Her heart

De Skye__16

Noah was Ava's cousin and best friend, but when he's found dead on his room floor things take a drastic turn... Mais

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Author's Note

5

539 19 2
De Skye__16

Sunday went by really fast. It was a normal, boring day and the only interesting thing happened when the night came.

Billie texted me again and she insisted on meeting the next day after school. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I made my mom drop us to school because Billie said she's gonna drive me home.

I'm currently in the cafeteria, talking random things with my friends.

"I'm telling you, he asked for it" Travis said, talking about the fight he got into at the party

"Of course he did, you kissed his girlfriend. If I were him, your face would have been gone" Zack complained

"I was winning, but you guys got in between" Travis almost jumped out of his seat.

"Bro. Shut up. You were so dead" Victoria laughed " What about you Ava? I've seen you leaving with Billie. Did you get some?" She asked smirking

"Not really. Something...happened. But we'll meet after school"

"That's cool. You need some action" she added with her mouth full of pizza. Some silence filled our group as our mouths were full of food, but I broke it, wanting a second opinion.

"Guys, I have a question" They all raised their heads, looking at me.

"Don't you think it's weird? The way my cousin died. He never said anything about being depressed or something bothering him. At least not that much to do such thing. What I mean is...what if someone else did it?"

They looked at me like I was crazy. Travis turned his head to the side like a confused puppy and Zack stopped chewing even though his mouth was clearly full.

"Ava, I never met him, but you can't know what's going on in people's heads. This is not Only Murders In The Building. I understand it's hard for you, but what you're saying sounds...hard to believe" Victoria tried to convince me.

How does nobody believe me? Am I the crazy one? I didn't try anymore to convince them because I did it with my dad and it didn't work. I guess I'm all alone in this.

The rest of the classes hardly went by as I couldn't wait to see Billie again. I wonder if she was as beautiful when I was sober.

I told my mom I'll go out with a friend and I'll be late and she sent me back an "ok" message. I'm sure she was busy and she didn't care.

I texted Billie a couple messages but she didn't answer. I tried to call her but nothing. What if she doesn't wanna see me anymore?

I felt panic rushing through my veins as I was headed towards the school parking lot. We were supposed to meet there and searching for her was my last chance.

I don't even remember that well how she looked like. What kind of car does she have? I felt lost

I was watching how students were going home one by one and I was just sitting there, waiting for I don't even know who.

Just when I was about to give up, I felt a pair of hands on my waist , making me startle.

"Ava! It's just me" Billie said laughing at my reaction. I calmed down when I saw her face and I was amazed of the fact that she looked just as beautiful as the first time. Maybe even more beautiful.

"Oh my god! Do you want me to die Billie?" I screamed as I playfully pushed her a little.

"I'm sorry. I would never want anything to happen to my baby" she placed her hand on my cheek, softly caressing it. We stared into each other's eyes for a couple seconds and it was the first time I noticed her eyes.

They were so beautiful. The oceanic colour made me sink into the moment, forgetting about my surroundings or anything else.

"Let's go to my car" she woke me up from the trance. She took my hand in hers, leading us to a matte black Jaguar F-Type. She opened the passenger door for me then got next in the driver's seat.

"So? Do you wanna go anywhere special or can I choose?" She asked in a cute baby voice.

"Wherever you want" I answered because I really had no cool place in my head.

As soon as we stopped for the first red light, her hand moved on my thigh, more closer to my area than I expected.

About twenty minutes later, we were inside the drive through of a Taco Bell and Billie bought fucking ten bean burritos.

"Who's gonna eat that?" I looked at her smiling as she was paying for the food. "We are."

I had no idea where she was taking us but I got a hint once I realised we were getting closer and closer to the beach.

When she parked the car, we couldn't see anything. The view was blocked by some trees and bushes. She opened the door for me then got out of the car's trunk a blanket and locked the car.

She took my hand in hers and looked at me "I know it looks hard to pass, but you need to trust me" I simply nodded, still thinking if I should really follow her.

We walked about two minutes until we got to a part where the pathway wasn't that accessible anymore and you clearly couldn't get there with a car.

At one point, she stopped and pushed aside some leaves, revealing an empty beach with a perfect view of the ocean .

Still holding hands, we walked until she chose a spot right in the middle of the distance between the water and the end of the beach.

"Do you like it?" She didn't look my way this time because she was busy arranging the blanket on the warm sand.

"It's really beautiful. How did you find this place?" I asked as I stood on the blanket. She sat down after I did, sitting behind me with her front against my back. Her legs were on both sides of my body and she placed her hands on my waist.

We were very close to each other and I could feel her warm breath against my neck just like the first time I met her.

"Someone showed it to me. I come here when I need a moment of silence. Do you promise you'll never show this place to anyone?"

"Of course I do. It's something you find peace in, who am I to ruin it?" She placed her head on my shoulder and we just stood like that for a couple of minutes.

After a while, we decided to eat and also talk.

"What school are you in?" I asked as I was taking a second burrito.

"None. I'm homeschooled and that's the way it worked my whole life"

"It must be cool"

"Not really. It's getting boring and you have to find shit to do, otherwise you'll rotten inside your house" she complained with her mouth full.

"Aren't your parents supposed to teach you?"

