she began moving them away from each other. Though Max wanted nothing more than to spread her legs, the help from Chloe was necessary as her body had a hard time responding. When her legs were finally departed, Chloe moved her hands down to her friends hips and took a firm grip. The sound of two heartbeats beating in unison filled the silent room while Chloe moved her head lower, until she were out of sight between Max's legs. The anticipation was almost unbearable as Max curled her toes and exhaled shakily. A flicker of light entered her vision as she felt Chloe placing her tongue on her vagina. The sensation spread all throughout her body as the girl began licking up and down with slow movements. Max forced her eyes shut and began moaning rapidly, as she dug her nails into the sheet she way lying on. It was an arousing feeling when Chloe placed her tongue in between Max's inner lips. She couldn't help but to begin uttering girly moans as Chloe moved her tongue around in circles with faster movements. Every now and then, Chloe firmly pulled Max's hips closer while inserting her tongue into Max's opening. A heavenly feeling of pleasure had spread to every corner of Max's body, as she could no longer refuse her body to get the sensation of relief.

"Chloe," Max moaned out, as she could feel her body tensing and her heart speeding up. Chloe sped up the pace with her tongue, quickly switching between insertions and licking in circles around her clitoris. It could be held back no longer as Max's vision turned black and an overwhelming sensation ran though her body. She was forced to lift her lower body slightly upwards as she could feel the peak of climaxing. A tingling feeling quickly intensified with the throbbing motions. After a single, continuous, moaning sound, Max's body quickly loosened up and her whole body fell flat onto the bed.

 A couple of seconds passed as Max tried to say something to the friend before her, but her body demanded that she focused solely on her breathing. Luckily, Chloe seemed to be less exhausted than Max and popped her head up from between Max's legs, looking like she had just graduated from high school. A confident smile and a look of satisfaction.

"Want a witty remark or a serious statement?" Chloe asked while looking at the worn-out Max.

"Serious statement please," Max was able to speak out before continuing her efforts to calm her breathing.

Chloe moved a little to the right before letting her body fall down onto the bed beside her friend.

"Even though I am already wet, I need a shower," Chloe let out just as her head landed on a pillow.

"That was the serious statement?" Max questioned with a chuckle while turning her head to look at her topless friend.

"Oh sorry, that was actually the witty remark. It is true however," Chloe looked down on her body.

"It was a quite sweaty and intense process," she admitted.

"Well then," she yawned out.

"You can go take a shower and I'll just... lay here for a while," Max said with sleepy noises while turning her body to the side.

Chloe laughed gently at her friend before getting back up.

"Sounds good. Just keep in mind that the time is 5:45. You gotta get ready for school in an hour or so," Chloe smiled while getting out of the bed and began walking towards the door.

Fuck

"Wait," Max said as she lifted her head and looked at the blue-haired girl walking away, only wearing her black panties.

Chloe gracefully turned around and looked back at her friend, lying on her bed.

"What was the serious statement then?" Max questioned while trying hard not to stare at her friends exposed breasts.

Chloe smiled before turning back around and grabbing the door handle.

"I want to be with you forever," she let out with a soothing voice before opening the door and walking out the room.

Max spent the next minute looking at the closed door with a blank stare. Eventually she snapped out of it and her lips were forced in an upward arc, creating a smile that she knew would last for a while. It wasn't until a vibrating phone and a quiet musical tone, made Max turn her attention elsewhere. She looked around for a little while, unsure where it came from, until she noticed the subtle light coming from Chloe's phone on the nightstand next to the bed. Thinking that it was probably just her morning alarm going off, Max stretched her body and took a hold of the black smartphone. It was rather similar to Max's phone, despite being a different brand. The unlocking process was pretty much the same as well, so Max had quickly unlocked the phone, which revealed that it was a text message that had caused the phone to go off like that. Barely thinking about it, Max read the newly arrived message.

NEW MESSAGE

[Matt* - 5:55] Good morning babe. Just thought I would wake you up before your alarm. I know how much you hate that noise <3

Max read the words through a couple of times. Each time with more concern.

Having a hard time to even think it through, Max began scrolling to see the previous messages.

