𝐀𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐀 π“πˆπ“π”π’ [ 𝐌𝐱...

By lynearose

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ - 𝐀π₯𝐩𝐑𝐚 π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ Part 1 of a Duet. This is book 1 of the Alpha series, but this book... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 | PHASE TWO: Healer
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Extra POV - Sienna
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Part 2 of the Duet: Beta Enzo

Chapter 15

1.1K 61 4
By lynearose

Book #1 - this book - will be available on Wattpad, but the rest of the series will only be available on Ream and Amazon Kindle.

This book ends on a major cliffhanger that leads to part 2 of this book, titled Beta Enzo, which is currently serializing on REAM - link in my Bio❤️

——————————————————————————

TITUS ||

Two days later

I'd been in denial before but this time, it was on an entirely different level because what Enzo and I initially thought was just a slow healing process for Mell had turned into two whole days of hell on Earth for my mate's leg to heal to what it is now and that's not even one hundred percent.

Mell's Dad, Malachi suggested that we wait until the full moon tonight to bring Mell outside and allow the moon to heal him and that I should stay by his side while that happens but his entire suggestion baffled me.

The light of the Moon has never been able to heal injuries, we as wolves should be able to do that on our own and we definitely didn't need our mates to do that unless we were injured to the point of losing our lives and Mell wasn't that far gone.

Nonetheless, I was desperate to find a solution to this big problem and desperate to find some relief for my mate as his pain had slowly become my own - even without him baring my mark.

Enzo has been acting strange too, like Mell's pain was affecting him as well or maybe it was seeing me in pain that caused his sympathy pains but whatever the case, none of us were in a good place physically.

Dealing with Mell being laid up in our pack hospital, being in pain myself, dealing with Enzo's mood swings, Gemini's anger, locking away Aurora in the cells for what she's done to Mell, trying to run my pack and helping to run the Tri-Squad camp - I was running myself thin and I was so close to snapping on the next person who needed anything of me.

And on top of all of that shit, I had to go to the Conference Building and meet with one of the worst fucking Alphas that I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.

Desmond Kelley.

Young punk - I mean granted he was only seven years younger than me, I didn't like the fucker and I hated the way he treated his so called mate even more.

| A| N - Ages for references
Titus is 32, Enzo is 32, Romello is 25
Ryker is 28, Bryce is 26
The other Alphas here in this chapter -
Desmond is 22 and Nate is 23

The poor guy, Quinn was basically his verbal punching bag and it was absolutely disgusting to watch. Thank Goddess that he wasn't in attendance today because he's only seventeen and minors aren't permitted to attend pack business between Alphas unless given permission by King Kano beforehand.

Walking out of the packhouse in search of the Conference Hall where we held important meetings, I greet my pack members along the way as each one went about their daily duties assigned to them.

Being Monday, our Omega blood pack members had cleaning and daycare duties, Beta blood members were on construction duty and Gamma blood members were busy with warrior training or border patrol as they did everyday.

The moment the Conference Hall came into view, I start to jog to get there a little faster, already twenty minutes late for my meeting with Alpha Desmond of the Evergreen pack to discuss a portion of land between our packs that he wanted to claim as his own and expand on, the only problem being that extra portion of land was owned by my pack and he hated that shit.

We already discussed this shit at last month's Alpha meeting with King Kano where Alpha Desmond decided to challenge me in front of the entire fucking room full of Alphas and Betas within the state.

Luckily, King Kano shut that shit down quick because I refused to budge on my land and even if I did want to sell it, I wouldn't sell it to that prick.

Alpha Desmond can kiss the shittiest part of my ass.

"I second that thought." - Gemini huffs a breath of frustration before laying back down.

Opening the door to the Conference Building, I see Enzo, Frederick and Ryker sitting on the right side of the table while Alpha Desmond, his Beta, Geo, another prick named Alpha Nate and his Beta, Sam sat on the left side of the table.

Growling my frustration, I walk to the head of the table and take a seat as I lock gazes with Alpha Desmond for the second unfortunate time in thirty days.

"So nice of you to join us, son." Frederick growls quietly as he looks across the table, I knew his anger wasn't aimed towards me so I wouldn't respond to it.

Instead I address the room.

"Alpha Desmond, Alpha Nate, Beta Geo, Beta Sam, what can we do for you?" I question, trying my best to be cordial despite the bullshit that Desmond tried the last time we were in the same room.

"I think we all know why I'm here." Alpha Desmond states as he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket before unfolding it and placing it on top of the table.

