Darcy // h.s

By _HakunaMatata_

*y'all DON'T READ THIS. i wrote this at thirteen. you've been warned.* "Harry, it's been rumored that if yo... More

Darcy [Harry Styles]
1: Billboard.
2: Management
3: We All Scream 4 Icecream
4: Reunion
5: Friendzoned
6: Tiff
7: La Cabana
8: Safe
9: Twitter
10: One Last Memory
11: Saying Goodbye
12: Nathan
13: The Trial
14: Harry
15: Misunderstanding
16: Airplane and Vanessa
17: Red Carpet
18: Kisses and Shockers
19: Hospital
20: Promises & Teddy Bears
21: Date and Disguises
22: Niall & Secrets
23: Irresistible
24: Alarmed
25: Wumbo & Secrets
26: The Letter & Swing Dancing
27: Just the Beginning
28: Trust & Paparazzi
29: Taken
30: Facing Reality
31: Fight For Me
32: Tracking
34: Rescue
35: "I'm a Monster, Ni."
36: Finally
37: Funeral
Epilogue

33: Scared Straight

227K 4.7K 954
By _HakunaMatata_

Darcy's P.O.V

  The fear that I felt was indescribable. Knowing that at any moment someone could walk in and end my life by a swift movement of a finger pulling a trigger was sickening. Every limb was throbbing or burning, and every muscle had that awful feeling like when you'd pulled something. When I had pictured my last minutes on Earth, I hadn't pictured anything like this.

  There were a few memorable times in my life where I was scared for my life. The first time was when William and Pamela first kidnapped me. I was young and let myself expect the worst. I remember thinking 'this is it' and wondering what people back home thought. One of my good friends had me watch this show calledVanishedabout people like me, only they were never found. I thought that I would become another new victim of that show.

    The second time I thought I was going to truly die was a year later. Nothing had really happened to me, and going into detail about such touchy subjects isn't my favorite past time. I had basically given up on life, and I expected life to give up on me in return. Little did I know.

  The third time was when I was brought to the hospital. I know, it sounds really ridiculous. But I hadn't been around people for two years, and the situation brought me a lot of anxiety. I had a fare share of cavities and injuries that were fixed there, and all that I can really remember now was the feeling of dying and alotof laughing gas.

  After that trip, I was sent to group counseling. The thought of that now was awful, because if I ever made it out alive that's where I'd be sent for sure. Group counseling, or 'group', was a cluster of broken girls like me. We were the people who's life seemed so stereotypically awful, you'd never picture what happened to us toactuallyhappen.

  The mere thought of going through a more painful version of what I've been through is enough to make me puke, but having to share a room with your puke is a last-resort type of thing. The thoughts of Harry resurfaced in my brain, and I laid down clinging to my knees thinking about him. What was going through his mind? Was he thinking of me? Looking for me?

  "Vanessa, I sat give me the damn phone!" Nathan barked from outside the door. I wondered what the scene was like out there. I expected us to be in some cheap motel apartment, Nathan holding a gun in his hand and Vanessa sitting crossed-legged on the couch with her lips pursed in a tight line.

  "It's the boy, I've got to hang up!" Vanessa screeched. My ear was pressed against the cool wood of the door, and I really hoped that they wouldn't swing it open and behead me.

  "Give me the phone!" Nathan hollered. There was a moment of silence following him, and I was afraid that he had done something to Vanessa. I wasn't afraid for her life, I was afraid for mine. If he kills his own blood relative then he'll surely kill me, right?

  But after a few moments of silence, Vanessa groaned loudly and I could hear Nathan on the phone with 'the boy'. It was obvious of who it was, and I tried my hardest to pick out his voice, but to no avail. It was hard to hear through the thick door, and I let out a loud and frustrated cry.

  Why me?

  I thought that in every ones lifetime, they were only omitted a certain amount of tragedies. I figured that once I had gotten out from being kidnapped the first time, surely God would give me a break. There's only so much that a person can go through, and it was truth that I had exceeded my limit by far.

