Strings Attached ✨

By ferrars25

When two opposites collide with each other without having the knowledge of the consequences, chaos is inevita... More

1. The heir.
2. Her
3. The decided.
4. History ...repeats ?
5. Tricks.
6. Close.
ANNOUNCEMENT:
7. One step closer.
update hehe 😅
8. Already here.
9. Day 1.
10. Cat and Mouse
12. Mine
13. Not weak
14. Love is, but a part of you
15. Izhaar aur Inkaar
Character aesthetics
Playlist ✨
16. The Revelation
17. Ignorance is bliss. Really?
18. A needed heart to heart.
19....love him or love him not.
20. Fulfilling the last wish.
21. Wifey...?
22. Great Queens make Great Empires.
Important Announcement
23. A danger to the kingdom.
24. The Doors of Destiny
25. The Invitation
26. The Coronation
27. The Confrontation
28. Tough Decisions

11. Unforgivable

57 5 0
By ferrars25

Agastya~~

The sudden knock on the door startled me. It was unusual for anyone to come knocking at my door early in the morning.

I didn't sleep well either. These late night encounters are going to be the end of me.
Everytime i decide to not get distracted and retreat straight to my room, she comes into my view and the rest is repeated history.

"Come in" …i said.

The door opened and to my surprise, Ziya presented herself.

" Why ?" …I asked.
" Why ? I can't come in without a reason ?" ….she asked, with a hint of moisture invading her eyes all over again.
" I didn't mean it like that. It's just-" …I struggled while trying not to sound rude.

"It's just what Agastya? Should I go away ?" …..her voice trembled and I had to be a gentleman in such scenarios so I let her in.

A smile lit up on her face as soon as I let her in.

" you remember those days, don't you ? We used to stay together all the time and you wouldn't even buzz when I tried to push you away. " …..she chuckled and looked at me.

" Mhm." ..I nodded my head.

" Even a few years ago. We used to go for a walk to the lake almost regularly. How peaceful it was. you would keep me behind you at all times saying that it was dangerous." …..she continued.

" Ziya. Politics had been keeping me occupied. You know the royal title demands dedication. I'm sorry if-" ….i was interrupted once again.

" Yes I know. I know it all. I understand too." …..she said as she looked at me with gloom covering her eyes.

" That's why I'm here. I know you miss me. So I figured out the time. Early morning is so perfect don't you think ?" …..she finally dropped it.

My eyes widened at first but then I controlled my expressions.
" i think-" ….and she wouldn't ever let me complete it.
" I knew it. You think it is perfect, don't you ? I'm your ziya afterall. " …..she jumped in joy and hugged me.

"Ahem !! " ….aksh stood at the door clearing his throat, looking down as if the ground was the most interesting thing ever.

Ziya detached herself from me and threw an irritated look at aksh.

" Yes ? "
" The schedule for the day is ready, your majesty. I believe we should avoid further delay." …he said as he eyed ziya.

" Alright." ..I answered. I looked at aksh and signalled him towards ziya.

"But what about-" …Ziya said as this time she was interrupted by aksh.
" Let's give his majesty some privacy?" ….he looked at ziya and smiled mockingly.

The female rolled her eyes forcefully and went out of the door, bumping into aksh intentionally.

" Oww! " …aksh jumped as he held his shoulders in pain.

I looked at him with a questionable glance. Really?
" And you're going to protect me."...I scoffed.

******************************************

Ruh ~~~

What was I here for ? It's 2 days now and I still have nothing to do.
I had enough. I decided I would search for aksh and tell him to either give me a pet to look after or leave me to go back to my home.

I dressed up for the day and left my room in search of aksh. I didn't take Jihan with me as he always manages to get out of my control and jump around.

I wanted to have a serious conversation this time.

Ruh:-

It was  a hard time exploring the thousand corridors of the place and I still didn't manage to find aksh. After nearly 20 minutes of continuous search, I was exhausted and leaned onto a pillar to catch my breath.

It was then that I saw a well-lit exquisite corridor towards the left. It was different from all other corridors.
The walls were decorated with paintings and expensive marbles. The designs were majestic and people might as well confuse it as a gateway to heaven.