It was a map of the land between our territories.

Oh joy.

"Alpha Desmond, we already went over this at the Alpha meeting last month. King Kano specifically said not to give you this land." Ryker tells him, glaring his way and Alpha Desmond scoffs before looking at me.

"I need this land and your pack has done nothing with it," He growls as he aggressively points to the piece of paper. "My pack is expanding while yours is at a standstill, I would benefit from this land and I've offered more than double for it."

"Not happening," I shrug. "Just because your pack is expanding doesn't mean that mine isn't and my pack is currently the second largest in the state, if I sell my extra land than we might not be able to accommodate everyone in the future if need be."

"Oh come on, Titus-"

"Alpha Titus." Enzo interrupts as he glares at Alpha Nate who turns his lip up at him before addressing me properly.

"Alpha Titus," Nate tries again, however this time, with obvious sarcasm. "You're naive and most likely unfit to claim this much land if you're not going to use it. Just fucking sell it, both Alpha Desmond and myself need it to collaborate on a project."

"Oh somebody has a death wish, did Nate just call us naive and unfit?" - Gemini growls, now standing to his feet as he aggressively paces back and forth.

Shaking my head, I let out a frustrated breath to keep my rage as well as Gemini's in check. These two young punks have just taken over their father's packs one year ago while I'm the youngest Alpha and shifter in history to completely take over my pack at the age of sixteen and successfully build it into the sheer force that it is today.

It didn't matter what these fucks wanted my land for, I really didn't care at this point. That land was mine and the real reason why I wouldn't let it go is because that's where my Mother used to take me to garden with her.

My mom had almost an acre of land that she used to garden and her fruit trees and vegetable gardens would help serve all nearby packs if they were running low on food. She even helped the Kingdom with their harvesting and saved King Kano's ass a few times when he needed to feed the Kingdom wolves after times of war.

I would go there with my mom all the time when I was younger and she would teach me how to garden and everything that goes into it, it would be a time for us to bond and love one another and a time to escape my father's cruelty.

That place meant the fucking most to me, so it didn't matter what Alpha Desmond and Alpha Nate said or how much fucking money they offered, I was never going to sell it.

Never. Period. End of discussion.

"I'm not selling my Land, it's of value to me and just because you don't see the importance of it for my pack doesn't mean that you're entitled to it." I tell him as I notice Enzo and Ryker shift uncomfortably in their seats.

Their claws extending as they readied themselves for the worst against the two idiots across the table.

"You're a fucking idiot, I can always just challenge for it or better yet, challenge you for your title and trust me when I say, I will win." Alpha Desmond growls.

Then Alpha Nate chuckles. "And then we can just takeover your pack here and claim the land that way."

"I'm going to force the shift if you don't let me out, Titus. These little shits need to learn a thing or two from a real Alpha." - Gemini warns and I clear my throat, trying to shake off the way that my body now trembled with his rage.

"Like fuck you will." Ryker interjects as Enzo now balls his fists underneath the table.

"What are you going to do about it? Your opinion is insignificant to me, this fight is between the Alphas, so why don't you pipe down, little Gamma." Alpha Desmond smiles and I growl, pulling his attention.

"Watch it," I warn as our gazes locked and tensions flared.

The atmosphere in the room grew tense as our gazes shift between each other, the auras of three very potent Alphas filling the room, causing Enzo, Ryker, Beta Geo, Beta Sam to groan as they sink further into their chairs in an attempt to escape the pain.

"Look, this shit is going south and my son has already stated that he wasn't going to sell our land, so it's best if you take your leave." Frederick nods. "Now."

"We won't be going anywhere until Titus-"

"Alpha Titus," Enzo corrects once again, his canines starting to elongate as his gaze hardens.

"Fuck that, we're all Alphas," Nate growls as he slams his hand down on the table and then points at me. "Look, we need that fucking land, so you're either going to sell it to us or we're going to challenge you for it."

"Bad idea," I growl quietly, my own claws now extending from my fingernails as I scrap the wood of the chair that I was sitting in. "I suggest you take your seat or this meeting could turn ugly."

"Finally." - Gemini snarls, taking a defensive stance as he continues to push forward with me.

"Turn ugly?" Desmond snickers. "Yeah, ok, none of you pump fear into my heart, settle this shit here and now or we will be back with our packs and take that shit by force, you fucking li-"

Alpha Desmond's words are cut off as I jump across the table, my hands wrapping around his throat as our bodies tumble, the chair beneath him crashing to the floor.

