The Pretend To Be Agreement

Autorstwa Cataldinabluebird

[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] 'So, it's agreed then? If I help you with your financial problems, you'll pretend to... Więcej

The Pretend To Be Agreement
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six (Different Version)
BONUS CHAPTER - 1.
BONUS CHAPTER - 2. HOLIDAY SPECIAL
Epilogue PT. 1
Epilogue - PT. 2
Important Information (FAQ)
New Account
DEAR READERS!!! (VERY IMPORTANT)

Chapter Fourteen

10.9K 335 17
Autorstwa Cataldinabluebird

Grace

"Hey, Gracie, I want some, too." I hear Jordan say at his seat at the dining table.

Glancing over my shoulder, to the left, I give him a not-so-sweet smile. "No. And never call me Gracie again."

Going back to cooking the pancakes, I flip them over one by one. From in the family area a loud chime can be heard coming from the grandfather clock, indicating that it is now 9:00a.m. A yawn escapes past my lips, and I stretch out my arms, still feeling a bit groggy from when I woke up thirty minutes ago.

Katherine - as she insisted on being called - had knocked on Will's and I's bedroom at 8:30 in the morning, wanting us to wake up. I, being a light sleep that I am, had woken up instantly to the sound of her voice. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to wake up too. I basically had to beg to let Will sleep in for a little while longer, saying he's being having some stressful nights and that sleeping in would be good for his health. She abided, but only if I agreed to go shopping with her.

I look up when I hear footsteps enter the kitchen and see Will standing in the entry way. He's wearing a pair of sweat pants and ruby red v-neck t-shirt and his hair is a mess, looking like a rat's nest. But to me, he was still pretty good looking.

Walking over to the side of the counter that wasn't an oven top, he sits down on one of the stools, and watches me closely. The feeling of him watching me lingers as I turn my attention back down to the pancakes and flip them over, happy to see I hadn't burned them. Other things I had cooked earlier, like bacon and scrambled eggs, but today I decided to mash it up and put pancakes in the mix.

When I first got down here, I had only spent twenty minutes in the kitchen as I had taken a ten minutes shower beforehand. Most of my earlier time was spent making the scrambled eggs, putting the rest of the leftover bacon in the oven, and dealing with very annoying, Jordan Alder. The light brown, sparkling baby blue eyed, twenty something was very cocky, and had a knack for thinking he's the smartest person in the room. I had learned a few things about Will's best friend, and still haven't decided if those things were frightening to me or not.

"So, Gracie, I'm still not seeing any food in front of me." Jordan tells me in a sing-song voice.

Did I forget to mention the guy's a misogynistic asshat?

"Gracie?" Will asks, and I look over at him and see that his nose is crinkled up in what could either be disgust or annoyance.

"Yeah, your friend is being a bit of a... pain in the butt." I say, not wanting to offend Will's taste in friends even though he called Jordan an ass the other day.

"Well, Gracie, can I have a pancake?" He asks, saying that horrid nickname in such a way that made it sound sweet and not mocking.

I smile at him and nod, grabbing one of the plates that I had put on the counter and started to put food on it and then hand it over to him when I'm finished. He looks at me in question, waving his hand over his food, but I get the message. He needs a fork. Getting one from the drawer by my right side, I toss it over to him and he catches it.

He picks around at his food, staring at it and then glancing up at me and then back down at the plate. After a minute of just staring at it, he starts to eat it and he lets out a satisfied moan. Trying to have some manners, he starts off his slow, but then just starts shoving in his mouth like he hasn't eaten in a week.

"This ... is ... fan... tas... tic." He says through a mouth full of food.

"Thank you," I say back, snatching a piece of bacon off of its dish and chewing on it slowly. I wasn't a big fan of meats, but when it came to a good, old fashioned bacon, I was a defiant fan.

Actually, I'm a big fan of anything greasy and deep fried.

After he swallows he tells, "Thanks for letting me sleep in."

I raise a curious eyebrow. "You knew?"

He nods, taking another bite of scrambled eggs. "Yeah. I heard you talking to my mother. Did you really agree to go shopping with her?"

I shrug, and stuff the rest of the slice of bacon into my mouth. "... Maybe. It couldn't be that bad."

"Well then you obviously haven't met my mother." He mumbles, quickly finishing off his breakfast. I stare down at his plate in disbelief, wondering how he ate it all so fast.

Not replying, Katherine and James walk into the kitchen, both dressed in semi-casual attire. Katherine avoids the bacon and pancakes, but grabs a plate and dishes scrambled eggs onto it. James, on the other hand, puts everything on his, and drowns it all in maple syrup.

"James, honey, I really want to go shopping." Katherine tells her husband and he looks down at her, not surprised to hear say that specific phrase.

"Well, I don't have anything to do today, so we can go." He says and then looks at the two of us. "Do you two want to come? I heard my wife wanted to go shopping with you Grace."

"Yes, she does." I reply, awkwardly, and toss a glance at Will. It was like a silent question was asked between the two of us.

"Are we going to regret this?"

***

I'm never, ever, going to step foot back into Jordan's car. The thing was filthy. There were chip bag and candy wrappers that littered the floor of the car, and on the seat beside was a fuzzy, white blanket that looks like some type of animal fur. In the driver's seat sat Will and in the passenger was Jordan. I sat in the back. And - Oh, my god, is that a thong?!

I notice something sticking out from under the passenger's seat, and it's pink and lacy and definitely not Jordan's. My nose wrinkles up in disgust as I'm pretty sure just by sitting here I'd get AIDS.

Music blasted loudly through the speakers of unknown song. Jordan sang along, and he sounded like a dying cat that just gotten ran over. Tone deaf much?

I was just glad that when I glance over at the window I see that were parking in front of mall. With a happy sigh, I unbuckle from the seat belt, not wanting to stay in this car for another second. When the vehicle stops, I open my door and slam it, brushing off the back of my jeans.

The next person to get out of the car is Will and he walks over to me, putting on his New York Yankees baseball cap. It wasn't a perfect disguise, but it did him justice and just barely hid his face from cameras. Without warning, he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling my close to his side. He shoves the keys into his pants pocket and tilts the cap with his hand to me in a gesture to say hi.

"Hi," I say back and he smiles.

Leaning downward, he whispers into my ear, "Sorry about the car."

I shrug. "I-it's fine."

"What's fine?" Asks a voice from behind us, and I turn to see Jordan.

Without hesitation, I answer with a lie. "He was asking if the cap hid his face."

"Uh huh," he mumbles, walking a head of us.

I roll my eyes at him, looking up at Will. "He's a tool."

"I know. Let's just get this over with."

***

It's an hour later, and my feet had only started to hurt within the first ten minutes of entering the building. So far, I have to gone into five different stores and never found anything that fitted my style. I actually didn't know what my style was. I'm so used to shopping at thrift stores, that anything over eight bucks makes me cringe.

Will had followed me into three, saying he pay for what I wanted. When he said this, I instantly declined, not wanting his money. Even though I couldn't afford anything anyway, I still decline. There wasn't anything I really want, anyway.

I met up with Will when I found him in a department store, looking at watches. The store was had different sized glass cases, filled with different types of jewelry. Roaming around, I check out what the store had to offer, and I make a list in my head of the things that I found pretty. But nothing really stood out for me.

With a disappointed sigh, I walk over to Will, wrapping my arms around his. He doesn't seem the least bit disturbed by this, as he had saw me walk in earlier.

He glances over at me a wide smile appears on his face. Smiling back, I look down at the watches he had chosen. I could tell by the wrinkle of his brow that he didn't know which one to pick.

"Can't choose?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah."

My own eyebrows scrunch up, but mostly in confusion. For a moment, I thought about being a mind reader, so then maybe, I could understand what's going through his head. But the rational side of my brain said that it would be an invasion of privacy, so I decided to block that certain thought from reappearing.

Instead, I focus on the watches. Most of them were shinning silver or glittering gold. The parts that told time were just simple numbers, made out of lines. But, then, in the very corner of the case with a sleek-looking black that shimmers when the light hits it, and had Roman Numerals instead of just sticks. Without meaning too, like my hand had a mind of its own, I point over at it, tapping the glass.

"That one." I say, and Will looks over at it and his smile become even wider.

"Is that the one, Sir?" Asks the man behind the counter.

Will looks up at him, and nods. "That's the one."

Grabbing his wallet out his back pocket, Will digs out his credit card and hands it over to the man as he hands him his the watch. Will mummers a quick thank you and then slides the watch on his wrist, looking at it likes it the sun. Right after, he puts in his pin number in the debit machine and then it clicks, printing out his recite.

He then turns to me, asking, "Is there anything you want?"

I hesitate to answer, but then just shake my head. "Nope. Natta."

"Really?" He asks, skeptically.

I nod. "Yeah, I don't want anything."

Will shakes his head, and then ask the old man behind the counter, "What do you think would look the best around my lovely girlfriend's neck?"

I open my mouth to protest, but then the man's head tilts to the side and he begins to study me. His trail over me as he takes in my every aspect, wanting to make sure he picked the perfect piece of jewelry. After a couple of minutes of just staring at me, he turns away and walks into the back, asking one of the ladies that worked there something. She runs into the storage part of the store, looking for something.

She comes back a minute later with large square, black velvet box in her arms. Handing it over to the man, he takes it, walking back over to us and places it gently onto the counter. Slowly, he opens it, and for some reason, my gut twists with my anxiety rising. When it's fully open, I gasp at what I see.

In the box, lying in it is a silver locket, a small stone the color of Turquoise with specks of gold in it. The locket is circular, and it was absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of mother's eyes, the ones I've missed so dearly for so many years. Tears well up in my eyes, and I clap my hand over my mouth, feeling a rush of both happiness and sadness. I had gotten her hair, while I had gotten my father's eyes. And they were both gone, buried eight feet underground.

"You like?" The man asks and I shake my head frequently.

"Yes. It's absolutely gorgeous." I tell him and he smiles.

"Goes perfectly with your Amber eyes, Miss." He points out and then turns to Will, who whispers something to him and then hands him his debit card once again. And then the process of paying he does once more, and has the man put the locket place in a smaller box and put into a bag.

It's not until were out of the building that he hands me the bag, intertwining his fingers through mine.

Hi, everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm trying to make up for the lack of updates. How am I doing so far? Also, Jordan wasn't meant to come off as... well, an ass. But, that will all be revealed in later chapters.

Question: Any suggestion on who should play Jordan? (Description of what he looks like: Tall, blue eyed, and has light brown hair.)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

35.7K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...
168K 9.4K 26
Five years ago Laurel and Ivan got a divorce, they stayed friends and when his life spiraled out of control Laurel held Iva together. Now, she needs...
285K 7.8K 34
••• This is a story about a girl. A girl who lied all too well. One who was bored, pretty, and sad. A girl who mastered the art of pretending. Pr...
10.7M 305K 46
Emma van der Bilt is clever, snarky, and spoiled rotten. William Knight is cocky, impatient, and slightly dimwitted. So how exactly did Will manage t...