Jaan-Nisaar| ✔️

By kanhaislove

Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. S... More

aesthetics
dedication
.zero.
.one.
.two.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
(for her sun)
.twenty two.
.twenty three.
.twenty four.
.epilogue.
bonus?

.eighteen.

956 57 16
By kanhaislove

Start Listening to the song from where the lyrics are written, if you wanna feel the feeeeeelzzzzz.

Unedited.

"Devasya! What's wrong with you? Ugh, Leave me alone yaar please!" Sona growled out loudly. Currently, Devasya was hanging onto her like a Koala, not ready to leave her alone so that she could do some work, at first Sona found it cute but now Sona is annoyed and irritated beyond measures, Why? because it's been 2 days of same behaviour!

Sona blew her bangs away from her face in annoyance. Two days. Two whole days of not being able to get any reports or work done. Two days! And Mr. Devasya? Oh don't worry, he did all his work alright. When? When she is asleep of course.

Ughhh

And now too, her husband continued to tug her towards the bed. All fight left Sona's body and she allowed her husband to pull her back under the covers. It was 4 in the morning, where Sona thought, keyword: thought, she could get some work done while her husband sleeps. But no! Her husband woke up right as she came after freshening up. And now here she lies, under the thick quilt, beside her husband, very deeply annoyed.

Devasya pushed his face into Sona's neck and sighed. Wounding his arms around her waist, he clinged onto her desperately. Sona frowned, for the love of the lord, she could not understand what has gotten into him. Why is he being so clingy? Sona sighed and slid down to be able to see Devasya's face. When his eyes came into view, Sona could see the dark rings under his eyes, his chapped lips and his rough beard. What was wrong? Sona couldn't understand, not when even after asking, Devasya dismisses her concern off.

Sona pushed her hand onto his hair making Devaysa sigh.

"Devasya" Sona called out to her husband quietly.

"hmm?"

"What's wrong babes?"

"Nothing is wrong Sona. Sleep. I am sleepy."

Sona rolled her eyes at being dismissed yet again. She pulled Devasya's hair harshly, making him hiss loudly.

"What the hell?" Devasya gasped looking at Sona.

"Batao"

Devasya's lips formed a straight line and his eyes dropped.

"Two days ago, you received a message" Devasya started out slowly.

"The message was from your colleague. Your college has given out a list for all the students who would go to the postings near Jammu, because of the recent terrorist attacks that has happened there, they need helping hands. Your college comes in top best 5 medical colleges in India, hence they have asked for volunteers from you college. And, I am scared. Please don't go Sona, please."

Sona's eyebrows furrowed. Jammu? volunteers? She could vaguely remember her teachers talking about the attack and some volunteering to take place, but Sona thought it would mainly be the doctors that has been working in the hospital unit, not the interns.

"Where is my phone?" Sona cursed herself for not being a phone person, god knows what would happen if her teachers decided she was so irresponsible who can't reply to a single text message even. It doesn't help that the last two days were Saturday and Sunday, where she was at home. Oh God.

Devasya observed the changing emotions on his wife's face, he felt guilty but he also didn't want her to go, especially with the possibility that she could get hurt. Nonetheless, he pulled out her phone from the drawer and gave it to her.

Sona pushed away from Devaysa, quickly opening up her Whatsapp only to notice the flood of messages there. Sona was the best at what she did. Hence the popularity.

She opened messages first from her professors, noticing their dissatisfied tone used in the messages. Sona cursed softly and set onto reply to each and everyone. Devaysa watched from under the covers, he knew what he did was wrong. He knew he has no right in interfering in her work when she never did in his. But, he couldn't help himself. This is about the only good thing that remains in his life. He doesn't want to loose it. Doesn't mean that he is not at fault, and he knows he will have to pay for it noticing his wife's expression.

Sona shoulder dropped. All she had work for could have been burnt to ashes just because Devaysa thought it was okay. She pushed away her pillow, she has to go to the hospital and meet the HR, in person. Great.

Devasya watched her go, he also watched the anger brewing. He sighed and sat up. He went to his office and closed the door. It was best to leave Sona to collect her own thoughts, pestering her would bring only wrath and words she would not mean.

°°°°°

Sona closed the door behind her and rolled her neck. God, meeting the HR was...

Yeah, you must have got the point.

