Just a pretty face

By _all_anatomy_

The life of y/n was always summed up as just a pretty face. That is until she shows Him otherwise (911 Story... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Part 5

376 7 0
By _all_anatomy_

I wake up and take a quick shower. I French braid my hair in 2 and then I brush my teeth and get dressed into my uniform because I had work soon.
I walk into Dallas room "get up babygirl it's time for school" I say turning the lights on in her room she slowly sits up. and she smiles. "what do you want to wear today?" I ask going to her dresser.
"My flare pants" she says as I pull them out "the red ones?" I ask showing them to her and she nods "and the shirt that matches yours" she says and flops back down on the bed.
I pull out her shirt that I brought her home along with the hoodie. And her new red bell bottoms
"Dallas what shoes" I laugh at her "converse" "alright get dressed" I say and walk out after laying it on her bed.

I walk into the bathroom so I can do her hair when she's done

she comes in clothed and her hair in a mess I look at her and laugh "whats so funny" she says "your hair" I say lifting her onto the counter. she looks at herself and laughs

"lets get you dressed so we can go get breakfast before school" I say "I want braids" she says "just like mine?" she nods I French braid her hair into two just like mine. I get her down and she brushes her teeth.

I grab my things and Dallas's backpack as we walk out of the door to the truck.

I open the door as she hops in I put her book bag at her feet and I walk around to my side and get in putting my things in the passenger seat.

we drive out and go to a local breakfast place near dallas's school.

she ordered French toasts and I order pancakes.

as we were waiting she looks at me "whats on your mind?" I ask looking at her "your always going to take care of me right? never leave me?" she says "of course babygirl why" "because I love you and I dont want to be sent away" she says "why would you think that ill always be here. and I love you so so much" I say almost tears forming in my eyes. she's never told me she loves me. until now. she was tearing up "no dont cry you'll make me cry" I laugh a little.

"that guy and you still fight?" she ask "who?" "I dont know you say you and him fight" "oh buck" "yea buck" she repeats acting like she knows "he the one that short or the one with the mark on his eye" I say trying to joke around with her. "the one with the mark on his eye" she says and rubs her finger over her eye. "how'd you know?" I laugh. "aunt Morgen told me" I give her a funny look "she was talking about him at the table last night and I heard" she says giggling "you know your not supposed to listen to adult conversation you know that right?" "yea I know" she says and I laugh at her.

we wait and our food finally comes. we head to dallas's school right on Time "ill see you at 10 right? dont forget about me" she says getting out with her backpack on "I wont ill be here I promise" I say completely forgetting to ask bobby if it was ok if I left work for a hour.

she walks into School as I drive off to the firehouse.

I get there and get out walking in "goodmorning boys, and hen" I say as they were standing around "good morning y/n" bobby smiles. "someones a bit chipper this morning aren't we" chimney says. "did someone finally get in your pants" buck say and hen hits him on the shoulder "no" I say "im just in a good mood" I say "well im glad because yesterday I think you had us all scared you weren't even going to come in this morning" hen says. "no im all good" "well good" bobby says. "but I do need to leave at like 9:45 for just a hour is thats okay I have some business I need to attend to" I say "yea its okay as long as were good and not on a call or anything"  "thank you" I smiled.

then we started washing the trucks.

we were finished when the bell sounded "perfect timing" chim says. I laugh and hop in the ambulance driver seat with hen hopping in beside me

buck was driving the firetruck I smirked at him as I pulled out first and headed to the call

"I dont know what you two have going on and im not sure I want to know" hen says as we hop out of the ambulance 7 minutes later when we arrived at the scene.

we walked up and looked over the cliff. "adult male on the ground 3 kids in a bouncy house" I say as the bouncy house had flew off the cliff and is now sitting on the cliff with the man down below. "alright were gonna stage the trucks on that service road. y/n I want you and buck to repel down and anchor that bouncy house assess the condition of those kids. start to send them down one by one in a basket. ill take care of the dad. chim your gonna stay here and work the winch." bobby gave us clear instructions.

we walked off to the truck where we grabbed a harness. and everything else we needed.

we walked back to the cliff and I pulled the harness over me getting myself situated.

chim hooks us in and I stand at the edge beside buck "look were here working together again" buck says "yea but this time I cant push you off the cliff because your strapped in" I smirk "ah boohoo" he says as we start making our way down to the bouncy house.

I made it down first and secured the bouncy house. then buck went straight for the entrance "hey guys. were la fire and rescue were going to get you out everyone just stay calm" buck says "okay boys can you tell if your friend her is okay. is he awake if he breathing?" I ask. one of the boys shook there head and my heart dropped. "lower the basket chim" buck says into the radio "is my dad ok?" one of the boys asked I looked down and saw bobby had reached him finally.

the basket reached us "alright boys lets go now" I say "basket coming in y/n" buck says handing me the basket as I was in front of him now.

