Accismus⋆౨ৎ˚⟡.• Anakin Skywal...

By LuLuOnFire

Accismus (noun) A form of irony in which someone feigns indifference to something he or she desires// --- #1... More

1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
EPILOGUE.
BLOOPERS

4.

4.5K 114 3
By LuLuOnFire

The cafeteria was a quiet place for healthy, protein-filled breakfasts and mission debriefings. It was the first place most Jedi went to after they awoke from their chambers and met with their fellow Knights, Masters and Padawans before the day officially began, and today was no different.

Sol slid her silver tray along the island that stretched the length of the cafeteria. Droids stood on the opposite side refilling dishes that were nearly empty and giving assistance when called upon. She took some oatmeal and fruit, before taking a protein pouch that contained milk and vitamins that every Jedi needed for strength and focus. There was no surprise that most of these were already gone from their space on the island and would need refilling by a droid soon.

Taking her tray to a table, Sol sat near the edge of the cafeteria. Jedi occupied seats and spoke softly with their co-workers while they filled their stomachs for the day. Sol was content with eating alone and Master Yoda wasn't one for breakfast in the cafeteria, so she began eating in silence. But it was interrupted with a rattle of the table and the disruption of her quiet meditation.

An added weight on the opposite side of the table made Sol look from her oatmeal to the tray that was now beside her's. Seeing a broth in a bowl and pieces of bread beside it, Sol's gaze travelled up to its owner who disturbed her breakfast.

'You're bold.'

The first words she ever said to him were with a tinge of sarcasm. Anakin Skywalker made no move to eat his breakfast and sat with his eyes trained on Sol. With his hands clasped in his lap, the young man blinked at his fellow Padawan. She had said her first words to him and that was enough to keep the ball of irritation that had already started to form in his stomach at bay.

'I can't join you for breakfast?' he questioned with a small raise of his eyebrows, attempting to appear nonchalant. But Sol's cool stare never left his and Anakin couldn't resist the urge to fidget. He glanced down at his broth, then back up at Sol, before looking down again when he saw she was yet to look away.

With a clear of his throat, Anakin picked up a piece of the bread from his tray and put it to his mouth. He chewed in segments, suddenly forgetting how to eat like a normal person under Sol's stare.

'Was the spar somehow an invitation for breakfast to you?'

Anakin's eyebrow twitched and his chewing halted. The helpless broth on his tray became the victim of his glare and he swear he saw it quiver in fear. He couldn't let his emotions get a hold of him, not after the scolding he received from Obi-wan for not performing the proper sparring etiquette.

He hadn't even made it to his chambers before Master Obi-wan's voice boomed. The man could be stern when needed, and this time, it was vital. Anakin kept his head down as the Jedi Master questioned whether he had learnt anything at all. He said how embarrassed he was to have to apologise to Grand Master Yoda and his Padawan for Anakin's childish and uneducated behaviour. But Anakin barely listened, only chiming in when Obi-wan mentioned how impressed Master Yoda was at his skill against Sol in the training courtyard.

'Oh, yeah? What did he say?'

'This is not to caress your ego, my young Padawan learner. You will be running laps tonight around the temple's garden for you behaviour,' Obi-wan had been true to his word and Anakin was exhausted when he finally made it to his chambers that night.

While the Skywalker seethed at Sol's words, she took the time to take in the Padawan who was the first to ever sit with her in the cafeteria. She knew of Anakin and was aware of the rumours about him being the prophesised Chosen One. But she had also heard the same rumour about herself. It was no secret that the Jedi Council kept a close eye on her and Anakin, even more on herself because of Master Yoda's insistence of training her personally. But that didn't mean anything, as Anakin was to be trained by Obi-wan Kenobi at the special request of Qui-Gon Jinn, his previous Master.

Aside from the theoretics of it all, Sol had to admit that Anakin Skywalker wasn't an eye sore. Even with his gaze on his broth, his presence was enticing. With tan skin and chiselled features, Anakin wasn't your tradition Jedi that dawned old robes and sported ageing lines on his weathered face. He was young, handsome, and had a mischievous way about him. His presence in the Force was intense, overtaking anyone else's in the room of Padawans and Jedi Knights.

Sol was in the middle of noticing the blonde streaks in his light brown hair when his face appeared in view, making her look at the blue eyes that held back his true feelings about her words. She watched his pursed lips force a smile and he picked up his spoon to scoop up some of his broth.

'What's the occasion, Skywalker?' Sol tried again. She was midway through her fruit now and would be leaving to find Master Yoda soon. But leaving without knowing what brought on Anakin's sudden interest of sitting with her would eat away at her all day.

