Quarantine Blizzard (Editing)

By LilithAdelaide

Luna was a girl who always told everyone to 'Fuck off'. Not wanting anyone in after a bad experience with her... More

☢Description☢
☢Level Two☢

☢Level One☢

78 5 13
By LilithAdelaide

☢Knowing life is hard, is not the only thing you need to know to get through it.☢
Published 06/01/15

I knock on the door of the penthouse, confused as to why the address my brother gave me lead me here. Scratching the back of my head, I read the address over and over again on the small scribbling I wrote on a piece of paper.

The door opens and a boy with glasses, dark brown hair, and green eyes, steps out of the penthouse. "Hello there. What can I help you with?" he asks with a smile.

"I was just here to find my fucking brother. Is that too much?" I reply with an eyebrow raise. He stares at me in shock. Oh crap. Did I do it again?

"You must be Luna!" he exclaims with an even bigger smile. "Max told me you'd have black hair. I guess you dyed it pink?"

"It's supposed to be purple. The hairdresser got it wrong and I have to live with it." I sigh. "Now, does my brother live here or not?"

"He does. He's just at work. Which reminds me I have to go to work as well. Um, can you guard the house while we're gone? I was waiting for the sitter but she called just a few minutes ago saying she won't be able to come. So your timing is perfect." he replies as he pushes me inside. "Your room will be the last door to the right of the stairs. Bye!"

I blink at the door as he closes it shut. "Was I just kidnapped or was that really the infamous Nox that my brother kept bragging about?" I say to myself.

I feel a furry thing brush against my ankle and I yelp in surprise before jumping away, dropping my duffel bag in the process. A meow comes from the culprit and I stare at the white furball that is now in front of me with a small food bowl in her tiny mouth.

"Uhh... Hello, Kitty..." I greet hesitantly. The cat sets the food bowl down and meows loudly. I hurry to the kitchen and search for the cat kibble. "Fuck it! I'm feeding you tuna!" I yell as I grab the tuna from the pantry. I open it with the easy open puller and pour the content into the bowl before tossing the empty can into the trash bin.

The cat meows and eats the tuna like it's heaven in a bowl. I watch for a few seconds before I grab my duffel from the living room and walk towards the stairs. Where did he say the room was?

I settle down in the correct room, after confirming with Max through text which room I'll be staying in. He fixed it himself. It had a window seat and nearly everything was colored blue, for fabrics, and light brown wood, for the wooden furniture.

I sit on the comfy window seat, staring out the window towards the rainy outside of London. I trace the path of raindrops on my window with a sigh as I lean on the pillow on the wall with my eyes feeling heavy.

"Martha, why did you get these children?" Ben asks as I wake up in my brother's arms in the car. I shivered and Max tightens his hold on me, making me warmer.

"Ben, my mother is coming home. I only need these kids to impress her. We can throw them out into the streets after."

My eight year old self cuddles into Max as he strokes my hair in a brotherly manner. I cry all of a sudden. I'm hungry, I don't know what to do.

"Luna. Shh... It's alright. Please be quiet.." Max cooed into my ear.

I still cry, I look over at them and cry more after I see Martha and Ben looking annoyed.

"For the love of God! Shut the child up!" Ben shouts.

"Brat, shut your sister up!" Martha yells at Max. Max shakes and tries to calm me down.

"Shut up already!" Ben shouts as he turns around to hit us. The car swerves, we get hit by a van. Max and I lurch forward.

I scream as I fall off of the window seat, a startled Kitty hisses and runs out my door. I hold my chest, my heart beating erratically, as I try to control my breathing.

"What happene- " Nox starts as he barges into my room. He must have finished work. His eyes widen at the sight of me and he immediately grabs his phone and dials a number.

"Stop!" I cry out. "Please don't!" I choke on the air as I try to greedily get the air back into my lungs.

"Max! Come home, right now! Your sis- Okay! I'll take her!" Nox ends the call and dials another number. "Help! Please! My friend, she's having trouble breathing! I live in the penthouse of the Pierre building on North Street! Please hurry!" he yells as he carries me, his phone in between his cheek and shoulder.

I choke again on my air supply as I grip his shirt. He races down and out the door, carelessly dropping his phone as he runs to the elevator. I shake violently as I try to control my breathing. "I-I'm fine. P-please d-d-don't take me t-to the hospital. P-please..!" I choke out as I grip his shirt tighter.

"Luna, please don't talk." he cries out. "I am not letting my best friend's sister die!"

I clutch my chest as it contracts tighter. My vision is getting blurry, my head feels heavy.

"Luna?! Luna! Please! Hang on!" he cries as he holds me closer to him. The elevator dings right as the world goes black around me once again.

"Mom, where are we going?" I hear Max ask as we walk towards a small house near the city. I hold my big brother's hand as I jump on random puddles here and there.

"Max, you and Luna will be staying with Aunt Josephine until Mommy comes back to pick you up ok?" my real mother smiles at the both of us.

"Josephine? I never knew Grandmother gave birth again." Max replies.

"Oh? Aunt Josephine is from your father's side dear." she answers as she brings us both inside the house.

I sit down with my brother in lobby. Our mother went inside the office. I played with my toy bunny on my lap as I looked at my brother occasionally. He's reading a book. It's a weird book called 'A Beautiful Mind'.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. O'Collins. But we do not accept children from families that can manage them themselves!" a woman exclaims from the room as the door opens. I jump down from the chair and race towards the door, hugging my mom's leg as she walks out.

"You don't understand, Josephine..." my mother pleads. I look up, seeing my mom with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry..." Aunt Josephine sighs as she closes the door. Max pulls me off of Mom as she smiles sadly at us.

