Home

By TvByAngie

Serkan, recently divorced, has fought to overcome a tragedy. Feeling responsible for the death of his son and... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23

Part 10

1.6K 105 155
By TvByAngie

🌟 EDA POV 🌟

The ride back to the studio was calm. We listened to music; we laughed at each other when we caught the other looking. And Serkan held my hand all the way back to the office.

"On Saturday, after our classes at the shelter, I'm taking Kiraz home," he announced, "or my mother will likely leave the house just to see me." He laughed out loud.

"Why would it be weird for your mother to leave her house?" I asked, confused.

Serkan became serious. "It's been years since my mother was able to leave our family home. She suffers from agoraphobia," I could see that it was something that hurt him deeply, so I didn't push when he didn't share more details.

"Did you finish preparing a room for Kiraz at your house?" I asked then, changing the subject.

"I did, but I think that in a few months, I'll let Kiraz redecorate it to her liking. For now, I just wanted the room to be cozy and practical for her." He paused. "Speaking about practicality, I spoke to the warden of the school I attended as a child here in the city, and I explained my situation. They'll evaluate Kiraz the first week of the year."

"You thought of everything," I responded, admired with his thoroughness.

"Not at all. Fatma Hanim gave me a list to read: books about child psychology, child nutrition, discipline, and language development; I found them extremely useful. Fatma Hanim assured me that that had been Ceren's idea, not hers, though. She shared that Ceren had informed her that I'd needed all of that or I'd go crazy."

I chuckled, "That's probably my fault."

"What did you say to your friends about me?" Serkan asked, curious, poking my ribs as he tried hard to drive in a straight line.

"You're going to get a ticket," I reminded him, trying to pry his fingers away from me. 

He left me monetarily at ease, focusing back on the road ahead. 

"I need to establish a routine for Kiraz. I need to be consistent. I've not a clue how I'll do that. Yet. But I'll learn," he stated, more to himself than to me. 

Serkan, completely preoccupied with doing everything right with Kiraz, warmed my heart. "I'm going to give you a piece of advice: do NOT follow any influencers about paternity," I teased.

"An influencer?" Serkan looked at me in incredulity. "Maybe it's best if you don't explain to me what that is?" he added, chuckling, and I nodded.

***

It was almost 11 AM. I'd been reviewing some details with Engin Bey when the wonderful lady that was my boss arrived in the common area to grace us with her lovely presence.

"Good morning, Selin Hanim," Susan and I said in unison.

"Good morning, girls." Looking straight at me, she asked, "Is Serkan Bey in the conference room?"

"I wouldn't know, Selin Hanim," I responded sincerely. "I'm working with Engin Bey today."

"When you see him, could you please ask him to come to my office? It's very urgent," she requested.

Susan stared at me in confusion. And I raised my shoulders, demonstrating that I had no idea what Selin wanted. Leyla was Serkan's assistant, and she was standing right there. She probably knew where Serkan was and where he'd been since we'd arrived at the office over an hour before.

"Since when are you Serkan Bey's secretary," Susan provoked me with a little smirk when Selin left to her affairs.

"Not a clue. It's not like I spend the whole day with him either," I affirmed.

"That's true. You really don't. You spend as much time with Engin Bey. But Serkan Bey likes working with you a lot," she commented.

"Errr... sure - after he makes me remake my drawing about 50 times, sure he likes me. The man has a fetish with ripping blueprints; I'm serious," I supplied, laughing out loud.

It was almost my lunchtime when Selin returned to the common area in hysterics. I was now working with Murat in the garden of a commercial building when our darling boss lady stood before us. "Eda, did you tell Serkan to go by my office as I requested?"

"As I explained earlier, Selin Hanim, I'm working with Engin Bey today. I haven't seen Serkan Bey since earlier this morning," I responded calmly.

Serkan had genuinely disappeared, and no one knew where he was. Selin's agitation was starting to make me nervous.

