Noticing You (BoyxBoy)

By Okieleaf

Jess Roma is quiet and fades into the background. People don't notice him. Isaac (Zack) Johnson is nice and o... More

DISCLAIMER
Introduction
CHARACTERS
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five (END)

Twenty

233 12 34
By Okieleaf

Cafuné
(V.)
Running your fingers through your lover's hair.

Daisy went home soon enough. She gave Jess a big hug as a goodbye and the boy felt a little guilty for being happy that she was leaving. Especially since Kleandra was crying over that fact.

He couldn't help it though. He was buzzing with excitement. As soon as Cliff's truck was driving away he pulled out his phone to text Isaac that she was gone.

Kleandra sniffled as she made her way up the stairs and she locked herself into her room. Jess sighed and followed in her footsteps. He went into his room and as soon as he did his phone buzzed.

It was almost embarrassing how fast he clicked it on to check.

Isaac:
Be there soon, be ready.

He smiled as a giddy feeling overtook him. He tossed his phone to the bed and jumped over to his closet. He debated on what to wear for far longer than he should've before pulling out black jeans and a gray band shirt.

It was sad how long he took just to wear something so plain. He wasn't going to overthink it too much now though because he has always been a plain person and Isaac has never complained before. Quite the opposite, actually.

He grabbed his phone and stuck it in his pocket before leaving his room. Before going downstairs he went over to his mother's room and knocked. She opened the door a few moments later.

She had mascara running under her eyes but was no longer crying. She looked at her son for a moment before furrowing her brows, confused. "What are you dressed up for?"

"I'm going out." He answered. "I wanted to tell you."

"What?" Kleandra tilted her head in confusion.

Jess felt his face heat up a little. "Uh, Isaac's picking me up to take me out."

She perked up at this. "To... take you out?"

Her face was hopeful and Jess diverted his gaze to the floor. "Yes, Ma, he's taking me out. As in, on a date."

The squeal she let out showed her joy and she wrapped her arms around Jess. She squeezed her son with joy and he found himself chuckling and patting her back. After a few seconds though he had to try to pull back.

"Ma, he's gonna be here soon."

"Oh!" She let go of him immediately. "Of course! Oh, I'm just so happy for you!" She brought her hands up to hold his face like she used to do when he was a child. "Do I get to meet him?"

"Maybe. I'll have to talk to him. We have only been dating for a couple days though so I don't want to scare him off." Jess said and his mother nodded in understanding.

"Of course." There was a knock at the door then and she perked up again. "Oh! Go, go, go!"

Jess chuckled softly and descended the stairs. He opened the door and the boy he had been dying to see was standing there on the other side. He smiled wide and Isaac returned it.

"Hi." Jess spoke first, eyes started to flit down at Isaac's body. He was dressed in a red tank top that hung off his body and showed off his arms nicely with a pair of dark jeans like Jess. Even though they were both dressed simple, Jess still felt Isaac looked better than him. "You look good."

Isaac smiled. "Hey. Thank you, you look really good too."

"I didn't know what to wear." Jess answered.

"You look nice in anything." Isaac said and the tips of Jess's ears turned pink. "Are you ready to go?"

"Oh, yeah, I just gotta get my shoes on." Isaac nodded and Jess went over to grab his shoes. He pulled them on as quickly as he could and turned to call over his shoulder before leaving. "I'm going, Ma! I love you!"

"I love you too, Sweetie! Have fun!"

Jess followed Isaac outside and shut the door behind him. Isaac lead him to the familiar car and opened the passenger door for him. Jess gave him an easy smile, "That's not necessary."

"Hush. I'm trying to be a gentleman."

Jess laughed while sliding into the seat. Isaac closed his door and then ran around to his own. He sat down in the driver's seat and made sure to grab Jess's hand before they drove off.

Jess intertwined their fingers and squeezed Isaac's hand. He smiled when he Isaac did the same in response.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Isaac said back.

Jess groaned. "No, I hate surprises. Can't you just tell me?"

"That'll ruin it. I will, however, promise you, it's good. You'll like it." Then he spoke a little quieter, "I hope."

Jess just rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll let you keep your secrets. Only because I trust you."

The grin Isaac had because of those words made Jess's stomach flip. He always looked so attractive when he smiled. He looked attractive in general, all the time.

They started driving out of town and Jess hummed, waiting for Isaac's eyes to flick over to him before speaking. "I get it now. You're taking me out here to murder me. I should've known, you're too good looking to be so sweet and interested in me."

That made Isaac smile brightly again. His hand squeezed Jess's but other than that he had no reply. Even without him replying, Jess still felt like he had achieved something just from making him smile.

They turned off the road at one point and Isaac parked the car. At this point, the sun was setting.

"The perfect, romantic evening to end my life." Jess mused.

"Yes, I do agree." Isaac said back before popping the hood and then turning the car off, taking the keys out of the ignition.

When the other boy got out of the car, Jess followed him. For half a second, as he watched Isaac open the trunk, he really was scared his life was about to twist and become some murder mystery novel. It didn't.