"They're too busy. They own some movie studios around the country and they somehow rent them to people. It's crazy how you can make money out of such things"

"So you are somehow...rich?" I asked, not trying to sound like I was interested in her money because I really wasn't.

"I don't consider myself rich. It's not my money, but I sometimes use them when I have no other option"

I chose to ask her about other things because I didn't wanna make her uncomfortable. The sound of the waves was so calming and every time a bird flew above us, Billie would try to imitate the sound it was creating, making us both laugh.

"Can I tell you something?" I got her attention.

"Sure"

I was messing with my fingers because I was scared to be considered weird for what I was about to tell her. "I feel like I know you. Like I've seen you before. I just don't know where"

She smiled and placed her hand over mine, creating goosebumps on my whole arm.

"Maybe in another life" she said smiling, showing her perfect white teeth.

"You think so?" I asked like an amazed child

"Maybe. But I can tell you where I've seen you before, even though it wasn't in the best circumstances."

"Where?"

"At Noah's funeral"

My smile faded and I realised that hers wasn't visible anymore either. How is this possible? I was trying to remember every person from that day and that's when it clicked. She was there the whole time and I didn't even realise it was her.

"Did you...were you friends ?"

"We knew each other but we weren't really friends. I knew he had a hot cousin but he never got to make the introduction between you an I"

"So you were stalking me?" I asked smirking

"No I wasn't! I've just seen you once before." She tried to defend herself

"If you say so"

What she confessed got me by surprise a little. That's the first time I've ever met someone known by Noah, besides the family members.

I only met one of his friends before and it was long ago when they were in high school. Theo was the same age as him and they seemed to be best friends. I don't know what happened, but I started seeing him less and less until I kinda forgot about him.

"I have a question now" I said getting back to being serious.

"I'm all ears"

"Don't you think Noah died in a weird way? I mean, what if someone else did it?" I let it out, ready to be considered crazy by another person.

"I think you are right"

"You what?"

"He always seemed happy and chill. Why would he kill himself?"

Her answer kinda got me by surprise. Finally, someone who understands me and doesn't judge me just because they think I can't accept the fact that he's gone. It doesn't mean much, but Billie agreeing with me is the sign of a small step added to my determination to find out what really happened.

We stood in silence for the rest of the time, enjoying each other's presence. The beach was hidden and the people on the other side of the vegetation weren't able to see this beautiful place. It felt...safe.

The sun was already down by the time we left and Billie insisted on driving me home. When we arrived, she parked her car in front of our house but she didn't stop the engine.

"Thank you for going out with me today. I really enjoyed having some company" she turned her body towards me.

"Me too. Hopefully it wasn't a bad company"

"Don't worry my baby, you only bring joy to me"
Even though I wasn't hers yet, I loved when she called me like that.

"I guess I'll see you soon" I said as I placed my hand on the door to open it but I was stopped when she grabbed my arm

"Wait. No goodbye kiss?"

She kinda took me by surprise and I had no idea what to say. Did she really want to kiss me right now? I know we theoretically kissed before, but still.

When I looked deeper into her eyes, I realised I couldn't resist her. I got closer to her, showing that I was willing to give her what she wanted and she immediately placed her hand on my cheek, bringing me closer to her face.

When our lips touched, I instantly melted into the kiss, giving her the lead as I was too high in the clouds.

Her wet lips were all over mine and I started to feel another place getting wet. When we pulled apart I realised that we were still in front of my house and her loud engine was on.

"I should go"

"Okay. Stay safe. Bye!"

"Bye!"

I got out of the car and I barely got to close the door when she sped off, leaving me alone in the street. I walked to our front door and unlocked it using the spare key I have.

When I got inside, I was expecting to be able to run upstairs and go to sleep but that didn't exactly happen.

"Where have you been?" My dad asked, sitting in front of me

"With a friend. We had a school project to do" I lied

"And why does it take so much for your friend to bring you back home, and also to say goodbye?" His voice was stern and he seemed angry

"Because we had to talk about some final touches. I'm eighteen dad, don't worry, I know what I'm doing" I said and without letting him finish, I rushed towards the stairs and run directly in my room.

After I got in my bed, all kind of thoughts were going through my mind. Like why was my dad so nosy? He never really asked me where I'm going and who am I with. I feel like since Noah died he became more strict and I don't like it.

I was also very confused by Billie's actions. Aren't we rushing with whatever is happening between us? I mean, it was just a kiss, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. But I guess every relationship is different, so it must be fine.

Thinking about Billie and Noah, something got through my mind. His friends should have known more things about him. Right?

I opened his instagram page and looked through the people he was following, hoping I would find someone I know. It didn't take too much until I found a person I could easily reach out to but the fact that they were following each other seemed weird.

It was Ray, Victoria's boyfriend.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

27.7K 759 31
Aliyah's been struggling with depression for years, so she's given herself 72 hours to live, but when she meets Billie her plan becomes more difficul...
451K 14K 42
Millie has been best friends with Billie for as long as she can remember. They've always done everything together, but as Millie grows up and explore...
80.1K 2.8K 15
Sequel to 'On Tour' *please don't read this book if you haven't already read the first one as it is not meant to be read as a stand-alone* When a con...
163K 4K 61
"oh my god, help. i'm dead. her eyes. her eyes, dude." ----- obviously willow had heard of the famous billie eilish already, i mean, how could you no...