Too Soon | Sidemen fanfiction

By Grace_xix

The Sidemen, a group of average teens going to secondary school in the UK. Well, maybe not quite so average... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

22

31 2 0
By Grace_xix

"Hurry up, the bloody cafe's gonna close if you don't get those knees up!" 

Valerie led us on a run to the cafe on the other side of the town with an invigorating pace and lines that made her sound like a fitness instructor. JJ, Josh, Harry and surprisingly Tobi, who we'd always seen so effortlessly perfect, were all putting in a shift and were running in front of us lot at the back. Yep, Ethan, Simon and I all lagged behind, panting and swivelling our bodies with each step- two angry stiches already ripping through our sides. 

"C'mon Ethan, it's not even too much longer- just down this street here," Val encouraged Ethan, who looked like he might just pass out right there and then.

"Shut... up..." Simon managed to get out between laboured breaths. Out of all of us at the back, he certainly seemed the least tired. 

"Right, this is it!"

Some passer-bys turned their heads to give dirty looks at our group as we collapsed at the seats on the patio, all panting and swallowing to get rid of the nauseating fluid that filled out mouths after running.

"That was..."

"Shit." Simon finished the sentence for her, making everyone let out a breathy chuckle as they regained their breaths.

"The ice skating was fun as ever though, wasn't it?" 

"My ankle still burns." Tobi shot a death glare at Harry.

"Sounds like a you problem," Harry shrugged, pushing himself off of the plush seat to grab a menu. "What does this place do anyways?"

"Hot drinks and pastries and cakes." Valerie answered, her cheeks still tinged pink, nose similar to Rudolph's. Josh rested his arm around the back of Valerie's seat, his hand on her shoulder which only seemed to make her smile stretch even more. She looked happy. She looked radiant. And even Josh besides her looked warm-heartened- the corners of his lips quirked up. "I'll grab a hot chocolate for everyone from inside- I can't cover cakes- but if anyone wants one then feel free to go get one."

Valerie got up, brushing the frost off of her jacket and stepping into the cafe, bell jinging behind her. 

"I fucking love her." Josh sighed, closing his eyes and leaning back contently

"More than Freya?"

"Are you kidding? Way more than that bitch."

...

"You look like you have your hands full."

Valerie turned around to see some familiar boys around her. Cal, Chris, Will, and a few of the other popular boys. Mainly JJ's meaner friends. 

"Oh, hi you guys," Valerie smiled despite the mild feeling of trepidation building in her stomach. Valerie had learnt that those boys were quite notoriously sharp in their year, and not the kindest. "Yeah, just got some hot chocolates for my friends... Nothing I can't carry on a tray."

"We should help, shouldn't we?" Cal nudged his friends, smirks spreading across their faces.

"Oh that would be lovely- you really don't have to though." Valerie shook her head, just wanting the interaction to end and for her to return to the boys she felt safe with. She turned her head slightly, looking past Cal's head and out the front window to see the back of Josh's head- all of them talking and laughing- oblivious to the situation inside the cafe. 

"No no, we insist." Will said a bit too forcefully. She didn't have a good feeling- and she felt herself jump when a hand from behind gripped onto her waist, fingers digging into her side painfully before she felt a cold presence against her hair. 

"You just need to help us as well..." Someone whispered into her ear, making her eyes go wide. 

"You know what, I think I can manage this on my own- thanks for offering, but-" She was cut off as one of the others threw an arm around her shoulders, whispering in her other ear:

"Too fuckin late."

Valerie's eyes fell even wider as she realised they weren't gonna let her go. She didn't even know what they wanted from her. Had she done something? No, she'd stuck to herself and hadn't spoken a word to them... 

"Don't worry poppet- we aren't gonna hurt you..." One of the boys laughed as he felt Valerie's muscles tightening in fear. "Just come with us and you might actually... enjoy it."

Valerie's cheeks fell bright red as they realised that that was what they wanted with her. Fuck. 