Instead, Isaac pulled out a blanket and a cute little basket. He grinned when he saw Jess's happy expression, "I know it's kinda cliché, but do you wanna have a picnic and watch the sunset with me?"

"Yes."

Isaac grinned, "Good. Follow me."

He started walking down to the trees. Jess had doubt for a moment before deciding to just trust Isaac and he followed after. He stuck a little closer to Isaac's back out of fear, he would never admit that out loud though.

Eventually they reached a big clearing and Isaac spread out the blanket for them. Jess sat down and Isaac sat the basket down before following after. He pulled out food, mostly snacks but there was two sandwiches as well. They ate and watched the sun as it slowly disappeared under the treeline.

When they started running out of food Jess laid down and looked up. The stars were starting to come out and he stared up at them in awe. When Isaac laid down next to him he could feel hazel eyes on him rather than the sky.

"Why'd you bring me all the way out here?" Jess asked finally.

"My dad showed me this place when I was ten. It's just a little off a hiking trail but it's a lot easier to enter the way we did, without walking a mile of trail. He and my mom found it when they were still dating and he said they used to have their friends come out and camp here. I don't think I could ever camp here, just out of my need to be original, but I wanted to do something special and this place is special to me. My dad used to take me down the hiking trail and sometimes I could convince him to take a detour so we could play some football down here. There's no real reason I like it so much but it's calming and it has a sort of sentimental feel for me."

Jess listened to Isaac's rant and when the boy was done talking he smiled. He rolled his head over and immediately his dark eyes met hazel ones that appeared as dark as his when the sun wasn't out.

"That's sweet."

Isaac hummed in reply. "I also figured it would be one of the best places for star gazing and you seem like the type to enjoy that. Was I right?"

"Very much so." Jess looked back up at the sky, at the stars coming to show themselves in the darkness. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah, it really is." The feeling of eyes still on the side of his face made Jess blush lightly.

"That was cliché."

"Well, sometimes cliché is okay." Isaac said back, not ashamed at all for being caught.

"Sometimes." Jess hummed, eyes still looking around the dark blue blackness to look for more of the beams of light.

They were quiet for a while longer. Jess stared up at the sky with a relaxed look to him while Isaac had an arm over his waist and was tracing his hand over Jess's side. Eventually Jess met Isaac's eyes again and it wasn't long before the sandy haired boy was looming over him and capturing his lips in a kiss.

Isaac was intoxicating. Jess could just get absolutely lost in the feeling of him. His brain shut down and the only thing he could focus on was the boy he was kissing.

Isaac's arms were holding him up but were also trapping Jess down as they were on either side of his head. Meanwhile, Jess's were roaming freely. He ran his hands all over Isaac's chest, stomach, sides, and arms. He just wanted to feel him.

Eventually the connection didn't feel like enough and Jess was pulling Isaac down on top of him. Isaac was flush against Jess, his arms now barely being support beams as he was all but laying on top of his boyfriend. Jess didn't mind at all
though. This was actually what he wanted. He wanted to be closer to Isaac and that's what he had achieved.

It wasn't until Isaac's tongue finally slipped into Jess's mouth that the other boy moaned. His hands moved from Isaac's shoulder to his face, then his hair. He tugged a little at certain strands and the boy was groaning into the kiss.

Finally, Isaac pulled away. Jess was breathing heavier and his lips were swollen a dark red but he had no complaints about what just happened. He was so damn happy. He looked up at Isaac, whose torso was still pressed up against him as Isaac had only pulled their mouths apart.

"Fuck. We need to stop." Isaac's voice was breathy and Jess found it more hot than he should've.

Jess grinned knowingly. "Okay."

But he leaned back up to reconnect their lips. It only lasted a bit longer before Jess pulled back this time. He smiled up at Isaac who groaned and pushed his face into Jess's collarbone.

"Are you alright?" Jess asked through chuckles. He could feel Isaac's problem forming on his thigh, so he knew exactly what was wrong.

"No." Isaac mumbled into the fabric of Jess's shirt. "I should probably take you home now."

Neither of them moved. Jess brought his hand up to Isaac's head after a moment and started running his fingers through the other boy's hair. He felt Isaac let out a sigh and then he had a lot more weight on top of him meaning the boy had given up on holding himself up.

Jess looked up at the stars while Isaac laid on top of him. There was a full moon tonight which laid a dim light over them and the field. There was something about this that was perfect. It wasn't a typical diner or cafe, awkward dinner date. It fit them perfectly.

"I'm checking the time." Jess mumbled into the air as his hand reached into Isaac's back pocket of his jeans to pull out his phone. He clicked it on, then turned it off, and slid it back into its original place. "It's nine."

"Already?" Jess hummed in reply. "When do you need to be home?"

"I don't have a curfew."

They laid in the peacefulness of the field for awhile longer. After about ten minutes Isaac groaned and rolled off him. He'd be lying if he said he didn't immediately miss the feeling of the boy on him.

"We should probably go." He said in a soft whisper.

"Okay." Jess got up and helped Isaac clean up their picnic. "You better turn the flashlight on your phone on because I am not tripping on a rock and getting impaled by a stick on the journey back."

