The Way You Smile

By agustadearly18

Aditi Varma. Aditi Vamshi Varma. Your typical girl with average looks and modest of marks. When her bitchy b... More

DISCLAIMER
Charecters
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
~Teaser~
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen

chapter ten

29 5 0
By agustadearly18

Featured song
Double Take
Dhruv

Aditi's pov_

Aryan left yesterday and that means, still four more days for my exam. I am not sure if I'm excited or scared. But whenever I'm scared, I'll call myself out in my tab and say, 'Is doctor Aditi Varma here?' and that's what keeps me going. And it always would.

So, here I am, seated in my room, my home, on sparkle street, Hyderabad City, Telangana, India wondering how infants grow bones.

Bruh, how do the teeny tiny little humans grow all those heavy bones by itself? They are cute little creatures. God, I love little babies. Oh, wait. I think I found it! It's a process called ‘Pacification- No hang on- that’s not possible… What was it then?

"Aditi," A voice rings around the house, resulting in my eyes going wide. Having managed to avoid my dear mother for the last 30 hours, I forgot that my fate hadn’t played out yet. So now, as I hear that word, I realize. That I, Aditi Varma, am fully fledged fucked. In fact, I’m fully fledged, royally fucked. 

“Aditi!” Mom called again. I gulped thickly. What now? I got out of my chair, looking around the room wildly; looking for a place to hide. 

Oh oh I haven't got a multitude of rooms. It's my godown after all. I always stay at Anu's. I just came here for my sleep wake cycle. Beh  I'm dead.

As time persisted My mother's voice approached me. I've never been this scared in my nineteen years of life! That's when I remembered I have an alibi! Ananya Nair! A creepy smile raised from my vanilla lips. And that's when I found myself running towards my mother. 

"Amma! What's wrong with my hair?" I continued my act. "All I remember was sleeping in Anu's bed and wearing this beanie since it was cold last night,"

My mother beamed for a second. "It's almost summer, clever Aditi." Oh oh. "And  Ananya talked to me yesterday, about this whole hair cutting thing. Let me see it," Mom removed the beanie which I was wearing to cover up my hair. When she did, it became one of the worst nightmares that she had seen. "Aditi, what's wrong with you?" And that's when I saw tears rolling from her eyes. 

I fucked up. I have never seen my mother cry since the departure of my father. It was ten years ago. My daddy had passed away, when I was nine, due to some major blockage in the heart. 

I lose my control over me and start to cry along with her. "Mom, don't cry!" I say as I hug her hard. "Please don't do this,"

She quickly wiped her tears and now her hands were on my head slowly ruffling my hair here and there. "I don't mean to cry, but baby, It was your father's wish. Remember?" She pauses to remember her days with my dad. They were the best example for us. 

"Yeah mom, they are just soothing. Just thinking about them fills me with nostalgia."

She nods in unison. "I'm stupid. You are gonna grow all this hair in just a month or two," she says smiling. I nodded enthusiastically before going back to sit on my chair. 

“Oh- amma, what was it that you wanted to say?” I asked as she turned to leave. 

“That, I was asking if you’re staying for lunch today. You don’t eat at home these days," Amma  tilted her head. I thought for a while before nodding again. 

“I’m home till the exam now.” She nodded and left the room…..

Leaving the door open.

I decided to focus on the formation of the bones of infants because they are too cute to be left out. Ossification  is the process of- dayum. What is wrong with This girl? It was a damn phone call from Anu. 

"Losers say hello," She says on the phone. 

"What do you want, you mama fucking bitch? is what legends say," I swayed my ruffled her. "Anyways I just wanted to know if you are alive,"

"Come on, say what you have been dreading?" I squeal. "What do you want?"

"I said it! I'm just checking up on you!" 

"Ok, Now you know that I'm alive. Get the hell out of my phone!" I say nonchalantly.

"Wait, wait, wait. I just wanted to know how things went around with you and your mom? Wanna stop by Mrs. Geetha's? We could order some mojitos and chat for a while?" She talks continuously, I mean that's Anu's thing. She'll continue to talk until she gets what she wants.

"Can't, gotta have lunch with mama bear,"

"Oh come on, don't be such a baby, Aditya!" She sings through the phone. "One last time? For a cute Anu bear?"

"Not in a million years, babe. I gotta go. Bye," Cool. Cool. You gotta keep up with the trend buddy.

***

It's been five freaking hours! I've been studying very, very hard, yes. I should have developed  two or three gray hairs by now. So I decided to give myself a break by wandering off in the streets.

And that's when a call came for me. From the old Vivaan. "Yelloowwww," I sing super excitedly. 

"Hey bro!" This is the Vivaan I know. "Did you watch the ad?"

"Nope, not exactly till you say what exactly the ad is about," I continue to maintain my image as the clever crazy hot guy.

"Funny bro, I meant the one about the opening of a new restaurant near your neighborhood." He says cracking up.

"Yes, I've seen it," I replied. 

"Perhaps, do you wanna check that out? Only if you are free," He laughs.

I laughed to his laugh wondering how his brother's laugh would be. "Are you asking me out on a DATE?"  I chuckle .

"Maybe," He says in a teasing voice. "Okay,will meet you there in twenty," He hangs up 

At the twentieth minute, I got a call from him where I was in my panty and pajamas. Girls need time to dress up!

I was walking down my stairs and again got a notification from Vivaan. Boy.

I looked up at myself in the mirror which is kept in the entrance and smiled at myself. Can't wait to go to college. Oh wait, who keeps a mirror at the reception of their houses? Well, my mother does. Superstitious beliefs.

I roared my car and went off straight to the newly opened shop where I found Vivaan, who was not alone. But was in company with his brother, Vedant. 

= = = = = = =

Author pov_ 

It was a dark night and Vivaan’s thoughts were all over the place. His brother compelled him to get out of his idiotic snail house, to eat something out. 

He agreed with a little persuasion. Vedant was ready to go out after studying for zillion seconds. But he can't simply nod and scoff at his brother's decisions, for he is the big brother.

Vivaan was getting impatient on the twentieth minute of calling Aditi. He didn't inform the company of Aditi to his brother, however.

When Aditi had reached the cafe, she, as usual, checked twice that she had locked the car perfectly and climbed off. 

The couple can't just meet  as we like. That's the destiny for human existence. So As soon as she touched the door knob of the cafe, a call came for her. To be specific, her ringtone was ' Sing in the rain,'

She quickly swayed her phone into her ears and spoke, "Ma! I JUST CAME HERE!" Oh my god! Did she just yell at her mom? The consequences are going to be worse!

She nods for a moment and squeals, "Wait, what? No he didn't!" Her squibble eyes widened for a second before it came back. "Fu- I meant, F u t u r e," she spells out for her mom.

There wasn't a moment before when she decided to go home and to bail off with Vivaan. 

While she was driving, she pulled up her Bluetooth and called Vivaan. "Hey, Hi uhm- Vi, My brother is in town and I have family drama," She lets out a chuckle. "I'll treat you there by tomorrow, I promise."

He hesitated for a moment and talked. "No problem, then tomorrow? Pinky promise?" He begs like a child before chuckling.

Aditi grinned before letting out a laugh. " Sure, drama boy,"

"Kay gotta go," He says while his brother talks, " What happened? Vi, Anyone joining us?"

“Ah.. no. Not at all. Just us” 

-&-

agustadearly18
ivyB4winter

Have a great day y'all :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 3.5K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
55.1K 6K 44
Graphics credits: @mwahbitchkriti Three best friends since they were in diapers. They can give and take life for each other. There heart resides in e...
60.9K 6.8K 45
In collaboration with @_Simran_N_ FATE A four lettered word with a deep meaning. Sometimes you just need to wait and watch what destiny has got for...