She had heard some of the girls in form time giggling and gossiping about the rumour that the popular group had sometimes shared girlfriends and had sex before, but she didn't think that it was true... let alone that they'd do it to her. Valerie had felt disgusted when she heard those girls talk about how they would 100% let them do it, and now as she felt horrified as she realised she was in the position where that could happen to her

They began leading her through the front entrance, nobody stopping them in their wake as they simply looked like a bunch of school friends, didn't they? Only when they opened the door and led Valerie out, her head drooped and facing the floor did anyone make a remark.

"Oi, what you doing?" Vik shouted from the seats at the group. Thank fucking God for Vik, Valerie thought as she raised her head to make eye contact with the group, who had now trained all eyes on the huddle. "Valerie? What-"

"Mind your own fuckin business, Thickko," One of the boys retorted and laughed with one another at the name. 

"What the fuck are you doing with Valerie." Josh had stood up and almost stated the question- any hint of joy he'd previously held now wiped from his expression- eyes cold and expression intimidating. 

"Don't you worry about that, emo..." Chris laughed mockingly. "Oh and here's your hot chocolates-"

Will from behind them threw the tray onto the table, landing with a clatter as the drinks fell to their sides, a two's lids getting knocked off and scalding Simon and Harry with the boiling drinks. 

A crude laughter rang from the other boys as Simon and Harry had screamed at the sensation, now soaked with the hot and sticky remains whilst the rest of the group stared at them in horror.

"You coming or not, Jide?" Cal asked, almost threateningly. Of course, they were his friends- why wouldn't they ask that. Valerie looked to JJ, his eyes wide and every muscle seeming to be frozen in his body with shock. Valerie was almost pleading with her eyes before he seemed to unfreeze, and nodded, getting up to join the horrible group, at least managing to shove one of the others off and sling an arm around Valerie, providing at least a fraction of comfort.

"Oh, and thanks for letting us have a go with Freya." They cackled at Josh, his hands curling together and into fists, pupils dilating and jaw tensing in clear agitation, "Yeah, she gave real good dome..." Valerie's eyes widened at the statement, though she only felt more uncomfortable as she felt someone begin stroking her hair from behind. " Not as good as this one might though-"

The grip on Valerie's waist and hair instantly fell slack as the person let out a scream, hands going to cover their face as Josh had tossed the tray at them, a mix of cutlery and boiling beverage covering two of the boys, whilst the other two looked between Josh and their screaming friends in horror. 

"What you gonna try fight?" Josh began cracking his knuckles and rolling his neck, clearly ready for a fight. The other two boys looked slightly unsure, though luckily they didn't have to make the decision. 

"Don't try fight them you imbeciles- get us to the fucking A&E!" The boy on the ground yelled, causing the other two to share a look before scurrying to help their group off the floor and in the opposite direction, yelling profanities back at us. 

Valerie turned around to face her group, wanting to cry as she felt the weight fall from her shoulders down to her heart as she saw Simon and Vik mopping themselves with tissues and taking their jackets off despite the freezing cold, whilst Harry tried comforting them with wide eyes- JJ trying the same with Valerie- though Valerie felt as though she wasn't even present in the moment- as though she were watching a movie that wasn't her own life. 

Josh's hand found Valerie's hand, gripping it tightly enough for her to feel comfort, and yet also tightly enough to feel pain. 

"Great shit everyone, but we are fucking going now."

With that, Josh turned his back and made Valerie stumble slightly as his hand dragged her away, not turning back to look at her as he marched away, still clearly seething from the bullshit end to a what he had planned to be a beautiful day for him and Valerie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 1.2K 32
Imagines of the sidemen because why not... Discontinued!! 23rd in Wroetoshaw- 26.05.20 1st in JJJ- 27.05.20 1st in JoshBradley- 30.05.20 3rd in Tobji...
231K 2.9K 53
y/n is JJs bestfriend and she finds out she only has a certain time to live. in telling JJ she became closer to JJs friends could she possibly fall f...
1.6K 17 15
This is story about girl who doesn't have family. Living on own and not having friends can be hard but what happen when you get saved?
18K 618 20
WARNING: Contains violence, sexual content, and swearing! Inspired by @RoseSDMNXIX