'No occasion. Can't I sit here?' he shrugged and slurped his soup obnoxiously loud. Sol saw his braid inch dangerously close to his bowl and secretly hoped it would dip in its contents. But he straightened up after eating and looked to her, caving under her unwavering stare.

'Alright, look-' a sigh '-I want you to teach me.'

'Teach you?'

Anakin bobbed his head in a nod. Sol didn't know what she expected, but she didn't expect this. She now sensed the nerves through the Force from Anakin's side of the table. He was no longer fidgeting, and he actually kept eye contact. This time, Sol found the need to fidget.

Everything about Anakin was intense; from his presence in the Force, to the look he gave Sol when he stared at her. Sol felt seen under his gaze, right down to the socks in her boots. It made her uncomfortable, like a stranger refusing to look away when you caught them staring. She didn't consider Anakin a stranger, but he certainly wasn't her friend.

'What do you mean 'teach you'?' Sol did what she could to get him to shift his stare, and she was relieved when he thankfully did. It moved to a space over her shoulder, and she had half the mind to follow, but resisted when he looked back at her. She was able to sense through the Force that there was no one of interest behind her, but her unease made her want to get away from Anakin's gaze at any means necessary.

'You use the Force like its wind,' Anakin lowered his head and voice to talk quietly, making her do the same to hear him better. 'You didn't even use your lightsaber. You just... you moved like it was nothing.'

'I was taught for years by Master Yoda. I can't just-'

'Why can't you?' she was taken back by his rudeness. 'What's so different about teaching me? You seem to know what you're doing.'

'I can't just 'teach you' how to use the Force in that way, Anakin.'

His heart fluttered. Sol had used his name for the first time. It was smooth when it left her lips and Anakin felt the same feeling in his stomach that he felt that day in the training courtyard. Warmth smoked through his insides, but he kept his composure.

'And besides, I'm at the same training level as you,' Sol continued with a wave of her hand. 'We just have different Masters. Master Obi-wan probably teaches you things that Master Yoda doesn't teach me. If you're that curious, ask your Master.'

Anakin opened his mouth to make a snarky retort about Obi-wan, but was stopped when Sol lifted herself from her seat and stepped over the bench. She had her finished tray in her hands and walked away from the table, leaving Anakin to sit solo. He glanced over his shoulder to watch her depart and saw her leave her tray for a droid to collect. She left the cafeteria with her braid swinging behind her.

He huffed and hunched over his tray, his breakfast being for some reason tasteless now that Sol had left. The conversation hadn't gone as planned, yet he had a feeling Obi-wan would be brought up at some point. But he wasn't finished with the topic and wasn't known for giving up so easily. Besides, Anakin Skywalker was always told that he was a slow learner.

---

Sol quickened her pace down the hallway that led to the landing pad of the temple. Through the ceiling-to-floor windows that lined the walls, she saw her Master hobbling along the bridge to the T-6 ship on the pad. She wasn't aware that he was leaving the temple and rushed out the double doors that opened for her.

'Master!' she called out through the Coruscant air. 

The hum of speeders occupied the space between skyscrapers that dominated the common eyeline. Sol was yet to see a sky that wasn't covered by contemporary buildings and star ships. But never the less, the sun was warm and kept Coruscant's temperature pleasant.

'Master, are you off on a mission?' she called again when Master Yoda paused on his pursuit. The short Jedi turned to face Sol and looked up at his Padawan, eyes focused and hands on his walking stick.

'I am, my young Padawan. Urgent business on Alderaan, there is,' Master Yoda stated. This peaked Sol's interest, her giddiness getting the better of her in this moment. A smile broke out across her face at the thought of venturing off of Coruscant.

'Alderaan? Is this to see Senator Organa?' Sol tried to ask questions that didn't reveal her anticipation. She had been dreaming of an opportunity to see other planets and keep the peace across the stars like Jedi Knights did. But Master Yoda never seemed to want her company on his missions, and never offered a reason for it. It irked her to no end, but she never showed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 499 26
Anala isn't a fan of Anakin Skywalker, but little did she know he was about to turn her whole world upside down. "I can't stand you" "I know" THERE W...
4.7K 108 27
"But, I don't want to fight your power. I wanna fight you. Just you" he says "So just me, no powers?" "Yes. I just want you" "I knew you wanted me, S...
44.4K 2.9K 31
A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored. Throughout the galaxy, many had heard the...
187K 4.6K 68
Y/n is a Jedi padawan of the old republic who fought in the war against the sith empire. This was until one day while fighting against enemy forces...