𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀 π“πˆπ“π”π’ [ 𝐌𝐱...

By lynearose

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ - 𝐀π₯𝐩𝐑𝐚 π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ Part 1 of a Duet. This is book 1 of the Alpha series, but this book... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 | PHASE TWO: Healer
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Extra POV - Sienna
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Part 2 of the Duet: Beta Enzo

Chapter 18

1K 67 1
By lynearose

Book #1 - this book - will be available on Wattpad, but the rest of the series will only be available on Ream and Amazon Kindle.

This book ends on a major cliffhanger that leads to part 2 of this book, titled Beta Enzo, which is currently serializing on REAM - link in my Bio❤️

——————————————————————————

ROMELLO ||

The last thing that I remember was closing my eyes and going to sleep in my bed but now as I take in my surroundings, the smells of what could only be described as Goddess given scents while my body felt like it was floating in something, I slowly open my eyes, nervously looking around.

My body was floating in some kind of beautiful stream, the skies were painted a mixture of purples, oranges and blues and a huge tree sat in front of the body of water that I was now sitting up in.

The tree was absolutely breathtaking, it was almost as tall as the sky with branches that danced and weaves around the trunk of the tree and then extended outwards and the branches didn't exactly have leaves, but more like glittery blue and purple orbs with these dimly lit beams of light surrounded them.

"Come to me, my child."

Startling when I hear the voice of what could only be described as an angel, I frantically search for the person who it came from, finding nothing and no one else here except the spirits of the animals that seemed to linger as they stared at me from safe distances.

"Come now, do not be afraid."

Swallowing nervously when I hear the voice again, I plant my hands underneath me and push off the ground, slowly standing to my feet as water drips from my clothes and my body.

"Come to the Tree of the life, my child."

The pull of what I now felt urging me to make my way to the tree, I start to shiver as something even stronger started to wrap around me.

It seemed like I was in a dream but everything felt so real. The howling of the wolves and the spirits of the animals that surrounded the area and a large portion of land that morphed into pretty snowy mountains.

The scents of pinecones and fresh rain filled the air around me as if Alpha Titus and Beta Enzo were also here, their auras seeming to wrap around me as I cautiously made my way towards the large, pretty tree.

The moment I stepped out of the body of water that I was walking through, my feet felt like they were planted on nothing but air as what looked like actual clouds surrounded my feet that I had to gentle maneuver through in order to get to the tree.

And as I try to close the gap between me and the tree, the last few feet still openly available, I jump back when a beautifully, tall, angelic like woman walked from behind the tree.

She had sun kissed skin, bright golden eyes, soft features, long wavy white hair that dragged across the clouds beneath her feet and was dressed in this really elegant white dress that flowed at her feet.

She took her time to appreciate her surroundings, uttering sweet whispers to every stone, every cloud, every bright light, every root of the tree and every spirit that surrounded the area before looking at me.

And when her locks locked onto mine, I gasp quietly as a new sensation shot through my entire frame, her gaze so powerful that I felt the need to bow at her feet.

"Hello, Romello."

Gasping again when she knew my name, I try to take a step back only to be stopped by something hard and when I look behind me, there was a huge white wolf with golden eyes behind me, nudging me towards the angelic lady.

"No need to be afraid, my child,"

The angelic lady practically sings while I swallow nervously again because the large white wolf with golden eyes hadn't taken its eyes off of me.

"She holds a special place in her heart for you," I frown as I turn around to look at the angelic lady, but when I went to ask her a question, she smiles and when she does, it felt like everything was right in the world and my question from earlier is long forgotten.

And when I look back at the white wolf with golden eyes, it whimpers as it starts to nuzzle me, rubbing it's body all over me in such a kind and gentle way, I was starting to think that this wolf knew me in a past life or something.

"What's her name?" I ask the angelic lady as I turn back around to face her while the large white wolf continued to nuzzle me.

"Her name is Eelie," The angelic lady smiles again as her gaze falls upon the white wolf. "She was the wolf of a woman who loved you very much, Romello."

