BLACK WOLF - GoT [s1 - s4]

Von evelynsterlingg

"she wasn't afraid to be herself. when everyone said, [be a lamb], she showed her fangs, and became a wolf."... Mehr

BLACK WOLF
act 1 - bastard girl
001 - desertion
002 - life and death
003 - the royal arrival
004 - a woman at the wall
005 - mother figure
006 - a needle in a haystack
008 - slaughter of pigs
009 - screw jeor mormont
010 - a flightless bird
011 - prettier than a mole town whore
012 - broken promises
013 - cowardly tarly
014 - uncle benjen
015 - myths and traitors
act two - and now my watch begins
016 - frost-bitten decisions
017 - first kills and friendships

007 - unbreakable tower

293 6 0
Von evelynsterlingg

"my eyes refuse to watch you leave, so tears will blur the memory." - perry poetry

———

    Packing did not take long for Aloy and Jon. A couple pieces of burnt bread, an empty leather bottle for water and their swords. Iron Arrow was taken out of her stall, Aloy taking extra time thanking the stable hands. She hitched the mare to a post, giving her an affectionate pat.
    Iron Arrow was quick to fill her mouth with as many oats and straws of hay, the mare was intelligent to know that herself and her rider would not be staying in Winterfell for much longer.
Aloy was unsure where she stood with the bonds concerning her family. Jon hasn't been told about Catelyns' scream fit towards his older sister and Robb certainly took his mothers side on the matter. Bran was unconscious, laying in the same position for weeks inside a tower. Rickard was nowhere to be found, still too young to comprehend the events surrounding him.
    Aloy let out a fatigued sigh, she was leaving most of her family in a ruin of her emotions. Her father torn between his wife and his bastard daughter.

"Are you alright?" The mature voice of Robb was behind her.

Aloy turned her shoulder. Robb was prepared, residing in the chilled look of a Lord. She shrugged her shoulders, reaching her hand and pulling out a horse brush.

Aloy softly brushed Iron Arrows rough coat, "I'm fine. Yourself?"

    "Alright. It's not fun seeing everyone leave but I don't look bad in Lord clothes." Robb said, stretching his arms out and displaying the thick regal bear coat around his shoulders.

    "Shall the fair maidens be lining up for you, My Lord."

    The pair chuckled together. Aloy finished with Iron Arrow, leaving her to chew on the oats. Robb smiled, bringing his younger sister in for a tight hug. Neither of them brought up the incident.

    "Next time I'll see you, you'll be in all black." He commented, keeping a tender hand on her shoulder.

    Aloy shared a smile. Her brother would always be an inspiration to her, a reminder to keep fighting.

    "You'd best be off. Sansa is most likely clinging onto Joffrey's arm." Aloy dryly laughed.

    Robb's smile faltered, he kissed his sister on the forehead, bidding his final goodbye. Aloy despised that.

——

    Aloy was saving the most difficult task. Inside the kennels were mutts made for hunting, tracking and defence. One mutt was not like the rest, a large dog with the only thought of killing anyone who opposed her. Nyx was huddled in the corner, feasting on a dry bone of a week-old deer.
    Aloy unlocked the iron door. Nyx sat up straight, snarling menacingly.

    "We both know you're too starving to bite." Aloy stated as if the wolf spoke the common tongue. She left the cage door open.

    Around the she-wolfs neck was chain keeping her a safe distance away from the iron bars. Aloy crouched down to Nyxs' level. The apprehension in the wolfs' grey eyes was rare, she was beaten down. Aloys' heart stung, a piece of Nyx was seen floating around in her mind. The two were bound by an impression, the same life.

    "I'm setting you free. You can hunt as many deer as you want, maybe find another wolf...one you won't eat." Aloy spoke, breaking the collar. "I won't gain your trust. I've barely garnered your respect. I can grant your freedom."