  "Nice try, kid." Nathan spat. My heat leaps in my throat and I slammed my body against the door, looking for some kind of reassurance from Harry that everyone would be okay and that I would get out of this mess. Unfortunately, at the moment I was being led to believe the opposite, and thinking htat this might actually  be the time that I'm not so lucky horrifies me to no end.

  "Let me talk to him!" I screamed, finding courage in me that I didn't even know was there. Once the words left my mouth I knew that I would instantly regret it, but it was now or never. I rapped my knuckles against the door furiously, adding in some kicks even though all the limbs in my body stung.

  A few seconds passed before I could hear the footsteps. It seemed lie all of the blood rushed to my head in a millisecond, even thought I wasn't turned upside down. I knew that someone was coming for me and that I was going to die.

  The door flew open in an instant, and in the doorway revealed a furious looking Nathan. If it was possible, smoke would be pouring out of his ears. He had someone of a beard growing; it was more like a five 'o clock shadow that was a bit too ingrown. His hair was sticking up in different directions, and there was a gun sticking out of his pocket.

  Why did I ever trust him?

  I took the few moments I had to look at the scenery behind him, and I wasn't very far off. It looked to be a shabby motel of some sort, all topped off with rugged carpeting and cable that appeared to not be working. I imagined Harry bursting through the nearest door, which I assumed to be the way out, coming to save me and take me out of this dreadful place. It seemed a little cliche to me, but I didn't care.

  Harry, please come now. It's almost too late.

  The first thing I felt was a sharp pain at the roots of my hair. I was being drug out of the room to who knows where.

  "Let go!" I screamed, kicking Nathan in the shin. His face scrunched up in pain and he clutched on to his leg, and in a moment of panic I scanned the room for Vanessa.

  Nothing.

  I knew that the time to act was now. If I didn't move somewhere, and fast, there was no hope for me I had pretty much killed all of my chances of survival when I took my knee to his shin. Oops.

  My eyes wide with fear, I sprinted to the nearest door and hoped that it was a way out. Twisting the knob and waiting for my fate to be decided, my heart pounding and the blood in my veins boiling, I discovered that the door was locked. There was no way of escape, and they had made pretty darn sure of it. They knew that if this were to happen they had to be prepared, and they were. There was no way that I was going to live through the night, and that was final.

  Behind me, Nathan was springing back up to his feet. I let out a loud scream, but my throat was pretty dry from having no water and not talking for a full two days. This was something that I had never in my life experienced before. I wasn't ready. I wasn't prepared.

  Where was Harry and the boys and Paul?

  I squeezed my eyes shut as I prepared for the pain. I kept on telling myself that if it was death by bullet, the pain would only last a few seconds and then it would be over with. I couldn't think about Harry or anyone on Earth who I loved, because this had to be as quick and painless as possible for me. I'd always wanted to die peacefully, and this was my only best option given this scenario.

  After a good thirty seconds, I squinted. Standing before me was Nathan, but his hand wasn't holding his shotgun. There was still a devilling smirk on his face that I wanted to wipe off, but he gave off no impression that he wasn't going to hurt me. What was he going to do?

  "I thought you'd like to know the truth before your time is up." Nathan smiled, pulling the gun out of his pocket. "About your dear parents? And that awful, horrible thing that you did to them! They must be so ashamed." 

  "I- I don't know what you're talking about." I stammered. "What did you tell them!?" All the pieces were coming together in my head; all the dots were connecting. In the same moment that I realized the truth he could read it on my face, and before I knew what was happening he stepped closer.

  "Two years ago, my parents kidnapped a girl named Darcy Mae Monroe. They had told her dear, wealthy parents that you had committed.... a crime, we'll say. They were so devastated, Darc'." Nathan smiled sympathetically.