I couldn't contain my curiosity and followed the passage of magnificent architecture until it ended at an even grander gate.

Alluring paintings and stone carvings lined up the wall on the two sides.

I jumped and was about to scream when I felt a presence behind me but a hand covered my mouth and pushed me into the room. 

I closed my eyes in fear, not having the courage to see who it was. I should've heard when they said 'curiosity killed the cat'

Unknowingly tears made their way through my tightly closed eyelids.

" Shh! Calm down kitten " …the firm voice spoke out.

The situation got worse as soon as I realised that it was an unknown, yet known voice.
I opened my eyes slightly to see a man blocking my view and holding me tightly.
My eyes reddened further when I realised it was the same man I met on my first day. Akshat, ……aksh had told me he was Agastya's brother and next in-line to the throne after Agastya. He creeped me out that day but aksh had saved me.

" It's okay, kitten. No need for more drama now, don't you think ? " ..

I mumbled incoherently, asking him to leave me.

" My brother hit the jackpot now, didn't he ?"......he chuckled.
I tried to speak but was suppressed further.
" And where were you going ? To his room huh ? And here I was, thinking that my brother isn't good with these. Turns out he's taking the reddest wine among us. Where did he even manage to bring you from?" ….he continued as i started getting out of breath. My vision blurred as my oxygen supply was ceasing.

He tried to force himself on me, when I saw a silhouette of another man behind him from my blurred vision.

A strong arm held me up when I was about to fall, but it was not akshat. I recognised the hold. Firm yet gentle, familiar.

I gasped for air as soon as I realised I was free. My vision started coming back to normal and my eyes met with a pair of concerned eyes inspecting me.

The rage behind the worry was unmistakable.
"Aksh." …..the enraged voice spoke up.
" Lock him up." ……His voice was calm. The kind of calm that comes before a storm breaks its hazard.

He lifted me slightly and carried me to the room, which as it seemed like was his.

I still wasn't back completely. As if hanging between life and death as my lungs try their best to bring me back to life again.

My vision didn't clear completely, black spots still clouded the corners as I felt myself hitting a soft mattress.

******************************************

Aksh ~~

I trembled under his gaze as he stood silently.

Soon a chuckle broke out. He smirked like a psychopath and looked at me.
The new dark aura frightened me as I looked at him, terrified of what he was about to say next.

"Bring him as close to death as you can. As soon as he is about to give up, bring him back to life and repeat the same till he begs for death. " ……He said it as lightly and plainly as a man speaking about his hobbies.

How could he just give someone a death warrant and act like it's the most casual thing ever?
Was I in service for a psychopath?

"W-what?" ….i dared myself to ask.

Suddenly, prying eyes pinned me to nothing but air as a drop of cold sweat trickled down my forehead.

" As you wish, your highness." ….i spoke in a single breath and walked out as fast as i could.

Nobody was naive. Nobody was unaware.
Agastya knew, i knew, akshat knew. We all knew what akshat was about to go through.
And we knew something else too, that no matter how affected ruh is, she is the only one with the capability to save both akshat and the whole palace from the hell which is about to break on it.

The demon underneath the calm face was not unknown to anyone except ruh. And no one could stop it from surfacing except ruh.

I need to let her know. I need to let her realise her power and ability now.

"Aksh" …a voice spoke out from behind.
I turned around to see Mayank behind me.

" The king wants to see you. Regarding Agastya." …..an invisible weight settled itself on my chest as I found it hard to breathe.

I knew it was coming. I knew I had to answer all of the questions eventually. But this felt too soon. 

***********************************************************

Vote and comment to know what happened next. Thankyou once again for giving this story a chance. (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

Ik this was short but more coming soon, dw 🌚💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 16.3K 49
The prospect of becoming an Empress seemed blissful, yet the reality proved to be more cursed than she could have imagined. Every day, Nayantara's wh...
875K 42.4K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
11.1M 670K 97
Rudra was my love and so was I for him until I came to know that everything was just a game. Emotions and blood have that sacred bond that the thick...
69.9K 6.5K 27
"Marry me" He said while looking at her with a dark expression making a tear drop from her eyes, he is the heartless king who asked for her hand in r...