Are you bored yet? | The Brea...

By zimmypooh

[Are You Bored Yet?] "Am I the only one here with a normal family?" Detention was not the place Dahlia would... More

ARE YOU BORED YET?
1| ON TIME

2| NAIL BITING AND TIGHTS

33 2 0
By zimmypooh

Dolly took off her thick beige coat. The library didn't have any air conditioning making it easier for her to get over heated even if her legs were uncovered. Her curly hair that looked soft and neat was paired with a headband that matched her creme shirt. She stared at the back of John Bender's head noticjng he had nice hair. The brunette wondered what shampoo he used or if he used any at all.

The silence didn't last long as Allison started chomping on her nails. Everyone stared at the girl with different emotions. Dolly, for one, was confused why she was biting them so hard.

Allison looked up from her activity and notice that everyone was staring at her. She didn't seem to care though. "You keep eating your hand, you're not going to be hungry for lunch." Bender pointedly said. Allison, in response, spat the nail polish that came off her nails at him. "I've seen you before, you know." He pointed at the girl.

Vernon peeked out of his office to see if the kids were doing what they were assigned. Everyone went back acting like they were interested in the paper he gave out. Dolly wrote her name at the top and wrote Jennifer's as well. She looked in the direction of where the talking was coming from.

"Who I think I am. Who are you? I am a walrus." Brian goofed. Dolly stifled a laugh while Bender looked weirded out. He must have noticed some attention on him as he slowly looked in the direction of the two.

The pen was still in his mouth and pressing into his nostril. She smiled at him. Brian's face got red and he gave an sheepish one back. Dolly watched as Bender yanked the scarf off his neck and Brian turning back around taking the pen out of his mouth soon after.

"Hey, stop staring." January poked her best friend. "Was not" She defended. "Was so"

"It's the shits, huh?" Brian smiled at the boy what was basically glaring at him. Dolly tried to ignore what was happening due to second hand embarrassment and slid her headphones on as she doodled on the corner of the paper. She was skipping through a song on her walkman when she was hit in the head with a paper airplane.

She looked at January and Owen, flipping them off before she stuffed the stupid note in January's open hands. The sound of 'tell me if you want it by' by Pantera was amplified by the silence.

"Great job, Dumbass" January said to Owen who just shrugged innocently in response. Brian snuck a glace at Dolly who was finally satisfied with her music and met the eyes of January. He awkwardly cleared his throat and turned around.

January didn't think she was intimidating but she definitely had a reputation. She looked down at the note that Owen had thrown. 'Get Johnny to say something crazy about Dolly and see if this Brian boy defends her' it read. January thought about it and the idea sounded plausible to her. She leaned forward and nudged John.

He turned around confused and leaned back. She whispered something into his ear and he looked at Owen who gave him a thumbs up. John nodded and an okay gesture. He went back to his position and started humming the song Dolly was playing. She definitely didn't know that it was that loud or if she could even listen to music but to hell with Vernon.

He acted as if he were playing on the track himself. Brian scrutinized him in curiosity. "I can believe this is really happening to me" Claire said towards Andrew rolling her eyes. "Oh shit! What are we supposed to do if we have to take a piss?" He asked looking around as if he wasn't familiar with detention.

The two preppy kids scowled thinking it was a real concern. "Well if you gotta go, you gotta go." He went to unzip his pants. "Oh, my God." Claire groaned. Andrew leaned down to see if he could see if John was being genuine, "you're not urinating I here, man."

"Don't. Don't talk. It makes it crawl back up." John said. January made a face. Brain tilted his head to look. "You whip it out, you're dead before the first drop hits the floor." Andrew threatened. "You're pretty sexy when you get angry." John taunted. Owen smirked shaking his head.

"Hey homeboy," John called out to Brain. Brian looked up from the paper and pointed at himself with the end of his pen. "Why don't you go close that door? We'll get baby face and prom queen impregnated." He finished.

