Daisy Hyland

By daisymaybank

The younger sister of Brooke and Paige. Daisy is a 4 year old dance who dances at the ALDC and despite her ag... More

Introduction
The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing the show
When starts Collide
Dying to dance
Shes a fighter
Love on the Dance Floor
From ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy brings it on
It all ends here
Note
Everyone's replaceable

Theres only one star

327 4 0
By daisymaybank

"You though you were going home after nationals but here we are back in LA. I have a big surprise it's very exciting, before I get into that you notice there's no pyramid"

McKenzie Paige Brooke Maddie Daisy Chloe Nia

We're all on the same row, everyone claps

"Everyone is in a straight line because here in LA it's not really about the talent it's about the look"

"I think we're ready to talk a little bit about the suprise, this is LA the best people in the world come here and everyone wants to be a star, you are gonna get the opportunity to audition for a major music video"

AHHH WE ALL SCREAM BECAUSE WERE SO EXCITED

"I don't who's gonna get it I don't know if all of you are gonna get it or just some of you it's not up to me" Abby says "I don't make the decisions so it's every man for himself, tomorrow instead of rehearsals I'm going to teach a class, I'm gonna teach a hip hop combination since that audition is hip hop"

Oh no I'm not the best at hip hop I hope the combo isn't too hard.

"This is Hollywood they can chew you up and spit you out or they can make all your dreams come true, it just depends you have to be in the right place at the right time and you have to be prepared for the worst"

Abby and Gianna starts teaching us the combo and it's so hard I'm not used to hip hop

"And hit it hit it hit it" Abby says

"Grand plea" she says "and walk cross Shanne turn devele and kiss"

We start to perform in pairs so Abby can watch us individually and I'm performing with Nia

"Daisy you're a beat behind"

Oh no this is such hard choreography, I keep forgetting it

"Daisy do the right move" Abby is yelling and I want to cry

The music finishes and I go to hug Paige and she kisses me.

Then we head back to the hotel room and me, Brooke and Paige watch a movie with popcorn. It's so yummy.

The next day we are going to the audition

"Come on girls" Abby says as we are walking to the place "you can see it there"

I'm soo nervous and I go in holding Mommy's hands.

"Ok what's your name?" a lady asks to sign me in

"Umm Daisy Melody Hyland"

"Ok" she says and hands me a number, it's number 37

It's soo crowded and there is so many people

Then we get called into the room and start learning the combo and I'm struggling and it's hard to pick it up.

The choreographer comes over to me and MacKenzie
and asks what's wrong

"I don't know it" we both say in unison

"You don't know it? It's ok try to learn as much as you can don't worry about it"

That doesn't really help and I'm so scared. The we come out and Abby gives us an even more scary pep talk.

"Ok can I'm gonna start calling you in to do improv and perform the routine" a woman says

She calls all our numbers and we go in and the improv is going much better than the choreography

We finish and all the judges clap

We all get called back as a group and the owner gives us a talk

"We have seen a lot of dances come through our agency and one thing that you're learning about is rejection which is part of the business and you just have to keep going right"

Then we get told that we are auditioning to be in a music video.

We scream sooo hard and all hug, Brooke lifts me up and twirls me around and I giggle.

We rush out and tell the Moms and are all screaming "we are in a music video"

AHHH IM SO EXCITED

We then go to back to the hotel and we're all dreaming about being famous pop stars and talking about our celebrity crushes. I don't have one like ewww.

The next day when we're all stretching me and MacKenzie are doing our duet we made up

"No Daisy it's a kick next" MacKenzie says as I mess up again
"It's not my fault you made the choreography hard"
We giggle then the producer comes in and tells us about the video.

Then the choreographer says
"I don't know if any of you guys no shake it up or victorious"
I stick my hand up in the air, so does everyone else
"So I'm on the both of those shows"
I gasp

Only one of us can be the 'star' of the video hopefully it's me.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" the choreographer counts as we do it, it's soo tricky and I just start crying shortly after MacKenzie follows me out the room.

"It's too hard" I say to Mommy
"Don't cry, can you try it" Mommy says
"No it's too hard"
She hugs me

I go back in and me and MacKenzie and watch the older girls.

I wish I was a better dancer..

We're gonna dance with boys and the choreographer tells us we need to make sure we know all the lyrics. I hope there's a cute boy🤫

We go back to the hotel room and Paigey and Brookie teach me the choreography and make sure I'm alright

I love my sisters so much

And we all talk about the music video and they keep talking about Justin Bieber

The next day we get to go the salon and get our hair and nails and makeup done for a screen test. I'm so excited because I'm never allowed to join in with Brooke and Paige's little spa days.

My theme is pink, I have pink nails, pink hair highlights and pink eyeshadow, I love it so much.

Per the next few days we practice the choreography more and more and I finally have it perfect because I've been practicing sooo much

Finally it's the day of the music video and we get our hair and makeup done again and all the boys start coming in and I'm getting really nervous.

The boy I'm dancing with and it's a bit awkward and it's hard to do the tricks.

MacKenzie is crying because she can't do it and this random boy starts laughing at her. I want to slap him but I don't think I could.

When MacKenzie came back I gave her a big hug and made sure she was ok. 

Now it's time to meet Lux and I'm so excited
We all tell her our names and she tells us how pretty we are. She is so pretty too and her voice is so good.

Apparently I look like Lux along with Chloe and Paige. But I think I'm too young to be her but I still hope I can play her.

We start of with a little Catwalk and I love it I practice all the time like I'm a model.

"Thank you so much we had a great time working with you" the producer says when he's announcing who the lead is and I'm getting nervous

"There's not only your dance ability but also your acting ability, for this particular role we need someone who comes as close to looking and feeling like Lux as possible and at the end of the day we have to make a decision"

"So I'm going to have to go with Chloe for the lead"

I'm sad I didn't get it but I'm so happy for Chloe and I give her a big hug and everyone claps and hugs her.

Then we start rehearsing and he's kind of scaring me because the producer won't stop talking about how the big moving camera might take our head off.

We start shooting and it's so fun even though I'm not the lead and the lights and the effects make it so cool.

The directors are so scary and the keep swearing and yelling and it's scary but it's still super fun.

After the end of the end of shooting the music video we leave LA and go back to Pittsburgh and can go home. I missed my friends and family.

One month later we come back and Abby pulls out a screen and we watch the music video, it's amazing and we all looked so good.

We've finished filming season 1 now and I wonder if there will be a season 2. Now we get a break before the next dance season.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 625 25
Layla and Lyric are two incredible 12 year old twin dancers. They are each others biggest competition. They are best friends and like to stay to them...
31.3K 660 39
You say I'm crazy 'Cause you don't think I know what you've done But when you call me baby I know I'm not the only one Or When a charming new boy jo...
22.4K 557 64
Maya Mel Ziegler born 30 September 2002, has been dancing with Abby since she was four years old and her and her twin sister Maddie always fights for...
16.7K 312 48
They're Back! Abby, her son Andrew and the ALDC begin another dancing season to defend their National Title to try to win a fourth straight title, bu...