At those words, I feel Shiro come forward as he watches the white wolf from my eyes, the love that he felt for this wolf, the emotions that he felt towards something connecting with this wolf suddenly hit me like a freight train and I almost drop to my knees from the weight of it, but Eelie places her body underneath mine, helping me to stand upright.

Shiro starts whining so loud it was beginning to give me a headache and it was almost as if Eelie knew what he wanted because she stared directly into my eyes and let out a tiny howl which made Shiro drop to the ground and show his belly, happily submitting to her as he wagged his tail.

I could tell that he didn't want to mate her, but more like he respected her, cared for her, loved her beyond what a mate bond could feel like I guess.

This was more like the love that I felt for my mom and dad, like the love that filled our familial bond whenever we were together and that realization had me taking another step back as I stared at Eelie.

Oh poptarts.

"Shiro, is this your mom?" - I ask carefully and Shiro whines loudly in response to my question, his wordless answer giving me all the information that I needed as I look back at the angelic lady.

"Why did you say Eelie was the wolf of a woman who loved me very much? Was as in. . . No longer?"

The angelic lady smiles sadly this time. "When the human counterpart passes, the spirit of their wolf is reborn within the stream," She says as she gestures towards the large body of water that I was laying in.

I turn around to see other spirits swirling around the calmness of the water before looking back at the angelic lady. "When that happens, my children no longer remember their past life with the human they served, however Eelie does remember because she is very special as are all of my blessed wolves."

"Your blessed wolves?" I ask, completely confused and she nods calmly. "What does that mean, how are they your blessed wolves?"

"My name is Selene," The angelic lady says and I frown, still not understanding. "I am who my Earthly children refer to as the Moon."

My eyes widen as my legs suddenly give out, Eelie catching my body once again but it does nothing for the way that my body turned to jello as I stare into the eyes of my. . . My. . .

"You're the Moon Goddess?!" I exclaim and again she nods so calmly, her demeanor completely the opposite of my own as I take in my surroundings again, my questions coming out faster than I expected. "Am I dead? Did I die? Why am I here? Oh Goddess, I-I mean, oh you. . . Oh poptarts,"

I feel a panic attack coming on, so I clutch my chest, trying to remember how to breathe and just as I closed my eyes, I felt a touch on my forehead and then everything seemed to just. . . Pause.

Sucking in a greedy lungful of air, I slowly open my eyes to see my Moon Goddess standing right in front of me, suddenly her presence had overwhelmed me and I try to bow at her feet yet Eelie wouldn't let my body fall to the ground.

"Please do not bow, my child, I loathe that," Moon Goddess tsks and I swallow again, nodding as I allow Eelie to help me stand upright.

"W-why am I here? Am I d-dead?"

"No, my sweet boy," Moon Goddess smiles again and the world felt right again. "You are simply in the God and Goddess Realm as I needed to speak with you about a matter of utmost importance."

"Ok." I nod, anything for the Moon Goddess.

"Walk with me, my child," She speaks softly as she starts to wander off into the sunset or something.

So I obey immediately and start following closely beside her, with Eelie at my side the entire time and Shiro feeling the most calm and content and happy that I've ever felt him in my entire life.

Taking in my surroundings again as I we continued to walk for what seemed like forever, I frown a little.

"This isn't what I thought the God and Goddess Realm would be like."

"No," Moon Goddess muses as she glances over my way and smiles. "What did you think my home would be like?"

I shrug. "All white, with like thrones and angels and harmonicas and pianos and clouds and stuff."

"There are regions of the Realm that holds what you have mentioned," Moon Goddess explains sweetly, her gaze never hardening. "The region that we were just in is for the souls of the returned, that is why it was surrounded by the Stream of spirits and the Tree of Life."

"Oh ok," I nod, unsure of what else to do.

It was freaking intimidating walking next to the Moon Goddess like this, so close, so amazingly close that all I could smell was her angelic essence and I wanted to do nothing more than please her and make her happy with the life that she's blessed me with but something else was eating at me and I really wanted to know why I was here.

"My Goddess," I say quietly and she sweetly glances my way yet again. "Why did you bring me here?"

Moon Goddess looks ahead as she nods towards what her gaze had fallen upon and when I follow it, I was shocked to see a difference in the region we were in now. Instead of calming purples, blues and oranges, this area was more white, gold and elegant looking.

A huge fountain sat in front of a tree shaped like the Goddess herself in the middle of an open field of white and golden roses.

Following her lead, we slowly make our way to the fountain and Goddess dips her hand in, pulling it out and allowing the water to drip from her fingertips.

"This is the Fountain of Healing," Goddess explains, elegantly swirling the water with two fingers.

"The Moon Goddesses before me created this Fountain in times of Great War, when dragons roamed the sky freely wanting to claim all that they assumed was theirs, when humans invaded our lands, even when my children fought amongst themselves,"

Moon Goddess continues to swirl the water, her gaze locked onto it as if she was mesmerized. "Many, many Moons ago, I was bestowed the blessing of becoming your Moon and I wanted to change the way of life for my children, to help them in times of great sorrow,"

Goddess pauses as she looks up, her gaze locking on mine. "I created what are known as Healer wolves, blessed from the tears of the Moon."

"Healer wolves?" I ask and she nods, her gaze returning to the water.

"Healer wolves helped to bring the lives of many of my children together as they were Goddess blessed, having a direct line to me gave them the power that was needed to stop the wars of my children against one another. . . However, I did not expect what followed,"

Then she frowns and I mirror her reaction. "My blessed wolves were now in danger as their powers were being used for things other than bringing life and joining souls to those around them, my children began to seek them out, to capture them and use them for their own personal gain."

Goddess sighs. "I could not hide my blessed wolves because it is forbidden to interfere with life on Earth, so I had to come up with another plan and that is where the mate bond came in,"

Lifting another handful of water, Goddess watches it drip slowly from her fingertips and I feel Eelie nudge me, so I smile at her and rub her head before looking back at Goddess.

Who was now watching me with a look that I couldn't figure out. "I had to figure out a way to help my blessed wolves, to protect them in a way that might prove impossible and in some ways it was because what I wanted to do had never been heard of,"

"What did you do?" I ask, curious of this story ends.

"I gave my blessed wolves two fated mates and their fated mates were also fated mates, if that makes any sense," She giggles, the sound a beautiful melody to my ears.

"Unfortunately with every action comes a reaction and every thing we do comes with a consequence," Goddess looks up then and walks around the fountain, stopping right in front of me. "There are only a handful of blessed wolves left on Earth, Romello and as I am forbidden to interfere with the future, I need you to do something for me,"

"Ok," I nod, ready to do anything Goddess asked of me because duh, she's the Goddess. "Whatever you need."

"There will come a time in every blessed wolf's life where they have to make a choice," She closes her eyes briefly before opening them again.

This time her gaze hardens. "To choose a life with both of their mates and be blessed on the chosen path or a life with just one mate and be blessed on the opposite," She grabs my chin, tilting my head up as she sighs. "Romello, every wolf must make the right choice, you -"

Crack.

Feeling a piercing pain in my side, I clutch the area and bend over, suddenly it had become so, so hard to breathe.

"Oh dear, I have kept you here for far too long, my child," Goddess whispers, her hand touching my back as Eelie nudges my other side and licks my hand as if she were saying goodbye. "You must go now, they are waiting."

"W-who?" I manage to get out before a blinding light flashing before my eyes, my body feeling like it was being sucked into a portal, streams of colors whipping past my face before all of a sudden I feel like my entire body comes crashing down.

_____

"Romello!" A voice cries out.

"Come on, son, breathe!" A second voice shouts.

"Mell, please, please, wake up," The third voice whispers as I feel something cover my mouth.

"Don't you fucking do this to me, I just fucking found you, breathe damn it, breathe." The fourth voice, deeper than the rest and even deeper than the third, floods my senses as I slowly open my eyes.

Feeling the weight of something constantly pressing my chest, another cracking sound fills the room and when that weight leaves my mouth, I open it to scream but nothing comes out, so I try to suck in a deep breath only for it to come out as a short pant instead.

"Oh fuck, he's awake,"

Blinking, the blurred images around the room slowly coming into view, I see Beta Enzo and Alpha Titus hovering over me as Alpha Titus stopped pumping his hands on my chest.