When Selin left the common area phone in hand, Piril Hanim called me and directed me to Engin Bey's office. Just as Serkan, the interior designer, had disappeared for a while, I deduced that she and Serkan had been working together. But now she was back, and Serkan wasn't.

"How can I help you, Piril Hanim?" I asked good-humoredly.

"I need you to be honest with me because otherwise, we are going to have big problems." I nodded. "Are you honestly dating an engineer who studies in Italy?"

Her unexpected question surprised me, and I leaned back on the chair "I am. Well, I used to be," I amended. "Why are you asking me this?"

"Serkan and you. I know something is going on between you. I'm a little uncomfortable acknowledging this because Selin was always a close friend. But Serkan has always been my best friend and partner," she affirmed. "I need to know how to best control this situation; Selin is extremely explosive."

"But what do I have to do with that?" I questioned, playing dumb.

Piril grinned knowingly, "Selin is very jealous of you. I doubt that you haven't realized this."

"Right, she is."

"Selin is convinced that you lied when you said you were dating. She thinks you are having a fling with Serkan. She's been eying his social media. Yours, she doesn't get to see... but Engin, Ceren, Serkan's, etc... She can very much see. And it's not difficult to see that Serkan is friendly with you."

I sighed. "If I'm having a fling or anything at all for that matter, that's my problem. Selin needs to stop worrying about what happens in Serkan's life!  She served him with divorce weeks ago, after years apart, and Serkan signed them right away. It doesn't make any sense for Selin to demand explanations at this time in the game."

"It doesn't; you're completely right. But my fear is Selin losing her marbles and saying or doing anything to put Serkan at risk," Piril explained.

"Serkan knows how to defend himself. If it's about work, he'll know how to deal with it," I assured her. But if I was honest with myself, I worried about Serkan under Selin's influence, too. 

"Eda, I'm not worried about work things; I am worried about Serkan's psyche. Selin knows exactly what to say to disturb his peace. You're right to think that Serkan would get over it easily if she interfered with anything work-related. But now, with his daughter- behind that strong, confident man, you see—" she went mum, shaking her head.

She didn't need to explain further. I could see on her face that she cared about Serkan sincerely; and that she worried about Selin using Kiraz against Serkan. 

Hence, I chose to be honest with her as well. "Piril, I'm not having a fling with Serkan," her face visibly relaxed. "That is, it's not a fling. We became close friends, and our friendship turned into something deeper."

"Then Selin was right," she responded.

"I'm not sure what Seling thinks she knows. But our relationship started only very recently," I admitted, blushing slightly like earlier today.

Piril smiled. "You know, Eda. I like you a lot. You brought back a Serkan that I'd not seen for a very long time. Serkan smiles with you." She paused. "He also loses his cool often due to your stubbornness," she added, laughing, "but it's been so long since he demonstrates such depth of feelings. He'd been living in automatic for so long...."

I knew what she meant, so I silently took what she said. Only weeks ago, I'd met a robot of a man.

"I'm going to try to defuse the situation with Selin. I appreciate you being honest with me. And one word of advice, Eda. Don't fall for Selin's provocations."

"Tamam."

Eda via Twitter - 11:38 AM - 15 December 2020

[Eda: The lady is obsessed with me.

*Stop freaking Out Meme*

Comments:

Leyla: Careful, or she'll bite you... ]

Eda via Twitter - 1:48 PM - 15 December 2020

[Eda:

No one:

Absolutely no one:

This crazy lady:

*Where the fuck you going meme*

Comments:

Ceren: that lady I know?

Piril: Careful with her...

Engin: Either you tell me who you are talking about, or I want the report I asked you for right this instant.]

Eda > Serkan via WhatsApp - 2:09 PM - 15th December 2020

Eda: Good afternoon, Robolat

Serkan: Merhaba, Guzelim

Eda: Where did you go that the entire office is looking for you?

Serkan: Haha. The entire office? They're probably celebrating that I'm not there to nag on anyone.

