Love is a game (Love in the a...

By Feychild1225

This is a collection of Love in the air one shots that I have already published elsewhere and I am putting to... More

Secret agent man
The Window
Stitches of Love
The Canvas
The Easter Bunny's Tale
Amusement Park Date
The Internship
It's only make believe
Rain The Cat Whisperer
Love in reverse
I licked it, it's mine
Old Friends, New loves
The Mischievous Princes
Choices of Love
Fairy Child
Sensual Arts
Sensual Arts part 2
Cooking Lessons
Woke up in Love (Emo Demon)
Crying With the Wolves
Last Friday Night
Phi is mine
He's Your Problem Now (phi is mine part 2)
Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)
Crystal Clear
Midnight Aurora
Candy Striped
There's a thin line between secret admirer and stalker
Rain is unlucky
Kumiho: A Tale of a Nine Tail
Better Than in the Middle
Always
Blind Date
Cat's in the Cradle (a hybrid story)
Cat Class and Cat Style (a hybrid story)
Holiday Angel
Bell in the night
No One But You (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
I'd Rather be famous Instead (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
Learning What I like about you (cam boy Phayu au)
Be Mine, Only and Forever (cam boy Phayu au)

Rain the fan boy

944 50 1
By Feychild1225

All in all It has been a bad week and Phayu is absolutely exhausted. They have a new client who changes her mind every time she reads a new article in a chic magazine or sees some put-on home design show. She seems to expect Phayu to be able to immediately drop everything and redesign her plans to suit whatever her latest whim is. Today they were able to finally come to an agreement with her to finalize her plans, but only after P'Mhok threatened to drop her as a client if she didn't. Now Phayu is physically and mentally exhausted. Part of him just wants nothing more than to go home, grab a drink and possibly sleep the entire weekend. Of course he can't do that, P'Pakin just sent over a new set of bikes that must be looked over this weekend for next week's race. His weekend at the garage will be just as busy as his past week, if not more so. As much as he loves both architecture and working on engines, this is one of those times when he wonders what in the hell possessed him to try to do both.

To make matters worse he can't even go straight home and relax with a glass of his favorite 12 year old Japanese whiskey like he so dearly wants to. He has already promised he would go by the university and drop off some papers with the freshman vice president, Sky, and check on the progress of the freshman activities. Phayu sighs, well at least after this one last thing he can go home and relax for the evening. Once at the faculty, he quickly finds the room where he was told Sky would be having his last class of the day and decides to wait outside as the students begin to file out.

As he waits, his attention is drawn to the raised voices of students in the back of the room. From the sound of it the two boys and the girl are having a heated argument. Phayu moves back out of sight not wanting to interrupt yet. If it becomes necessary he will be a good senior and intervene to calm the freshmen down.

"I don't see what's so great about P'Phayu," the snobbish sounding girl says. "So what if he won a few awards?"

Oh, interesting is the argument about him? This could be entertaining.

One of the boys, Phayu thinks it could be the cute one with the pouty lips, says "That's absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows the most handsomest, smartest man to ever grace these halls is P'Phayu!" Phayu pauses; he is almost certain he has never met this freshman before. He is sure he would remember meeting such a cute boy. He wonders what he could have done to inspire such loyalty from a freshman. Phayu is used to having the admiration of his juniors he attended university with, but that's because he often helped them out with school projects and assignments. He had already graduated before these freshmen started.

"He doesn't even work for a big name firm, probably a little firm was the only one he could get a job at." The girl says.

"That's not true! All the firms were begging P'Phayu to work for them at a higher salary than some people get after years of experience. Who wants to work for a big firm that stifles creativity? A little firm is best." he says.

"You just like him because he's hot," the girl said scornfully.

The boy mumbles something that to Phayu sounds like, "not just because he's hot." Phayu raises his eyebrows at this. The boy continues louder, "I just admire him, that's all. He was always top of the class in school, he was student council president all five years he attended here, he turned down the chance to be university moon, and he didn't just win a few awards. He won some of the top awards in Thailand and came in second for two international awards."

"Rain, you are such a fanboy." Ah so the cutie's name was Rain, Phayu noted.

"So, what," Rain continues, "I also know for a fact that P'Phayu is kind and generous."

"How do you know, if you've never met him?" She says.

"I just do." Phayu could practically hear the pout in those words.

"I heard he always made himself available to help his juniors even when he was busy with his own work," the other boy contributes to the argument for the first time. Phayu is pretty sure that this is Sky who he is here to see, although he had only caught a glimpse of him and his eyes had been mainly focused on Rain. "And that he even works part time at his family's business as busy as he is."

"Hmmph, simps." the girl mutters. Phayu hears her moving towards the door. He moves back slightly to give her room. When she sees him she first goes pale then turns very red, realizing he must have overheard everything. She manages to give him a polite wai and says, "P'Phayu, I...."

He really isn't upset with the girl, Phayu doesn't have the type of personality that he needs to be universally loved. If he were he would have been disappointed a long time ago, many people found him to be way too controlling, too quiet, or too stern. The smile he gives her is a little sardonic, but only says, "Nong." with a little tilt of his head before moving into the classroom.

Sky stares at him a little wide eyed, also realizing that Phayu must have overheard the argument. The one called Rain is turned away gathering his bag and study materials so he doesn't see Phayu until Sky nudges him. Phayu wonders if Rain will be as embarrassed as the girl was to be overheard but when he turns he only gives Phayu a brilliant smile.

Phayu finds himself instantly charmed by the boy and decides he wants to get to know him better, much better in fact. His gaze is drawn to the boy's naturally pouty lips and he can't help but wonder how they would taste. As if Rain realizes Phayu's thoughts he nervously licks said lips making Phayu's insides heat up slightly.

