The Pirate (a legolas x oc st...

By zahraussy

shes a pirate elf and hes an elf prince, what a pair right? legolas and maeral have been childhood best fri... More

cast
Playlist!!
Part I: The beginning
chapter 1: who's taller?
chapter 2: friends truly are where the home is
chapter 3: rivendell
chapter 4: mae-1 dar-0
chapter 5: the fellowship of the ring
chapter 6: dont do anything stupid until i get back
chapter 7: and off we go to Mordor
chapter 8: spotlight
chapter 9: more than just a simple greeting
chapter 10: forgiveness
chapter 11: as if it would be enough
chapter 12: magic doors
chapter 13: cant believe you'd think about stealing at a time like this
chapter 14: spoke too soon
chapter 15: tis' nothing but a scratch
chapter 16: fly you fools.
chapter 17: the aftermath
chapter 18: past "entanglement"
chapter 19: aye aye cap'n
chapter 20: curse you pippin the hobbit!
chapter 21: for i shall return with haste
chapter 22: "oh"
chapter 23: attaboy
chapter 24: hurry your ass up then kid
chapter 25: Minas tirith it is!
chapter 26: have you truly?
chapter 27: we shall
chapter 28: water war
chapter 29: that could've been me.
chapter 30: you could've been my older sister
Chapter 31: let's hunt some orc.
Part II: We're halfway in it now
chapter 32: what else could I say about that?
chapter 33: aragorn is demented
chapter 34: oh blimey
chapter 35: white blond elf
chapter 36: have you seen that kid before?
chapter 37: visiting an old friend
chapter 38: did you threaten him??
chapter 39: you are actually at a serious advantage here
chapter 40: call me captain
chapter 41: For a while, the world was dark
chapter 42: we will endure
chapter 43: curses? really?
chapter 44: offsprings
chapter 45: It would be a miracle
chapter 46: you look like you've seen a ghost
chapter 47: I didn't have time to run
chapter 48: puffy princessy dress
chapter 49: how can I? You're taking all the stupid with you
chapter 50: I'll gouge your eyes out
chapter 51: was this the moment?
chapter 52: nice haircut
Part III: The end
chapter 53: a pirate's promise
chapter 54: may the best drinker win
Chapter 55: is it important?
chapter 56: you're supposed to be dead.
chapter 57: old ass
chapter 58: a cactus
chapter 59: the kids aren't high yet at least
chapter 60: oh
chapter 61: a bit inappropriate no?
Chapter 63: stupid
chapter 64: jack shit
chapter 65: the captain's back
chapter 66: lover instinct
chapter 67: free
chapter 68: I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye
chapter 69: fragments
chapter 70: dark allure
chapter 71: promise me you'll be careful?
chapter 72: fight
chapter 73: glow
chapter 74: Return of the king

chapter 62: You'll need all the help you can get

183 10 2
By zahraussy

*First person pov*

"Then Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim!" Theoden ordered. Eomer nodded at his uncle's orders and gives Eowyn a gentle shoulder squeeze. I could see Legolas standing eerily still from the side.

Eomer nods at me, one fighter to another. I nod back at him and give him a cocky smirk. Maybe that could lift his spirits, but I doubt it honestly. He seemed melancholic about the war happening.

I guess he's not as sadistic as I am. Whenever will I get the chance to kill people without needing an elaborate enough reason? I can only do that if I was fighting a battalion of orcs.

It's grim that a battle is about to happen. I won't deny the fact that I'm not terrified, not terrified for the lives of myself and friends. Only a fool doesn't have fear, especially towards death.

But this is also one of the biggest things that has happened since these past few days. What's a pirate if not being excited for a big fight happening? Besides, it also means this journey is coming to an end soon, meaning I could go back to piracy. I could go home.

Its been interesting being the good guy these past few months, but it does get tedious after a while. And I miss the rush of running away from the authorities.

"I should get ready." I point my thumb to the others, who were all running to prepare their armour and horses.

Eowyn nodded, her face was meddled with both determination and fear. 

I rub her back slowly and give her shoulder a squeeze. War is not an easy thing to swallow, fear and grief is bound to get you in some way. It's a cruel thing, but I guess that's the only solution that we people can actually fathom doing.