Claire turned around swiftly. Brian screwed his face up in disbelief at the guy's words about his Dolly.. and of course Claire. "Don't say crazy stuff like that" He defended, taking a glace at Dolly. To his relief she was still blasting music probably damaging her eardrums.

Considering his personality, it was pretty big from him to even speak up to someone as intimidating as John Bender. January and Owen looked at each other and shrugged. They thought it was good enough. If he broke her heart then they would just have to jump him. Allison was just watching everything go down in silence.

"Hey. Hey!" Andrew said to get John's attention. "What?!"

"If I lose my temper, you're totaled, man."

"Totally?"

"Totally" Andrew confirmed. "Why don't you shut up? Nobody here's interested. Really. Buttface." Claire said. January laughed at the childish insult which gained her a look from John. Dolly looked at her friends noticing the movement.

She slid her headphones off and let them rest on the table. "What happened?" She asked, clueless."Nothing" Brian said, smiling before anyone else had the chance to say anything else. 'Okay..' Dolly thought.

John went back to what he was saying, "Hey, Sporto, what'd you do to get in here? Forget to wash your jock?"

Dolly gave a look of disbelief toward Brian with her eyebrows raised. "Excuse me, fellows, I think we should just write our papers" Brian avoided eye contact with her. "Just because you and your friends live here doesn't give you the right to be a pain in the ass. So knock it off!" Andrew turned around in his seat facing John.

"What the hell do I got to do with this?" Owen's smile faded. John yawned, "Well it's a free country."

"He's just doing it to get a rise out of you. Just ignore him." Claire tried to calm Andrew down. Dolly was just wondering how this even started. January shook her head. She didn't take Claire or Andrew seriously. "Sweets," John called out to Claire, "you couldn't ignore me if you tried."

"So are you guys together?" Owen asked. He was up there on the social pyramid but he didn't care much about anyone else other than his people. "Like boyfriend-girlfriend?" John continued looking back and forth at the two, "Study(Steady? Idk captions say steady) dates? Lovers? Come on, Sporto. Level with me. Did you slip her the hot-beef injection?"

"Ugh that's gross John" January nose crinkled. These weird ass anologies were grossing her out. "Go to hell!" Claire yelled at john the same time Andrew yelled "Enough!"

"Hey! What's going on in there?" Vernon shouted from his office. "Nothing!" Dolly said back. "Spoiled little pricks" Vernon muttered under his breath.

John smirked getting the reactions he wanted and high-fived Owen as he got up. "What do you say we close that door?" John acted as if he was asking. "Cmon Johnny. Every week that door gets closed" January slid down her seat.

"Well we can't have a party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds."

"You know the door is supposed to stay open." Brian said."So what?"

"So why don't you just shut up?" Andrew said annoyed,"There seven other people in here, you know?"

"God, you can count. I knew you had to be smart to be a wrestler." Bender poked. Dolly smiled at his antics. "Who the hell are you to judge anybody anyway?" Andrew brushed him off. "Really" Claire agreed.

"You know, Bender, you don't even count. If you disappear-" He started again but didn't get to finish what he woulda said as Owen threw a piece of crumpled up paper at him. "You continue that sentence and we'll have a problem." He looked up from his notebook. Owen knew how less John felt and he wasn't going to let a nobody say somthing hurtful to his good friend especially if the problem rooted from something he asked John to do.

Andrew complied and shut up reluctantly. John gave Owen a hidden thanking look. "Well, I'll just run out and join the wrestling team" He suggested. Andrew and Claire looked at each other and laughed. "Maybe the prep club, too. Student council."

"No. They wouldn't take you." Andrew told him."Um I'm the president of the student council. So if you're serious John I can get them to" Dolly spoke up not liking how they were downplaying him. "Maybe I'll take you up on that baby face" He said giving a pointed look at Andrew. Though she knew that he was probably just goofing she still smiled.

"You know why guys like you knock everything?" Claire spoke. "This should be gold" January sat up. "Right, this should be stunning" John agreed. "Because you're afraid."

