Loving you for real (Kudo Shi...

By Ella_I_guess

(Y/N) finds herself as a child, in an unknown theme park, next to a young boy in the same situation as her. O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 4

589 32 13
By Ella_I_guess

When we arrived at the house, Conan's clutch on my hand loosened, and he hung his head low. My persistence to continue holding his hand was the only thing that kept us together. His mind was racing. About Ran.

"Actually.." he muttered, "Actually, I'm really-"

Then swiftly, Mr Mori swung down, barely sliding past Ran, sprinting with much excitement before tripping over himself and falling to the ground, his face flat, parallel to the concrete.

Ran scolded him, and Conan's focus was on Mr Mori's words. He got a job - men in black who kidnapped a young girl.

There is no point in me coming along. Rather, as someone unfamiliar with crime scenes, I might just cause chaos by being wimpy and burdening everyone there.

But jealousy strikes as Conan's hand slips away from mine and finds its way to Ran's, tugging her to the cab Mr Mori hopped into. With nowhere to go, other than following them, I awkwardly trail along.

"Who is that?!" Mr Mori yells, "Get off! You're going to wreck my job!"

"We're on the highway!" Ran exasperated.

Their arguing endlessly continued back and forth. Conan looked busy, possibly monologuing. I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, sighing at my foolishness to follow them. I've never been at a crime scene before. What an idiot. Looks like I will have nightmares tomorrow.
---------------
It was boring.

Yeah, nightmares from scary cases? Haha, no.

It was dreadful.

Dreadful because of how boring it was, sitting by the side of the garden alone, watching the professionals deal with the matter at hand.
The case was about a kidnapping of a rich man's young daughter, but I already knew of the outcome, having read the manga and watched the series in the past.
Therefore, all I could do was sit down and let my mind become the most important topic out there.

Firstly, how am I in this manga, or anime, world? How do you simply wake up and find yourself in an unfamiliar theme park and end up taking a drug that turns you younger?

Then, a loud bark drags my mind back to reality. Dogs were barking at Conan for standing near a tree. Their sharp teeth glisten under the moonlight, as if they're about to gnaw at his shoulder. My eyes widen, and my body instinctively gets up, sprinting towards Conan.
When I arrive, however, he's gone to play with a football next to Ran. She talks about how similar he is to Shinichi, kicking the football up and down to "clear his mind." I suppose people really do not pay attention to me whatsoever.

A small sigh escapes my mouth, and the dogs look at me pitfully. They motion for me to sit on their backs, perhaps to give me a ride? I comply, trying to ignore my clammy hands from the slight hesitation and nervousness.

As soon as the dog takes a couple of steps, a grin makes its way on my face, immediately making my eyes sparkle from excitement and joy. It's so much fun.
I can hear from a distance of a phone ringing and quiet mumbling. Seems like there's an issue. But I don't care.

I giggle. The ride is pure bliss; my hair flows behind me as the light breeze passes and the dog takes a light walk around the vicinity.

Then, the dog starts sprinting??? Really quickly????? To outside the garden and to some building??????????

I embrace the dog's body and clutch onto dear life, completely confused by the sudden change in speed.

"I'M GOING TO FALL OFF PLEASE RJBRRN!!!!!"

Eventually, the dog lets me down, and I struggle to breathe as my view is a little hazy. My mind is dazed as I stare at a shed before me. Why am I here?

"Bad doggy." I scold, still recovering from a blurry vision. The dog whimpers in return.

Then I hear a crashing sound, a high-pitched scream. It pierces my ears and snaps me out of my trance. The dogs chase after the sound, and I hesitate, watching him sprint ahead.

All I can do is smile pitifully at my own actions. A dog is more heroic and brave than me. I scoff at myself and sprint towards the dog.

"If we die, it's your fault!!" I groan. "Ugh, what is wrong with me?!?"

When we arrive, I enter a dull building and see a pool of red splattered towards the other end of the building. I pause, hesitant, biting my lips in fear. My eyes trace the string of blood in much terror before noticing the kidnapped girl from the manga and Conan, clutching his arm, glaring at a tall man with a bat.

