> Promises < K.J

By a_vegetable

"If you need to leave or need support, I won't be more than a feet away from you." He promised me. This was a... More

> Introduction <
> "Erm, I love you too?" <
> "Look over here for me!" <
> "Over some stupid boy!" <
> "Karl Jacobs?" >
> "You stream?" <
> "Welcome to another Banter episode!" <
> "Luke?" <
> "Restart?" <
> "Patches!" <
> Speechless <
> Adventure <
> What was I going to do? <
> HOME? <
> Oh, How you Make me So Confused <
> SPONTANEOUS <
> Dumbass <
> Heartbreak <
> Surprise! <
> Friends <
> Why? <
> I Love You <
> My Forever <
> PLUS ONE <
> "I Pinky Promise" <

> I Miss You <

193 1 6
By a_vegetable

"Stay with me, I don't want you to leave"
K. - Cigarettes After Sex

><

> THIRD PERSON <

"Dumbass, you better apologize when we get home." Hannah scolded over the phone, "She's leaving tonight. Don't fuck it up, I'm warning you."

Karl gulped at her words before profusely nodding on the FaceTime call.

Hannah rolled her eyes before hanging up, leaving Karl to his own bitter thoughts.

Sapnap pat him on the back, "You can't mess this up more.."

"That's not helping Sap." Karl groaned, "I don't want to lose her, but everything I do just messes it up more."

"Hey, you're still new to this. It's okay."

Karl stayed silent, reminiscing of what went down at the beach. He dragged his hands down his face, fuck.

The front door clicked open, George opened it with a groan, "Oh my god, I'm sunburnt."

You could hear Quackity scoff from a distance.

George met Karl's eyes, looked him up and down and walked past him.

Karl's eyes followed George as he walked up the stairs, shutting the door of his room. What the fuck?

Quackity rolled his eyes after realizing Karl was in the living room, "Get Y/N in the kitchen soon for the cake!"

Hannah shouted back an 'okay' before Quackity walked off, clearly pissed off.

"Q! What's up man?" Karl pleaded, trying to get an answer.

"Karl, you're being dramatic." Quackity was clearly annoyed, "You really fucked up."

The words stung him, but he gave a quick nod before letting Quackity leave.

Loud laughter could be heard next, the girls entered the house, Y/N standing the farthest side from him.

"Can we talk?" Karl caught her attention.

They all stopped in their tracks, sent a dirty look before Hannah gestured her to go. She sighed before walking over, "What."

Karl peeked over, the girls still standing behind her. Y/N looked back, politely asking them to leave before turning back to him, with her arms crossed.

"Listen, I'm sorry." Karl sighed, "I was being overly dramatic. I don't know, I just just scared of losing you."

"You knew about it." Y/N raised her voice, "I know I should've communicated better, but couldn't you have heard me out."

"I'm sorry."

"I can't do this right now, can we make the last of these few hours. I think we should take a break, it's not like we're anything serious." Y/N walked off.

Her words shattered his heart, every part of his body ached, tears pricked his eyes. He had to take a seat before crying into his hands.

><

Everyone had a piece of cake on their plates, Karl wasn't present.

"We're going to miss you so much!" Quackity "sobbed".

Y/N laughed, patting the man on the back, "Don't worry Q, I'll be back before you know it."

"Yeah, ditching us for Switzerland!" George scoffed, but obviously very supportive of the girl's dreams and ambitions.

"I'm going to hand this piece of cake to Karl, I'll be back!" Dream interrupted.

"Wait Clay, let me." Y/N took the plate from him before trotting up the stairs. Her nerves were on the brink of explosion, she hadn't meant any of the words she had said, but she was just angry. She still was, but she couldn't leave on a bad note.

Y/N knocked on the locked door, she could hear a groan come from the other side of the door. At least he wasn't dead.

The door unlocked, and there stood a sniffling Karl Jacobs.

"I got cake for you." Y/N presented the slice to his face.

"Thanks, but I don't want it." Karl said turning away, shutting the door.

Y/N's face dropped, the cake almost slipping from her hands. He had closed the door in her face. Her eyes glossy, she started freshening herself by taking a few deep breaths. She placed the plate on the floor, by his door, leaving a letter she had written for him. A lot of the sentences had been crossed out to fit their situation currently. She walked back downstairs, ignoring the door behind her clicking open.

"Did he like it?" Dream asked, noticing the girl as the group was playing Mario Kart.

"He loved it, thanks." She lied through her teeth.

He gave her a smile before looking back to the TV, remote in hand. Her suitcases already by the front door.

"Move over!" She made room by the girls' legs as she took a rest on the pillows. She was going to miss this, miss them.

Y/N drifted into sleep, thinking about what life held for her.

><

"Wake up.." Someone whispered in her ear.

She groggily woke up, "What."

"You have to go to the airport." The somber group of friends looking back at her.

She stayed quiet, before standing up to give a round of hugs.

"Stay safe."

"Love you."

"Talk to us everyday!"

"Have fun!"

Dream had carried out her luggage to his car, since he was the one driving her. Hannah tagged along as "moral support", in reality she was going to miss the girl.

"Love you guys, I'll be back!" She waved before closing the front door. She hadn't been in Orlando for long, but she felt as if she's known these people for her entire life.

"You ready?" Dream asked, handing her an envelope.

"I guess so?" I took the envelope, flipping it around in her hands, "What's this?"

Dream shrugged, "It was on top of your suitcase."

Y/N got into the car as Dream shuffled through his playlist, Hannah sitting in the passenger seat.

Y/N flipped the envelope, ultimately deciding to open it later. If it was from one of them, it'll just make leaving so much harder.

><

The airport was something Y/N had been dreading ever since she received the news. Dream helped unload her suitcases from the trunk before wrapping her in a hug, "Come visit as soon as you can, doesn't matter if it's in a year or multiple, you'll always be welcomed back."

Y/N sniffled into his shoulder, before hugging Hannah.

"You'll do so good, we're so proud." Hannah whispered, trying to hide the tears streaming down her own face.

Y/N dragged her suitcase along as she waved goodbye, Hannah and Dream seemed to disappear after she entered the busy Orlando airport.

><

Y/N had finally boarded the first of her many flights, the studio had provided her with first class. She got herself comfortable before remembering the letter. She couldn't turn back now.

She ripped open the top of the letter, revealing a letter written by Karl Jacobs.

hey Y/N, I know I'm the last person you want to hear from. I just wanted to tell you that I'm so proud of you, and always will be. I'm sorry for what happened, and I know I can't fix it with you now being god knows how far away. I never knew I could love someone so much until I met you. You're always in my head, and I just.. god I miss you so much. I love you and I'm sorry. Come back home as early as you can. I'm so proud of you, can't wait to see you on the big screens again. <3

Much Love,
Karl

P.S. Call me soon, I don't want you to hate me. We can talk this out, I'm sorry.

><

HI! She's off to Switzerland, how much more will she like it there? Who wants to see the note written by Y/N to Karl?

Comments? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have a good day, you're important!

~ 🥕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 725 25
dream, george, nick, and karl are all broke college kids that put all (what was left) of their savings into their band. they get small gigs sometimes...
441K 15.3K 53
You were never one for change. For half your life, all you've done is keep your head down and never reach up. But when you meet a ragtag revolutionar...
215K 2.7K 40
๐’”๐’‘๐’๐’Š๐’• โ”€โ”€โ”€ where my best friend, my famous best friend, a faceless minecraft youtuber, and i try and navigate a friendship that crosses boundarie...