Eda: I'm being serious. Your wife dearest is acting like a rabid dog and won't get off my back

Serkan: What do you mean?

Eda: She thinks I have a LoJack installed in you, and I know your every move. As if I'd become Leyla or something.

Serkan: Leyla doesn't even know where I am. That's probably why Selin is freeing out.

Eda: If you're not careful, she's going to think you're having a fling. Lol.

Serkan: She'll probably lose her mind when she finds out we are dating.

Eda: But quit stalling. Where are you?

Serkan: On the way to the office. Should be there in five minutes.

Eda: GET OFF THE PHONE, SERKAN

Serkan: I hired a car, baby.

Eda: 🥺

Serkan: Don't worry. 😗

🤖 SERKAN POV 🤖

"SERKAN!" was the first word I heard as I entered Art Life; Selin was screaming my name.

"Good afternoon, Selin," I responded calmly.

"Where were you?" She asked, ticked off.

There she started again with her interrogations.

"Not that it is any of your business, but I had to meet with a couple of clients. I resolved an issue we'd had at the bank; then, I went home to shave and meet Seyfi, who brought furniture for my daughter's bedroom. I brushed my teeth. I drank a cup of coffee, and then the driver brought me back to the office.

Eda and Susan tried not to laugh at the scene before them.

"Selin Hanim, would you like some water?" Leyla asked, tentatively approaching us.

"No," she answered shortly to my secretary. Then she addressed me, "Serkan, I need to talk to you." She looked at me and then around to see our employees quickly returning their eyes to their work "in private."

"Tamam. Let's go to my office," I told her, signaling her to lead the way. I could see Eda's expression radically change as I left the common area for the stairs that led to my office.

When we were in my office, I asked, "Do tell, Selin. How can I help you?" I went straight to the point.

"You're a public person. Whatever you do or don't do is plastered on social media and the tabloids, whether you want it or not. The whole of Turkey knows of our separation. They didn't bat an eye when our divorce was announced. But you posted about the little girl on your social media. And the media is already speculating who she is. The most sensible thing for you to do would be a communication explaining that you decided to adopt and asking the media to refrain from interfering with the process."

"Makes sense," I agreed.

"They won't stop bothering you. But at least if they try to take a picture of the girl or make up any lies, we can sue them for moral damages, slander, etc." I nodded. "You also need to clarify your marital status. People are wondering whether we are back together, whether you're single, if you're dating someone. Especially after you posted that selfie with the intern," she stated.

"It's not a selfie of the intern. Eda volunteers at the shelter, too. It's not the end of the world," I sighed.

"So, you're not together?"

Selin was fishing... 

"Selin cut it out. I thank you for your excellent PR recommendations. I highly appreciate your return and presence at Art Life. But I don't owe you any explanations. I ask you, please, that you leave my personal life alone. I am thankful that you are thinking of my daughter's well-being. But that's it. It isn't your concern if I'm alone, dating, etc. Not yours, not anyone for that matter."

Selin looked at me, seeming satisfied with my answer. "Tamam, I'm going to prepare the press release and send it to you for review. When will you be picking up the girl?"

"Saturday."

"Anladım. İyi Şanslar, Serkan," and just like that she left my office.

Eda via Twitter - 15:04 PM - 15/12/20

[Eda: The robot is in this mood with the pharmacy blood #noonedeservesit.

Comment:

Leyla: That's actually her natural hair color. But you're right about the rest 🫠

Engin: I understand and share your frustration. But I'm going to see myself forced to take your cell phone, little girl.

Eda: You're not. My workday ended four minutes ago, Engin Bay :P]

Serkan > Eda via Whatsapp - 15 december - 3:25 PM

Serkan: Would you like to have lunch with me?

Eda: Not hungry.

Serkan: You? Not hungry? Are you feeling sick again?

Eda: No.

Serkan: What happened?

Eda: Nothing.

