A funny story about the MBTI...

By MichaelaJacobsen2

All the MBTI types live together in an apartment building. some are in different rooms, but the premise is En... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Part 2 | Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus! Inside an ENFPs head
Lil' sis wants a try
Inside an ENFPS head pt. 2
Chapter 16
Inside ENFPs brain pt. 3 / Hiatus update

Chapter 17

252 9 5
By MichaelaJacobsen2

The morning of the 16th came and Infp... had totally forgot. She had gotten just a wee bit distracted last night and let's just say she didn't get to bed particularly early, even according to her standards.

She got up at what she later found out was 1:00 in the afternoon, and started to get ready, slowly but surely.

About 2 hours later she was on her bed sketching out some rough ideas and interesting things, when Estj knocked on her door asking if she was ready yet. Was it that time already?

Infp: "Uhhhhh, almost." She threw on some pants and struggled to put on a decent-looking shirt as she looked for her shoes.

Estj: "Really?"

Infp: "Yep, just- just about!" She came out the door brushing her hair, while Estj stood there impatiently.

Estj: "Come on, you can brush on the way." She grabbed Infp's hand and pulled her out the hallway.

Infp: "Oh, okay." She followed—well, more like stumbled along with—Estj down the hall and out the door.

Infp: "Can't we slow down a little bit?" It looked like Estj was a couple seconds from breaking into a run, when she turned back to look at Infp, still briskly moving down the building hallway and down the stairs.

Estj: "No, we're already 6 minutes off schedule."

Infp: "Did you have to like, make a reservation or something?" They were now walking out the doors and onto the sidewalk.

Estj: "No."

Infp: "Then what's the rush?"

Estj: "What do you mean?"

Infp: "Why are we hurrying if we don't have to get there at a set time?"

Estj: "Well we don't want to spend more time on this than we have to."

Infp: "Why not?"

Estj: "Because that would be a waste of time."

Infp: "How would it be a waste?"

Estj: "Oh would you look at that we're here." They arrived at the shop and Infp immediately went off to look at who knows what, while Estj asked the staff a few questions.

Infp: "All of this is so beautiful! Each and every dress is different and unique!"

Estj: "Just tell me when you find something apt."

Infp stopped to look at nearly everything, she must have browsed for hours, but didn't feel as if she had explored even a fraction of the beautiful possibilities.

Eventually Estj had to go looking for her, which was an interesting game. As soon as she thought she spotted her, the little fox darted away somewhere else.

Estj: "Infp it's time to go!"

Infp: "Why?" A tiny little voice not quite discernable to a distinguishable area made itself known.

Estj: "It's been two and a half hours!"

Infp: "I don't see your point."

Estj: "Surely you must've found SOMETHING you can wear to the wedding." She tried to locate the source but it eluded her still.

Infp: "I can't choose!"

Estj kept looking and turning around searching for the source of the voice. "Okay where are you?!"

Infp: "Behind you."

Estj: "What?" She turned around again and Infp seemingly appeared out of nowhere, unfortunately startling her.

Estj: "Ah!" She quickly composed herself as she stared at Infp's innocent looking face. "Stop doing that."

Infp: "hehehe. Come on I wanna show you something!" Now it was her turn to drag Estj around by the wrist. She skipped over to a certain part of the store with vibrant colors all over the room.

Infp: "Isn't it beautiful?" She let go of Estj to marvel at the warped hues across the walls.

Estj: "What is it?"

Infp: "It's a mural!"

Estj: "Of... what exactly?"

Infp: "Just, stuff, you know?"

Estj: "No, but what I do know is we have spent far too much time here, and it's time to check out."

Infp: "Ugh... fine, just give me like, 15 more minutes."

Estj sighed. "Okay, fine."

Infp disappeared back into the trove of color and fabric, and Estj was once again baffled.

Infp sighed and gathered a couple of her favorite dresses to try on.

15 minutes later

Estj knocked on the dressing room door. "Are you done yet?"

Infp: "I think I've narrowed it down."

Estj: "Let me see."

Infp opened the door to reveal three dresses hanging on the rack, all very different from each other.

Infp: "I just can't decide which one would be best." Such a beautiful array of colors, like they all represented different emotions, seasons, or personalities, like the world, encapsulated in such a complex display of visuals.

Estj: "Have you even tried any of them on yet?"

Infp: "Yeah."

Estj: "Well which one felt the best?"

Infp: "I don't know, dresses aren't really that comfortable."

Estj: "But which one was the most comfortable?"

Infp: "I- I don't know, I couldn't really distinguish between the three."

Estj sighed. "J- just pick one. This has already gone on far longer than it needed to"

Infp: "Ugh... okay I'll try. Give me like, 5 minutes."

Estj: "Okay, but that's it!" She walked out of the dressing room to give Infp a FEW more minutes. Honestly how long did it take to just choose something? It's not like it was a life changing decision.

Infp opened up the door after a few minutes in a sparkly blue and purple dress painted with butterflies with soft red trails of red behind each one. Clusters of stars filled the unoccupied areas with bright white and gold contrasts. It seemed like a little bit much to Estj, but it was kinda of getting late and all she wanted to do was get out of here.

Estj: "Looks great, now get changed and we'll leave."

Infp: "okay." A little abrupt, but oh well. She took off the radiant dress and put on her other clothes. She tried to fold the dress to the best of her abilities and handed it to Estj.

She put it in one of those special store bags that was a piece of art in and of itself, and went over to the register.

After they had bought the dress, they walked down the street back to the apartment.

Infp: "Thank you for the dress. I think I'm happy with my decision."

Estj: "You're welcome. It's a nice dress."

Infp gazed upon the red and yellows and blues of the sky above them. "The sky is beautiful this time of day... What time is it anyways?"

Estj looked at her watch. "6:03, a considerable bit later than I was hoping to return, but it's fine."

Infp could tell all was definitely not fine. She felt kinda bad honestly, although she was glad she took her time, she wished she could do something to cheer up Estj. There were a lot of little restaurants around this part of town... maybe.

Infp: "Hey, are you hungry?"

Estj: "Hm? Yes, a little bit. Why?"

Infp: "Why don't we go to one of these nice looking restaurants around here? My treat?"

Estj: "And extend this excursion even more?"

Infp: "Or not, that's fine too, it's cool..." She tried to retreat into her shirt as much as possible and shrink away into the background.

Even Estj could tell that Infp looked like she'd be straight stabbed through her heart, she didn't like it, but she could see it. Besides it had been a while since she just relaxed somewhere, especially with Infp.

Estj: "I... guess that would be nice."

Infp: "It would be, wouldn't it?"

They went to a nice pasta place and had a really good time. Estj talked about her plans for up and coming events, and Infp talked about some of the art pieces and projects she had been working on lately. She actually felt like Estj cared and would be there for her when she needed it. Hopefully the wedding would go as well as Estj said it would. She had a feeling Estj was going to have the rug pulled from under her feet in some way or another. She couldn't tell how, but... it was unsettling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 629 148
Hey, guys! Here is another collection of short stories, that will feature me, my Wattpad friends, my friends I know in real life, and random characte...
806K 64.6K 99
It's September and I need a roommate. I couldn't live in the dorms anymore. I was fed up of being paired with idiots. I was done sharing my kitchen a...
2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...