Daisy Hyland

By daisymaybank

The younger sister of Brooke and Paige. Daisy is a 4 year old dance who dances at the ALDC and despite her ag... More

Introduction
The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing the show
When starts Collide
Dying to dance
Shes a fighter
Love on the Dance Floor
From ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy brings it on
Theres only one star
Note
Everyone's replaceable

It all ends here

430 8 0
By daisymaybank

This week is nationals and I'm literally praying I get to dance. We walk in and get ready for pyramid

"Here we are in another studio, another week we need to learn a new group routine this is tough" Abby says

We all nod along

"We have to do it today and there's props, now I want to reflect a little bit on the last two weeks, I keep telling you guys you have been given an amazing opportunity, you've been hand selected across the country and learnt a new number each week and done these competitions"

I know I'll be on the bottom as normal and I know I won't be in the group as normal. I'm standing next to Paige and I hold her hand because I'm getting a bit nervous about what Abby will say

Then she starts with pyramid

"Im gonna start now with Daisy, you haven't danced since you embarrassed me and ran of the stage crying"

I want to cry, I just wanna go home

"Paige, went behind my back and learnt your own solo"

"Moving on McKenzie, Nia"

They won their duet, I though they should be second and third on the pyramid after Chloe

"Next we have Chloe"
What?! She won

"Brooke and back on top we have Maddie, you will be doing your solo and also a duet with Chloe, Chloe you will also be doing your solo"

"Brooke and Paige you have a duet I want you to work together as friends, not fight as sisters, if you waste time bickering you're never gonna get it finished"

"Daisy I want you to do a solo, maybe don't forget it this time"

Yay I'm so happy I get to dance at nationals

"Everyone is in the group dance, even you MacKenzie and Daisy"

Omg OMG I have a solo and I'm in the group dance

"Every single one of you is apart of this puzzle, and every single one of you needs to pull their weight and  I'm  telling you why we need to win."

"Let's get to rehearsal and get moving"

We start practicing and Abby says

"Alright ladies the piece is called beautiful and what it's about is not how pretty you're gonna be but how pretty you are on the outside"

We're using mirrors for props and the routine is difficult, I hope I can keep up with the older girls

"Ok you're gonna roll to the left and 5,6,7,8"

After we finish practicing group Chloe starts her solo and she cries because she's tired. I feel her.

The next day we're sitting waiting for Abby and then she calls in the Moms to talk to them.

"What do you think they're taking about" Paige asks everyone

"I don't know probably about us" Chloe says

Then we get back to group and there's a really fun part where me and McKenzie get lifted up into the air. Chloe and Paige our lifting me and Brooke and Nia lift Kenzie.  Maddie gets a little solo moment.

There's a lot of points in the dance where I'm not actually dancing, just waiting off stage with MacKenzie.

Then my solo rehearsal which is a cute number that I've performed before, never on the show though. So it doesn't take too long to practice.

It's called never land and I'm dressed up as tinkerbell and it's my favourite solo I do.

I haven't been home in so long and I feel a bit home sick, I miss my friends and family.

After a bit more rehearsal Abby takes us to a grassy field place and we are all doing tricks and it's so fun, then we play bowling and I loose by so much.

Today was really fun because we had lots of free time to hangout together. We go back to the hotel and I'm so tired, I hear the other girls playing music and jumping around and it's really annoying. I go to find Mommy but she's not here, she must be with the moms

I want to cry, nothings good I feel sick and it's so noisy and crowded so I cry myself to sleep.

I wake up and Brooke and Paige are already eating breakfast and I have cornflakes and apple juice for breakfast. The next few days we just rehearse a lot and then it's time to go to nationals

On the bus Mommy starts on my hair so there is less to do at the competition but it's really hard to sit still because the bus is so bumpy.

When we're in the dressing room Maddies Dad comes in and says hi which is really nice.

First is solos so me Maddie and Chloe walk to the wings together.

"Please welcome to the stage act number 14 'never land'"

I step onto stage and get in my starting pose, on the floor. I finish and run off and Maddie and Chloe say I did so well. Hopefully I win.

I watch Maddie do her dance and hug her as she comes of stage. Chloe's dance is going so well but then she freezes and when it finishes she runs off and cries and me and Maddie comfort her.

Now it's time for solos awards, please please please.

"Starting with our 3-5 category in fifth place we have act number 72"

I clap, I still have a chance. Now it's down to first place.

"In first place is act number 14 never land"

I get up I can't believe I won they crown me and I get a sash I'm so happy. Then I get my trophy

"What studio are you from"
"Abby Lee Dance Company"
"And how does it feel to win"
"Amazing" I say

I go sit down and all the girls cheer for me

Maddie wins and she is also crowned, we're matching.

When awards are over I go to Mommy and hug her

"I'm so proud of you" she says

Then we head to the audience to watch Brooke and Paige but I'm not really watching I'm just so excited I won. Then Maddie and Chloe's dance which is really good.

In awards Paige and Brooke get 5th and Maddie and Chloe win. Maddie won twice already, she's amazing.

Now we have to rush and get ready for group and I'm so nervous, I thought I would be excited but I'm just nervous I don't want to let everyone down.

Abby starts ranting but I'm just too nervous to listen and I can't I'm so stressed. We head to the wings and Paige kisses me on the head before we go on.

"Welcome to the stage act 1001 this is my beauty"

We go on and do the dance which goes so well

Now awards

"One single point, just one point separates first and second place, I'm gonna call both groups up here in no particular order this is my beauty ALDC"

We run up to the stage

"And rolling in the deep"

The other team gets up and we all hold hands

"Now audience are you ready for the first place winner... this is my beauty ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY"

We all scream and jump and clap, I'm so excited!!!

I won my solo and we won the group. AHHH!!!! I hug MacKenzie

"Who choreographed your dance"
"Abby Lee Miller" we all scream
"And what studio"
"Abby Lee Dance Company"

We get our plaque and run to the dressing room and when Abby comes in we all run and give her a massive hug

"Hands in" Abby says

"1,2,3, we are Abby Lee, 4,5,6 you should see our kicks, 7 and 8, we are really great, 9 and ten we just won again" we all say and scream

Then Abby tells us we're going back to LA

We all scream again but I kinda miss home, I look and all the moms look annoyed. I miss Dad and Josh and I just wanna sleep in my own bed. It's getting tiring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 259 30
Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when she is put on the competition team with...
11.4K 220 45
paige hyland. the forgotten dancer. the cast-aside talent. the one abby lee miller will never give a chance too. but what happens when one day she do...
39.6K 625 25
Layla and Lyric are two incredible 12 year old twin dancers. They are each others biggest competition. They are best friends and like to stay to them...
5.9K 154 38
Maci Ziegler. Maddie Ziegler little sister and Mackenzie big sister. A girl who dances for the ALDC but when an amazing opportunity comes in for a re...