Isaac laughed but pulled out his phone and turned on the light. Jess stuck closely to his back, close enough that he could feel the body heat radiating off him. Isaac clearly didn't mind considering every now and then his arm would reach back to gently pull Jess along, keeping him close.

When they made it back to the car Isaac pulled out his keys and unlocked it. He had to pop the trunk so he told Jess to go ahead and sit while he put the stuff away. Jess did as told, taking his seat on the passenger side and turning the heat on.

Isaac returned to the car after closing the trunk and noticed the warmth. "Oh shit, were you cold? I'm sorry, I didn't even think about that. I'm usually okay in the evenings but I know other people get cold and I didn't even think about that. And you didn't bring a jacket or anything, I'm so sorry. This must've sucked for you."

Jess laughed at Isaac's mini breakdown. He shook his head. "No, Isaac, I swear to you it was perfect."

Isaac gave him a look of disbelief. "You don't have to say that."

"I mean it." Jess said with a smile. "I really had fun."

Isaac let out a sigh of relief. He moved his arm across the console and rested his hand on Jess's thigh. The contact made Jess's whole leg feel warm. His thumb then started moving back and forth as well. "I'm glad you liked it, but if anything in the future ever does bother you please tell me."

Jess smiled. It wasn't just because of Isaac being sweet and caring, but also because he said in the future. Isaac wanted to keep going out with him. "I will."

"Okay."

Isaac gave him an easy smile before turning to face the windshield. They got back on the road and started driving back into town. Jess watched out the window, still looking at the sky, until Isaac said something.

"I did have a question." Jess looked over and hummed as a way to tell Isaac he was listening. "How do you feel about telling people? Like is it something you want to do or you don't want to do? I just wanna know if this is something you want to keep on the down-low for awhile or if it's something you're okay with getting out."

Jess was quiet. He really wasn't concerned with whether people knew or not because people didn't really talk to him and his mom already knew. "Uh... Do you wanna tell people?"

"I want to do whatever you're comfortable with."

"Well..." Jess thought about it. "I kinda already told my mom you were taking me out, and I don't really have a lot of close friends. I guess I don't care if people find out but I wouldn't mind not telling them either. You're the one with all the friends, what do you want to do?"

Isaac bit his bottom lip, a sudden look of worry passing by his face. "I want to tell people. Like, our friends and the people we're close with. Then, we can just let everyone else figure it out?"

"Okay, that works for me. I can't wait to tell Ray I turned you fruity."

That made Isaac laugh. "Yes, I'm sure I'll never hear the end of that one."

"You will not. Ray is a very persistent demon child who will never leave you alone after figuring it out." Jess confirmed and Isaac just smiled.

"I have another question."

"Yes?"

"How do you- Like what do you think about like.. affection?" He then seemed to cringe at his own words. "That sounded weird. Like, touching in public- or- wait that sounded worse." He let out a long sigh. "Do you know what I'm trying to get at?"

Jess chuckled. "Yes. My thoughts on PDA?"

"Yes! That!" Isaac seemed thrilled that Jess was able to understand what he was trying to say. Jess thought it was cute.

"I'm okay with it, to an extent. I'm also okay without it though. I don't want to like shove my relationship down people's throats but little things are okay. Like holding hands or hugging I'd be okay with. I probably would never initiate anything more than hand holding though."

"Okay." Isaac smiled. "I'm glad we talked about that because this answers a lot of my questions."

Jess smiled. "I'm glad."

They drove the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. Isaac's hand was holding his thigh the whole way and at one point Jess reached down to rest his on top of Isaac's.

When they reached Jess's house Isaac put it in park by the curb. He turned to face Jess with a little smile. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Jess nodded. Suddenly a thought came to his mind. "When are you going to tell your friends?"

"In the morning. They'll know by lunch." Isaac said and Jess nodded. He wouldn't approach Isaac until lunch then. "Do you want to eat in the library tomorrow?"

"Sure."

Then Isaac was leaning over the console and kissing Jess. The boy in the passenger seat had his hands on Isaac's sides and Isaac's hands were holding Jess's face gently. When he pulled back he was staring at Jess like he was the most beautiful thing in the world before leaning in again.

When they finishing kissing, Jess kissed the tip of Isaac's nose before they both pulled back so he could get out. He turned around to give Isaac a smile and to speak softly, "Bye."

"Bye." Isaac's smile was so beautiful that Jess took another moment just to look at him before fianlly closing the door. He made his way up to the front door and suppressed his smile at the fact that Isaac waited until he was inside before driving off.

He let out a breath and let the gigantic smile overtake his face. He really liked this boy.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

Any predictions for next chapter?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Love you ♡

- Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 3.1K 42
It only took one summer to change everything. Now Camden is just trying his best to carry on with life like normal, but that's a little tricky when h...
724 13 38
[Recent Note: I'm not really proud of this story at all now, it's way too long and boring, you're free to dismiss it.] This story is heavily inspired...
157K 6.9K 28
When Milo returns home from college for winter break, he's surprised to discover that his brother brought more than luggage and dirty laundry. Milo i...
7.5K 642 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...