    Nyx snapped her jaws at the air. The dust and bugs flying off her fur when she shook. Nyx craned her head backwards, the eyes gazed into her soul, prying open the wounds that were left for a decade and six years. Never would have Aloy thought that the one she connected with most, would've been a wolf she was setting free.

    "Join me. Come with me to The Wall." Aloy muttered.

    Nyx rumbled darkly, letting out a howl before running off. Aloy squeezed her eyes shut, opening them after a shallow exhale. The spirit of the wolf was too strong to calm and too irritating to listen to. Aloy convinced herself the she wolf belonged to the wild, leaving it at that.

——

The travelling party had set off. Tyrion Lannister was leading the bastards of Winterfell to the Wall. Aloy kept a keen eye on the sliver carriage designed with dire wolf sigils. Inside was Catelyn and her sisters, the youngest and most precious things in her life.

"Already feeling homesick?" Tyrion said, taking a large gulp of wine from his travellers canteen.

"What home?" Aloy answered, not breaking the stare.

Tyrion grinned, looking back at the woman bastard.

    "Everyone finds their calling, especially at the edge of the wall." Tyrion raised his canteen into the air.

    Uncle Benjen shot a nasty look to Tyrion. He hated encouraging Aloy for joining The Wall, giving her other options before departing Winterfell. The woman was too stubborn to take them. Aloy was a stone tower, weathering storms, the attacks of men and more. An unbreakable tower, an unbreakable woman.
    Ned Stark stood between the fork in the road. To the left was the road to Kings Landing. To the right was The Wall. Jon and Aloy exchanged a knowing look, ushering their horses into a brisk trot, meeting their father.
    He did not speak till the final wagon left down the path. Uncle Benjen and Tyrion waited a few steps to the right.

    Ned began with praise, "It's a great honour serving in the Nights Watch. Starks have manned the Wall for thousands of years."

    Jon and Aloy retained themselves, their stomachs cramping painfully. Aloy looked down the left path, the Stark carriage disappeared, never to be seen the same way again.

    "And you are Starks. You might not have my name but you have my blood."

    Jon and Aloy observed their father keenly. Both of them were unsure if Ned meant it or not, only saying it for the sake of not seeing his bastard children anymore.

    "Are our mothers alive? Do they know about us? Where they are? Where we are going? Does she care?" Jon continued on.

    Aloy not ever considered Jon to be a half-sibling. She always imagined they had the same mother, whether she was a whore or not. Aloy wanted that sense of comfort, a sibling that was fully related to her, someone to rely on. Jon did his best to complete that wish.

    The Lord Of Winterfell did not speak until he found the right words, "The next time we see each other. We will talk about your mothers. I promise."

    He clicked his horse, cantering down the old dirt path, catching up with his own travelling party. Aloy's pit within her stomach grew, crushing her lungs and stretching her ribs till they were sore. No matter how many times Ned looked at her wrong, how many times he'd ignore them like rodents, she'd still love him.
    Jon watched his father leave, the worn expression on his face spoke more value than words. Aloy pulled her shoulders back, lifting her chin high.
    The siblings did not speak a word to each other, listening to the mindless chatter Tyrion Lannister provided.

——

word count - 1,198

this is mind dump. im sick with a fever but game of thrones season 8 is basically keeping me alive. im watching peaky blinders next, very excited. love you all <3

tiktok - eviesterlingg_wpedits

spotify - eviesterlingg
playlist - aloy snow

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

508K 18.5K 56
❝ it seems that i have underestimated you, princess. ❞ ❝ that was your first mistake. coming here unarmed will be your last. ❞ ┃prince...
209K 6.5K 36
snow touching stars is a rare thing. a jon snow fanfiction| game of thrones A Targaryen and a Vela were always meant to be together. But when...
559 48 48
Having witnessed her father's beheading, Ilyanna Stark must now protect her sister and ensure they survive the evolving game of thrones. Will the She...
388 23 20
[This is work of Fan-Fiction and I don't claim any right to George R.R Martin's novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire, or HBO's Game of Thrones]. This...