Serkan: Eda...

Eda: She orders you around, and you follow her along like a little puppy.

Serkan: She wanted to speak privately, and it was actually something really important.

Eda: Did she finally sign the divorce papers?

Serkan: I didn't even ask her if she had.

Eda: You know what I'd like to do?

Serkan: What would that be?

Eda: I'd like to kiss you right in front of her so that she takes a hint and signs the papers already

Serkan: Lmao.

Eda: I'm not joking 🥺

Serkan: Forget about her. All we did was talk about Kiraz.

Eda: What does she want with my baby? 🤨

Serkan: Just a press release about the adoption asking for distance and discretion from the media while we go through the process.

Eda: Only that?

Serkan: She asked a couple of other things, but nothing of importance

Eda: So she doesn't want to get close to Kiraz?

Serkan: Given that she continues to refer to Kiraz as "the girl," I don't think she intends to meet her.

Eda: Peki tamam.

Serkan: You sure you don't want to have lunch with me?

Eda: I'd like to, but you took too long with Selin, and now it's time for me to head to the shelter.

Serkan: I'll take you there. I'll take the chance to give my daughter a kiss.

Eda: Kiraz is lucky to have you, Serkan. She's going to be very happy with you.

Serkan: I hope that it is that way. The last thing I would like would be to take away her chance to have a proper family if ours doesn't work out.

Eda: Yours is a proper family. Really, Serkan. I am going to be very upset if you continue to doubt and self-sabotage yourself.

Serkan: You're a sweetheart, you know that?

Eda: And you're not as odious as you think you are. Trust me. You'll make it work for you both.

Serkan: Tamam. I'm going to organize what I'll take with me, and I'll meet you downstairs.

Eda: Tamam. See you in a bit 😙

Melo > Adulting Sucks - 15 December 2020 - 5:10 PM

Melo: CEREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Ceren: Selam, Melocim, no time to chat right now.

Melo: I'm not going to take long. LOOK AT THIS! 😍 

Ceren: OMG

Cerem: OMG

Cerem: OMG

Melo: They came out as a couple. THEY CAME OUT AS A COUPLE!

Melo: Okay, now you can go back to work. I'm going, too.

Ceren: How do you expect me to work after this news? 😭😂😭😂

Eda: You're ridiculous

Ceren via Twitter - 15th December 2020 - 5:31 PM

[ Ceren: This is my moment!

Comments:

Serkan: wow, it spread like wildfire...

Eda: Melo doesn't know how to shut her mouth.

Engin: It's ours. It's ours. *Happy Dance meme*]

🤖 SERKAN POV 🤖

Saturday arrived after a few days full of work and preparation for the arrival of Kiraz at my home. I was so anxious about it that my workshop with the children had been a basic construction. I had them learn the difference between a castle and a palace, how they could seem to be the same thing, but they weren't due to their different purposes, one to protect while the other was a show of opulence of who lived in it. I shared a short video that illustrated the differences between the two types of structures. I talked about the history behind some of the most famous examples while the children used different materials to make their own.

It was the simplest of lessons that I could come up with, given my state of anticipation about finally taking Kiraz home with me. I would have liked to have stayed and helped Eda with the vegetable garden, but she sent me away, saying that it was for me to stop stalling. I was to have lunch with my mother and spend the afternoon with her so she could meet Kiraz. Then we'd be heading home.

Kiraz had only two little bags with her belongings. Most of the toys and stuffed animals she'd played with had stayed at the shelter for the other children. With her came only her panda bear and a couple of other things she didn't want to part with. It'd been her decision, so I didn't question it.

I'd swapped my sports car for a four-door sedan. Kiraz now sat in its backseat on a car seat with a tightly fastened seatbelt. She was smiling. I'd placed mirrors throughout the car so I could see her face as we drove to my mother's house. Kiraz appeared content, and that certainly made me calmer. However, I still worried I'd do or say something that would hurt her.

