Flawless Silence

By ErraticChand-p

When Annika, a science graduate, agrees to an arranged marriage chosen by her parents, she finds herself wedd... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 17

863 104 42
By ErraticChand-p

With amusing tingling in his heart, Shivaay watched as Annika walked the length of the room with her legs straight, chin up and hands gripping her waist.

As if she was a runaway model modelling for the footwear brand. He squeezed his eyes shut and sighed once again a few seconds later when he found the selling receipt.

"Tum pagal ho!" Shivaay howled eyeing the straps of the footwear which went around her ankle. Nothing was covering her sole other than the block of a raised platform. Why are ladies this tangled? Was his wife the only one in his category? He pondered.

[Trans- you are mad]

"Mein? Me?" Annika, who was ramping the length ceased for a second before gasping for air. How dare he comment on her!

[Trans- Me?]

"Aur nahi toh kya? Mera baap? Pagal ho tum."

[Trans- who else other than you? My father? You are mad]

"Same to you. Back to you. No return." Annika pushed her lower lip out and lashed angrily.

Shivaay sighed yet once again as Annika twisted her mouth and turned her face away from him. She was huffing-puffing. And he found it too cute to resist pinching her round cheeks which were now rosy pink.

Shivaay stood up, shoving the rotating chair making space to stand and spoke. "Who purchases this stupid slipper for eight thousand? Only those who are nuts would dare to go and purchase them. And anyway, with your scholarship! How stupid are you, just like this slipper! Paragon bathroom chappals are available for two hundred, you know that."

"It's not slipper or chappal! These are six-inch point stilettos. And it's only seven thousand four hundred five." She clarified the painting on the receipt, pronouncing each number. "And for your kind information, there is a difference between bathroom chappals and my stilettos."

"As if that makes any sense!" Shivaay scoffed at her and walked towards the closet and started pulling other new collections of formal clothes.

"Shivaay yaar!" Annika whined, watching him pull her things showing how she has wasted money on this stuff.

[Trans- dude]

"Aap ko bas cosmetic products ya phir naye kapdee ke padi hain," Shivaay told as he arranged the messed-up closet. Especially concerning her side of the closet. It was a mess. At times he wondered if the clothes were hanky or some tops. It was confusing, with the length that was much little than that of his large white handkerchief. He remembered the time when he was stranded hyperventilating and wheezing as he was folding the laundry clothes, and by chance, he was caught with threads which Annika named the newest trend. Rolling his eyes at her side glaring and commenting he had continued to fold them with a stupefied countenance.  

[Trans- you are always into cosmetics products or new clothes. You are too find of them]

Last week he had given a thunderclap lecture on possessing, surveillance and folding her clothes in thirteen by seven inches. that is what he was taught by his father. though he wasn't keen on carrying forward his father's heritage of a few punches here and there. He also gave her a crash course in colour arrangement and he well knew that won't be followed by Her Highness! 

Please note the sarcasm.

Annika pouted as he continued gesturing to look at the messed-up wardrobe. the winter and summer clothes were piled in one corner along with her few hand clutches that were stretched out across.

"You are hard to maintain. Expensive biwi ho!" Shivaay sharply told eyeing the expensive hand clutches and her favourite terracotta pieces of jewellery. If the value of the values were counted it would have been thousands. Shivaay pondered if his dearest shoes were something to this match. 

[Trans- Your are expensive wife]

"Expensive biwi!" She scoffed, "So you are trying to dump me? As if you can! Your next six life is connected with mine and to your notice I'm not gonna leave you!" Stomping her foot softly, not pressing her newest footwear, she glowered with blazing stares. 

[Expensive wife!]

"Seriousness he nahi hein," Shivaay murmured. "What's your age?" Shivaay walked to his desk and made himself comfortable, waiting for her response.

[Trans- you don't have any seriousness]

"Twenty-four in three months." Annika muttered, slowly slipping out of her dearest and newly purchased 'Chappal'; in Shivaay's words. With still her brows pulled together, Annika didn't lose her equanimity and kept her outlook as she continued showcasing her wife's reign.   

Cracking his knuckles, Shivaay laughed gloomily as he remarked. "You don't seem to be. I think this is bal vivah. The government is gonna kick my ass because I married a kid."

[Trans- child marriage.]

"You call me kid!" She exclaimed with her two eyes wide open as that of a saucepan along with her mouth parted in surprise. 

"Yes so!" Shivaay rolled his eyes in obvious and swirled around the whirling chair and then continued typing on the keyboard to draft the petition to the court.

Dramatising a bit, Annika bawled her eyes out and counterfeit cried.

In the next few minutes, he scrutinised and listened to Annika as she rang her mother-in-law a quick video call wailing and complaining regarding his insensitivity. Shivaay chortled in between the two and paused his fingers that were punching on the keyboard when she hung up the call.

"Come here." He called her, widening his arms and inviting her. With a saddened and pessimistic look on her face, she stepped to him and clung her arms around his neck and settled on his lap.

Shivaay winced and grunted commenting on her weight whilst Annika slapped his arms and buried her face in his crook of neck. "When are you moving?" She asked.

"Two weeks later." He mumbled. "Papa didn't want me to practice here. He says this has small exposure and Bangalore will help with professional development. Also, the firm I'm working for has a branch there. It won't be hard. According to him, I'm doing a sin by splitting married people. he says helping in divorce is like separating two lovers, which obviously he didn't understand. I don't want to dissatisfy him further."

