The subtle World of Terraria

By FreiPixelz

Evan Langford wakes up in the game world of Terraria, bewildered and desperate for answers. He quickly realiz... More

0-0. Prologue.
1-1. Waking up. (Arc 1: Terraria Problems - Start)
1-2. Skills and Slimes
1-4. Berserk
Side story: Author Note
1-5. Surviving and Aims
Side Story (Tifa part 1)
Side Story (Tifa part:2)
1-6. Human Kingdom
1-7. Adventurer's Guild
1-8. Time to work (Arc 1: Terraria Problems - Finish)
2-9. The Past catching up. (Arc 2: Cultists Problems - Start)
Side Story (Princess Luna part 1)
Side Story (Princess Luna part 2)
Side Story (Princess Luna part 3)

1-3. Preparation and Ambush.

54 3 0
By FreiPixelz

*Evan POV*

And inside the chest there was!

Chest:
Wand of sparking
6 iron bar
3 lesser health potions
2 invisibility potions
2 gold coin

"WOOHOO" I shouted in excitement.

More chances of survival! And let's not forget, more ways to kick ass. I quickly and excitedly grabbed the wand of sparking and started inspecting it. 'The wand of sparking', a beginner level magic weapon. It looks like a small tree branch with 2 small green leaves attached on its tip. Honestly speaking, if you put this next to a normal tree branch, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Wand of sparking:
Damage: 14 (Magic)
Knockback: none
Mana cost: 2
Critical chance: 14%
Use time: average speed
Tooltip: it creates a small spark that will fly forward and light anything on fire.

Haha! I finally get to use magic! Well, just like with the copper short sword, this is the worst magic tool in the game, but hey! I've never used magic in real life so I'm really excited! I quickly equipped the wand of sparking and swung it. A small spark similar to a small firework spawned and flew forward a bit before it extinguished. That was...

Anti-climatic. Well, it is one of the worst magic weapon in the game. But it still has its uses, for example, it has an extremely high chance of making enemies catch on fire so that's a good thing for some extra passive damage numbers.

And let's not forget that I can dual wield too, so even if it's the worst magic weapon in the game, the ability to set any enemy on fire whenever I want is a big plus in my book, also, I can use the iron bars in the chest to make an anvil. The rest of the things inside the chest has benefits too. Except the invisibility potion, well it does lower the spawn rate of enemies but I don't know how it will work here, so I'll just keep it in my inventory for now.

I made a new wooden workbench since the one I made before is in the middle of nowhere. I'm also wanted to make this place a bit cozier too. so I crafted and placed down a campfire.

Campfire: Life regen is increased when near it.

The health regeneration given by the campfire is almost null. But then again, it's better than nothing. I took a peek at my current health.

Life:
46/100

For some reason, the game calls health 'Life'. I don't mind it but I'm calling it Health because I'm not stupid. Also, while resting, hp regeneration is increased and with the campfire as an added bonus, my natural hp regeneration should hit 1 or 2 hp regen per sec. I checked my status window to make sure and yea, 1.1 HP regen per sec.

Now, I need the basic crafting furnitures. The crafting table is one of them, but I also need a furnace and an anvil. It cost 5 iron bars to make an anvil, which I have thanks to the chest I found. But I need some stones to make the furnace. Which was why I equipped my copper pickaxe and started mining the ground, I didn't want to just make a random hole in the middle of this small cave, so I went to one corner of this place and started swinging my pick there.

Cobblestones can be used to make furnaces yes, but they can also be used to make arrows which I will absolutely need. As long as I can stab my enemies from far away, I shouldn't have to worry about dying, just yet. So, I spent the next few minutes mining cobblestone. There was only dirt in this cave but after digging down for a little bit, I did find some cobblestones.

"Alright, time to cook up some new stuff." I told myself, almost enjoying the process.

Terraria's crafting system always instantly make anything I want to make, even cooking or smelting stuff is instantly made. so the iron bars in my inventory formed into an anvil in the fraction of a second. Similar thing happened to the furnace. I placed them both down next to the workbench and then started my crafting spree.

Firstly, I need health potions, and to do that I need to transform my crafting bench into an alchemical bench. And this is done very easily by crafting bottles and placing one on top of a crafting bench. To craft bottles, I needed the furnace. I already scooped up some sand before which caused the slimes chase scene and now that sand is going to be converted to glass after which I'll turn it into Glass Bottles.

With the bottles created, I could make about 6 lesser health potions and along with that, I created 300 Wooden arrows... Honestly, I thought I would be making a bunch more things but I really have nothing else on me aside from a lot of wood and some leftover gel, glass and all those things.