*Sent Monday at 4:12*I don't know if I feel like it. I'm still mad at her you know? Maybe next week...

[Matt* - Monday at 4:13]

Come on babe. Max is a bitch; you should just forget about her and come over to my place. We can finally have some fun ;)

*Sent Monday at 4:14*

You're right. I can probably come by Wednesday. Just make sure to clean up before I get there. Don't want to roll around in your dirty underwear <3

Max's hand began to shake as she felt her eyes watering and a rush of angst was working its way through her body. She held the phone tightly before hurling it towards the wall to her right, making the screen shatter and the battery fall out.

"What the fuck?!" Max cried out as she lifted her upper body so she was sitting on the bed. A tear escaped her right eye and began slowly working its way down her cheek before dripping down onto the bed from her chin. Her whole body was shaking as another tear quickly followed the first one. Her heart was beating fast and an uncomfortable, lasting chill went through her spine. Looking down, she couldn't help but to begin sobbing, having a hard time to focus her mind. After shedding several more tears, Max got up from the bed and grabbed her clothes; while thoughts were shuffling through her head, she quickly put on her underwear and pants, followed by her pink t-shirt. She tightened her first, going through emotions of anger and devastation.

I can't take this. I can't take this.

Max suddenly got an image of Chloe inside her head. Her smile. Her voice. She felt disgusted. Everything was shattering...

"Not going to lie" A voice sounded as the door opened.

"I was a little bummed out that you didn't join me in the shower," Chloe said as she entered the room with wet hair and a new set of clothes.

"Wow," she exclaimed as she saw pieces of her phone on the ground.

"Max?" She let out quietly, looking at Max that was standing before her, looking down at the floor, barely moving.

It annoyed every fiber in her being, that somehow, hearing Chloe's voice brought a sense of happiness to Max. A feeling she quickly discarded as she looked up at Chloe, still with tears stuck under her eye.

"Fuck..." Max tried to keep her voice down. She couldn't think straight. Her emotions had taken over.

"FUCK YOU!" Max suddenly yelled out while looking intensely at Chloe, tears shattering on the floor around her.

Chloe got startled from the sudden yell. She widened her eyes, looking utterly confused.

"Max, what's wrong?" She questioned with a soothing voice.

"You are just playing around! You don't give a shit about other people, you fucking disgusting piece of shit!" Max tightened her fist yet again as she made a rapid motion with her arm. Max didn't know where the words came from, but it felt satisfying yelling them out.

"Max..." Chloe lifted her right hand up to her mouth, looking like she was about cry.

"Please, tell me what is going on," she asked with a weeping voice.

"I saw the texts you have been sending! You are sleeping with some fucker, while calling me a bitch!" Max's voice cracked as her vision went blurry due the moisture in her eyes.

Chloe took a step closer with tears appearing from her eyes.

"Stop yelling, please. I haven't been texting anyone beside you the last 2 days," Chloe tried to say with a calm voice.

"You just got a fucking message from him! All this time, you have just been lying for your own selfish reasons!" Max could feel her body burning.

"Is this just because I have these powers?! You think it would be cool to have a friend that could turn back time?!" Her throat was hurting from yelling, but the words slipped out of her mouth with ease.

"I was friends with you before I knew you had those powers! Don't accuse me of shit I didn't do!" Chloe said with a sudden angry voice.

"Right, but you just happen to love me after I tell you all about it! You have always been selfish. It's always everyone else that is burdening you. You hate your stepfather because you have this twisted idea that he is out to 'get you'" Max took a breath, but quickly continued.

"After your dad died, you have done nothing but blame everyone else for your problems!" Max knew that it was wrong to say it, but there was nothing, that could make her regret saying it. Chloe needed to feel just as shitty as Max did.

"What does that have to do with anything?! You have a family that loves you! I had nothing and you fucking left me when I needed you the most! And you're calling me selfish?!" Chloe tensed her body as she took another step forward, looking angrily at Max.

"At least..." Max paused, she thought about her words this time.

"At least I didn't lie to you. I didn't say that you were the most important thing to me and the proceed to use you. You did that to me..." Max felt her anger being put on hold.

"That is unforgiveable," she let out quietly.

