Fairytale- Oneshots

By grimorgray

Fairytale oneshots from a viewer's POV 💛 More

Bewajah
Tere Hawalay
One Last Time
Untitled
Crushed Peppers
aese roothay ho
Scares
Off Splashes and Sprains
Stealing Moments
Tender
Magic Dust
How Does it Feel to Be Loved by Umeed Pasha?
Kahi Ankahi
Behind Closed Doors
Tum, Mein aur Aik Cup Chai
Behind Closed Doors - Part II

Sitaray

2.3K 124 77
By grimorgray

Note: genuinely tried to edit it properly but I'm a sucker when it comes to proofreading. Thank you to everyone whose been reading the oneshots and sending messages and leaving comments. They truly make my day and motivate me to write more. I hope you like this one 🧡🦋 Lots of love

Karachi was weirdly gloomy tonight.

His face etched with unmistakable sadness, and the weight of his heavy heart seemed to press upon him like a suffocating burden as his gaze fixated upon the endless stretch of road ahead.
He opened the car's window to breathe some fresh air which was ironic because fresh air in the same sentence, doesn't go hand in hand when you're living in one of the most polluted cities of the world. He couldn't think straight. Lost in a labyrinth of his own emotions, he yearned for solace. Yet, as he traced the winding path ahead, he found himself swallowed further into the abyss of his sorrow, the weight of the world pressing harder against his chest. In this solitary journey along the lonely road, he sought a glimmer of hope, a flicker of light to guide him out of the depths of despair, yearning for a destination where this familiar sadness would rest.

His heart sank as he observed Karachi's empty, dimly lit roads at 2 am. The journey back home should've relieved him since he was returning home after 2.5 months, but none of it was helping him get rid of the heaviness in his heart. Farjaad glanced at his wristwatch that stated exactly 2:04 am and his cell phone 2:14 am, 10 minutes ahead of the usual time, because he liked the idea of staying ahead and beating it every day. However, tonight he didn't wish for it. He just wanted to be at peace and let go of the tightening feeling in his chest. He hated it. It reminded him of a 22-year-old Farjaad, who was scared and vulnerable. For some reason,, he recalled that day, just 7 hours before his father's death. He was sitting on the floor in the hospital room with his head buried in his legs. His father was right before him on a vent breathing his last. Doctors had told them to be prepared. He had asked his Maa and Mimi to go back home and rest while he looked over at his dad. He clearly remembered the clock displayed 2:04 am exactly, and he wanted to talk to his father; he wanted him to tell him that he would manage it all- the business, his mother, his 14-year-old sister and himself. He was so scared, so petrified to take over the responsibilities that he had efficiently dodged so far in life.

Reminiscing old memories didn't bring him any solace instead, it added to his exhaustion. He was thinking of the worst. He loosened his tie to relieve himself but in vain. Maybe it was homesickness and the terrible journey back home that pushed him to think about things he had banished himself from. He was definitely exhausted, and why won't he be? The terrible connected flights and constant travellingu along the insane amount of workload sapped out the energy from him. He wanted to say something to his driver but stopped midway.  Farjaad sighed and shifted his gaze to the gloomy road. He opened the window and ducked his head out to feel the gush of wind on his face and relieve himself of the weird feeling that captivated his soul and mind - but it didn't work. His heart still felt heavy. This time, without looking in the rear-view mirror, he told his driver, "Pasha house ki trf le lo." Zulqarnain, who nodded at his saab's order,  suppressed a knowing smile wondering why it took him so late to say that. He knew he had to take that turn eventually, and he wished his saab had asked that earlier so they would've been saved from taking the long route. Unlike his saab, he was clear with his intentions and wanted to spend the rest of the right with his wife and children, who were waiting for him.

Farjaad didn't have to ring the bell- he never did until and unless he had specifically come to meet Pasha Saab and Umeed wasn't home. He had already messaged Umeed that he was coming and would be at her doorstep within 15 minutes.

He was early.

Zulqarnain, the efficient driver he was, reached the destination within 10 minutes.