"Kids, stay here with your Aunt alright?" she asks as she kisses our foreheads. She hurries out of the building as I look at Max.

'Now that I think of it, my mom never came back for us.' I think as I come to. I blink angrily at the bright light near my face and I grumble. Oh god, am I in the hospital..?

"Lulu?" a voice asks. I turn my head to the side and smile at Max. He stares and holds my hand tighter.

"Hey, Maxie." I reply, my voice cracking slightly.

His eyes well up and he cries into my hand. "I thought I'd lose you, Lulu..."

I wince slightly from his vulnerability. "But you didn- "

"I nearly lost you once, Luna... You know this..." he whispers.

"Max... Please, don't do this to yourself..." I plead as I use my free hand to stroke his cheek.

He nods and wipes his tears away. "The Doctor said you'll be free to go. He just advices you to see a psychiatrist to help you through your nightmares so he can prescribe you the correct drugs to help you through your condition."

"Bullshit. I was just surprised, Max." I reply.

"Luna." he grumbles.

"Max." I copy.

He sighs. "You hang tight. I'll call the nurse so I can log you out of the hospital."

"Are you sure she's okay, Max?" Nox asks for the tenth time as we eat our ice cream in the ice cream parlor. Max sighs and looks like he's about to dump his cotton candy ice cream on Nox's head.

"I'm fine, Nox, trust me." I reply for him and take another bite from my green tea ice cream.

Nox sighs. "Fine, I'll stop asking. If you buy me another scoop of skittle ice cream."

"Deal. Max looks like he'll explode. Another scoop of CC, Maxie?" I reply. Max nods grimly while secretly glaring at Nox. I stand and walk to the counter.

"Hello, again." the boy greets as I reach the counter.

"One scoop of Vanilla with Skittles as topping, one scoop of cotton candy ice cream, and one scoop of green tea with a scoop of bubblegum. Three orders, three cups." I order.

He chuckles. "You and your friends have weird taste."

"Don't hate the ice cream lover. My name's Luna. Yours?" I reply with a small laugh.

"Parker. Parker Winchester." he bows for effect.

I giggle. "I'm just Luna."

"Well, just-Luna, this order is on the house. For brightening up my day." he replies with a playful wink.

"Won't that come out of your paycheck?" I ask as he hands the paper with my order to his co-worker.

"Psh. I don't get paid. This place is owned by my Grandma. And she always told me to 'Give the order for free if they spread some glee'." he answers.

"You totally made that phrase up just now." I retort jokingly.

"Yup. She likes it if I give free stuff to my friends so I think we're good." he replies with a smug grin.

"Oh, so we're friends now?" I laugh.

"You don't wanna be friends?" he mumbles with a fake pout.

"Alright, alright. I'll be your friend if you give me chocolate bits on my order." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Done. How about a kiss?" he winks.

"Woah there, bud. I think you're still in the friendzone." I snort.

"Got me." he chuckles as he hands me a small tray and puts all the orders on it. I smile as I walk back to my table. Max and Nox didn't notice that I was gone for quite awhile and they dig in immediately into their ice cream.

I pick my cup up and I nearly laugh out loud as I see a paper that was underneath my cup with Parker's name and number written on it with a dorky smiley face beside it. I snort and I stuff it inside my pocket, digging into my ice cream like Nox and Max.

Once we got home, I immediately text Parker.

Me: You dork. Did you seriously put your number under my order?

Parker: Maybe, maybe not.

Me: You totally did.

Parker: What if it was my co-worker?

Me: I would expect him to write his number. Not yours. Ya dork.

Parker: Ouchie. :(

Me: >:D

Parker: You're a demon.

Me: You're a scoop.

Parker: A scoop?

Me: Of poop. >:D

Parker: Bullshit!

Me: You admitted you're a scoop of bullshit! :D

Parker: Nooooo! D:

Me: Muahahahaha

Parker: Well you're a piece of gum stuck under my shoe. Your hair proves it!

Me: For the record, it's supposed to be purple.

Parker: Well that got messed up.

I freeze. That's not the only thing messed up. I realize that I just let someone get close to me.

Fuck.

Shit.

This is not supposed to happen.

Me: Um, bye.

Parker: Wait, what?

I place my phone on the window sill. Ignoring the continuous beeping from his texts.

What changed?

Hello, peeps! Dust Light sort of became a flop since I saw a book that's been here longer since DL that had a similar plot. So I had to stop DL for awhile. Just until I figure out a plot for it though. But until then, enjoy my new little child, Quarantine Blizzard!

I hope you guys enjoy this book as much as I enjoy writing it, and hopefully I get to finally devote myself to finishing this book.

If you guys wanna check out my friends' books, go check out;

EchoEiNgRequiem for books such as:
The Puppeteer's Reprisal,
and:
Metempsychosis

Dani-Kun for books such as:
Error 404: Identity Not Found,
and,
Alice Lost In Wonderland

Shoutout to jennychu11 for giving me the idea of a natural disaster describing Luna. She chose Cyclone, but since I liked Blizzard more, I went with that, but still a shoutout to her.

Also, if you guys wanna check out some awesome books, I recommend reading books by xXWolf_GirlXx . They're awesome and I have all her books in my mobile library. That's how cool she is.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter!

Love, Hugs, & Kisses all around!

-Lilith Adelaide

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 2.9K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
664K 2.6K 65
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
4.6M 136K 52
After her mother's death Lilith gets a new legal guardian, her older brother. With no knowledge of having four other older brothers, Lilith is send...
161K 7.8K 51
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...