I put the boy that was laying there in the basket "alright chim y/n's got one boy and she's going down"

I repelled down all the way to the ground where hen had a gurney ready to go. we transported the boy to the ambulance after hen checked him and he was stable but still unconscious.

buck made it down with the two remaining boys.

I let out a breath I dint realize I was holding in "were good down here you can pack it up top side" I hear bobby over the radio.

hen and I took the boy to the hospital then I checked the time "oh shit hen. its 10 I have to be somewhere" I say "its okay I can drop you off" hen says "actually no its okay we can take the ambulance and you can go actually" I smile she looks at me suspiciously "its dallas's parents day. so all of her class mates parents came in to share there career and she asked me to come as her parent" I smile "aww she's coming around" hen says as we head to the school that I told her.

I hop out and go in I walk into the class room a little late and I see Dallas's disappointed face light up.

she smiles at me "oh hello. you must be Dallas's mom" "yes I am" I say as dallas nods.

"and im so sorry Im late I was actually on a call because im a firefight/paramedic." I smile at the class and all the kids hands shoot up with "thats so cool" one of them says "guys calm down lets not overwhelm ms y/n with questions" she smiles. I point to one boy "do y'all actually have a dog that rides with y'all" he says "no I wish" I laugh "have you ever been super high in the air" another boy ask "yes I have" "have you ever had to be saved yourself" a girl ask i shake my head no "not here recently I have not" then I see a little blond boy sitting beside dallas "Dallas said there was a big snake" the boy ask "yea we had a call with a really big snake that one of the guys had to get off" I say a bunch of ewes were heard through the class. "do you have the firetruck with you" a girl ask that looks a bit snooty. this must be the little girl that makes fun of dallas.

"no but I actually have our ambulance with us" I say "ooo can we go see" "can we see" "please" all the children beg. I look at there teacher she smiles. "if thats okay with you then its okay with me. we can take a trip outside but no one touches anything" she says looking at the class.

dallas smiles

the kids line up and dallas runs up to me and I catch her picking her up. she wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes me tight as we walk out the doors to where the ambulance is parked.

hen hops out of the driver seat and opens the back I smile at hen as I walk over with dallas still in my arms "oh my look at you. your all grown up" hen says and dallas hides her face. I put her down and all the kids gather around

"also this is my partner hen" I say gesturing to her and she smiles and waved "hi hen" all the kids says.

we begin answering questions and showing the kids the inside of the ambulance until it was Time to go

I bend down to dallas "I dont want you to go" she says "I know but I will see you tonight I promise." I say she shakes her head no. "your okay just go back in and play with your friends and it will be over before you know it and you'll be playing with the boys at morgens" I smile she shakes her head no and wraps her arms around me. "I have to go back to work" I say the little blonde boy was standing there looking at her "I think your friend is waiting for you I promise ill see you later I love you" I say as she lets go.

she goes over to the boy. "I love you" she says wiping her tears away as she walks with the class back inside. I look past hen as I shut the back of the ambulance "she's gotten to where she dont want me to leave her anymore" I say as we hop in the ambulance to drive back to the firehouse

"thats what bothering you?" hen ask "no. a man claiming to be her father showed up at my door asking about a child that Lilly had. I told him there was no one there besides myself and told me he'd see me in court." I huff. "oh my gosh y/n" hen says "yea" "im so sorry you know I have you no matter what" "I know and I haven't told anyone I just let it bother me but I had to tell you because its bothering me and this morning dallas told me to never let anyone take her and she told me she loved me" I say tearing up "you wont loose your girl I promise she's beautiful by the way" she says "I know isn't she?" I ask hoping out of the ambulance since we finally arrived.

"looks like Lilly" "just like her" I smile "who?"buck ask coming up behind us. I jump "why the hell are you always around when im having a conversation" I laugh he smirks "I dont know but who we talking about?" he crosses his arms "none of your damn business" I laugh walking off with hen "why the hell are you so damn guarded?" he blurts out. I turn around and look at him "whats my life is mine. you don't want to know. all you ever do is want to get in someones pants buck! or be a douchbag! come back to me when you actually want to get to know me instead of calling me a pretty face" I walk away
"The thing is I do though I want to get to know you but you have these walls built up that no one can get into but hen." He yells.
I go into the bathroom and shut the door locking it.
After a couple minutes of composing myself I come out and see buck working out. Hen looks at me and then back down at her paper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 1.2K 7
Eddie has spent his whole life trying to live up to his parents' expectations. He was used to them telling him he's a terrible parent. But saying tha...
133K 3.7K 36
El has fought for years just to survive her toxic relationship. It's been a living hell for five years. One day she meets a 911 operator who changes...
145K 6.8K 43
"𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰...
30.5K 1.2K 30
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...