"I- I don't..." Chloe suddenly snapped as her words turned into nothing but crying noises.

"I don't want to see you like this," She managed to say in between breaths.

Max's heart was racing. "You don't have to see me at all," Max said more calmly than before as she began walking towards the door.

"Fuck you!" Chloe suddenly yelled out.

"I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, but you are not leaving me! Not again!" Barely a second passed before Max walked past Chloe. She saw a look of regret in Chloe's eyes.

"MAX! Listen to me!" Chloe yelled out as she turned around to see Max opening the door.

"Talk to me... tell me what you saw. Whatever it was, I swear to you that it isn't true..." Chloe could barely keep herself standing.

"I don't want to be alone," she paused.

"I don't want to be alone," she repeated with a lower voice.

Max felt her heart sink. Her head was hurting, but she couldn't get herself to do anything, but to walk out the door and closing it behind her... walking away with the fading sounds of a crying girl.

...

A few hours passed, with nothing but walking through Arcadia Bay with a headache. Her body had been tense the whole way, while feelings of anger had taken over her emotions. Every person she walked past looked at her, as if she was a freak. She wanted to punch every single being that surrounded her. She was just able to control herself before she saw her academy. Max had figured it was around 8 o'clock, so she would most likely be late for her first class. Not that any of it mattered though. As she walked through the main entrance leading to the outside school-area, she was met with a few tired faces from people who probably failed to get enough sleep. Max avoided eye contact the best that she could and walked directly towards her dormitory. Max kept focusing her thoughts on her bed to keep from getting over-emotional, before she was able to be alone. A laugh coming from some kid entered Max' ear, before she found herself at the entrance to the girl's rooms. With quick movements, Max pushed the door open and began walking towards her room; all her surroundings were blurred, so she went by memory and instincts. She could feel the anger pushing from the inside.

Max saw a girl, standing around at the opposite door leading to Max's room. Short hair, expensive clothes and an atmosphere that reeked of bitch.

"Late again, Max?" It was Victoria.

"Had a sleepover with that blue-haired friend of yours?" She said as she walked in front of Max's path.

Victoria stood only a few meters away, but Max didn't show any intensions of slowing down her walking speed.

"I think she's a bad influence on you," Victoria said with a crooked smile.

There was no response from Max as she quickly raised her right arm, pulled her hand back while clinching her first and furiously punched Victoria in her unprepared, crooked mouth. With a light scream, Victoria stumbled over her own legs and fell to the ground. Max's could feel the pain in her fist, but the adrenaline that was rushing through her body blurred it all out. Barely a second passed before Max opened her palm while breathing heavily, as she went on to reverse time. She closed her eyes, only for a second before she lowered her hand. Victoria was standing before her again, still having that crooked smile. Nothing had happened. Again, Max quickly lifted her arm and repeated her actions. She punched the unaware Victoria once more, in order to hear her scream again. To feel the sensation to finally being able to deal with one of her problems. Again, as soon as Victoria hit the ground, Max turned back time, only to feel her fist on a bitch's face once more. It felt good. Like her fist was pend up with anger and released every time she threw a punch. Only this time, as Victoria was lying on the ground she let some time pass, looking at the fallen girl before her. She was breathing quickly as she held her hand to her mouth. Covering up the blood appearing from her lower lip. "What the hell!" Victoria finally had enough time to yell out.

"You won't remember this, but listen to me;" Max looked down at Victoria with anger in her eyes.

"Stop fucking messing with me. Stop trying to tear me down to make yourself feel better. Stop throwing shit on me while I am in the fucking shower!" Max yelled out the last sentence.

"Fuck. I don't know what you're talking about!" Victoria said as she began crawling away.

Max took a final glance at Victoria on the ground. She was scared. The untouchable angel with hidden horns was frightened. Everything in Max's body urged her to walk away, but she knew she couldn't. Grinding her teeth, Max turned back time one final time with closed eyes, to make it as if nothing had happened. Victoria stood before her, having just finished her sentence, unaware that Max had punched her three times. This time, Max chose to ignore her words and instead walked past her. Her heart was beating fast; she wanted to do it again. It took all her willpower to block out Victoria's final words.