I was about to turn to leave when Eowyn wrapped her arms around my shoulders tightly. She pulls back to look up to me, worry in her eyes. 

"please be safe out there." she smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. Her lip quivered, but she kept up the smile nevertheless.

I smiled back at her, but it wasn't the usual smile I had as a captain, it was the comforting reassurance of a friend.

"I'll be fine, I promise. I owe you a ride on my ship anyways." I winked at her as I walked away. I couldn't see Eowyn's response, the men were blocking my view of her as they prepare for orders and strategies for the battle.

                                                                 *~*~*

The corridors were quiet. There was no one walking my way, everyone was busy outside or consulting their king about the battle. It seems even the maids were outside or in the kitchen preparing food for the journey to Gondor.

It reminded me of being on my ship somehow, my boots thumping on the wooden floor as I stride about on deck, or really just anywhere on my ship.

Occasionally, the quietness and the fuss outside is exactly how some days go on my ship. Although mostly when it's calm inside, it's calm outside. The only time where it wouldn't be is whenever a bet or a game was going on. Then usually it'd be the most loudest ship in middle earth. Those moments never make me want to settle down and leave my crew.

I really wonder what they've been doing these past few months I'm away. Thinking about it again, it was probably a mistake to let Daratrine handle the ship. She might be the quarter master but she gets stressed very easily. She's had mental breakdowns over the most simplest things ever.

I should brace myself on my ships condition when I get back, they better not butcher my reputation. 

I look upon my room that I've slept for days as I go to the door to leave. 

The bed was tidied up for once ever since I slept here, the whole room didn't have a scratch of clothes anywhere except for the ones in the trunk. My hat and trinkets are swept clean from the vanity desk, there was no trace of me in that room anymore.

"Maybe we'll meet again some other day." I mumbled, before shutting the door and going on my way. 

There was a small chance that I'd come here and stay for long after all this is over, considering the fact that Edoras is quite far from the sea and if we wanted to come here we'd have to go by horse or foot. That's a bit complicated for me to arrange.

But who knows, maybe visiting Darvyn could lead to me visiting Eowyn and Eomer too. If they still wanted to be friends with me after this was over.

I high doubt that honestly. After they've seen me in my natural habitat, with my piracy and thieving, they could drop me since I was a criminal. I doubt I'll even still be associated with all these people after this journey is over.

These people will be kings and nobles, warriors and a caretaker of good against evil. I on the other hand try my best to stay away from them. I don't think I'd want to stumble upon them unless it was for an urgent matter. They aren't a part of my world. They never were.

But how about Legolas? What was he?

What would our relationship be when this was over? Sure now we're be constantly together a lot because of this quest, but then what? We'll live happily ever after back in Mirkwood? Where we'll get married and have babies and I'd have to give up my life on sea?

Yeah, fat chance.

I considered selling my crown, I don't really know why I brought it here. All it does is take me back to bad times. But I didn't have the time, people were starting to leave and even if they didn't fight, they were busy saying their goodbyes. Who knows if that was the last time they'll ever see them again. So I opted to just sell it in Minas Tirith. Selling it in the undercity of the biggest human city will bring me many gold.

I was thinking of visiting Darvyn and the kids after I put my bag on my horse. I don't think I'll be dead by the end of this and neither will they be, but since I'll be leaving them for a long time it's better I apologize to them for ditching last night. I needed to update them on what happened last night anyways.

But first, to the stables.

The stables were packed with men in armour and horses alike pouring out of it. Aragorn walked out of the stables, Eowyn walked out of the stables right after too with a horse beside her.

Curious...I thought she wasn't going?

With the fuss around I didn't bother to ask her why she's coming. If she's coming she's coming, I won't bother her for that.

I walked inside the stables and went for my horse, putting his saddle on and attaching my bag on his side. I still haven't found out what his name was. maybe I shouldn't name him yet and just call him horse for now, I'll be leaving him and going back to the wide ocean anyways. It's better if I don't get attached.

I saw Legolas a few spaces away, tending to Arod. He smiled while stroking Arod's head, a warm feeling rises up my stomach.

Legolas catches me looking his way, he gives Arod one final gentle pat on his mane and comes my way.

"Hey, all ready to go?" I asked, leaning on the horse stable rail.

