promise me? @xiao

By angelfroomabove

"do you remember my promise, y/n?" "yes.." "i.. really did mean it." ˗ˋ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˊ˗ Xiao and Y/N were childhood... More

info !
characters !
" childhood. '' | one
'' project. '' | two
'' xiao's home '' | three
'' running test. '' | four
" cat cafe. " | five
" xiao headcannons!! "
" ganyu's birthday. " | six
" stress. " | seven
" christmas. " | eight
" thank you!!! "
'' a day together. '' | nine
300 READS ALREADY!?
" xiao's birthday. " | ten
" thunder. " | eleven
" picnic under the sakura trees. " | twelve
OMG NOW 600 READS??
" under the tree. " | fourteen
" past.. lifes? " | fifteen
" my.. past life? " | sixteen
( 1k reads bonus ! ) childhood. | seventeen
" sweet jelly - filled donut. " | eighteen
" another one? " | nineteen
" rises the moon.. " | twenty
" a trip back to the cat cafe. " | twenty - one
" you're horrible at karaoke.. " | twenty - two
( 2k reads bonus! ) " how can one love? " twenty - three
" a.. play? " | twenty - four
" first practice. " | twenty - five
( 3k reads bonus! ) " alternative universe. " | twenty - six
( 4k reads bonus! ) " the past, and the past only. " twenty - seven
" festival of.. love? " | twenty - eight
announcement !
" warmth in the darkness. " | twenty - nine
"its just polyester." | thirty
"christmas day once again" | thirty - one
new book !
erm..

" midnight walk. " | thirteen

203 7 2
By angelfroomabove

" midnight walk. "

[ ur pov!! ]

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

I roll around in my bed, unable to sleep at all. I still can't get over what happened at the picnic, Xiao said he liked the kiss. I lay on my side, feeling my face heat up again. I quickly covered my face, kicking my legs around.

Though, I'm glad none of my friends heard him say that, they would act all weird again. At the same time, he almost kissed me again, because he was trying to share his pocky with me.. I think.

It really does seem like he likes me, maybe I could tell him on Monday.

Suddenly, my phone beside me receives a text, I open it. It was from Xiao.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

xiao.

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

11:32pm

xiao.
Y/N.
are u awake?

guess not

nono I'm here
want anything?

xiao
oh
wanna take a walk w me?

Why do you sound so out of character?
anyways, sure, I can't really sleep anyways.

xiao
I'll pick u up.

Wait you don't have to!!!

xiao
just get ready and I'll be there in 10 mins.

alright, tysm!!

xiao
no need to thank me..

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

Because of the sudden visit, or something, I quickly get out of bed, and turn on my light. Quickly, I find a simple outfit. I put on a white sweater on top of the shirt I was currently wearing, a jean skirt along with some black shorts I had on my chair. I also put on some tall socks, and some sort of necklace I randomly found. I also wanted to put on the crystalfly hairclips Xiao got me for Christmas. They shimmered in the dim glow of my ceiling light.

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

Quickly, I grab my phone, and keys. Quickly, I fix my hair, as I almost forgot too. My hair looked like a rats nest, literally. Quickly, I brush it out, and put it into my signature hairstyle.

Once I finished, I heard a knock at the door. I'd grab my keys and phone back, up, and run downstairs to the door. Due to how dark it was, and only using my phone's flashlight since I was to lazy to turn on the lights, I nearly tripped again.

" OW! " I fall onto the floor, right at the last step too. " You alright..? " Xiao managed to keep a.. calm tone of voice, or something?

" Yeahh, it's just a little dark.. " I'd get up, and walk over to the door, opening it. There, Xiao was standing there with some pajama pants, and a black shirt. " Come on, lets go. And put on your shoes. " He turns around, waiting me to step out of the door.

Quickly, I put on my white sneakers on, and follow behind Xiao, closing and locking the door. The Streetlights were dimly lit, so it was still a little hard to see. Xiao took my hand, leading me to the park. " The sky is full of stars right now, so hurry if you wanna see them. " He kept leading me.