Owen acted as if he was going to throw up at the sappy know it all response. "Oh God, you richies are so smart. That's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities."

"You're a big coward." She said.

"I'm in a math club" Brian said gaining only one person's attention. "You're afraid that they won't take you, you don't belong, so you dump all over it" She continued. If Dolly was a symbol right now she would be a question mark trying to follow this conversation.

"Well, it wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being assholes, would it? No offense Dolly" Bender questioned. Dolly shrugged and waited for the next thing Claire would say. "Well, you wouldn't know. You don't even know any of us."

"Well, I don't know any lepers either, but I'm not gonna run and join one of their fucking clubs."

"Hey, let's watch the mouth, huh?" Andrew jumped in."You were literally just talking about how Johnny was a nobody but because he said fuck he has to watch his language? Oh give me a break" January eyebrows screwed up.

"Do you mind? This has nothing to do with you" Claire rolled her eyes. "Well, Claire. Would you like me to involve myself in it further?" January nonchalantly rolled her long sleeve up. Claire hurriedly turned around.

"I'm in the Physics Club, too. Actually so is Dolly" Brian spoke up again. "Excuse me a sec. What are you babbling about?" John was wondering why the hell the blond haired boy was saying random ass things."Well what I was that I'm in the math club, the Latin club, and the Physics Club. Physics Club" he counted in his fingers and repeated what he felt like he stuttered.

"Hey. Cherry. Do you belong to the Physics Club?" Bender asked Claire."That's an academic club." She said with a look. "So?"

"So academic clubs aren' the same as other kinds of clubs."

"But to dorks like him, they are."

"John." Dolly was kinda offended. If Brian was a dork than she was a mega dork by being president of the student council and others. Had she known that he would make fun of them then she wouldn't have offered to pull him in student council.

January put her arm around Dolly's shoulder comforting her. "Sorry.." John forgot. He didn't mean it in a bad way though. He made a mental note to apologize later. "What do you guys do in yall club?" He asked Brian.

"In physics, well, we talk about physics. Properties of physics."

"So it's sort of social. Demented and sad but social, right?"

"That's enough, Johnny" Owen spoke to which John raised his hands.

"I guess you could consider it a social situation. I mean, there are other people in my club. And at the end of the year, we have.. We have a big banquet at the Hilton." Brian was still explaining not understanding the teasing nature of John. "You load up. You party?"

"No, we get dressed up, but we don't get high."

"Only burners like you get high." Claire scowled."And I didn't have any shoes, so I had to borrow my dad's. It was kinda weird 'cause my mom doesn't like me to wear other people's shoes." Brian continued rambling."Brian.. I think that's enough" Dolly said softly. "Sounds like you" Claire teased at Bender.

Allison positioned her finger into a gun and acted as if she were shooting Andrew. "You guys keep on talking and Vernon's gonna come in. I got a meet this Saturday and I'm not gonna miss it on account of you boneheads." Andrew was worrying about Vernon coming in.

"Oh, and wouldn't that be a bite? Missing a whole wrestling meet?"

"You wouldn't know anything about it, ******."

"Woah!" Owen said which contrasted from bender being called the name. "Oh, I know. I feel all empty inside because of it. I have such deep admiration for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys." Bender acted as if he were hurt. "You'd never miss it. You don't have any goals." Andrew turned away.

"Oh, but I do. I want to be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights."

Andrew's jaw clenched as Brian reacted to the information. "You wear tights?" He asked invested. That was another thing Dolly liked about him. Other than being cute and smart, his eyes would sparkle when he intrested in something. "No, I don't wear tights. I wear the required uniform." Andrew tried to defend.

"Tights."

"Shut up."

(02)

Longest chapter so far lol since this is only the second chapter. But anyways there are 2336 words! Though most of it is dialogue, I still typed it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927K 21.3K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
209K 7.3K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
273K 8K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...