Before Farjaad could text Umeed, she had opened the door. She must've heard the car screeching or headlights because his driver was strictly prohibited from pushing the horn button in this neighbourhood. Farjaad stepped out of the car and felt a tumultuous wave of emotion in his heart- the one he always felt whenever he was going to meet. This was the longest he had to wait to see her since they started dating- which was 3 years 7 months and 14 days to be precise. He still felt giddy, excited to see her brightly lit face and the way her sparkled whenever she saw him.  Umeed opened the door, and before he could say something to look at her, he nearly stumbled backwards. Her petite self lunged at him and tightly wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I missed you so much!" She squealed, and without seeing her face, he could sense the wide smile on her face. He could hear heart thumping and couldn't exactly figure out if was it hers or his. She was dangling in the air, her feet at least 2 inches above the ground, and her only support was his neck; she was holding onto tight. Farjaad wrapped his left around her petite back while holding his coat and phone in the other and buried his face in her hair- He missed how she smelled. The turmoil that had once consumed his heart and weighed upon his every step seemed to dissipate into the ether, replaced by an overwhelming sense of peace and contentment. As he gazed into her eyes, he could see a reflection of his joy mirrored back at him, as if the universe itself had conspired to align their destinies once more. A smile, genuine and radiant, played upon his lips, transforming his entire countenance. In that fleeting instant, the worries and tribulations that had plagued his mind vanished into insignificance, drowned out by the euphoric symphony of their rekindled love. The touch of her warm skin against his own sent electric currents surging through his veins, igniting a renewed sense of purpose and belonging within him. Every fiber of his being came alive, resonating with the pulsating rhythm of their hearts, now entwined in a beautiful dance of affection and devotion. In her presence, he found solace and strength, an anchor in the stormy seas of life. As they held each other tightly, time itself seemed to stand still, allowing this long-awaited reunion to unfold in its full glory. In that precious moment, his previously disturbed and saddened heart found its sanctuary, basking in the serene embrace of love.

"Let's go inside!" He whispered with a smile at her excitement to see him. He loved to see the excitement on her face whenever he'd come to pick her up or whenever he returned from a business trip and would meet her. She never complained about his absence but the looming sadness in her eyes made him feel special.

Umeed instantly broke the hug and held his hand and pulled him inside Pasha House- that had more or less became Farjaad's safe space. He remembered how nervous and confused he was when he stepped in for the first time and now he was aware of all the exists and entrances, it felt like a second home!

"I made us coffee!" An excited Umeed jumped in the air and Farjaad didn't need to ask her why she was making coffee at this time of the hour instead of chai. She always switched to a coffee whenever she missed him and he knew in the last 2.5 months, she was only consuming his favourite drink. The thought warmed his heart. The biggest comfort in his life was knowing that he meant something to this bundle of joy. Someone like him, who was hard to deal with, whose principles and lifestyle were a headache, had managed to win Umeed Pasha, who accepted him with all his flaws and rigid principles.

"I'll be in the backyard," He made his way to his favourite spot in Pasha House. Instead of sitting on the chairs, he took off his shoes and socks and sat on the grass, impervious to its slight dampness. He stared at the sky, realising the tightness in his chest was gone. He was still exhausted, though but he wasn't feeling awful like before. In the meantime, he heard Umeed's chirpy footsteps. She handed him his coffee mug, he noticed this one had animated dragons on it. Farjaad sniggered and looked at her with fondness, "Seriously?" This girl was crazy. Sometimes, he feared his impact on her would turn her into a robot like him but he was proved wrong. The colours she had in her life and those she cast in his were here to stay, forever.
"I accidentally broke the one with clocks last week." She shrugged as if it was a normal thing for her to break things and choose the absurdest mugs for him and her. So far, they've had ones with monsters, beetles, clocks, and hulks, and now dragons have been added to the list. If someone from Farjaad's office knew he loved having coffee or chai in these mugs with Umeed, they'd laugh at him. But he didn't care. Surprisingly, he didn't care about these things ever since Umeed entered his life. He finished the coffee sooner than he expected, and without uttering a word, he calmly rested his head on Umeed's lap as if it was the most normal thing for him to do.  The last thing he registered was the feel of Umeed's fingers running through his hair. He smiled, thinking he never had to say his feelings out loud for her to understand.

💤

He didn't know how long his nap lasted; it mustn't have been more than an hour. Nevertheless, he wasn't sleepy anymore but didn't feel like opening his eyes. He could hear the tapping of the laptop's keyboard. He had turned into quite an influence on Umeed. The woman was turning into a workaholic even if she didn't like to admit it. A lot had changed in the last couple of years. Umeed graduated and decided not to work in his office. He was a bit bummed initially but in her defense, she'd rather come to his office as his girlfriend or wife but not as an employee. It killed the influence she had on him. If he became her boss, she won't be able to haq jamao on him, or call him out for his stupidity and at worse, she won't be able to demand an apology every now and then. It was wrong of her to assume that though. He would've let her to do all of it even if she was working for him in his office. Anyhow, he was genuinely proud of her. She had come a long way since she started working in the HR department. But working in the corporate sector didn't made her forget her dream of opening a Chai Cafe. in contrast to his earlier advice to writing novels because she was so good at creating stories, Umeed did manage to open her Chai Cafe 6 moths ago. Pasha Saab wasn't too happy about it (still) but Farjaad and rest of the family were elated. He had a tear or two in his eye that day, and Aghu Jaan burst into tears at the opening. The cafe was not an instant success, but he was impressed by how diligently Umeed worked on it while managing her job.

