Love is a game (Love in the a...

By Feychild1225

This is a collection of Love in the air one shots that I have already published elsewhere and I am putting to... More

Secret agent man
The Window
Stitches of Love
The Canvas
The Easter Bunny's Tale
Amusement Park Date
Rain the fan boy
The Internship
It's only make believe
Rain The Cat Whisperer
I licked it, it's mine
Old Friends, New loves
The Mischievous Princes
Choices of Love
Fairy Child
Sensual Arts
Sensual Arts part 2
Cooking Lessons
Woke up in Love (Emo Demon)
Crying With the Wolves
Last Friday Night
Phi is mine
He's Your Problem Now (phi is mine part 2)
Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)
Crystal Clear
Midnight Aurora
Candy Striped
There's a thin line between secret admirer and stalker
Rain is unlucky
Kumiho: A Tale of a Nine Tail
Better Than in the Middle
Always
Blind Date
Cat's in the Cradle (a hybrid story)
Cat Class and Cat Style (a hybrid story)
Holiday Angel
Bell in the night
No One But You (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
I'd Rather be famous Instead (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
Learning What I like about you (cam boy Phayu au)
Be Mine, Only and Forever (cam boy Phayu au)

Love in reverse

905 44 4
By Feychild1225

Phayu sighs, he really would have rathered skip the open house. These things are aimed towards high school students who are unsure what faculty they want to join or who have questions about their chosen faculty. Students that want to keep their options open. Phayu already knows he is going into architecture. It's what he has wanted to do for as long as he can remember.

The only reason he is here is because it's what his friends wanted to do. They even said they would come with him for "moral support". By that they meant that they want to check out the incoming freshman to see if there are any cute ones they want to hit on.

Saifah and Oat aren't nearly as bad as Pai but they all still study the other students with interest.

At least Saifah has one useful piece of information. He says his brother is a student at the faculty and will give them a tour. He goes to find him now.

They wait near the front entrance for Saifah to find his brother, in the meantime Pai has spotted "someone interesting" as he always calls people he finds cute, which seems to be over half of Bangkok's population under 25. Phayu groans when he spots Pai's target. This isn't one of the many high school students milling around, Pai has taken interest in a senior architect student, at least fourth or fifth year. The guy is definitely cute, tall, with black hair and pretty eyes.

Luckily Saifah returns that moment with his brother and they are able to distract Pai.

"P'Rain, these are my friends I told you about," Saifah says. Phayu turns to greet the senior and feels as if the world has just came to a screeching halt. P'Rain is the most beautiful person he has ever seen in his life. He looks nothing like his brother, shorter than the high school student, with auburn hair cut in a cute mushroom style, he has delicate features that Phayu can only describe as pretty.

Phayu forgets that a few seconds ago he was lamenting the fact that Pai found an older student cute because in his mind he is already planning on how to pursue Rain.

Saifah glances from Phayu to Rain with a frown. He doesn't like the determination that flashes across his friend's face. He has seen that look before and it always spells trouble for the object of Phayu's desire. Rain may be his older brother but he has spent most of his life living with their grandmother in Korea and is shockingly innocent for someone his age. Sometimes Saifah feels more like Rain's older brother instead of the other way around.

Phayu isn't as bad as Pai. Pai is an unrepentant player of the worst kind. Phayu is just intense. Too intense at times. Not the sort of person Saifah would choose for his brother even if Phayu is one of his best friends.

Saifah isn't surprised when Rain is oblivious of the attention Phayu is paying him. He barely glances at the high school students, his mind is probably on some homework assignment he needs to complete or some task he needs to finish at the garage.

"P'Rain, please take care of me." Phayu says in a cute voice that makes all three of his friends stare at him in shock.

Rain looks at him for the first time, whatever he is about to say dies on his lips as he actually sees Phayu, and his mouth drops open.

Careful, P'Rain you will catch flies, Saifah thinks with a mental facepalm. Damn it, why does Phayu have to be so handsome?

"Tour?" Phayu says with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh right, tour,"'Rain says, "I will show you around now."

Phayu moves up to walk beside Rain, "P'Rain, Saifah tells me you are a fourth year student, right? Can you tell me what the classes are like?"

Rain could. He was back on comfortable ground now and Saifah knew if there was one thing Rain could do it was talk. Many people found this annoying and even Saifah had told him to shut up a few times, but Phayu listened to him go on like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"So do you live at home or in the dorms," Phayu asks. "I'm trying to decide what I want to do."

Saifah raises an eyebrow at this, Phayu already has a small condo reserved just outside of campus.

"Oh, I share a dorm with my friend Sky," Rain says. "I seldom have time to sleep at home."

"What about during the school breaks?" Phayu asks.

Rain sighs, "I will be in Korea, I have some business to wrap up with our grandmother's estate."

For once Saifah is glad that Rain seldom has time to be home. Maybe with time Phayu will move on to a new target.

Phayu practically becomes a permanent fixture at Saifah's house and garage after that, often dragging Oat and Pai with him. Saifah's parents get used to seeing the four boys studying for their general admission exams or playing video games in the loft apartment above the garage or in Saifah's room at their house. To Phayu's disappointment and Saifah's delight, Phayu seldom catches even so much as a glimpse of Rain. When Rain is at the garage he is usually in with his parents or P'Nui the receptionist working on paperwork. The few times he has been home he has been locked in his room working on assignments or projects.

By the time Phayu's school break starts, Rain has already left for Korea. Phayu still spends most of his time at Saifah's, partially to kill time and partially to fish for information on Rain. Saifah won't talk to him at all about Rain, but Phayu manages to pick up some little tidbits from their parents. When he runs across one of Rain's school papers with his student ID on it he has Pai pull some strings so he will end up as Rain's code line junior. It's also by staying with Saifah that Phayu first learns of the illegal underground races that Saifah's dad is the main mechanic for. That's when Phayu decides to go to Saifah's dad and ask if he could work part time in the garage. He hints that he could use the money for school to help out his struggling parents, but fails to mention that his dad is a well off business owner and his mother helps out in the offices and with client meetings. To his surprise, Phayu finds he has a knack for working on all engines and he especially loves the big bikes that the garage takes care of for the races.

It also turns out that Oat and Pai both have a knack for racing bikes. That is why Saifah's dad gets permission from his boss, P'Pakin, to take the four of them to a few races over their school. Phayu and Saifah help out in the mechanic's pit and Oat and Pai race each other until people start to recognize their skills and issue some challenges, growing their reputation quickly. Rumors soon spread about the four kids barely out of highschool that are becoming P'Pakins favorites for each race.

Rain is delayed in Korea and doesn't get back to Bangkok until two days before classes start so the first time Phayu gets to see him again is at freshman orientation. Even better, Rain is the one to seek him out. Phayu barely keeps his mouth from dropping open. Rain has changed his hair while in Korea. Gone is the cute but slightly childish auburn mushroom style, his hair has gotten longer over break and he has dyed it a stunning shade of blond. It now hangs softly around his face.

"You changed your hair," Phayu manages, he hopes his voice sounds normal.

Rain nods, "I had the other style since highschool, I meant to change it a while ago but never seemed to get around to it. My cousin did it for me while in Korea, she is a hairdresser."

"It suits you," Phayu says and he feels like that could win the award for understatement of the year.

"Thank you. Oh, nong Phayu, the reason I sought you out is it turns out you are my code line junior." Rain says with a grin.

"Really? What a coincidence. It will be so nice to have someone I know to help me out though." Phayu says.

"I'm glad," Rain says. "Dad told me you were working at the garage now, too. I will be on hand to help you with your work anytime."

"Oh I couldn't ask you to do that, you will be busy with your thesis." Phayu says.

"It won't be a problem, it's my duty as your senior right?" Rain says smiling.

"Then I'll be imposing on you." Phayu says. He reaches out a hand and tucks a stray hair behind Rain's ear.

Rain looks slightly confused for a minute but then smiles and tells Phayu that he has to go meet friends. "Call on me anytime, always glad to help."

"Oh, I will." Phayu says to himself as Rain walks away.

Rain is a little surprised when his car doesn't start. His dad and Saifah keep it in excellent shape. Rain is a little embarrassed to admit this, since he is the son of a garage owner and works in a garage, but he really isn't very good with cars. To be fair he didn't grow up in the garage or around them and he is very good with helping with the business side of the garage so he just lets his dad and brother take care of his car. He is just about to call P'Aon to come get it when there is a knock on his window.

"P'Rain, is something wrong? I saw you sitting here." Phayu asks.

Rain pouts a little, "My car won't start. I was just about to call P'Aon."

"Oh, hmm. Why don't you do that and I will give you a lift to the garage." Phayu says.

"No need to bother, I will just ride in the tow truck." Rain says with a frown.

"It's no bother, I work this afternoon anyway." Phayu smiles.

"I guess in that case, it would be nice not to have to wait for P'Aon I have a lot of work to do this afternoon." Rain grabs his bookbag and drafting tube off the front seat.

"Let me carry those for you." Phayu says and grabs them before Rain can protest. His hands linger on Rain's fingers a little bit too long when he takes the things.

"Nice bike," Rain whistles in appreciation. He may not have the experience that Saifah has but he has been around the garage enough since moving back from Korea that he can appreciate a well built bike.

"Thank you, your dad and Saifah helped me rebuild her over the summer." Phayu says proudly. It isn't a put on, he does love this bike that he practically rebuilt from scratch. He grabs the extra helmet but rather than handing it to Rain, he puts it on Rain himself, gently brushing his fingers on Rain's face as he adjusts the straps. Rain puts his backpack and drafting tube over his shoulders before climbing on behind Phayu. Phayu pulls his arms around his own waist. "Hold on tight."

The bike is designed in such a way that Rain can't help but to cling to Phayu's back. He can't help but notice the feel of Phayu's muscles under the junior's jacket or how nice he smells. Rain mentally shakes himself, this is his junior and his brother's friend.

At the garage Rain works on catching up with paperwork while he waits for P'Aon to bring in his car. Saifah and Phayu are looking it over when he joins them in the garage.

"What's wrong with it? I didn't leave the headlights on again did I?" Rain asks.

"No, your battery cables were loose, they just needed to be adjusted." Saifah says with a frown.

"Wow that's weird," Rain says, "I wonder how that happened."

"I wonder," Saifah says sardonically while staring at Phayu, Phayu only looks back at him with raised eyebrows.

Phayu wraps up his work in the garage and grabs a couple of bottles of water. Rain had gone into the office to work on his thesis a while back and could probably use a break by now. The sight that greets him makes him stop short, Rain is asleep on the sofa, all of his study materials spread out on the table and floor. Phayu isn't sure if he has ever seen something so cute in his life.

Phayu picks up and organizes Rain's notes for him. It looks like Rain's thesis is on ancient architecture and Rain is taking a pretty smart angle on it. Phayu smiles at a sleeping Rain, there is no doubt that Rain is clever although Saifah says he sometimes has trouble focusing in classes. Once Phayu has all of Rain's notes and papers organized he stacks them up along with Rain's research books. Then he sits down on the edge of the sofa and studies a sleeping Rain. "So cute" he thinks again.

Phayu can't help but to run a finger along Rain's cheek and touch his soft lips, something he has wanted to do from the beginning. Rain's eyes flutter open and he looks at Phayu with surprise but there is also a deeper emotion that makes Phayu lean forward, he wants to feel those lips not just with his finger but with his own lips.

Just that moment the office door slams open and Saifah bursts in. "Phi Chai, you have a phone call." He says loudly.

Rain jumps up blushing as if he just now realized where he was and what almost happened, Phayu glares at Saifah behind Rain's back.
Saifah and Phayu follow Rain out of the office. Rain looks at the office phone in confusion when there are no lights flashing. "Oh, they must have hung up, I'm sorry I didn't get the number," Saifah says with a side eye at Phayu.

"Oh, okay, if my car is okay now, I should go back to the dorm." Rain leaves Phayu glaring all that much harder at Saifah.

Rain is having lunch with Sky when he feels a hand on his shoulder. "P'Rain," Phayu says bending closely to him, "I found a book I think you might be interested in for your thesis."

"You read his thesis?" Sky says.

Phayu glances over at the other senior, thinking that he doesn't need another person interfering. Saifah is bad enough. To his surprise he immediately recognizes the guy, it is Pai's "someone interesting" from open house. This gives him the beginning of an idea.

"It was an accident, P'Rain fell asleep at the garage office and I just happened to see his notes. I couldn't help but read them they were really good, P'Rain is so clever." Phayu says.

Sky gives him an appraising look at this. Phayu feels there will be no fooling this one. He mentally wishes Pai luck, he will have his work cut out for him for sure. 

"Anyway, I was in the library just now and I saw this book. I knew it would be perfect for your research." Phayu says.

"That is so thoughtful," Rain says, "Sky this is nong Phayu, our junior and my direct code line junior."

Phayu gives Sky a respectful wai and excuses himself he needs to find Pai. He finds Pai and Saifah having lunch and pulls Pai to the side. It's very important Saifah does not know about this plan because there is a second half involving him.

"Pai, do you remember the guy you liked at the open house?" Phayu asks.

"Do I ever, I have been searching for him everywhere, but I haven't seen him again. I was worried he might have already graduated." Pai says wistfully.

"He hasn't and I know who he is. It's P'Sky, P'Rain's roommate." Phayu says, "I think we can help each other out." Phayu outlines his plan to Pai.

The next day Phayu stops Oat before classes. Luckily Saifah left early because he wanted to check out an engine they are working on for a project. "Oat, I need your help but you absolutely cannot tell Saifah."

Oat frowns, "If it's some kind of mean prank you want to play I won't help."

Phayu gives him his best smile, "Oh it's not, it's a good thing. I want to find Ai'Saifah a girlfriend. Is there anyone he likes or likes him? You are with him all the time for classes so you probably know best."

Oat thinks it over. "There is one girl in class that is always asking Saifah for advice. I think she likes him but Saifah hasn't noticed. Oatkheam is her name and she is in all of our classes."

"Excellent." Phayu says with a grin.

Phayu lets Oat get work on Oatkheam, clueing her in to all of Saifah's likes and dislikes, it's no surprise when Saifah starts bringing her around the garage.

Phayu finishes the bike he is tuning up for next Friday's race, and looks proudly over his work. Architecture may be his lifelong dream but he thinks bikes and engines may be in his blood as well. He hopes he will be able to manage to do both.

"You really enjoy this," Rain says from behind him, "maybe you should have been born into this family instead of me."

Phayu turns and realizes they are alone. Saifah left earlier to see Heam and the mechanics have all left for the night. "You weren't raised around the garage like Saifah though so it's understandable you wouldn't know as much about engines."

"It seems like I should have some natural inclination though. To be honest I prefer the business side of the garage. My brain just can't seem to process the mechanical side." Rain frowns. "Dad and Saifah have both tried to show me but it just doesn't take. Look at you, you weren't raised around the garage either but you have a natural talent according to dad."

Phayu doesn't like Rain looking so sad, he has the type of personality that is only suited for smiles and cute little pouts. "P'Rain we all have our own talents. I've seen you in the office with P'Nui and you understand things about a computer that I can barely dream of. I heard you even came up with a revolutionary new filing system, that's what your dad said anyway."

"He did?" Rain brightened at this.

"He was telling Saifah and I all about it." Phayu said, "He was very proud."

Rain smiles. "You worked very late, even mom and dad went home an hour ago. Have you eaten? I was about to go to a late night porridge shop near here if you want to wash up and join me."

Of course Phayu wants to join him.
Rain looks a little dazed when Phayu slips his hand into Rain's as they walk, but he doesn't pull away. Phayu takes this as a good sign.

At the restaurant Phayu grabs the order pad and asks Rain what he wants to eat. Rain happily tells him his favorites and Phayu orders all of them. It's more than enough for both of them and Phayu can eat anything. Rain blinks in surprise when Phayu feeds him but he lets him anyway.

"Are you going to the race Friday?" Phayu asks as they walk back to the garage.

Rain nods. He hasn't been to many races but has gone to a few with his dad and Saifah while visiting from Korea and since he moved back. "I promised to take Sky, he's gone to a few since we've been roommates."

"Oh," Phayu tries to not sound disappointed but then maybe this is a good time for Sky to get to know Pai. It wouldn't hurt his friend in the coolness department to win a race or two.

Back at the garage Rain turns to Phayu and says, "So I guess I'll see you at the race?"

"P'Rain." Phayu says quietly, causing Rain to look up at him. "Can I kiss you?"

Rain looks surprised at this, "I, uh," he starts but then he nods. Phayu leans in lightly brushing Rain's lips with his to begin with, relishing their softness and taste. Then he presses a little harder. He wants to push Rain further, to taste more but he senses from the way Rain kisses that this is his first kiss. Phayu wonders how that is even possible at Rain's age but it also makes him very happy that he is the first to taste these wonderful lips. He pulls back and wipes Rain's lips with his thumb.

Rain watches as Phayu turns and goes. Part of him wants to call him back and kiss him more, but the thought makes Rain too shy. Rain knows some people might find it strange that he was 22 and just now had his first kiss. They probably wouldn't understand that the village Rain had lived with his grandmother had been very isolated with Rain being homeschooled because there were no other children his age in the vicinity. Since he had returned to Thailand he had been extremely busy with school and the garage, dating had not been a priority. Besides which no one had really caught his eye before now. Rain groans a little at this, why did it have to be someone 4 years his junior though. And Saifah's friend, he reminds himself again. Saifah is going to kill him.

Rain often drags Sky to the races because he doesn't like to go on his own. Sky doesn't really have feelings for the races one way or the other, but he feels his time could better be used for school work. The two of them park outside and walk in greeting the guards by name. They have been here enough over the past five years that all the guards know they are. The regular racers also know to leave them alone because Rain's dad is P'Pakin's head mechanic. Every once in a while someone new will decide to be an asshole but the guards keep a close eye on Rain when he isn't at the mechanic pit and shut down any that try.
Rain pulls Sky over to the mechanic pit where Saifah is waiting with Phayu and two other younger people Sky doesn't know. Sky is a little taken aback by the handsomeness of one of the two. He might even be Sky's type if he weren't for the fact that Sky has never once dated anyone younger than him.

"Sky, you already know Phayu, this is Oat and Pai, Saifah and Phayu's friends." Rain says. They both greet Sky.

"P'Sky," Pai says turning to him with his best puppy dog eyes, "what a cute name. You are going to come watch me race right?"

Sky looks at him surprised. Is he actually flirting with Sky? It's obvious to Sky that this kid was born to flirt and Sky finds he is not completely immune to his charms.

Pai continues, "Please, P'Sky say you'll come watch me race. You can stand with Saifah, he's coming as well."

"Well, I, guess." Sky looks at Rain unsure but his friend is staring at Phayu in his mechanic's overalls. Sky wants to ask exactly what is going on there but doesn't want to embarrass his friend in front of the others. Somehow Sky finds himself pulled over to the starting line along with Saifah. It's only after they are there that he realizes that Rain hasn't come with them.

Sky has to admit his heart thumps hard as he watches Pai race. It feels dangerous and exciting although the boy easily beats his opponent. Also there is the fact that Pai looks really cool in his race suit and jacket stradling the big bike.

The three of them return to the mechanic pit after the race but Rain and Phayu seem to have disappeared somewhere. They ask Oat and he says he thinks they went to check out the bikes being unloading from the big trucks. They make their way over there but Phayu and Rain are seemingly nowhere to be found. A sound draws their attention to the area behind the trucks.

All three freeze in shock at the sight that greets them there. Phayu has Rain pushed up against the truck and they are kissing each other passionately. Sky doesn't know whether he should leave or say something but it's Saifah's "What the fuck?" that breaks the silence.

"Language, Ai'Saifah." Phayu says as he pulls back from Rain. Rain is flushed but Sky can't tell if it's from the kiss or embarrassment at being caught.

"Saifah, I." Rain looks at Phayu with helplessness, but then takes a breath and continues. "Phayu and I are dating."

Saifah puts his head in his hands, "Please tell me this is a nightmare that I will wake up from soon."
Sky is torn between amazement and being happy for his friend. He finally settles on being happy. He had been suspicious of Phayu's innocent act in the past but the junior really seems to care for Rain, and that's all that really matters to Sky.

Pai grins and says, "you dog," to Phayu, but it's obvious he is happy for his friend as well.

As Phayu passes Saifah with his head in his hands he whispers the one phrase that makes Saifah's nightmare complete, "brother-in-law."

Rain goes back to Phayu's condo with him. Pai, Oat, and Saifah volunteer to take Sky home.

That evening when Phayu had pulled him behind the truck and had confessed that he liked Rain and wanted to be his boyfriend, Rain had practically melted against Phayu. It was as if he had waited his entire life for those words. It had been embarrassing to be caught kissing by his brother and friends but at least it was out in the open now.

Rain feels a little shy once they get back to the condo. He wants this but would anyone blame him for hesitating? He had only experienced his first kiss a short while ago, this was so far beyond his experience he didn't even know how to initiate the first step.

"Rain, we don't have to do anything you aren't ready for." Phayu says.

In answer, Rain turns to him and kisses him again. "This is what I want." he says breathlessly

Epilogue one year later

Rain loves coming home to his boyfriend. Between his own work and Phayu's school and work at the garage, they never seemed to have enough time to spend together. Luckily for them tonight is one they both have free.

When he gets home Phayu already has dinner waiting for him. It always amazes Rain that even though he is the older one Phayu seems to always take care of him. This fact has earned them their own private term of endearments for when they are alone.

Rain moves behind the kitchen counter where Phayu is putting food on serving plates and kisses his boyfriend thoroughly.

"Did my baby boy have a good day at work?" Phayu asks him when they break the kiss.

"Yes, daddy." Rain answers with a smirk.

********

Notes:

Game prompt. What if Rain and Phayu were reversed, Rain was older, Saifah was Rain's brother, and Rain's Family owned the garage. What would change if a younger Phayu came into his life.

This was a fun idea, thanks to my discord server.

Also the epilogue is completely due to several people wanting Rain to still call Phayu daddy even though Phayu is the younger one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 101 17
BoyxBoy OneShots Book! This will contain fictional characters that I have created, !!! = Lemon/Smut !! = Fluff ! = Angst This is my first OneShots...
478K 6.7K 148
one shots
19.2K 540 18
Oneshot collection πŸ˜€ These will be short stories with both the couples from love in the air. Ps. They have nothing to do with eachother. So enjoy an...
21.5K 813 15
A fanfiction of PrapaiSky from Love In The Air the series. This story is made on my own imagination. I hope you will like it β™‘ [Completed] ✺ Sky lost...