Frowning, I slowly look to my right and I see my Mom, Dad, Bryce, Sienna, Ryker and Kyle also in the room, tears filling their eyes as well.

My frown deepening at the fear behind everyone's gazes, I turn my attention back to Alpha Titus and Beta Enzo. Both of them had tears pouring down their faces as Beta Enzo drops his head on one of my legs and Alpha Titus pulls my body into his, hugging me so tight, I hiss in pain from the way that my side felt.

"Shit," Alpha Titus curses as he pulls back, gently setting me back down on the floor. "I'm so sorry, I got carried away but I thought I lost you."

I scrunch my nose up at his words, something that I found super weird for an Alpha to say to one of his pack members, although I was starting to think that he might have a crush on me too because of the way that he always acted around me.

Beta Enzo pulls his head off my leg and starts examining my body, "They're broken, for sure, but they'll heal." He tells Alpha Titus who nods, but his eyes never leave mine.

"Fuck," Alpha Titus shakes his head, dipping down to kiss my forehead and lean his head against mine.

Which totally confused me and then Shiro came forward and whimpered, his body language perplexing me even further until he whispered the one word that I never thought he would.

"Mate."

My eyes widen at his admission and my mouth hangs open as Alpha Titus pulls back.

I gasp as I feel Shiro finally drop his veil and then I groan at the weird sensation that had to be our tethers joining. The strength of my soul bleeding into his, forced the room around me to spin as my heart was racing in my chest, my eyes glowing as I could feel his aura invading mine and Alpha Titus frowns, tilting his head to the side as he studies my change in expression.

Staring into his eyes, it was like nothing else mattered but him, like the sounds around the room became muffled and all I could hear was the way that his heart rate had spiked. The way that his scent confiscated my breath, the way that his soul called out to mine.

And I shake my head, my eyelids growing heavier with each passing second that I hold onto those piercing gray eyes of his and before I could stop myself, I open my mouth finally finding the word that I've wanted to say since finding out how good having a bond actually could be.

"Mate," I whisper, tears filling my eyes and when I do, Alpha Titus' eyes widen for a brief second before he pulls my body into his again.

Even though the pain was there, even though it was hard to breathe, I hug him back, holding onto the one person that Dad promised me would love and protect and comfort me for the rest of my life.

Alpha Titus gently rocking our bodies back and forth as he nuzzles his face into my neck, breathing in my scent, I do the same, allowing that pinecone scent to mark me so deeply that all I could smell was him.

Was my mate - all over me.

When I finally get the courage to open my eyes and pull back from him, Alpha Titus stares longingly into my eyes, the way that Dad always said my mate would look at me and I'll be darned if I didn't feel loved just from his gaze.

And when I could no longer hold his gaze as it was so intimidatingly beautiful, I look to my left to find Beta Enzo also staring at me with those same eyes.

I groan a little as Shiro pushes forward with me again, however he doesn't say that Beta Enzo was our mate, he just whimpers - loudly - and then retreats back to the shadows just as quickly as he came forward.

_________________________________

Ahhhhhhh. . . What did we think? What did we think?! Lots of info in this one! 😍😍😍

What did we think of the little snippets of the God and Goddess Realm?

What about Romello's conversation with the Goddess? His interaction with Eelie? Shiro's reaction to her?

Mell coming back into the Conscious Realm and finding Titus and Enzo crying because they thought he was gone 😭

What about Shiro finally dropping their veil to show and tell Romello that Titus is his mate?

Shiro still didn't say whether Enzo was Mell's mate though. . . Even though we all know the truth by this point😭

Thoughts on the entire chapter???
Predictions? Hopes? Fears?

Thanks so much for reading,
Until next chapter,
Byeeeeee Bestiessssss!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 25.4K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ - π…π’π«πž π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ----- πƒπ˜π‹π€π π‡π€π‘π‘πˆπ’ I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
315K 7.3K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
12.8K 417 26
I was an Alpha, sharing the position with my twin brother. It was our first Packs Meet. Our pack, Our family, they all supported us. We had oppositio...
5.2K 186 19
After being wrongfully kicked out, a 19-year-old Omega and his 15-year-old kid brother are forced to run, being injured badly in the process, as well...