Finally, we reached the park. It was still full of cherry blossoms, since we had just gone here to a picnic days ago, the cherry blossoms were still sort of fresh. Petals kept falling, as Xiao and I walked through the park, silent.

As we kept walking further, and further, we both see where we had a picnic at, and where Xiao and I walked alone together. However, after a few more minutes of walking, a huge cherry blossom tree is seen from afar.

" Hey, we didn't see that the last time we came here..! " I say. Xiao looked a little surprized, since we walked like a few minutes away from this huge tree, and we didn't even notice it until now.

" We can rest there, get a move on.. " He softly tugged me over, while I continued to admire it from afar. There was still a lot of smaller cherry blossom trees growing everywhere in this huge park, however, this was the biggest out of all of them.

It must be pretty old to grow this big, honestly.

Finally, we reach the tree, and rest under it.

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

A/N
in the photo, pretend its night.

" This is beautiful! We should come back here sometime when it's light out. " I smile, while Xiao looked at me. I almost forgot to mention, he had his headphones, which I had given him resting on his neck.

" The crystalfly hairclips really suit you. " Xiao looked over at me, managing the smallest smile possible. My face heat up a little. " I-I.. t-thank you. " I stuttered as my heart pounds faster.

Xiao must've noticed that, because he looked away, the tips of his ears turning red under the moonlight. We both just gazed at the stars, and the petals falling down from the huge cherry blossom tree.

" Xiao, wanna walk around the park now? " I ask, getting up and stretching. He nodded, and he got up and begun following me. Again, we both stayed silent, while humming from time to time.

Suddenly, I remember our childhood. When Xiao and I were little, Xiao was a lot more open, and was a quiet kid. However, he was always a little more energetic, and he was such a good listener.

After his friends died, I was there. But soon, he begun to distance him from me, he just wanted to be left alone to deal with it. After that, I never wanted to bother him, so did Xiao, probably.

His friends were all a little older then him, but then they died in a kidnapping. Xiao was the only one who survived, because they all protected him. I feel really bad for him, but I'm glad he's starting to act like how he used to be again.

I remember Xiao loved Combat. He would always steal Guizong's " polearm " that she tried hiding from Xiao. As always, he always practiced it. He even showed me a lot of his moves, which is pretty shocking to hear, since he was like ten or something at the time.

After that, Guizong, his mother died because of a bad car crash. That happened way before his friends died. After that, he just became depressed, it was horrible seeing him in that state everyday at school, even if we never talked at that time.

As I kept thinking of the past, a sad look was painted on my face. Xiao looked over, and noticed it. " Anything wrong.? " He asked. I just gave him a thumbs up, before we continued walking around.

As I said before, cherry blossom trees were scattered everywhere. Usually, a lot of people come to this park, but this year was different. Not a lot of people came to visit the park to see all of cherry blossoms, which was good, since we had a picnic a few days ago, and.. barley a soul was there.

" Xiao, thank you for asking me to walk with you, " I continued. " I really enjoyed it a lot. " I smile. " You're.. welcome. " He tried his best to look at everything but me, but failed miserably by seeing the cute smile on my face.

" ..Wait, don't we have school tomorrow? " I suddenly stop, while Xiao also stopped I his tracks, and looked at me. He slowly nodded, while I panicked. " I've gotta get back home!!! " I begin running, while Xiao quickly catches up to me, not even breaking a sweat.

" Hold my hand, and hold on to your belongings. " Xiao offered a hand, while I accepted. Suddenly, he began running a lot faster then before, zooming by a lot of cherry blossoms, and before I knew it, we were out of the park.

He kept running, stopping at streets time to time. Finally, we reach my house. " Thanks, Xiao. See you tomorrow! " I smile, before going inside my house. However, in the corner of my eye, before I went in, his cheeks glowed bright red.

I take off my shoes, slowly walking back upstairs. Luckily, both my parents were doing nightshifts tonight, so I wouldn't get caught today.

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

word count - 1363 words!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...