I have kids so what? (Being R...

By River364

America has kids, and no one knows about them. He always comes to meetings with less than an hour or so of sl... More

a/n
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N #2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 23

730 12 5
By River364

America pov.

Once I finished tucking Austin and Juneau in, I walked back to the backyard to finish the meteor shower.

"Welcome back dad, how's Lone Star doing?" Uri asked.

"Lone Star's doing alright for now, him and Ala are sleeping, so everyone start heading up to your room's and settle down for the night." I told everyone.

"Stars, I'm going to stay with Lone Star and Juneau, it's just in case, but I could help him keep warm when Ala isn't there." Maple told me, I nodded in turn allowing his proposal. I helped NASA pick up the blankets and put them away. Once we finished I set him to bed and I went to my room. When I got there I wasn't expecting Russia to still be awake and waiting for me.

"Meric come lay down, it's late." Ruski told me.

"I'm coming, you didn't have to wait for me you know." I replied.

"But I did, so deal with it, now get you butt in bed, it's cold." He groaned, I chuckled a bit then joined him on the bed.

"Night Russ." I told him tiredly.

"Night Ame." Russia replied, pulling me into the small spoon position.

~midnight~

Canada pov.

"Uncle Nada wake up, I need your help calming Lone Star down, I got up a few minutes ago to use the bathroom and when I came back, Austin was shaking." Alaska told me, shaking me awake.

"Juneau where are you? Please come back." Lone Star asked softly, fear lacing his voice. Alaska immediately ran to her bed and pulled him onto a hug.

"I'm right here Austin, I'm not going anywhere." She told him soothingly, "now let's go back to sleep." She finished, shifting them so she was spooning Tex.

"Juneau can you sing that one lullaby dad used to sing for us?" Texas asked.

"Sure Austin." She replied. "I remember tears streaming down your face, When I said I'll never let you go, When all those shadows almost killed your light, I remember you said don't leave me here alone, But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight." She sang softly. "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now, Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound." Alaska continued, "Don't you dare look out your window, darling, everything's on fire, The war outside our door keeps raging on, Hold onto this lullaby even when the music's gone, gone." She finished when she saw Lone Star asleep again. "Sorry for waking you up Uncle Nada." Ala apologized.

"Hey, I don't care if you woke me up, if Lone Star was having a flashback I would've had to help, we're lucky it was just his separation anxiety acting up, go back to sleep Alaska." I told my niece.

"Night." She responded, resting her head on the pillow, hugging Lone Star so he knows she's there. I watched them for a bit long to make sure they're fully asleep again then went back to sleep myself.

~morning~

NASA pov.

I woke up this morning with a nagging feeling in my stomach and decided to wait for NATO to wake up to express my concerns.

"NASA why are you awake?" Nato asked.

"I just woke up, but I have a weird feeling that something bad is going to happen." I told her.

"Ok, go wake up the branches and tell them it's time to train, I'll meet you in the backyard." NATO replied blankly. I gave her a two finger salute and ran to the military's room and woke them up.

"Attention! Everyone outside for training, now!" I told them, and immediately watched as they ran to the backyard. I followed them and saw NATO already out here getting them started on the training.

"NASA come here for a moment." NATO called me over. I briskly walked over to my sister.

"What's up NATO?" I asked her.

"Watch Army and Marine, I'll be helping Coast, Air Force, and Navy." She told me.

"Got it, Army, Marine! On me!" I called out to them. They ran over and NATO went to her group.

"So what are we doing for training NASA?" Army asked.

"2 on 1 spar, I need you two to keep working together, so you two are going to work together and try to take me down, I'm not going to use my wings as that would be unfair and no weapons boys we don't need any stray weapons flying and hurting the others." I told them, they nodded and got into ready position. Once we started we couldn't stop, it was fun and a true test of skill and our camaraderie. We spared like this for a few hours, and when we finally stopped to take a break I noticed that we were covered in dirt and sweat. "Water break you two, come on." I told them. We walked over to the bench and grabbed our water bottles. NATO walked over and noticed our now dirty clothes.

"NASA what the hell did you guys do to get that messy?" She asked.