"Go ahead and walk away"

Max entered her room and slammed the door behind her. A good amount of her energy had been released, resulting in an overwhelming sensation of tiredness.

I wish Victoria could remember it. Remember how it feels to be hopeless. If it weren't because I would expelled, I would have left her on the ground.

A mixed feeling of satisfaction and disgust was rushing through Max. However good it felt to punch Victoria, she knew that her bloody face would be stuck in her head for a long time. Making her recall her violent actions. Max felt worn out. Her sadness had disappeared with the tears and her anger had faded away with her actions. Only tiredness remained. There was no mental discussion about whether or not she should skip school today.

Max sighed before sitting down on the chair before her. In front of her was the open notebook she was writing in the other day. She read the final words on the page.

let me embrace tomorrow.

She looked at the sentence for a couple of seconds, recalling her emotions at the time she wrote that hopeless sentence. An amount of time passed until she felt her phone vibrating in her front pocket. Max barely had the energy to take out her phone and unlocking it, but as she did, she was met with an odd message.

NEW MESSAGE

[Ms. Grant - 8th October 9:07]

Hello Max.

I noticed you did not show up at science class today. Remember, if you are sick, you need to inform the school board. I have sent you a link with the assignments we worked with today on the school's website. If you are feeling better, I want you to answer question 1-5. Good recovery.

- Michelle Grant.

As unexpected as it was, Max couldn't help to give off a little smile.

Ms. Grant is so sweet. It's a school policy that the teachers must have means of contacting us, but Ms. Grant is the only one who actually sends text messages to her students.

Max looked at the time on her phone.

Wait. Science class is not even on my schedule today... and it's only 8:12. School hasn't even started yet.

Max looked through the message yet again, until she noticed date and time the message was sent.

8th of October 9:07? That was yesterday. Why did I receive the message now?

Max looked at her phone confused.

I didn't even miss science class yesterday. I even talked to Ms. Grant that day. She must have sent the message by mistake.

Max decided that she would find Ms. Grant later today and ask her about it, but for now, all she wanted to do, was to write down a few final thoughts and take a rest. Max grabbed the black pen that had been waiting to be used again, lying next to the open notebook. She began writing on the same page, not wanting to leave empty space in her notebook.

I'm starting to think that this time travel shit, only makes things worse. I have weird dreams, I get headaches and now I am getting a habit of using it to punch people and pretend as if nothing has happened.

Max was able to fill out the page, before she flipped it over. The first thing she noticed on the blank page was that it wasn't actually blank. Hints of scribbled words could vaguely be seen all across the page, as if they had been erased.

What the hell?

Max couldn't recall a time where she had been erasing her notes, so seeing a whole page erased seemed odd. She stared at the words, trying to figure out what it said.

Not a dr... drug?

The first sentence was impossible to make out. Max quickly scanned the page to see if she could find a sentence that was easier to read.

Rewind to see ... words?

A single word was erased too well to see it, but the rest was quite clear. As if wasn't meant to have been erased. Max could only imagine the sentence going 'Rewind to see the words'

which confused Max even more. All the words looked like Max's handwriting and the sentences spoke of things only she could know about, but nothing looked familiar.

Rewind to see the words? Whatever you say notebook.

Max was curios enough to give it a try it as she lifted her right hand and began focusing, while looking down into her notebook. Though she felt time reversing, none of the words became visible. Max quickly felt the pain in her head from using her powers, but just before she lowered her arm, the page flipped backwards. It didn't surprise Max, as she recently turned the page, so it only made sense the page would turn back again. Something did catch Max's attention though, as she looked down on the notes she had just written. It no longer said the same things.

It has been going on for so long. I have to try it out tomorrow. Whether or not I want it... this will be the final time I use my powers.

A sharpening pain forced Max to stop the reversing as her hand was brought down and the notes returned to normal. Max quickly shook her head before re-reading her notes. The text had returned to normal.

What the hell was that? Goddammit, I need to do it again.

Max prepared for the pain to come, but she was too confused to let it go. She took a few breaths as she closed her notebook and opened it back up on page 1.

Wohoo! I finally got accepted into Blackwell.