With his head gently cradled in Umeed's lap a tranquil serenity enveloped him. His heart swelled with adoration for her when he realised that she hadn't stopped running her fingers through his hair. Absentmindedly, she was still combing his thick locks that she unabashedly loved too much. He surrendered himself to the tender caress of her fingers weaving through his hair, each stroke a delicate gesture of affection.  It was a simple yet profound gesture that spoke volumes of her unwavering love and care. The rhythm of her touch lulled him into a state of blissful tranquillity- the feeling that he was missing and desperate for months and just few hours ago he thought he'd die of suffocation thinking about absurd things. Being with Umeed gave him "hope" he felt he belonged somewhere. He was blessed to have his Maa and Mimi but Umeed's existence made me feel special, it made him feel understood, cherished and most importantly alive.

Overwhelmed and totally gushing with so much love, especially after seeing him up close after 3 months, Umeed placed another kiss on the tip of his nose, whispering a playful "Someone needs a hydra facial" on his nose but before she'd pull away, Farjaad firmly held her hand. Smiling with his closed eyes, he uttered hoarsely, "Saath mein booking kra leinge," knowing he didn't need to open his eyes to see her flustered face. Umeed scowled and smacked his arm. "I thought you were asleep"

"I was until I realized you haven't stopped touching my hair- this obsession of yours is getting too much. Sambhalo khud ko larki." the sentence earned him another smack and he giggled as Umeed rolled her eyes at him calling her out for her admiration for his hair- which was an understatement because it wasn't just his hair, if she had to confess, she was in love with every feature of his.

Without saying anything, Umeed shut the lid of her laptop and shifted her full attention to her man, who had closed his eyes once again and shifted his head more comfortably on her lap. Umeed noticed the worry lines on his forehead. She knew things were bad at work before he left, and whenever she called him, he'd only tell her to pray. She bit her lip, wondering if it was the right time to ask him about work.

"How was work?" She asked after a couple of minutes. Farjaad sighed and took her right hand, and placed a kiss on her palm.

"Awful,"

He didn't need to open his eyes to see that Umeed's smile vanished. Her slender fingers began to trace his eyebrow and helped him get rid of the frown. For someone like Umeed who'd talk too much, it was rare, but with him, at times she'd do a gesture that'd be enough to tell him it'll be okay. And surprisingly, it did turn out okay. Farjaad realised that his heart wasn't sinking anymore. Ike always, Umeed's embrace cast a spell on him. She always felt like sunshine and smelled like daisies, his favourite flower, even though she insisted he had more of a cactus energy which is why she filled his office cactus that he had kept like a treasured possession. Farjaad couldn't deny that from the moment he met Umeed that day in his car, she cast a warm glow on his heart and till this day he was captivated by the ethereal essence that emanated from her. Having her around felt like as if his worries had dissolve into nothingness, replaced by an overwhelming sense of contentment. Spending the last few months without her made him realise how much he needed her and her positive energy to think straight, function correctly and most importantly, to remain sane. Knowing Umeed closely during these years also made him realize why Mimi adored Umeed so much. This girl wasn't the chaos the siblings needed in their life. It was true that Umeed Pasha spread happiness wherever she go. Everything she touched turned into a blossoming flower, but she was also a source of optimism for the people she loved. He had seen her fight for Mimi and how she showered her love on her best friend, that optimism and raging energy was always missing in Mimi and Farjaad's life. She was his only source of optimism, and whenever he thought he was failing or things were getting unbearable,, he'd think what'd Umeed do in his situation or call her and ask for her opinion. And just like that, everything would start feeling right.

"Did you check on Aghu Jaan?" he asked concernedly

"Don't worry, she slept a long time ago,"

"Dont kill me for this, I know you miss everyone but I'm loving the fact your family went for Umrah." His ribs vibrated with the laughter he was trying to control, which intensified when Umeed pinched his bicep.

"As if you were afraid of them before. Astaghfaar, if Pasha Saab ever got to know about the number of times I've sneaked out with you or you've come to meet me here in middle of the night, he'll change his plans about our marriage."

"No chance," he clicked his tongue, "He's TOOO smitten by me, more than you!." He added with a shameless wink.