Gripping the back of his neck as we would grip the scruff of our wolves, I apply pressure to stop his shift and keep his wolf in dormancy.

Raising my other fist, all I could see was red as my rage no longer simmered within but boiled over.

Pummeling Alpha Desmond's face into the floor of my Conference Building, I growl excitedly as I hear the sweet sound of bones cracking - his nose and then his jaw cracking under the weight of my fist, his blood splattering across the walls and the floor beneath his head, my knuckles covered in his pain as I give him all I have within each blow.

And as each punch landed, Desmond's face started to morph into my father's and I gasp, my fists stopping mid punch as his eyes now bored into mine - the memories of my childhood rushing to the forefront of my mind, the abuse, the physical pain, the verbal trauma, the mental anguish, the despair.

My body no longer trembling but full on shaking as if I'd become my own personal earthquake as I watch one of the worst memories of my childhood play out in front of me. The memory of my father pulling my mother from the bathroom by her hair, the memory of being handcuffed to a rail on the wall as punishment as I was forced to watch him kill her for trying to protect me - as I was forced to watch him kill my mother in front of my eleven year old eyes.

As the trauma of that moment forced Gemini's shift, the pain of losing my innocence to the darkness that was Vice Black - all I could see was red.

All I could see was him.

I could hear the distant screams, the growls, the shuffling of feet and stench of blood filling the room but all I could focus on was emptying out my rage upon the Alpha beneath me - upon my father beneath me.

And a terrifying laugh escapes me as I watch the life drain from his eyes again, just like I had when I was sixteen years old.

Until I feel two sets of hands on me, hauling me to my feet as I fight against their holds, wanting nothing more than to continue draining the life from the man that took everything from me.

"Titus!"

I feel my body slammed up against the wall, something hard connects to my jaw, three blurred figures stand in front of me as even more blurred figures go to his rescue - to my father's rescue and pull him off the floor.

"No!" I growl, fighting even header against the hold of the men who had me pinned to the wall. "Let him die!"

"Titus, snap out of it!" A voice I recognize yells, but I couldn't place it, I couldn't focus on anything but my father now getting to his feet with the help of the other men and wiping his face.

Screaming, I continue to fight against their hold, thrashing against the wall, Gemini pushing forward so much that I could taste him on the tip of my tongue, he starts to force the shift.

"Fuck, help me get him out of here!"

Fur starts to morph into what was once my form as Gemini takes control and I feel myself slowly starting to drift back as he pushes me to the confines of my own mind.

"No!" I yell, clawing at the walls of my own mind, wanting out, needing out.

I didn't want Gemini to finish what was mine, I didn't want him to take this moment from me. I wanted to be the one to slice my father's throat, to see the life drain from his eyes, to watch him gasp and choke on his own blood, to hear him beg for mercy.

"Enzo, knock him out!" The blurred images around me start to move so fast as one in particular stops in front of me.

"I'm so sorry, Titus, but you'll feel better after this, I promise," The figure whispers as Gemini growls then I feel something hard connect to the side of my head and my body slumps forward, darkness immediately taking over.

The last memory before I completely fade away was my father being helped out of the Conference Building and escaping my grasp yet again.

______

"Titus,"

I hear it before I feel it - a voice, a familiar baritone before I feel hands gently rubbing my shoulders as someone's breath fans across the back of my neck.

"Titus, come on brother, come back to me."

Moving my head when I hear his voice flooding my senses again, I sigh heavily as I feel who could only be Enzo now rubbing my temples like he does whenever I have a headache.

"That's it, Titus." His scent hits me then and I immediately feel myself coming all the way down at just the slightest hint of it.

Enzo.

Keeping my eyes completely closed, I lean back into him as I feel his arms wrap around my waist from behind, slowly easing into his embrace, I could totally float back to whatever the fuck that good place was before.

I missed this - the way Enzo would help me through my night terrors and just be there for me, to hold me through it and his scent there to calm me.

I was so thankful for this moment because that terror was definitely something that I didn't want to experience again.

"Titus, can you hear me?"

The sound of that deep, annoying but so fucking calming voice that only Enzo could possess, forced me to crack my eyelids open to answer him.

"Hmm." Humming in response, I let out some kind of noise that matched my relaxation as I felt him tighten his grip on me.

"It's ok, Titus, you can rest if you need to, I'm right here but we need to talk about what happened when you can." Hearing his whispered words, I lay my head back onto his shoulder and take a deep breath.

