Obelia's Rose

By viicerene

Y/n. The Princess of Obelia. A beauty indeed. The youngest daughter of Diana and Claude, Obelia's Crowned Pri... More

short author's note
Author's Socmed
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (FLASHBACK)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (Including SP)
Chapter 25 (Debutante)
Chapter 26 (Debutante 2)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Q&A
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
[SURPRISE!] BONUS PART

Chapter 42

467 26 4
By viicerene

OBELIA'S ROSE, CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO, BY VIICERENE.

I worriedly glanced at the magician next to me, "What do you mean?" I questioned, eyeing my father carefully. "His magic is a mess!" Lucas exclaimed, taking an even closer look at my father. I grabbed his hair, playing with it in my hands.

"This isn't simple memory loss, Princess." He said, pointing at my father and somehow forming a ball of magic. With a flash, father frowned but his complexion seemed much better.

It almost seemed like he was perfectly healthy - he looked like he didn't skip a single meal at all. But then, Lucas's magic cracked. It sounded like wires being disconnected. Creating a spark which earned a shocked expression from Lucas.

What was that? Why did it spark? Did his magic fail? Did he not fix him? I looked at Lucas, raising an eyebrow.

He smirked, "Your magic is a lot str- uh, more sensitive than I thought, huh?" Yeah, I will admit that my magic has become a lot more evident and stronger when he was away. "I"ve healed his body, but can't recover his memories."

I tilted my head. He's the most talented magician, and can't even heal my own father... but atleast he tried, right? 

Looking down, "Why, even you can't do it." I frowned. I'll go extreme lengths just to save him. To retrieve his memories with Athanasia and I. But, I could've sworn that most of it was gone before I left the palace.

Lucas had his mouth agape, shook. "To clarify.." He slowly said, looking back at me. "This is a curse."

Oh, I know. I've read about this before. This curse - a punishment for those who dare to use dark magic. What is this? "So you're basically saying that my father used black magic?" I asked. He took a step back from my father. 

"You said that he completely forgot about you and Princess Athanasia?" I nodded. 
"And you said that he wants to kill you whenever he sees you." I nodded once again.

"And for some reason, he keeps that chimera by his side." He said. As much as I would like to call her Jennette Margarita, she will be adressed as chimera today.

She's my cousin, and my family, but she poses as a threat. "The reason I'm asking you is because the magic that the chimera exudes is..." What? Jennette has Magic? He looked unamusedly at me. 

He looked like he was going to laugh at me. "Every human bears magic. The only difference is if they could use it or not."

"Anyway, her magic acts as a stabilizer." He said. She's expressing her desire to be loved by my father. She doesn't know that her father is my uncle. The former Emperor of Obelia. As in the former Emperor that Daddy killed.

What does he mean.. "A stabilizer?" I questioned. The magician let out a sigh, probably tired from his little journey to the World Tree.

"I just got back, I'm tired. Can't we go to another place to talk? Where it's comfy.." He said. I smiled, jumping up. "Then let's go to my room!" I smiled.

--- SKIP

"Simply put, your dad used black magic." Lucas said, taking a bite into a cracker. Gripping my blue dress tightly, I could see my knuckled turn white. "Why would he?" I stood up from my seat, pacing around the room.

I'm sick of this, first Jennette, next daddy, what's next? Athanasia? He shook his head," I don't know." He said.

He thought deeply for a second, "But it looks like he used it a long time ago." He said. Glancing at me, eyeing me from head to toe. "Do you have any idea of what could have happened?" He asked.

"N-no, I don't." I said, stuttering. My mind lingered to the time daddy said that he didn't have me or Athanasia yet, which would probably be fifteen years ago.

And in that fifteen years, Mommy was still alive. But when he woke up, he didn't say anything about mommy. No 'Where is Diana?' or anything. Thus proving that he used black magic to forget mommy.

But when he mentioned 'heirs' his eyes went cold. His body even stiffened. Meaning that we were alive that time. 