"You can cut that out," Eda had said to me yesterday while she decorated the tree. "She already adores you. Children choose who they love and don't give up on them so easily. Have a little faith in her."

Have faith in Kiraz. Faith in her, I had. It was me I didn't trust; I was bound to disappoint her sooner or later.

We arrived at my mother's house, and Kiraz became enthralled with my dog and the horses. When we finally got to my mother, she was sitting at the table across from the pool. 

Kiraz ran to her, calling her Babaanne. If my mother ever had any 'buts' regarding my little girl, they disappeared at that moment.

Lunch was easy. My mother was sweet and doting with Kiraz, winning her over completely when she offered chocolate cake with a side of ice cream after having fed her 'pide.' I would have thought Kiraz would eat only the cheese one, but my daughter liked green peppers and olives. 

Good to know. 

"Babaanne has a present for you," my mother sang as she placed a basket with a large, intricate pink bow in front of Kiraz once the table had been cleared. I looked at Aydan Bolat, confused. Only Kiraz was enchanted with its contents; she carried it on her lap with the grandest of smiles. 

A smile so big I'd never seen on her before. "Serkan Bolat, a kitty. Just mine!" She exclaimed happily. 

"That's right, Kizim. A kitty, just for you." At that moment, I wasn't sure whether I should hug or yell at my mother. I chose not to scare Kiraz. 

I had to think fast, though. I tried to determine what I'd do about this unexpected pet when I remembered something that might help me. Something that my mother had established with me when I'd adopted an old street dog as a child. "I just want to make something very clear, Kiraz. If the kitty is yours, then you'll have to care for it. You'll have to feed it, bathe it, brush it, and give lots of love to it. Will you be able to do that?" 

She nodded readily. 

"Then we'll take him home with us."

Kiraz was so happy with her kitty; she would pet and hug it. She would wave the ribbon over its head so it would try to catch it and giggle as he did.

I turned to my mother and said sincerely, "Thank you, Anne."

"I thought it'd be a good idea for you both. Cats are easier to care for than dogs." She observed Kiraz tenderly. "I still can't believe I have a granddaughter," she added in awe. Her eyes welled up, and I approached her kissing the top of her head. "When your father comes back, he's going to be enchanted by her. I'm certain."

Seyfi interrupted our moment, announcing someone's arrival. "Are you expecting someone, Anne?" I asked, intrigued.

"Selin," my mother gasped, and I could see her surprise was genuine. "You came, Canim."

"I decided to visit you. I had no idea that Serkan would be here." She approached my mother and hugged her. Then she came to me and kissed my cheek. I was in shock with her visit. Kiraz observed her curiously.

Selin approached her and extended her hand to greet her, "Merhaba! You must be Kiraz. Nice to meet you. I'm Selin. Could I give you a hug?"

Kiraz nodded slowly, and Selin went to hug her.

"How old are you, Kiraz?" Selin asked her, and my daughter looked at me before she raised five fingers to answer Selin's question.

"She's timid. She takes long to talk to people that she doesn't know," I explained.

Selin looked at me funny but didn't comment.

"Seyfie, why don't you bring some of the toys we got so Kiraz can play with them?" My mother asked, and he immediately brought over a little toy kitchen and a tea set.

The five of us spent the rest of the afternoon playing tea party. Kiraz was delighted; I was too. 

And as strange as it was, I wasn't uncomfortable with Selin's proximity to Kiraz or me as I'd expected. Selin was being so kind and sweet to Kiraz. And Kiraz really seemed to have taken to her. 

This was a Selin I hadn't seen since we were in college when all we cared about the present, and we laughed about the rest.

"Okay, it's getting late, Aydan Teyze. I'm heading out. I just passed by to see you for a bit," Selin announced.

"Bye, Bye, Selin Abla," Kiraz bid her farewell.

"See you soon, princess," Selin responded, and Seyfi walked her out. 