I could feel him tapping my cheek and gently moving my head from side to side, my head was still spinning and my body still felt numb, so I just let him do whatever he was doing to me.

"Titus, I need to tell you something important about what happened earlier, but I need you to trust me and listen to me, ok?"

I didn't know what that meant exactly because I've always trusted Enzo. He's always been there for me. Emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, whenever I needed him, he was there and most of the time, he didn't even need to say anything because he could read me like nobody else could.

So instead of responding, I sigh again.

"Titus." This time, his panicked tone, forced me to open my eyes completely as I try to sit up, only to groan at the pain shooting through my entire frame.

"Hey, hey, it's ok." Enzo tries to soothe me as he pulls me back against him once again, my back flush against his chest. "Calm, Alpha, you're still coming down."

That made me frown as I lazily blink a few times before looking around, only to notice that we were in my bedroom.

"What happened?" - I try to say something, but my throat was on fire, so I open the link instead as I relax into his hold once again.

"You kind of lost it, Alpha," Enzo sighs as he drops his head on my opposite shoulder. "Your meeting with Alpha Desmond and Alpha Nate ended pretty badly, we had to knock you out and drug you because you attacked Desmond and because the damage was so bad, they contacted King Kano about it."

"What do you mean they contacted King Kano? I was dreaming, wasn't I?" - I ask through the link as I try to keep my eyes open, my gaze locked onto the wall in front of me.

"No," I feel Enzo shake his head as he scoots his body closer to mine from behind. "No, you weren't dreaming, Titus. You lost your shit back there and now you're facing another issue with King Kano."

I frown, a deep, confusing frown before responding again through the link. - "That was real? The meeting, the fight, the whole thing. . . It was real?"

I feel Enzo nod again and I exhale a sharp breath, not really ready to listen to what actually transpired and what was waiting for me with King Kano, but of course I didn't have the luxury of waiting for that kind of shit with Enzo being here.

"Titus," He starts calmly as he gently rubs my forearms. "King Kano is going to be here in one week to issue out punishment for you attacking another Alpha without being provoked,"

When I try to respond, Enzo shushes me. "Words aren't enough to warrant what you did, Titus, you almost killed Desmond and that's something that Kano doesn't tolerate, so he's coming here to issue punishment because of it."

I open my mouth to respond - or try to - but just as easily as I attempted to explain my actions away, I slowly close my mouth and blink instead.

Fuck.

I'd never meant to hurt anybody.

And of course, Enzo being himself, notices my silent panic attack and tightens his grip around me once again then whispers, "It's going to be ok, Titus, I'll be right here for everything and when the sedative completely wears off, we can go back to Mell, ok?"

I nod my head, unsure of what else to do because usually Enzo telling me that he would always be here made me feel safe but right here, right now - I felt anything but safe.

And what's worse, I'm not even scared of King Kano.

I'm scared of me. . . I'm scared of my trauma resurfaces again and fucking everything up.

_________________________________

This one was a little hard to write and it's only what's to come of Titus' inner struggle with his anger and trying to control Gemini as well😭

What did we think about the heated meeting between Titus, Nate and Desmond?

What did we think about Titus' inner turmoil with the flashback of his childhood?

Titus' fight against Gemini forcing the shift?

What did we think about Enzo comforting Titus at the end there? I love their relationship honestly. . .😭😭

Why do you think Mell's leg still hasn't healed 100 percent? And what does the Full Moon have to do with anything?

What about the little Easter egg I gave y'all in this chapter about Desmond and who his "mate" could be.

Thoughts on the entire chapter???
Predictions? Hopes? Fears?

💋 LYNEA

Thanks so much for reading,
Until next chapter,
Byeeeeeee Bestiesssss!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 158 11
Book 5 - Fire Series Must read Fire of Redemption first or this book will contain major spoilers, if you don't mind that. . . Then feel free to emoti...
227K 6.6K 68
Gay romance mxm (MATURE!!. Smutty) (NOT mpreg) βš οΈπŸ”žβš οΈ Kai and Shadow have been best friends forever, but not long after their eighteen birthday, they...
87.2K 5.1K 22
For 1000 years, a wolf was chained and kept alone as a punishment, without anyone to love him. He grew bitter and bitter, wanting to destroy earth an...
5.8K 204 19
After being wrongfully kicked out, a 19-year-old Omega and his 15-year-old kid brother are forced to run, being injured badly in the process, as well...