"And before I left, I could only find traces of it. Most of the black magic was destroyed." He said. "But for whatever reason, it's starting to revive itself." Oh yeah, because it was exposed to my mana explosion.

His eyes then started to glow. "I've always thought your magic was a bit special. The nature of your magic reverses your dad's time into the past."

But only back to when his black magic was still alive. But then, would that mean if my mana explodes I can detect who has been using black magic amongst the nobles? Might aswell use it on Roger then.

Does that even make sense? How can he even go back in time? If we really went back in time, then we could make history!

My, Lucas. Stop saying nonsense please. "Why doesn't it make sense?" Lucas asked. "You've already experienced it once." He said. How does he know about that? I haven't told anyone else about that.

The fact that I've lived a life as 'The Third Princess, Princess (Y/n) Ambrosia de Alger Obelia.' 

And how it's been destroyed by Countess Rosalia. The only threat here in my life is Jennette. Countess Rosalia is deceased, and also Lady Penelope.

"Stop talking in riddles and explain properly!" I exclaimed. Right, now that I've fully recovered all my magic and consumed my mana thingy, I can see it all clearly. The first time, I was unlucky. In this life, can I change my fate?

What will happen, now that she's back?

"Though, the black magic was broken before it could be completed. Either way, it had nothing to do with you, so I didn't pay much attention to it." He said. But it could pose as a danger to Athanasia and I.

"How does that work? If it was broken once already, could it be broken once again?" Please, may there be a way to fix daddy.

Lucas nodded, "Maybe." He said. Alright, that is sufficient enough for me. "It could be that it gradually dissapeared though." He said. Or it could have happened by chance, which is probably fairly low.

"But if the magic is broken by force, your dad will die." He said. People don't do anything that dangerous. But, we need to think of a solution.

As Athanasia is first-in-line to the throne and is underage. Daddy doesn't have any other heirs aside from me - who is also underage. Thinking too rashly would have him killed, leaving the throne unoccupied.

There are no other heirs to the throne. We don't have any relatives either. If the throne is unoccupied, who knows who would take care of the kingdom?

"Then what do we do? You still said he was dying!" I cried out, straight up sobbing infront of the magician. If His Majesty dies, I would break. I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard, I may snap and I move fast.

Lucas clicked his tongue, a tear sliding down my cheek. "Tsk, either way, I feel annoyed whenever I look at you, and it seems like his declining health is related to you."

The magician scratched his head, "But seeing as he still called for you, he still seems to care for you." He muttered. Even though he can't remember me at all. He still treats me like a daughter of some sorts.

"Stay closer to him. If he continues to spend more time with that chimera without you, the pain will lessen, but the black magic won't dissapear, and he will die quickly."

No, just no. I won't accept that daddy would die at my hands. This is my call. Mommy already died, so I won't let him die too. But then again, I don't know if he would want to live with a cursed body.

Less suffering, quick death. If he's only with Jennette, he will die. "The more I think about it, the more unfair it is."

My eyes darted back to him, "Hm?" He crossed his legs. "It looks like I'll be fixing your dad. I'm starting to think that I'm not being paid enough." Lucas said. Want to fix the problem, Lucas? "Then I will adjust to what you want."

"How much do you want? Thousands? Millions? Billions? Trillions?" I asked. If he wishes for a higher salary, he gets it.

But stingy jerk! I'm about to be a forgotten princess, so I barely have anything to give you. "Ah, what do you want? A kiss?" I asked him. His eyes widened as he looked at me. "Kiss?" He asked. He came closer to my face.

"Where?" He questioned. He then turned to the door and pointed at his cheek. "Here." He said. Is he serious? I was just joking!

Ah, whatever! My lips neared his cheek, earning him a quick peck on the cheek as I did so. He then nodded, looking a little happy before muttering a quiet 'thank you' to me. Soon enough, he then dissapeared when I heard the door creak.

--- SKIP

Now, I was standing behind Daddy. I don't know how I got here. Probably by chance? I don't care. As long as I'm standing near him.