Lesser health potions:
Tooltip:
heals 50 HP but cooldown of 60 sec after using one.

Wooden Arrow:
Damage: 4
Knockback: very weak
Velocity: slow

I wonder if there are skills that I can use with the bow & arrow to become like a stealth archer from skyrim? Nah, that shouldn't be possible... right? Well, If it is. Then no one can stop me from becoming one.

Now then, I finally have good enough gear to face against, normal enemies such as zombies and demon eyes and I can finally take a break. I walked next to the campfire and sat there. The fire crackling noise soothed me as my health slowly regenerated. My mind started relaxing and now that I think about it. So much stuff has happened in the last few hours that it all feels unreal.

I'm not in my real world. I don't have my actual body. I can die any minute if I'm not careful. But despite all the dangers, I feel very calm. I'm betting it's all because of the pain-immunity skill otherwise I don't know how much I would be panicking right now.

...

I have to go back home. My family really needs me. The campfire crackling noise slowly felt like it was trying to console me.

I want to figure out why I'm suddenly in Terraria and I should make some plans about what I will do from here on out but I have no information about anything right now. I can just stay in this small hole and wait for the night to move away, but the sun is still up and Unlike in the game where every minute is an in-game hour, I have a lot of time before night time and I'm also prepared for it as well.

I think that the only thing I can hope to do right now is to try to get an NPC to move in. To do that, building a house is the first requirement, there are different requirements for each specific NPC but I only want the Guide NPC to move in right now. The guide NPC, as his name suggests, Guides players and helps new ones to find a footing in the game as well as suggest to them a lot of tips and goals for what they should try to do.

I don't know how much different the guide will be in here. But right now I feel like he's my only hope. The problem is, I want to create a small house in this tiny cave but I feel like I will have to mine out all the dirt and replace it with wood. Unlike the game, I don't know if specific things such as building a house in a cave will interfere with me building a house, so just in case, I will build my first house outside in the open.

Well, I can't tell the time in here but when I came into this hole, the sun was high up, so I guess can still waste some time mining around for more ores and stuff. Let's see if I can get lucky.

*40 Minutes Later*

Annnnnd that was a flippen waste of time. Just more clay, dirt and stone. I found some copper and iron too, but not enough to do anything with it. I guess I should stop wasting time now and finally start making a house now. Since the NPC can only move in during daytime, the best course of action would be to make a house now so I don't have to waste a night doing nothing.

I made up my mind and walked to the wooden blocks barricade I had made. I put my ear next to the barricade to hear if the slimes were still there or not. I heard no thudding or wet slimes hopping around so it might be safe. I equipped my pickaxe and slowly broke through the wooden barricade, I kept peeking through the tiny holes I made in between my strikes. I didn't really wanted to get sneak attacked again so kept my guard up. After I completely removed the barricade, I checked my surroundings.

"No hostiles inbound. Proceeding to make a house." I told myself, acting like I was in a spy movie.

Hey, you got to keep yourself entertained somehow. Why am I really talking to myself like this? You might ask, and the answer to that is, well, try being alone for the next few hours without a phone or any human nearby. You'll understand. God, I'm thinking like I'm trying to explain my actions to some over viewer who's watching my every move.

Now then. I have all the wood i need but just in case, let's get some more. I'm thinking of building the house next to the pond where I woke up to. its good enough of an area that I won't have to make many changes to such as, cutting down tree, flattening the earth and all that stuff.

A few minutes passed as I was finally here. I didn't care about anything else and started taking measurements of the house I was going to build. I want to build something a little bit fancier than a large box with a door taped to its side, but my true aim was something that I can make quickly without requiring many materials. After making the right measurements, I started building.

Surprisingly, I was having fun, for now I was making the floor, turning it from dirt into wood and then slowly working towards the walls. The birds were chirping and I saw some rabbits hopping to the lake, sipping and quenching their thirst.

It was calm. So calm that I didn't notice the looming dark cloud above me. By that what I mean is that it slowly became dark.

I looked towards the sun and it had a beautiful red and orange shade...

As it was slowly setting down.

Well...

Shit.

"It's 6 pm right now, Isn't it?" I said to myself helplessly.

This means that zombies will start spawning now, and they are a Flippen Bitch to take care of right now with my current gear.

Alright, Evan. You got this.

You've survived countless situations like these in the game and you can do this again in real life, what else have you been training all these years for? You always wanted a zombie apocalypse and now you're going to get one. I hurried the building of my house but I couldn't even create one side of the wall when they suddenly came...

