You Will Be Okay - Muke

By Weasley0exe

Maybe you have to fall apart before you can start to recover Or Luke goes home with Michael for the holiday... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Epilogue

7

25 1 1
By Weasley0exe

"I'm nervous." Luke squeaked, flattening down his skirt.

"All you have to do is stand there and look pretty", Michael muttered as he tied his sneakers, "You've already got one part down pat."

Michael stood up from the edge of his bed, and pulled a jacket over his head.

"I'm not talking about the trot", Luke huffed, "Im talking about meeting your family."

"What's there to be nervous about?", Michael quizzed, fixing his hair in the mirror behind Luke, "It's not like their opinions matter anyways."

"They do to me." Luke whined.

Michael pulled Luke's puffer jacket shut and zipped it up.

He wrapped a scarf around Luke's neck and fixed the beanie on the boy's head before kissing him on the nose.

Luke was wearing his new Nude stockings and thick fluffy socks over them- due to Michael insisting it would be cold.

However, Michael was in half the layers Luke wore. So he was a hypocrite.

"Not a hypocrite. I'm going to be running and you're standing. Besides you get cold easily and I don't want you getting sick." Michael jeered.

"Shit. I didn't mean to say that aloud." Luke groaned.

"Listen to me Lu, and listen good because you need to hear this." Michael started.

Michael grabbed Luke's gloved hands in his.

"You are the sexiest, most adorable, gorgeous guy in the world. You are funny and personable and kind. My family will love you", Michael assured, "And if they don't it's because they want to be you. Because they have sad boring lives."

Luke's curls poked out from under his beanie.

Michael smiled as he twirled a curl around his finger and pulled it gently to watch it bounce back.

"I'm going to miss you when you run off." Luke huffed.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll be running back to you in no time at all." Michael assured.

"Cocky much?" Luke teased.

"It's the truth. I was the second best runner on the high school track team." Michael jeered.

"Who was the first?" Luke quizzed with a laugh.

"Malcolm Ritter. Total douchebag. We were practically arch enemies." Michael muttered.

Luke grimaced, "I had one of those. Drew Carson. He gave me a swirly once, but then Cal beat the shit out of him so he backed off."

"One of the many reasons I love Cal, I swear." Michael chuckled.

Luke snickered, "He had beat up so many kids on my behalf that by the time he graduated people knew well enough to leave me alone."

Michael looked at his phone.

"We should get going." Michael quipped, pecking Luke on the lips.

The pair drove into town where they closed off the roads for the Turkey Trot.

It wasn't a horrible run, just a few miles or so around the block and through the woods, nothing Michael couldn't handle.

Luke was just there for the free hot chocolate and for moral support.

The pair did not stop holding hands until Michael had to go register and get his number.

When Michael returned Luke was laughing it up with some guy.

Usually, Michael didn't get jealous easily, but he recognized the man and instantly grew green.

Michael stormed their way.

"Michael." Luke gleamed.

Michael didn't look to him, but rather at the other man.

He hadn't changed a bit.

"Malcolm." Michael spat.

"Michael Clifford, well isn't this quite the reunion." Malcolm jeered with a smirk.

Luke's eyes widened in realization.

He was the Malcolm.

"I was just talking to Luke here, do you know each other?" Malcolm quizzed and Michael could smell his evil schemes from a mile away.

"I'm his-"

"Husband", Luke finished, "We just got back from our honeymoon after our dream wedding in Bali."

That was his boy.

Michael was surprised to say the least, but so utterly proud.

"Sounds expensive." Malcolm jeered, looking Michael up and down.

"Oh it was, but Michael's producing has really taken off." Luke muttered, moving towards Michael and practically hanging on his arm.

"Producing eh? Anything I would know?" Malcolm quizzed, still not quite believing.

"Probably not", Luke shrugged, "Right now it's just up-incoming artists, a few indie bands, but it's honest work and pays well."

The announcer spoke, calling all runners to the line.

"Well, congrats are in order", Malcolm jeered, his smile becoming more fake as his eyes moved from Luke to Michael, "I'll see you out there, Clifford."

He stalked off leaving Michael and Luke.

"You are one hell of a liar." Michael chuckled proudly.

"What ever do you mean, husband?" Luke giggled.

"Gimme my ring back so I can propose again because I love you so fucking much." Michael quipped.

"I love you more. Now go kick Malcolm's ass", Luke jeered, "And if you race back to me fast enough we can make out in front of him."

"You're so evil", Michael exclaimed, "I love it."

Luke sent Michael off with a kiss.

The blonde made his way towards the hot chocolate stand, while Michael stood at the starting line.

Luke sipped his drink and watched as Michael and the other runners disappeared down the street.

The hot drink felt nice in his hands and warmed them, in Michael's absence.

The Turkey Trot was something common Luke found out- it wasn't just his weird town.

He remembered both his brothers running the trot at some point, but that was when times were easier.

Luke remembered his dad ran the trot every year and every year his mother would sit at the finish line and wait for him.

He wished his mom was there standing and chatting with him, while they both waited for their husbands.

It felt like he'd been waiting forever.

He grew excited as he spotted people approaching.

One by one people began finishing, but not Michael.

More people joined their families at the finish line and shared celebrations.

Still no Michael.

Luke guessed he should be glad he didn't see Malcolm either.

Then an ambulance zoomed by and Luke's heart dropped.

Don't.

Don't do it.

You're not there.

Luke was running.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 7.5K 18
The one where michaels 20 year old brother makes a new friend and 15 year old michael is completely infatuated.
36.4K 2.1K 10
"god damn right, you should be scared of me." in which michael is terrified of ghosts and luke just so happens to be haunting him
12.7K 588 16
Michael hears things that aren't there. He gets angry and thinks the whole world is against him. Luke doesn't talk. He refuses to speak to anyone, ev...
1K 92 47
In which Michael was homeless and Luke is a Student. All Rights Reserved the_mo_ment 2018