Chapter 43

OBELIA'S ROSE, CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE, BY VIICERENE.

Seriously...? Ugh! Squeezing this cusion beside me isn't going to help me take out all my anger. I might as well just kill him myself! "Ah, seriously?" I asked Felix, looking him dead in the eye. "Isn't he being too much?"

I then stood up and started dancing around the table. "Oh, I'm the so supreme and noble Majesty that's so open with his favoritism!" I imitated my father.

I sat down once again, but on the other side of the one I sat on. "If he likes Jennette that much, then he should have called her alone from the start." I said. He can't even remember me. So why did he even call for me?

An audience requested, an audience granted. If he doesn't even remember me, or recognize me, then why does he even bother granting me an audience?

I hate you. I hate you so much, daddy. Felix then sat down beside me, trying to keep his composture and sanity intact infront of me. "Princess," He paused, trying to think of something to say to me.

"It's not like that. His Majesty probably just wants to cherish time with you considering that Princess Athanasia has been going on dates recently.." Felix said, all red.

Felix looked at me with pity, and I don't want that. "I don't want your pity!!" I said. He shook his head, scooting even closer to me. "His Majesty isn't playing any favorites, Your Highness." He smiled softly at me.

How do you think that I can't think that my own father is playing favorites when Jennette is always by his side?

"Lady Margarita is a guest from the Alpheus Household." He said. He then looked up at the roof of my bedroom, "His Majesty isn't one to show his emotions very much. You know that very well, don't you?" 

Well, I guess that's true. I can't argue with that either. He barely even shows his emotions infront of Athanasia and I.

He then continued, "His Majesty is able to express his honest feelings around you because he sees you in him. And, you've been with him a long time, Princess. He feels comfortable with you."

Wow, Daddy knows how to feel comfortable? That's new. He only knows how to feel comfortable whenever there's a couch in his presence. 

"Just like in the past." Felix said to me. Daddy, your memories aren't back yet, and I hope that you would be fixed in no time. Okay, Felix. You've got me. I'm feeling slightly embarassed right now, but okay.

I looked him in the eye, instead of the floor. "I'm sorry for complaining. Thank you for listening to me, Felix." I said.

I was being too sensitive about daddy losing his memories. Maybe I could take a short, well deserved rest for today? I doubt anyone would request an audience from me for now. The spotlight is on my sister for now.

--- SKIP, A FEW DAYS LATER

BANG!

One of our maids came bursting through my bedroom door. She seemed excited, like she's seen something that gave her good luck for the rest of her life. "Princess! Princess!" She called out to me, now smiling.

Ces didn't smile like that... unless someone wanted an audience. "The young master of the Alpheus Residence has requested an audience! And, The Princess Athanasia has returned!"

Oh, Athanasia finally came home. Lately, she's been spending her days with Ijekiel. Not like daddy minds now. I tilted my head though, "Why is he suddenly requesting an audience? He didn't give prior notice." Lily said.

What does he want now? A blessing for marriage? No way! He's eighteen and my sister is only fifteen!

The thing is, though, Lily has been much more perceptive about Ijekiel since Athanasia goes on dates with him. "We let him know that he's putting us in an awkward position, but he says that he must speak with the second Princess."

Should I just turn him down? No... He's given me a lot when I ran away from the palace and I've left without any notice.