"We had a sparing match and we didn't notice till now." I replied simply.

"You three were doing that for three hours with no breaks, I'm impressed." She told us.

"I thought I would've had to break y'all up at the hour and a half mark." Uncle Dixie told us.

"Hehe, sorry about that." I told him.

"Nah, you have nothin' to be sorry for, it was fun to watch, but tone it down next time alright?" Uncle Dixie told me. I nodded and finished my water.

"Is dad awake?" NATO asked.

"Yeah, he's cookin' breakfast with Mexi, go get cleaned up." Uncle Dixie told us, we nodded and ran inside. Once everyone was done we went to the living room and joined the others.

"Hey Lone Star how you felling today?" Missi asked our Texan brother.

"I'm fine Missi, just cold." Tex replied.

"Everyone! Breakfast!" Dad called out. Everyone started heading to the dinning hall and sitting down to eat. It was a quiet morning and the silence was comfortable, but the nagging feeling came back. I looked at NATO and nodded. She returned the gesture and got up to talk to dad for me. I looked around at everyone being careful on how long my gaze lingered on certain people, looking for any signs that could lead to trouble. I stopped and monitored Lone Star's condition, and noticed that he was trembling, and his teeth were chattering softly. I nudged Alaska with my wing and pointed to Tex, she nodded and pulled him closer to her, he visibly relaxed and his shaking stopped slightly, but it was still there.

"NASA, meet me in the conference room after breakfast, I want to talk about your hunch." Dad told me, I nodded in acknowledgement. Once everyone finished eating, I followed dad to the conference room and told him what I told NATO.

"I just woke up with the feeling that something bad was going to happen, so I made NATO aware of my paranoia." I told dad.

"Ok, I'll keep a lookout for strange behavior as well, because your hunches are almost never wrong when it comes to stuff like this." Dad replied, "you're dismissed, go have fun with your siblings, I'll make sure Maple, Goldie, Dixie and Russ know." Dad told me, I nodded and left the office.

Russia pov.

"Russia can you watch Austin for me, I need to use the bathroom." Alaska told me.

"Sure, let me see him." I told her gently, I got down on one knee so I could pick the small boy up.

"Austin I'm going to the bathroom, I'm leaving you with Russia until I come back ok?" She told her brother gently, the Texan nodded and agreed walking over to me weakly, I noticed him about to fall, I caught him and picked him up.

"Hurry back Juneau." Texas told Alaska.

"I will, just hang in there Austin." She told him, "Thank you for taking him Russia." She thanked me, I nodded and walked to the living room with the Texan sleeping in my arms. The poor boy, he isn't used to the freezing cold. I'm surprised that he was strong enough to walk the short distance between me and Alaska. It didn't take Alaska long to come back, and when Texas noticed she was back he made grabby hands in her direction, I took the hint and passed him off to his sister. I watched them play and interact with the rest of their siblings and noticed that Texas would not let the Alaskan go for very long, or let her get to far from him.

"I see you noticed his separation anxiety Ruski, it only happens when he gets sick, so we let him be, but to be honest he's had snowstorms before, but they were never this bad. Ala and Maple are the only ones here that help when the storms get bad, this is probably the worst it's gotten, other states get snow often but the southern states don't, so when we found out that Lone Star gets snow and gets sick because of the cold, we found it better to let him stay around the other states that get the snow often and have them give him tips on how to stay warm." Meric explained sitting down on the couch next to me.

"Thanks for telling me Ame, I know the kids mean a lot to you." I replied gently. He leaned on my shoulder and watched the kids with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 295 20
Russia and Ame have had a rocky start. Things don't look like they're going to get better, until something suddenly happens. Now that Russia knows m...
30.2K 790 10
With the rising concern of nuclear weapons countries and organisations are trying to settle on a safe agreement. Unfortunately, not every country is...
7.5K 156 27
I have no idea why I did this- I made a country that helps America with their states, don't ask- America, a lazy, stupid, fat country to the others...
300K 3K 64
Disclaimer-In this AU relationships may or may not be happening. such as Gerpol and Canada x Ukraine in this story America hosts a party at his hous...