"It's so good to see Selin this way - so at ease. You should give her another chance, oğlum. Why not let Selin complete this new family that you're creating?"

I knew my mother wanted me to be happy, and her intentions were mostly pure, but I needed to nip this in the bud. "Anne, I'm not getting back together with Selin. And to be truthful with you, I'm seeing someone else." My mother didn't react, which could mean she didn't believe me. "It hasn't been long; we are taking things slow. But she makes me feel alive," I conveyed to her, venting. "Please, do not insist on Selin and me anymore. I know you didn't plan her visit. But I want - I need - to be able to count on you. I don't want to worry about the possibility of you putting your desires to see me again with Selin as a priority."

My mother's voice faltered as she responded, "How could you think that about me, my son?"

Here came Aydan Bolat's neverending dramas. Maybe I'd been a little harsh, but I needed her to understand. 

"Kiraz, give a hug to your grandmother. We are going home," I asked.

Kiraz did as I asked without hesitation and went to my mother and hugged her really tightly.

"Come to visit your Babaanne whenever you want," my mother reminded her with a sweet smile.

Kiraz beamed at her and waved goodbye as she came to me and asked that I carry her in my arms.

It was really great to feel that I gave peace and calmness to my daughter. Or maybe she was just tired after playing all afternoon. 

The Bolats via Instagram post - December 19th, 2020

[Serkan: Kiki and her kitty

Aydan: Babaanne loves you <3

Aydan: Trying out the pool with Grandma!]

Eda via Instagram Post - 19th December 2020

[Eda: Ailem <3<3

Comments:

Leyla: Beautiful.

Ceren: Why am I missing from that picture? :(

Eda: You hadn't gotten here yet!]

Serkan > Eda via Phone - 19th December 2020 - 6:23 PM:

- Hello?

- Good afternoon, Eda. How are you doing?

- Better now that I hear your voice. Did everything go as expected at your mother's?

- It did. Kiraz had a great time. Seyfi and my mother loved getting to meet her. And guess what! Kiraz got a kitty!

- You'll have two children to take care of now.

- Nah-uh. Kiraz and I have an understanding. She's going to take care of that kitty of hers. If she doesn't, the kitty goes to live at Babaanne's house.

- Peki. Tamam.

- I called to find out whether you'd like to pass by my house and help me put Kiraz to bed...

- I thought you said you wanted this weekend to be just yours.

- I did say that. But I want to see you.

- I'm roasting chestnuts with my aunt, but I could go by afterward.

- Whenever you can. I still have to feed and give a bath on this munchkin.

- Alright. I'll see you both in a little bit. Kisses.

- Kisses. 

🤖 SERKAN POV 🤖

We arrived home, and Kiraz walked around the whole of it. She was enthralled by all the seasonal decorations Eda had helped me put up. We'd hung colorful wreaths, nutcrackers, and a tree.

Kiraz familiarized herself with the first floor. She opened every door, every drawer, every cabinet. She located the cookie jar and trashcan, where the milk, bread, and snacks were. She figured out how to use the TV set in the living room, the TiVo, and the air conditioning.

Then she attempted to open the door to Baris's room, and I stopped her, "We won't go into this room today." I wanted to say that it wasn't ready. But the truth is that I wasn't ready. Kiraz didn't think much of it, though. She shrugged and moved to the next door over.

I had food ready for Kiraz, so I just needed to warm it up. I'd made her pasta with pesto and chicken. I wasn't sure if she'd like it. But Engin's children had loved it once when I'd made it for them at their home. So, I gave it a try.

Kiraz loved her dinner. She even licked the plate, which left me very excited.

When she was finished, I asked her whether she wanted anything else, and she shook her head, 'No.' So, we headed to the bathroom.

I gave her a shower in my bathroom and then helped her to put her pajamas on. Once done, she jumped on the bed and lay her little head on one of the pillows.