Max quickly stopped reading. She wasn't interested in what she knew the notebook said. She was interested in what it might say when she reversed time. Max had never assumed she could see anything out of the ordinary while reversing time. However, she often closed her eyes while it was happening, due to the pain of using her powers.

Bracing herself, Max lifted her arm yet again, took a breath and began reversing time while focusing on the notebook. All the words disappeared, but wasn't replaced with anything new. Max quickly turned the page. Still nothing. As she turned the page again, she finally noticed some words scribbled down.

2th October, my second day at Blackwell Academy. It's weird how you meet the bad apples first in a place like this. Some girl named Victoria threw some white powder on me while I was taking a shower this morning. I spent 20 minutes getting that shit off. She is quite clearly the bitch of the school. Along with Nathan. He showed up to my room after classes and began laughing at-

"Too much!" Max had to stop the reversing yet again, due to an overwhelming sensation of pain, but the information she got was clearly more than she expected. Max widened her eyes as she recalled the words written down.

2th October was a fucking week ago! Victoria threw the powder on me yesterday and I didn't even write it down. What the hell is going on?!

A feeling of angst creeped up on Max. She was recalling the second day of Blackwell. Most of it seemed to be a blur, but as she took the memories systematic, she could vaguely recall spending a long time in the showers that day.

Max nearly jumped up as her phone that was placed on the table began vibrating. She quickly wondered if she could have reversed time enough so that Ms. Grant's text message would be received again. That didn't seem to be the case though, when Max noticed the message was from an unknown number.

NEW MESSAGE

[503-659-4950 - 8:13]

Max, it's me, Chloe. Please read this message.

I am not going to say anything about our fight, but I placed my Sim-card into one of my step-dad's old phones (Since you broke my phone) I was able to go through my messages and the only guy I have been talking to is Matt. He was my old boyfriend, but we broke up over a year ago. I don't know how and why you saw those messages and thought they were recent... if you want to say something, text. Don't call.

A weird feeling passed by, when Max saw the message was from Chloe. It was somehow comforting to know that Chloe cared enough to try to explain herself, however strange the message was.

But it said 'new message'. It doesn't make any sense that the texts were over a year old.

Max could feel a connection starting to appear. It was odd, but the text from Ms. Grant, Victoria throwing powder on her, and Chloe's old boyfriend. It's all something that happened in the past, but was presented to Max as an occurrence happening in the present. As if memories were erased from the past and placed in the present, but somehow when she reversed time, she saw things that hasn't happened yet...

If Victoria didn't throw the powder on me yesterday, then why are my arms red? And it still doesn't make sense that Mrs. Grant would text me, saying that I didn't show up... and Chloe and Matt...

Max couldn't wrap her head around it, but before she wanted to jump to conclusions, she had one more thing in mind she wanted to check. Max kept her attention on her phone as she opened up the inbox. Her body was almost shivering as she pressed on Chloe's name. The most recent texts appeared. Max could feel her heart beating faster. She swallowed before taking a deep breath and lifting up her right arm. Her focus was kept on the messages from Chloe. Max had to squint her eyes as she reversed time once more. Everything looked grey as she could hear the pages in her notebook turning. Max tensed her body as she looked at the most recent message on her phone.

[Chloe <3 - 10th October 11:25]

Max, you did everything you could, but despite what I once said, your powers can't change fate. I know you would go through hell to change the past, but nothing will ever make me change my mind. I hope you understand, or at the very least, I hope you know that... that I wish I could hold you as held me on that day, but you need to keep going. You have something to fight for and so do I. That is why I need to do this. Thank you for not leaving me. I love you.

End of chapter 2.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

57 5 8
I had never fit in anywhere. If you had white hair and freakishly bright silver eyes, that people swear swirls sometimes, that'd be a pretty difficul...
4.5K 156 30
after Pitch Perfect 3 Perfect Life??? Perfect was yesterday! To Beca everything seemed perfect because she thought Chloe was happy and that's the o...
145 5 5
Everybody knows the story of Life is Strange. Max gets time travel powers, saves her friend Chloe, and causes a tornado to hit Arcadia Bay. There's a...
185 12 12
This story is like Romeo and Juliet. Chloe is a straight A student with a good background, while Elijah is failing student with a bad background. The...