Horrifying and disgusting with their gray/green skin which would fall off little by little. They made small groans every now and then as if they were in eternal pain. Some didn't even have an eye. And some didn't have an arm. That's right, these guys are way horrifying here then they were in the game.

"Holy shit. You guys look like my Ex..... Well I don't have one but y'all know what I mean, right?" I said to the zombies, thinking they might not be brain dead, but smart and they might just start joking back with me in response.

"GRAHHH!" said the zombie, completely angered by my words. "I'll take that as a yes." I responded to whatever the zombie said.

I'm relatively calm considering the fact that there's a flippen horde of them walking up to me. Well, there's like four of them in front of me right now, but if I don't take care of them right now then I'll easily get overrun and beaten. This is bad, isn't it? If I really do get surrounded here, there's no chance of survival. That is unless I complete my house.

I quickly placed some torches down nearby for the long run as it was going to turn really dark in a little while. I considered my options very well. I got my sword, my bow and my wand ready to be used anytime. I stood atop the half-created wall I had made and equipped my bow.

I thought I would have to keep taking arrows out of my inventory if I wanted to fire my bow but no, I only have to pull the string for an arrow to spawn from my inventory to the bow nock, which is really handy.

I started shooting arrows at the zombies, but sadly I have no real life training with the bow so all my shots were missing. This is bad, I thought the bow would work just like in the game where I only had to aim and the rest of the things would happen by themselves but I actually need training with the bow if I want to use it correctly.

Regardless I kept shooting, hoping some stray arrows would hit the zombies and chip away some of their health before they got into melee range. Thankfully though, One of the stray arrows finally hit the zombie and I unlocked a new skill.

*Skill Unlocked: Bow Mastery (Lvl: 1) *

Oh hey! That's just like the sword mastery skill I unlocked before. Hopefully, it does the same things the Sword mastery skill does but for a bow. Only one way to test it out, I aimed at one of the zombies head that was nearest me and fired. The arrow flew in an arc and hit straight at the chest of the zombie.

Eh, close enough.

Looks like I'm going to be relying on these skills quite a lot from here on out. Best to find a way to level them up later. I focused back at the zombies that were slowly coming near me.

The only good thing about fighting these guys is that they are very slow. I kept shooting as fast as I could and 3 arrows slowly landed on the zombie closest to me and then another arrow landed on his face before he collapsed.

4 arrows for 1 zombie huh?

The other zombies were groaning as they got really close to me, so I quickly switched to the wooden sword in my right hand and the wand in my off-hand. As I stood on top of a 2 feet-tall incomplete wall, I pointed my wand at one of the zombies and thought of casting it. A fire spark instantly formed at the end of the wand and shot forward, enveloping the zombie it hit into fire.

"Nice." I said as I watched the zombie start becoming barbequed.

*Skill Unlocked: Fire Spark*

Even more nice. I thought to myself as I jumped towards the burning zombie and struck it down with my wooden sword.

-7

*Skill Unlocked: Jump Attack*

I'm going to unlock so many skills right now because of two facts. One, I have like 4 combat skills and there's so many i haven't unlocked yet. And two, I'm surrounded by enemies.

While I was thinking about the skills I was unlocking, I didn't notice the edge of the sword that struck the fire zombie had somehow also caught fire. this wasn't supposed to happen! I started flailing it around so it might extinguish itself but the fire kept on growing. Is my wooden sword going to completely burn up now?! I'm completely screwed if that happens!

And, just then.

*Skill unlocked: Weapon magic enhancement*

...

I'm sorry what? What is that? How did I even unlock it?

Well, I don't know how I unlocked it but there is a way to find out what it does.

[Weapon Magic Enhancement!] (Me)

I shouted as if it would help me to tell my enemies exactly what I was doing. The fire at the edge of the sword which was slowly becoming bigger was stopped and something strange happened. At the hilt of the sword, A new fire was ignited that was brighter and bigger then the fire at the edge of the wooden sword. This new fire quickly enveloped the rest of the blade where there was no fire. It even enveloped the weak fire that was at the edge of the blade.

Holy shit! MY SWORD!

At first I was worried that I was gonna lose my sword, after swinging it around, I noticed it was completely fine. My wooden sword had just become a Fire wooden sword. The handle was not enveloped with fire, so I was awestruck at the fact that I was holding a Legit Fire sword in my hands.

Skesh! I felt something clawing my back.

-47

Shit! I need to focus back on the fight and not the sword!

I blindly swung my fire sword behind me to hit whatever enemy who just tried to sneak-attack me and luckily hit the zombie that was trying to hide behind me

-15

I dealt a little more damage than normal and the zombie was caught on fire.