"You, little lady, won't be sleeping here with me," I informed her, and she scowled at me. "Come with me," I instructed. She put her new panda sleepers on and held my hand as I led her to the room opposite the corridor.

"Kiraz," she read out loud the letters that spelled her name on the door, then she let go of my hand to open it.

Her eyes glazed over, and her jaw fell. She ran to her bed, then to her desk. She saw her toys organized to the side of the room and was fascinated with her vanity.

"How do you like it?" I asked, still anxious even though she'd reacted so sweetly to everything in the room.

The doorbell rang. 

"And the last surprise of the day has arrived," I exclaimed, and Kiraz followed me as I rushed down the stairs to open the door.

"Eda!" Kiraz called, running to her and embracing her. "You came."

"Yes, I came. Your Baba invited me over to tuck you in with him tonight. Did you like the surprise?"

Kiraz nodded eagerly, grinning. Eda held Kiraz's hand, and Kiraz gave her a house tour. She introduced her to her kitty and then took her to her bedroom.

"Your room is lovely. Did you know your Baba decorated it all thinking of you?" Eda kissed Kiraz's cheek gently as she accommodated her on the bed. "Would you like us to read a story to you?"

Kiraz shook her head, cuddling next to Eda.

"Would you like your dad to sing a song to you?" Kiraz giggled, shaking her head again.

"Tell me a story," she asked. And Eda ended up telling three.

"Little Miss, are you planning on sleeping any time soon?" I asked, tickling her side.

"She's probably just too excited," Eda commented. "Why don't you tell me about your day?" she asked Kiraz.

Kiraz spoke about my mother, her home, and our horses. She told Eda she wanted to ride them, but I hadn't let her. She mentioned that she'd met Sirius. She shared excitedly about the chocolate cake that Seyfi had prepared especially for her. And then she spent the afternoon having a tea party with me, her grandmother, Seyfi Abi e Selin Abla.

Eda's expression changed entirely. But she guarded herself almost immediately. "You met Selin Hanim?" Her tone was happy and relaxed, but I could feel the tension building between us.

"Aham, she came to visit Babaanne. She's beautiful and funny, and—"

I cut Kiraz off, "I think this little lady has spoken too much for tonight. Since when are you so chatty?" I meant to be playful, but it seemed I hadn't been able to disguise my irritation as Kiraz went completely quiet and turned toward Eda. Great, I'd been insensitive to her. "Kiraz, I was just kidding. You can speak all you want. I just meant it was too late to keep talking this much because it was bedtime. I'm sorry."

The little girl nodded but didn't move from Eda's side.

Trying to work around the situation, Eda brought Kiraz to her lap and whispered, "I think I'm going to sing a or you to sleep as if you were a little baby. My little baby."

Eda sang a sweet lullaby and rocked Kiraz softly until my little girl fell asleep. Then she accommodated her in bed and covered her with the comforter, putting her little panda bear next to her.

Then her soft expression transformed, and she signaled for me to leave the room with her. Once outside, she said, "Now you are going to explain to me why you didn't tell me that you spent the day with Selin."

At that moment, I didn't know how to respond. I only knew that I'd managed to upset my daughter on her first night home. And this would be the first of many, many mistakes to come.

-----

Merhaba, friends!

I know I promised the second chapter on Tuesday, but life happened. 

Hope you enjoy this little chapter. More to come this weekend. 

Let me know what you think will happen next. 

Hugs, <3 

- Angie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4K 23
The opportunity Eda had been waiting for knocks on her door and she gets admission in her dream college in America. But fate has some twisted plans f...
182K 8.2K 35
🔞CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND MATURE CONTENT🔞 Serkan Bolat, the mafia head who is being hunted by some unknown organization that killed his father years a...
25.7K 1K 12
She broke his heart, but he can't stop loving her even if she is the evilest woman in the world. He destroyed her every dream, but even if he has no...
8.2K 565 9
Picking up from the end of episode 39. Eda finds out about Serkan's cancer, and her world turn upside down yet again.