  "Don't call me that." I growled, wanting to give him all I had and lunge at him. If it was my last moments here, I wanted to make them count, right?

  Hot, angry tears rimmed my eye and I blinked to let them all spill over. Who cared if he saw me crying? Some people might not want him to have the satisfaction, but I honestly was past the point of caring. I was infuriated. This boy who I once thought was innocent and sweet was the reason that my parents hated me so much?

  "So I told them that you did it again. They wanted nothing to do with you anymore, so you were so easy to get to. Poor Harry, right? I wonder how he's feeling right now." Nathan sighed dramatically. I had no idea where he was taking this. Did he want me to feel sad over him before I went? What was he doing?

  In the next instant, Nathan was handing his phone to me. He had a true sincere look in his eyes for a moment, and I realized what he was doing. Was he really going to let me call Harry before he killed me?

  "You must think that I'm a total jerk, but I do have a bit of emotion besides hatred in me. I'm giving you two minutes to say your goodbyes, and that's it, Monroe." Before I could say something of thanks, even though that sounds like the last thing you'd say to your kidnapper, Nathan turned around and sat on the other side of the room.

  Without any other second to waste, I dialed Harry's phone number. The fat tears rolled down my cheeks slowly as I held in a quiet sob. The person that I loved was going to have to say goodbye to me, and I wasn't going to be able to live the life I wanted to live with him.

  After I had punched in Harry's phone number, I held it to my ear with shaking hands. What if he never picked up? What if I never got a chance to thank Harry Styles for being the one thing in my life that I truly loved dearly? What if he finds another girl?

  "Hello?" A husky voice called from the other line. It took all of me not to break down into tears.

  I have to be strong, I have to be strong, I have to be strong.

  "I have to say bye, Harry." I cried into the phone. My vision was blurry and I was pretty sure that Nathan was rolling his eyes, but I didn't care. The other line was silent for a while, and I was afraid that the call had dropped when Harry's voice broke through my thoughts.

  "No, Darcy! You don't understand, you can't give up yet! We're nearly-"

  "I do, Harry. I've only got two minutes. I just want to thank you for everything that you've done for me, Harry. And I want to let you know that I love you and someday I wanted us to be living happily together and I'm not sure why I'm telling you this because it's only going to make it worse." I sobbed, feeling  like I was on a soap opera.

  Only this was very real.

  "Darcy, don't say that. Paul brought me here and we tracked the phone. We're outside the building, you've got to stall him!" He hollered. From across the room, Nathan's head snapped and turned over to me, a fear of fury and anxiety flashing through his eyes. He heard?

  This was all a bit too cliche too be true.

  Nathan ran over to me in one swift motion. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion, and all that I could hear was the phone clash to the ground and the steady beating of my heart. I thought my pulse would quicken, but it was almost as if I was preparing myself for death. I was truly and honestly ready to go.

  The gun was brought to my head and the bullet was locked and secured in place. One finally, sloppy tear rolled down my cheek and splattered on the ground before I closed my eyes and waited for the worst.

  A/N: Dun dun DUUUN! Was this extremely cheesy? Oh well x)

  I like cheese, so it's okay.

  I'm randomly dedicating to a commenter, fanning commenters, and reading their stories (don't ask me to though). I want you to predict what will happen and we'll see if you're right!

  Vote, FAN AND COMMENT ESPECIALLY AND OH I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR THREE MILLION AH YOU'RE ALL FANTASTIC LIKE A S D F G H J K L.

  ~Delilah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
1.4M 35.7K 37
18+ / Very Mature "So you've been stalking me?" "Completely." I laugh at his candor and I watch as his eyes light up, "I applaud your honesty." "Why...
242K 6.1K 64
"Help me please, she needs a place to stay, at least for a couple of months. She's not safe, she's in danger. Please Harry, I'll do anything in retur...
10.4K 184 24
His attentive gaze lingered on my trembling presence for more than I would have thought possible. Our eyes were locked without a slight awareness of...