I'm still a little pissed that the damage I deal is no way near to the amount of damage they deal to me. Another zombie tried to attack me, but thanks to my good reflexes I saved myself by dive rolling out of harm's way.

*Skill unlocked: Reflex upgrade*

I felt like the world slowed down a tiny bit. It was quite bizarre. I guess the reflex upgrade skill that I unlocked slows everything else around me a little bit.

I quickly drank a health potion so I won't get killed by any stray attack.

+50

Well, that's better, but there's still like 3 zombies left and two are on fire and... Oh, one of them collapsed, looks like they are weakened by fire so I'll use that to my advantage! I used my wand on the one zombie that was not on fire and used my blazing sword to cut down the other. They all died and I was no longer surrounded again.

That was really close, I thought that as I turned around and quickly started working on completing the walls again.

I only completed 2 of the 4 walls before another 6 zombies came.

Ugh! There's no flippen end to them is there!

Luckily, I had already placed the workbench in the middle of where I was going to make my house. I ran up to it and quickly made some Fire arrows by combining torches with normal arrows. After that, I jumped up on one of the walls and started shooting down the zombies one by one.

[I HAVE THE FLIPPEN HIGH GROUND BITCHES!!!] (Me)

Let's cross that off my bucket list. I felt invincible as I took down the zombies one by one So much so that I was getting a bit careless in front of the zombies.

Just then, I felt something hit me from above.

-61

It felt like I was hit on the head with a sledge hammer. But thanks to Pain Immunity, I didn't really felt any of it. I fell down from the high ground and into the soft grass.

Oh no.

I touched the back of my head and I could feel blood oozing out of my skull. I was probably hit by a demon eye. It's a giant eye the size of one's head who also flies for some reason. The Zombies saw me lying down on the ground and saw the chance, they slowly started to surround me.

I quickly stood up and drank another lesser health potion only 4 of these left with a cooldown of 60 seconds.

+50

Alright, looks like I need to keep watch of the sky this time as well. It's time to wreck shit up. I kept my eye on anything moving, whether on the ground or the dark sky, I also kept peeking behind me to make sure I won't get sneak attacked.

I parried one of the zombies swing from one side and used the wand to burn the zombie on the other side.

Parry and counter attack. That's what I should do.

This went for what felt like ages but It was probably a few minutes. I can't keep going like this. Sure I have a fire sword, and a magic wand, but the damage I deal is far too less. If only there was a weapon that dealt a bit more damage.

Wait, I have an idea!

If I can get a zombie arm which is a blue tier melee weapon then I can survive this night. Two hits from that bad boy will bring any of these Zombies down! HAHA! be positive, me! If I can survive this kind of situation in a game then I can definitely do that in real life too. Just a plan is all I need.

I deflected another zombie attack and punched his face with the wand to keep distance.

Now finding the zombie arm is gonna be a pain in the ass since I can't just yoink it out of them. I have to kill them for the drop, and if I remember correctly the elite zombie has a better chance of dropping one as they use one for attacking.

I sliced off the head of a zombie with my burning sword and a few silver coins fell out of him. I quickly switched to my bow and shot 2 fire arrows at another zombie before switching back to my blazing sword and using the jump attack to deal the final blow.

The only problem with killing the elites is that they are twice as hard to kill, with higher health pool and more damage.

I switched to my bow and shot some fire arrows in the air to get rid of the annoying demon eye. I switched back to my blazing sword to block another zombies attack.

*Skill Unlocked: Bow Mastery (Lvl: 2)*

*Skill unlocked: Fearless*

I heard notifications but I was too focused on my offense and defense that I just ignored it.

I kept fighting them on and on.

There's just no flippen end to them! I keep killing and more of these assholes just keep coming.

I just heard a zombie groans from behind me and quickly looked behind.

Oh no.

The zombie was just too close to me. This one was different from the others. It was holding some other zombies, lone arm by its shoulders. This was an elite zombie. I tried to strike him away, but I was too slow.

He swung his makeshift weapon and I had to take the full brunt of that attack.

I got hit and the whole world turned upside down

-108 (Crit)

What?

No.

NO!

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 632 41
Grian spotted something floating above his base. As he flys closer to it he realizes it's a portal! Accidentally getting to close he gets sucked in! ...
39K 1.1K 20
The United Star of Gaia, an advanced space faring human civilization comes across a fantasy like planet in their journey to explore the star. This is...
6.1K 349 18
(This is a Dream SMP au. I don't know much about Dream SMP, so there will be a lot of mistakes. Also things will purposely be different because it's...
793 28 28
When the captain of the army, Lucas, returns home victorious after the great war, all he wants is to be with his princess, Lorien. However, his joy w...