Our eyes meet, both widening, before I scream and sprint in front of Conan, slightly cringing.

The man with a bat scoffs: "Little girl, you think you're a hero?"

I open my arms, stretching them widely, in hopes that it would somewhat lessen the damage towards Conan - what damage? I don't know. Oh, and the girl. I'm protecting her too, I think... Protecting her from what???

"Or do you simply want to waste your life?" He snickers, "I know those dull eyes: you want to live. Hah."

I gulp, confused by his speech, slightly embarrassed with my own actions, knowing I'm probably not really doing much to help with the situation. Yeah, I'm willing to take a hit for them, but would that do anything??

"You want to live, but at the same time, you've given up." He raises his bat and smirks with much delight. "Shame that you're experiencing that at this age, kid. I wonder how much I could earn from you."

A swing from him leaves me on the floor, clutching my head and desperately sitting up despite the hazy vision. Conan grabs onto me and inspects the damage. He bites his lips.

"Wound reopened..." he mumbles to himself, eyes desperately flicking back and forth before me and the man with a bat.

Wound? What wound? Oh yeah, when I was hit and fed APTX4869..

The girl drops to the ground and cries in horror, clutching her face filled with tears.

A chuckle escapes the man's mouth as he lifts the bat again, excited for our reactions. With a strong swing, I can hear Conan swear and cover me with his body, tense from preparing himself to be hit. A loud crash is heard. But I feel no impact.

Ran swiftly blocks the attack with a high kick and knocks him out with a couple of strikes. A breath that I didn't know I held was let out.

"We survived..." I mutter, a confused and breathless laugh escapes my mouth. It's probably from shock.

Everything else after that is a hazy memory. My vision is so blurry, and my mind is so empty that nothing seems to register. I think I talked to some officers and hugged people. A doctor came by and took off the bandage on my head that I forgot about, rewrapping it with a new and clean one.

I look around and see police officers, the people involved in the kidnapping, Ran's family, and Conan. And then there's me. A glance down to my hand sends chills down my spine, watching my blood and Conan's blood drip off my fingertips.

Then I recall the kidnapper's speech about me - "want to live but sorta given up." No? I don't want to die? I like living?

A warm liquid dribbles down my forehead, down my cheek, following my jaw, and drips off to my hand, eventually dropping to the ground. Oh, my head is bleeding.

I look up and see that no one has noticed. No one ever really notices me - never did in the past in actual reality. My parents... I bite my lips and shamefully hang my head down, staring at my bloody hands and sniffle. My heart pounds against my chest. It hurts. My head hurts. My heart hurts.

"(L/N)-san... Are you okay?" I hear Conan ask, gently holding my hand and wiping the blood off. Then he pauses, and then suddenly shouts: "You're bleeding!"

Then, on cue, everyone turns their heads towards me, their faces pale, calling for a doctor and rushing towards me. Their attention is suddenly on me, and my head, surrounding me.

It's overwhelming; so many questions are being asked all at once; my vision blurs again. I hate it. Why is my body so weak?

My eyes droop, and my mind began to shut off completely.

All I can make out is "Loss of blood when found...collapsed...wound reopened during case.... reopened now.... Patient collapsed..."

I hate this.

---

I couldn't post much because of exams, and I doubt I can for a while because it will continue until the third week of June 😭😅

Thank you, everyone, for reading this :>

I'll try to post as much as I can ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.5K 31
Some parts from the story: Conan's pov Every minute to me was like a year , oh if i just was 7 years old again its 100 times better than ....... - Ra...
101K 4.5K 95
a fanfiction that's different than the others where the OC from our world gets transported to the DC world a MONTH before Kudo Shinichi shrinks into...
67.3K 2.3K 38
(Please note that I do not own magician kaito 1412 nor do I own Detective Conan. That privilege belongs to ayoma gosho sensei.) It's been a year sinc...
3K 134 29
Two Girls One New World More Boys One Destiny Two paths to take Two girls, forced to save a world not of their own. Their lives already seemed diffi...