They say that memories can return if the afflicted person recieves a shock... so I might aswell do that. His golden hair hooked onto his perfectly-shaped head... I think I can curve it up a little with a light smack.

Ugh, no. He's under the protection spell. The one that's on me right now. If someone bears the desire to kill the person under the spell, they would be killed.

Instead of hurting the desired person, you would get killed. I swear, to the Obelian people up in the clouds, if that protection spell did not exist, I would probably have shoved those shitty memories right up his ass.

He then turned around all of the sudden, greeting me. His Majesty didn't seem bothered at all with my presence, instead it seemed like he was happy with it. "What is it?" He asked me.

I just smiled softly, "Good Morning, Your Majesty. Are you meeting the Lady Jennette Margarita?" I asked. He nodded. Gesturing at the small gate that had Felix standing infront of it as guard. "Lady Jennette Margarita has arrived." He said.

I smiled at her this time too, even though it hurts. "Lady Jennette! Welcome!" I greeted. This is the girl that's trying to take my father away from me.

"Your Majesty! Your Highness! Good morning to the both of you!" She greeted. Ugh, if Athanasia was here, things would be much more tolerable. That fifteen-year-old girl would most likely get married at eighteen.

Now, she's on a date with none other than the well-known Ijekiel Alpheus, son of Duke Roger. But again, this uncomfortable three-person meeting is making it's way to me.

I might be the only one who feels this way though. His Majesty doesn't seem to mind it that much, while Jennette is happy to the max. She's still probably under the illusion that I'm her sister.

She then smiled, reaching into her bag that I assume daddy got for her. Roger wasn't really a fan of wasting his money on material things like that.

"Uh, I tried making chocolates and brought some to give to Her Highness and His Majesty." She said, breaking the awkward silence. No wonder she was deemed as 'loveable' by my sister. She really is.

I smiled, happy as she was happy too. "Wow, that's amazing Jennette!" I said enthusiastically. But daddy doesn't like sweet things at all.

He doesn't despise it, but neither does he like it a lot. He just finds it tolerable and will avoid it once he gets the chance. Jennette then smiled too, passing the box of cleanly made chocolates to me.

Might as well try this almond one first. It tasted good, not gonna lie, but then daddy snook a glance at me. 

Huh? Why is he only looking at me? There's a literal Jennette over there to look at. The cherishable, loveable, softhearted, ice-melter Jennette. When Jennette offered the chocolates to him, he looked overly disgusted.

I'll just take everything for myself since Jennette said for herself that she didn't want any more and that she was full.

Could he be holding back because of Jennette? Did he perhaps realize something? Did he get his memories back overnight? My gosh, did Lucas actually fix him up once again? I smiled at Jennette once again, "It's delicious!"

I'm probably thinking too much. Probably overthinking about everything. My head is already as muddled enough as it is.

Lucas said that daddy's pain lessened when Jennette was present. This may be the only time I can be able to stay with him without him having that painful headache of his. "Your Majesty, are you sure you do not want to try one?" Jennette offered.

"It's very sweet and tasty." Jennette said. No! Jennette, please take it back! Ain't no way you're going to take my father away from me once again.

Too late. My father already ate one piece of her chocolate. "Does it suit your tastes?" Jennette asked, clearly worried at what my father's reaction could be. He only nodded in approval, "It's sweet. Fine." He said.

His Majesty didn't even frown! He's not even kicking her out for making him eat it! "Bring some more tea." Daddy said, lifting up the pot which was quickly taken by the maids.

Before the maid left, she showed a look of disdain to Jennette. "Yes, Your Majesty." Was all she said. Quickly darting my eyes to Jennette, she looked down, seemingly almost to tears. Could she feel it?

But anyway, so I was right! This is discrimination! But I'll just comfort Jennette first in the meantime.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.3K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
4.4K 204 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...
3.4K 213 14
Claude de Alger obelia.. A businessman whom everyone respect and fear.. He is righteous and Unbending.. He won't spare anyone who makes mistakes an...