She wanted to disagree with her father-in-law however at the same time she knew how badly he, Shakti, was hurt after Shivaay's college incident. She bounced her head in positive and tightened her clasp on her husband's neck and mumbled. "For how long?"

Shivaay snacked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Don't know." He whispered.

"Are you going to go away from me? What am I supposed to do?" With little fear in her guts, specifically after coming across his ex in the temple, she was shaken and had that fear of losing him. Like she lost her family, her parents and her brother. 

"You're supposed to concentrate on your studies, it's hardly a matter of two years more until you move in with me. Time will fly in a jiffy. I will be visiting home in all festive and we will plan for holidays, as a family. And anyway didn't you say you are linked with me for the next six lives?" He raised his brows.

She smiled a little, finally relieved of the burden of unnecessary thoughts on her mind.

to make the atmosphere a little bit lighter, she fooled aiming at him massive fangirls. "What if you see some girls there? Already you have a great number of fan following!"

"You are jealous." Shivaay pointed out sharply with a smug smile.

"I'm not. Why should I be?" Fabricating her blatant, she jacked up her head and narrowed her eyes at him.

"I don't know. You should be knowing that." Shivaay snickered at her flustered and red face.

"Fine! I'm jealous." Annika twisted her mouth and averted her eyes before accepting it.

"How much? Is my life not enough? I thought my life was yours at the moment we encircled the holy fire. Wasn't that enough?" he smoothly flirted. 

Irritated with his antics she smacked his chest with her small fist.

"You know," Shivaay nodded encouraging her to speak, "tomorrow it would be six months of our wedding. Half a year anniversary."

"Hmm. Let's go for dinner. What say? How about the newly released restaurant? It's Japanese cuisine."

"Yayyy! Let's go! So you shall pay the bills?"

"Like previously I had asked for you to pay for." Mocked Shivaay.

"Hahaha." she laughed not understanding his underlying words.

Shivaay looked at her lips and gulped. Her plumped lips were with a layer of glistering lip balm and with that simply means he was provoked. Those glistening lips invited his. 

"Can I kiss you?" he prompted out of nowhere shocking her to death. Annika was a little taken aback by his straightforwardness and somewhere she knew how that played as an attractive trait.

"Huh! What?" still not convalesced with stupefaction, Annika was met with his tender yet callous fingers cupping her face and turning her towards him. his eyes were set on her and with commonness, he glanced at her lips then and now. 

"Yes or no?" Shivaay asked yet again for her consent as he slowly and seductively drew circles at the corner of her lips with his index whilst he rubbed her lower lip with his thumb pad. 

"Yes!" Annika shyly consented with a blush stretching over her cheek and neck along with her exposed skin.

Her breath hitched, she could sense his breath fanning over her jaws and then lips. Parting her lips slightly she waited for his move, later she started nipping her edges seeing no response from him. watching her hint he cupped her face in his palms and loudly huddled his brims just above her lips and pulled away seconds later. Annika groaned at this and grabbed his round-collared shirt and smothered his lips. stunned by her brave move, he paid back with his synchronised lips shifting with her. taking the dominating forefront he sucked her lower lips, one of his hands shifted from her face curving to her waist and hauled her towards his carcass. 

"That was amazing."

"let's make a deal!" Annika started, still controlling her ragged breathing. "If you make me laugh, you might get a little lucky."

"Lucky as in?" Shivaay subsisted with his parted lips, resting her forehead on her shoulder. 

"hah hahaha ha." Without any doubt, Annika laughed making Shivaay look at her with a bewildered look.  "Bed would be fine right?"

"What? I didn't get you!"

Hello; last week was pretty cool and at the same time hard. I experienced my first-ever mock parliament. At the very beginning of this, I was nervous and was about to run away from there however the speaker (a scholar) was kind enough to make sure all was well and good. The deputy speaker was my senior, and it was my first time seeing or noticing him. Since I and other seniors belong to other universities, I don't often come across as others. My portfolio was Kannhaya Kumar, a JNU student turned political party member. And most of the time, I was dismissed saying, "hein JNU nahi hain!"

It was super fun! And Im amazed by the intelligence and talent of my seniors. They were so well-versed and I felt like a baby in front of a grownup. I might or might not have a big liking towards the deputy speaker. Ohh, my God. It was too fun!

Another great thing was something flirty. Us South Indian something marries our cousins (like father's sister's son or the other way around.) I was speaking to my male friend and casually told him how I hated his name since my atte's (bua) son has the same name and he was a doctor in progress. He laughed and said, your atte's (mother-in-law) son unfortunately has the same name!

I didn't understand it at first and second I had a grasp of it I was laughing along with him. It was so much tease.

Please note, nothing is serious. It's just something about laughing. I wanted you all to laugh at my expense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 5.8K 61
Famous Industrialist, CEO of Oberoi Industries Shivaay Singh Oberoi had planned everything perfectly in his life. Starting from business to his famil...
4.8K 632 29
π”¨π”žπ”¦π”―π”¬π”° 𝘯𝘰𝘢𝘯 πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πšŽπš›πšπšŽπšŒπš, πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŒπšŠπšπšŽ, πšŒπš›πšžπšŒπš’πšŠπš• πš–πš˜πš–πšŽπš—πš Annika Mehra...
22.8K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
103K 8.4K 28
A Shivika SS that deals with the the story of Shivaay and Annika right after the Forced Marriage.... This is a story where Annika finds her identity...