She has to pack her bag to leave tomorrow. She sighed and quickly moved towards her room. Devaysa noticed her entering the room with zero emotions on her face. Devasya stood up to bring up the speaker from the living room. Turning it on, he picked the song he was listening to and which matched his apology.

Sona came out of the bathroom after washing her face.

जाने किसकी लगी
है ये दिल से दुआ
जाने किसकी लगी
है ये दिल से दुआ
हमको तुम मिल गए...मिल गए।

Sona's eyebrow furrowed listening to the songs. She continued to ignore her husband however and continued to brush her hair straight.

कोई आहट न थी
कोई दस्तक न दी
आके रूह में मेरे बस गए
हमको तुम मिल गए...
मिल गए।

मैं अकेला था
ये गमों ने घेरा था
तू मिला तो
खुशी मिल गयी
लबों पे मेरे
थी कोई धुन कहाँ
तू मिला मौशिक़ी
मिल गयी

वक़्त ने थे दिये
हमको जीतने ज़ख्म
तेरे आने से वो सिल गए
हमको तुम मिल गए...
मिल गए।

Sona kept the comb down, her eye's filling up. She willed herself to not cry but soon, Devasya hugged her from behind and sang the lyrics into her ear softly, while sniffing.

दिल करें तेरा
वो सनम शुक्रिया
तूने करदी हंसी ज़िन्दगी

अपने सीने में
वो तुझको दे दी जगह
के करूंगा तेरी बंदगी
अब सदा के लिए
फैसला कर लिया
एक पल न तेरे बिन जिये ।

जाने किसकी लगी
है ये दिल से दुआ
हमको तुम मिल गए...
मिल गए।

Devasya's sniffling reached Sona's ears and her eyes widened. She turned around just as the song ended, only to notice her husband's filled eyes.

"No. You don't get to cry Dev. You don't. You have no right to interfere with my work when I never stopped you from doing yours, and I don't care why you did it. I have worked and fought to do this work my whole life, you hear me Dev? I FOUGHT. I fought everyday! With my parents, relatives, friends and my own self! I did it. You had no right, Dev. No right. And nothing can excuse this, Dev. Nothing."

"I am scared Sona. Please. Please. You are the only good thing, please. Please, Joha, please."

Sona sighed. She pulled Devasya out of her hold and pulled him towards their bed. Adjusting both of them, she pushed herself on top of him and pushed his face on her chest, where he could hear her heart beat.

One minute. Two minute. Three minute.

Thirty minutes passed.

Devasya finally calmed down enough to have the energy to listen to her. Sona started out slowly and gently. When you have never had anyone to loose and suddenly, you find your entire world starting to shift to a certain person, you try to save it. From everything. Through everything. With everything.

"I have a posting in Jammu. Yes. Their was a terrorist attack there, yes. Would I be in danger? Maybe 5%. I would remain in the camp which we will be provided. Our only job is to help the soldiers, help treat them and make them feel better. I know you're scared, but I will come back here, may be in 2-3 weeks, we do not know the time period for which we are required.

But Dev? Don't be scared. I will come back to you. What you have found in me, I have also found in you. We like each other right? But loving each other is still on our bucket list, how can I leave it incomplete? I will be back soon Dev, you know it too."

Devasya's hoarse voice replied back, "Sona, I am sorry. I had no right. But, I am scared. It's Jammu. What if the terrorist attack worsens and you would be called to the borders to treat the soldiers? I can not loose you, never. Please. Please, you have to come back to me. You won't even have a phone, how would I know? No please. Please, please."

Sona's eyes turned misty. His fear was justified, however, She have to go. So she shushed her husband, pulled up the quilts and turned off the lights. Maybe sleeping would help. Maybe this was a dream. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

°°°°°
HELLO AGAIN!

This is a disclaimer that all that written above is just for pure fiction, I do not know if such things occur or not, but yeah its for my story.

Okay now, How was the plot twist? Did you all see something like this happening?

I feel sad for Dev but then again he had no right. What did you all think?

I love army stories, the pain, the anguish, the fear, its so heart wrenching but still soo good. In future, if i ever write another story it would be about an Army officer.
Love, tccccc 💞💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 51.9K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...
46.9K 3.9K 15
𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵. 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓮𝓽𝓵𝔂. 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓵𝔂. 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝔂. _________★...
656K 34.6K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
184K 24.1K 35
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...