Phayu reigns in his errant thoughts and goes to where they are, "Sky, I brought the freshman activity templates for you to make copies of."

"Thank you, P'Phayu," Sky says giving him a wai, "this is my friend, Rain."

"Glad to meet you, P'Phayu." Rain says also giving him a wai.

"Sky, I was just about to go get something to eat, would you and your friend like to join me?" Phayu says. Ten minutes ago all he had wanted to do was to just drop off the paperwork and go straight home but now he wanted a chance to get to spend some time with Rain.

"Yes," Rain says quickly at the same time Sky says, "Sorry, I can't."

Sky gives Rain an odd look before wishing Phayu farewell.

Phayu takes Rain to a small cafe he remembers fondly from his university days. It's a small place run by a woman and her son. The food is healthy, homemade, and absolutely delicious. What Phayu loves the best about this place is the intimate and quiet atmosphere that is so different from the loud music and rowdy students at so many restaurants and bars near the university.

Once they are seated Phayu can't resist teasing Rain a little bit about what he overheard. "So I am, what was it, most handsomest, smartest man to ever grace the university halls?"

He is amused to see Rain cross his arms and pout at this, "but it's true," Rain says sulkily. Phayu doubts he does this on purpose but it is so adorable that it's all Phayu can do not to drag him out of the restaurant to somewhere more private.

Rain's answer makes curiosity get the better of Phayu, "Nong, be honest have we ever met before? I think I would remember meeting you."

For some reason this makes Rain blush, "not exactly." He reaches for his bag and pulls out a triangle ruler and hands it shyly to Phayu. Phayu immediately recognizes his tornado signature on it and thinks it is the one he had left with an unknown high school student the previous year during their faculty's open house. He had come across the student's bag along with an architectural faculty pamphlet that the student had written, 'I'm going to be an architect student!" on. Phayu had appreciated the enthusiasm for the subject he himself loved so much. This caused him to leave the tool and add, 'then I wish you the best of luck.' to the pamphlet on a whim.

"I showed the ruler to my tour guide and asked about the signature. She said that it looked like your mark and pointed you out to me." Rain admits. "It became my good luck talisman during my entrance exams."

"Oh so you were the hopeful architect student," Phayu nods, "I'm glad you passed then. Do you always carry it with you?"

Rain giggles, "No, it usually stays in a case in my room but I sometimes carry it if I have an important test or presentation to make. Today it was a test."

"I hope you studied as well, and just didn't depend on luck." Phayu teases.

"Of course, Sky and I studied together, but a little luck doesn't hurt as well," Rain says.

"Is studying architecture all you hoped for? What made you want to study anyway?" Phayu asks.

Rain nods, "It's been my dream since I was 12 and my mom took me to visit some of the ancient sights in Korea. The tour guide pointed out some of the architectural tricks they used during the Joseon period and I was fascinated. Been hooked on architecture ever since. I enjoy studying but I admit I like the creative classes better than the lecture classes."

"Lecture classes give you an important foundation though. Make sure you pay attention to them, you don't want your buildings falling down because you don't know how to place a support beam in the correct place, right?" Phayu says.

"Oh, I will, Phi, I promise." Rain says. "I want to make beautiful designs like you do someday."

"You will, just keep up the hard work." Phayu tells him to make a show of sounding like a good senior.

Phayu and Rain walk back to the university parking lot mostly in silence. Phayu is deciding the best way to ask for the cute boy's number. Should he just ask, or maybe offer to give Rain help with school? He is still debating the point in his mind when they reach Rain's car.

Phayu has just about decided to offer to mentor the junior, when Rain says in a rush of words as if he is afraid of losing his nerve, "P'Phayu, I know you probably hear this all the time and I am sorry if I am being annoying but the the thing is, I like you. I have liked you every since that day. Not just because you are the god of the architecture faculty and I admire you, or because you are very handsome, although you are. It's also because you were so kind and encouraging that day. I was just wondering if I could have your number. It's okay if the answer is no, I completely understand. Of course why would you want to give me your number, you probably don't want some silly freshman bothering you. You are far too busy for that."

Phayu stops Rain's words with a finger to his lips. "Rain, I don't think you are annoying and I was about to ask you for your number." He brushes Rain's lower lip with his finger before moving back.

"Really?" Rain looks a little dazed at this turn in events as if he had expected Phayu to get angry or laugh at him.

"Really, I want to see you again." Rain looks down shyly and Phayu puts a finger under his chin to tilt his head up. He slowly bends down staring into Rain's eyes and gives Rain a gentle kiss. Phayu has wanted a taste of those lips all night and they are as sweet as he expected.
Phayu watches Rain drive away, the cute boy's number is secure in his phone and he has acquired a promise of a date for Sunday lunch. If he had gone directly home like he had wanted to he would have never heard the freshman's argument and might not have ever had the chance to meet Rain. Phayu can't help but smile. All in all it has been a good week.

********

Notes:

Prompt: Phayu visits the school for some alumni thing and hears Rain tell everyone, "That's absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows the most handsomest, smartest man to ever grace these halls is P'Phayu!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 813 15
A fanfiction of PrapaiSky from Love In The Air the series. This story is made on my own imagination. I hope you will like it ♡ [Completed] ✺ Sky lost...
22.6K 741 21
" He is so good , that means he must have a lot of good options right. I'm afraid I am just one of those " - Rain " He has been with so many people...
340K 11K 99
The book where i post oneshots and short stories of PhayuRain/SkyPrapai from love in the air the series aka my new hyperfixation couples. The onesho...
1.2K 27 7
Dreamnotfound oneshots which will contain smut, fluff and stuff like that. Requests are open! fluff neutral/normal lime smut angst sad If Dream or Ge...