"Of course, no wonder he still thinks I don't deserve you." It wasn't a hidden secret. It amused Umeed, but Farjaad didn't appreciate when Pasha Saab refused to acknowledge his daughter's achievements and would casually say that Farjaad could not survive with a spoilt girl like Umeed. Well, he had proved him wrong so far. He always countered Pasha Saab whenever his criticism of Umeed became unbearable. He knew Umeed could be hard to handle sometimes, especially with her erraticness but Pasha Saab's biased behaviour towards her didn't make sense. According to Haya, it was because his wife passed away early, and he had the responsibility of two young kids. But he wished he'd tell Pasha Saab that his unnecessary strictness towards Umeed and unwavering favouritism for Sameer worsened the situation. He wasn't a bad father he was just wrong in his actions. Whenever he thought of Umeed and how she had to deal with Pasha Saab, and he recalled when he didn't allow his daughter enter the house when she came from Islamabad, his heart jolted and he felt more protective of Umeed. Sometimes he wondered what if on the day of her engagement, Umeed hadn't found him? What if she landed in someone else's car and they harmed her? What if she wasn't friends with Mimi, where would she have gone when Pasha Saab banished her from her own house? His heart sank and his grip on Umeed's hand tightened. He wanted to assure Umeed that he didn't enjoy or like any of the remarks from Pasha Saab, but that was a conversation of some other day. For now, he wanted to enjoy what he had now.

Her saath

"Umeed,"  He uttered.

"Hmm," Umeed, who was gazing at the cloudy sky and fondling Farjaad's hair, muttered distractedly.

"Marry Me."

It took a couple of minutes for Umeed to register what he had said. Of course, they were going to marry someday. But was he serious right now? Like right RIGHT now?

Is this how he was going to propose to her?

Her big black eyes widened, and she glided her head dramatically and looked at Farjaad.

He was scared of her sometimes- just like now. He didn't mind her smacking, but right now it seemed like she was up for some serious beating.

"Tum mana kr skti ho." He stammered.

"Is this your idea of a romantic proposal?" She scolded him, gritting her teeth. Farjaad could practically feel fire daggers coming out of her eyes.

"I have the ring." He instantly sat and told her earnestly. At that moment, he looked so naive and scared that it reminded Umeed of the day after Asad Ullah came to her house with a proposal and she came to Farjaad's house but instead of beating the hell out of Asad Ullah, she injured the poor guy. Umeed noticed the fear on his face, and he had turned an extra shade of pale yellow. She wanted to feel bad for him but why propose like this? Didn't he know her any better?

"Hamesha saath rakhta hoon." He told her defensively.  His taut features turned softer and Umeed's noticed the fear in his eyes. She wasn't unfamiliar to that. She had seen it whenever they fought and she'd jokingly tell him, "shadi wadi sab cancel." He'd stiffen instantly and Umeed could feel he wasn't breathing. She had stopped joking about it now but right now, he wasn't joking about proposing to her.
Fajaad picked his coat from the chair and sat on both his knees in front of Umeed. He took out a small silk pouch that seemed too heavy only to have a ring. But he only took out a ring. It had a blue sapphire on it, and Umeed didn't need to ask why he chose it. She knew what that blue stone meant to him and how he always linked the ocean waves with her existence in his life.  Too stunned to speak, Umeed looked at him with brimmed eyes.

"When did you buy it?"

"3 saal pehle. Right after I went to Italy when we confessed on the beach." He answered awkwardly, wondering if he ruined their most awaited moment. He was overwhelmed and became hasty. To be honest, he didn't think twice before saying that. She was probably not even ready yet. Heck, she wanted a grand, romantic proposal like the one in movies.

"Umeed..." He blurted, wanting to fix the damage by saying let's forget this. Forget what i said.

"Aur kya hai iss mein?" She asked curiously

Farjaad hesitated and closed his eyes in disappointment. He did ruin it, after all. This wasn't supposed to go like this. That's was tiredness does to you. He hadn't slept enough because if he had, he would've made a calculative judgement and didn't blurt his heart's desire out of nowhere.

Umeed noticed he wasn't showing what was in the pouch, so she snatched it from him.

If Farjaad had stunned her before, then this was definitely not what she had expected. She looked at him dumbstruck.

"Ammi ki ghadi?" She looked up at him, shocked and amazed and her eyes brewing with tears for this man who made her life a million times better. "Woh wali nai hai, lekin uss jesi h hai." He hesitated and is about to explain in nervousness how he asked Haya and Sameer for the pictures to get the brand right and buy the exact one. Still, before he could say something, Umeed practically threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck just like she did earlier but this time he didn't stumble. Her lips touched the outline of his ear, and he couldn't believe it when she said, "MARRY ME FARJAAD KHAN BAHADUR."

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 1.6K 15
random one shots ✨ on our fav. sidnaaz ❤ cover credit.... google baba 🌚
15.6K 808 31
"She fell first, He fell harder❤️" I am going to write the emotional and beautiful love story on Farjaad and Umeed which make you fall in love with t...
4.9K 158 3
Random farmeed one shots. WARNING: 18+ Mature Content in some of them.
11.3K 866 19
Farjaad Khan. Umeed Pasha. One knows how to organize substantial events, the other knows how to arrange a magnificent wedding. He knows capacity calc...