"yeah..." Legolas answered, he traces the inner lines of his palm. He bites the insides of his right cheek, looking over to my horse. "are you....are you sure you should come? " Legolas said in elvish, guilt in his eyes.

I frown, I wanted to snap at him. But thinking about it again, it's sensible. I look around, and we were alone inside. Everyone has already taken their horses out.

I put my hands on each side of Legolas's face, a soft smile on my lips. "My love, I'm not a warrior. I'm a pirate, I run away from battles on land unless it is absolutely necessary."

Legolas's tense shoulder slightly dropped, but the guilt and sadness in his eyes remain. He squeezed my hand that was cupping his face, his hands were trembling.

I lick my lips, taking in a sharp breath. I look up to Legolas. "But I can't run away from this. You'll need all the help you can get. And I swore an oath to protect my crew, I'm honoring that promise." 

Legolas blinked rapidly, locking his jaw and nodding slowly. "alright. But promise me you'll be careful out there." He closed his eyes and rested his forehead against mine.

"Okay." I said and leaned forward to kiss him, softly. His lips were still sugary from the biscuit I had forced him to eat this morning, and almost silken against my own . I hoped this wouldn't be the last time I'd ever have to kiss him.

                                                                  *~*~*

The city was lively to say the least, but It was not for a good reason. 

I start to head to Darvyn's house, they had to gather there. None of them were Rohirrim, they would be safe here, I just needed to say goodbye.

My heart leaped out of my chest as I saw a family gathered ahead of me. They were Darvyn's. 

"What the hell are you lot doing here?" I glared at each of the boy's faces. I didn't care if the kids were crying out while gripping their mother's dress if it meant saving them from a terrible fate.

Fastred, Carter and Emmet looked at each other. Carter turned to his horse while Fastred rested his hand on his sword. Why does he have that with him right now?

Emmet hugged a sobbing Odilia, her face buried into his armour. They all looked prepped for war, it was horrible.

"did you lose your tongue? Soldiers?" I seethed, clasping my hands around my back.

"We're fighting in the war, king's orders. Besides, you'll need all the help you can get." Emmet answered softly, careful not to frighten his daughter.

you'll need all the help you can get.

Ironic.

A chortle escaped my mouth. "no no we are fine as it is. We don't need any more help. More people will be coming from other lands in Rohan. All of you should stay home."

"Mae...they have to. The only reason I'm not going is-"

"no." I pointed at Darvyn, shaking my head. It was impossible to erase the scowl on my face at this point. "you will most definitely not be going. But so aren't you boys, I won't let you fight in this war and that's final."

"You're not our captain." Fastred spoke up. I turn to him, my eyes wide.

"we are grown men. We will fight in our war as it is our duty." Fastred stood his ground, looking straight at me.

He was as tall as Legolas, which meant that I would have to look up to him slightly, but it felt like I was the one looking down on him. He was delusional. Imagine disrespecting me like that?

"Fine, then so be it. Say your goodbyes. It might be your last." I look around to the rest of the family, and back to Fastred. 

As I was leaving, I remembered one thing that I was going to say to them before the mood turned sour. I turned over my shoulder, "by the way, I told Legolas last night." 

And with that I made my way to my horse.

"Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan -Oaths you have taken. Now, fulfillthem all, For Lord and land!" Eomer shouted, raising the spirits of all the men around. I shouted too, if I was mad I could at least let it out somehow.

Eomer gallops his horse, and we all follow him behind. On our way to Gondor.

A/n: HAPPY BELATED MAY THE 4TH EVERYONE may the force be with you forever and always <3 

ik this is a very angsty ending and its gonna take like another 4 more days for me to upload but.....yuh lol.

Anyways hope yall liked this chapter and voted for it if you liked it!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 44
❝There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.❞ - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
7.3K 92 4
(Rewritten) (In Progress) After destroying the One Ring and saving Middle Earth, Frodo finds himself struggling to live a normal life back in the Shi...
3K 65 15
For 60 years, Tauriel was presumed dead by Legolas, who searched YEARS for her. After TBOFA (The Battle of the Five Armies), she left to find a new h...
30K 1K 34
𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘀 𝘅 (𝗙𝗲𝗺) 𝗼𝗰 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴇʀɪᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴊᴏɪɴꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟʟᴏᴡꜱʜɪᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ-ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪɴᴅꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀ...