๐˜๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ~ ๐˜š๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ...

By Duskprincess89

"๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š ๐ก๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž," "๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐š๐ ๏ฟฝ... More

~ ๐˜๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ~
~ ๐˜ผ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™จ ~
~ ๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š: ๐™‡๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™๐™š๐™™ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค: ๐™Š๐™ช๐™ง ๐™‰๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š: ๐™Ž๐™๐™–๐™™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™‚๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง: ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ง ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™Ž๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฌ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™Ž๐™ž๐™ญ: ๐™‰๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™’๐™–๐™จ ๐™€๐™ญ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐˜ฟ๐™ค ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ˆ๐™š? ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™€๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ: ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ง๐™™ ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™˜๐™ž๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ! ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™€๐™ก๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ˆ๐™š ๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™„๐™จ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ซ๐™š: ๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐˜ผ๐™—๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐˜ผ ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™˜๐™š? ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™…๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™š ๐™’๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐˜ฝ๐™š ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ง๐™ซ๐™š๐™™ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™„๐™จ ๐˜ผ ๐™†๐™ช๐™œ๐™š๐™ก๐™—๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฏ? ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ž๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™„ ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™™ ๐˜ผ ๐™๐™ช๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง... ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™Ž๐™ž๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™š๐™จ ๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ˆ๐™š? ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™Š๐™›๐™›๐™š๐™ง ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™€๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐˜ผ ๐™ˆ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™‰๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™‚๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™จ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™Š๐™›๐™› ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ: ๐™Ž๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š: ๐™’๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช... ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ค: ๐™Ž๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™Ž๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š: ๐™Ž๐™๐™š'๐™จ ๐™๐™๐™š ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™๐™๐™–๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™€๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง: ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™€๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™˜๐™  ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š: ๐˜ผ ๐™‰๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™๐™ค ๐™๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ข๐™—๐™š๐™ง ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™ž๐™ญ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ: ๐˜ผ๐™ž๐™ข ๐™๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ, ๐™‚๐™ค ๐™๐™ค๐™ง ๐˜ฝ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ~
~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™€๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ: ๐™ƒ๐™š'๐™จ ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ž๐™š๐™ฃ ~

~ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™‰๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š: ๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™†๐™ž๐™จ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ~

342 20 0
By Duskprincess89

A/n: This chapter contains just a touch of spice!

That same night as Astrid lay on the couch wide awake as ever, a smile formed as she dreamt of her next secret date with Sloane. Obviously, with her reputation as a Sparrow, they wouldn't be able to go out to somewhere nice without risking being caught by citizens or the paparazzi that were eager to start untrue rumors and scandals. So, they would have to settle for another romantic date on the ceiling.

Astrid felt her cheeks glow as she wondered how it would go. They both enjoyed the first time being together, so the second time had to be even better than the last. When she was eventually able to fall asleep, she woke up to find herself completely alone, Allison having gone off with Luther to negotiate with the Sparrows, while Viktor was probably eating breakfast and socializing with the rest of their brothers.

She changed into some comfortable clothes and went downstairs to grab some breakfast. It wasn't nearly as delicious as the breakfast while she was held captive, but she did enjoy the sunrise mimosas, bagels, and mixed fruit salad with the mini chocolate chip muffins. "Triddy! Come sit with us?" Viktor called out to her, noticing her all by her lonesome. "I'm okay, but thanks anyway," Astrid shook her head. "You sure? There's another empty chair if you want it,"

"I'm sure. You can continue with your guy talk," Astrid assured. As she bit into her plain bagel, she heard Sloane's soft voice ticking off the different types of butter during the Sparrow's breakfast. Cashew butter, almond butter, sunflower butter, tahini, Brazil nut. The longer she thought about her forbidden gravity princess, her loving and admiring smile shone brightly through the rest of the seating area. Little did she know that her brothers caught sight of it, wondering who or what was making her so happy.

"What's up with her?" Diego whispered lowly. "Either she's been bitten by a deer tick, or I would say Astrid's thinking about someone special," Viktor speculated. Diego scoffed as he looked back at the Shadow Girl. "What? You don't think it's possible she may have found love and never told us?" Viktor squinted. "How could she find love? We've been dealing with apocalypse after apocalypse. There's been no time for romance," Diego shook his head. "I fell in love, remember? With Sissy? So did you with Lila," Number Seven reminded him.

The Kraken shook his head, muttering that he didn't have to be reminded of that, especially since Stanley might've been the product of that brief romance. "What are you guys talking about?" the tween questioned, popping his head out and resting it on Diego's shoulder. "Oh, just guy stuff," Viktor shrugged. "Well, I'm a guy, so can I join?" "No, it's stuff you wouldn't understand," Diego dismissed. Stanley mimicked him under his breath before continuing with his consistent nagging.

Just as Diego stood from his seat to take on the parental duties, Allison and Luther returned from their talk with the Sparrows. "So, how did it go?" Viktor questioned. "It was fine. They're meeting us here in a few hours, and we told them we would give back Marcus in exchange for the briefcase," Allison answered. "What? Why would you do that? You know we don't have him!" Number Seven gaped. "Well, they don't know that!" Allison insisted.

"What are we gonna do when they show up and find out we don't have him?" Viktor panicked. "That's what I asked her!" Luther jumped in. Allison rolled her eyes behind her pair of thick sunglasses, "We'll figure that out when they get here. We're powerful superheroes, it's time we started acting like it," "Like how you almost turned a conversation with Ben into a street fight?" Luther inquired.

Viktor's eyes widened slightly as the Ape-man and Rumor quietly argued, trying not to draw attention from the other tables. "Come on, Allison. It's not like you to do that!" Luther sighed. "What is that supposed to mean?" Allison hissed. "It is kind of weird you have a hair-trigger temper. Usually, you're the calm and collected one," Viktor reasoned.

"And look how well that turned out for me! Guys, we could go home tonight! So for the first time in days, I feel hope. Please don't step on that," Allison pleaded, tucking her sunglasses into her coat pocket. Luther and Viktor looked at each other before back to Number Three. "Okay, but we have to be smart with the way we do this. We know very little about the Sparrows," Luther caved in. "Who cares about them? I've got you guys. No one's gonna win a fight against me, Big Muscles, and my tiny badass brother," Allison replied.

"Well, when we get the briefcase, I'm gonna need it. It's my only way back to Sissy," Viktor stated. "Okay, I've got it," Allison exhaled a tired breath, hoping this little trade-off with the Sparrows would somehow work out. While the present Umbrellas were having the discussion, Astrid finally came up with an idea to make her second secret date with Sloane more romantic. The standard chocolate and dozens of roses had been used countless times by every couple in existence. But what could be more romantic than kicking it old school by putting together a mixtape?

To her luck, Astrid found a tiny radio resting on an empty table. What kind of person leaves a radio lying around?  She shrugged before bringing it over to the bar, where she had more space to put the tape together. All the romantic songs both recent and older were already lined up in her head, from Neil Diamond to Phil Collins. And as she jotted down the song lineup, she sang along to the music unaware that Luther was grabbing himself an early morning glass of liquor, and his ears perked up.

While his adoptive sister closed her eyes swaying to the beat, he gently took the headphones off her head. "Hey! Oh, it's just you," Astrid momentarily glared. "Sorry to interrupt, I was just curious what you were listening to," He explained. "Oh... nothing in particular," Astrid lied, secretly hoping he wouldn't notice the titles on the cassette cases. But the Ape-man decided to check it out for himself.

"Hang on, are you making a mixtape?" He questioned. Astrid's mouth fell halfway open, the words she attempted to say caught in her throat, leaving her a stuttering mess. "Sh-shouldn't you be preparing for the Sparrows?" She asked when she finally pulled herself together. "They won't be here for another few hours, and we still haven't decided on how we're gonna settle this," Luther explained.

"Clearly, fighting them won't solve anything. Look what happened the last time. You got a concussion and a few fractured ribs," The Shadow Girl pointed out. "It's not a concussion, just a... major headache," Luther watered it down. "Uh-huh, if you say so," Astrid squinted before turning on a new song. "Celine Dion? Okay, if you're listening to her, you must be thinking about someone," Number One said, picking up the cassette containing the tracks to Let's Talk About Love.

Astrid sucked in a breath, shaking her head. If any of my siblings should know about this, Luther's the best candidate. "Look, I don't want you to freak out, okay? But I met someone," Number Eight admitted, her cheeks turning red. "Oh? And who is the lucky guy... or girl?" he blinked. "She's a girl, and between you and me, I've never felt happier with anyone else besides her. And I thought maybe she'd like something that expresses what's in my heart,"

"When did you have time to meet someone? The only time you've gone out since we got here was... wait, don't tell me you're in love with one of those Sparrows!" Luther gaped. "Surprise..." Astrid shrugged. Luther buried his face in his hands, shaking his head. "Is it the Venom girl or sunglasses?" He asked. "No, it's the light brunette, Sloane," Astrid clarified. "And she's not like the others. She's really sweet, and she understands me,"

"I try to understand you too!" Luther looked offended. "No, I know you do! I'm just saying when it comes to being bi, Sloane knows some of the struggles I've been through, not being able to express who I am without judgment. I feel safe around her, knowing that she'd fight to protect me just like I would for her," It was rare for Astrid to gush about someone in such detail, but Sloane had captured her heart, keeping it tightly locked away in a chest and refused to let it go. "If we can somehow get our families to settle the dispute, then maybe Sloane and I can fall in love, get married, maybe adopt a kitten or two,"

As she turned her gaze back to her brother and confidant, she could see his face light up. "As long as you both are happy, I've got no problem with it. But a word of advice, maybe don't tell Diego and Allison till after this is settled down," Luther advised. "Trust me, they are the LAST people I would talk about my relationships with. You know they have severe trust issues," Astrid shook her head. "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Sloane's the Gravity one, right?" Luther squinted, trying to recall her powers.

"Yes, she is," Astrid confirmed. "And um, did you guys..." Part of Astrid felt that this conversation was becoming a little bit awkward to discuss, especially in a public setting, but all she responded with was a smile and cheeks that turned a shade lighter. "Luther, you know the old saying, I don't kiss and tell," she insisted. "Aw, come on! Just a little something?" Number One pleaded. Astrid looked around to make sure nobody was eavesdropping, and with a sly smirk, she leaned in closer.

"Well, she does have a few talents, especially when it comes to her mouth," Astrid quickly covered her mouth at her dirty statement, but all Luther did was chuckle in response. "Oh! I know another one!" Astrid gasped when the name of a song popped into her head, and she fumbled with the tapes, eager to find it. Though it may have been weird to some people, Astrid always preferred talking to Luther about the life of a trapped LGBTQ. Sure, he may not have completely understood what it was like to be attracted to both genders instead of one, but he did lend an ear and tried to support her as best he could in the small window of time they had before his accident.

FLASHBACK BEGINS...

It must've been hours since Astrid got kicked out because when she lifted her head that was buried into her pillows, she could see that the sun had already set, and the sky was replaced with a dark hue. Deep down, she didn't want to leave the Academy. She had a very little idea of what the outside world was like. But the one thing she did know was that it could be unforgiving and cruel. She tried to see a bright side to this situation, but at that moment, there was none.

She looked at her pillowcase, completely soaked with her salty tears and running mascara. And as she stood up to grab her suitcase, she felt like a wrung-out dishrag, her legs felt like gelatine with every step she took. As she neatly packed the few graphic and simple colored t-shirts and pants, a knock came from the other side of the door. Her body locked up as she worried that the old man was coming in again to further berate her. But when she heard a soft, "Astrid?" she knew it wasn't him, it was Luther.

The door unlocked and slowly creaked open, Astrid poked her head into the hall, sure enough seeing the concerned look on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked. "You've been crying for the past few hours." Astrid took a hesitant breath as she invited him inside. She knew she'd have to reveal her secret to him sooner or later, though this was not the way she intended for it to happen.

"Why do you have your suitcase out?" Luther inquired. "Because I'm leaving, well I'm being kicked out," Astrid confessed. Luther's eyes widened with shock, "What? Why would Dad kick you out?" Astrid tucked some of her shoes into the case as she explained how she and the old man got into an intense argument, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. "But still, that's so unlike him to do that. If anything, your one of the most level-headed people I know, you and Allison," He responded. "There has to be a reason,"

"Well Luther, sometimes he has his shitty reasons. But his reason for me is because he's a hateful bigot!" Astrid snapped. "He found my journal, read private information, and denied everything I wrote to my face. He even found out something I never intended to tell him," Luther sat on the edge of the bed. "What's the secret?" he questioned. Astrid slowly shook her head, telling him that he may not understand. "I can try to, you can tell me anything," He assured.

Astrid looked him directly in the eyes, feeling her body fill head to toe with anxiety. "I've always felt like something was off about me. Like I wasn't like everybody else. While Alli was gushing about all the cute boys she saw in magazines, I was looking more at the girls. And yeah, some guys were cute too, but there are certain things I found attractive about both of them," Luther's brow quirked up. "Are you trying to say that your gay?" Luther treaded lightly. "I'm trying to say that I'm bi. I like both guys and girls," she clarified.

Luther tried to gather his words. Part of him wondered how he didn't notice she felt that certain way. He was one of her closest siblings growing up, and he thought maybe he hadn't been paying too much attention. "I-I didn't know," He stuttered. "Well, how could you have known? I'm not exactly the easiest person to read in a room full of other people," Luther had to agree she did have a point there.

"I'm sorry Dad didn't support you. But I've got your back, no matter what," Luther placed a hand on her shoulder. "Really?" Astrid double-checked. "Of course! No matter who you love, no matter what their identity is, you'll always be family to me," He comforted. With that final confirmation, the two embraced in a warm hug, the night feeling less dark and dreary.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 2.5K 28
๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’‰๐’Š๐’Ž ๐‘ซ๐’๐’†๐’” ๐’Š๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“? โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two broken soul find the same ...
55.2K 977 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
9.1K 179 43
Reunited after their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets and a looming threat to humanity. I...