Kahi Ankahi

It was a long day and a really long night for her. From the events that took place before her nikah to the late-night jail shenanigans leading to her rukhsati, the adventure was more than what Umeed Pasha could have asked for. She recalled everything; from Farjaad gifting her the cafe to them ending up in jail and Umeed asking him to postpone the nikah.

Something clicked inside her as she recalled their conversation in her room.

"Haan tou shadi postpone kr dein naa"

"Listen to me, Umeed, shadi hogi tou aj hogi verna nai, understood?"

They hadn't talked about it again; everything fell into place after he said sorry, which was followed by Pasha Saab coming to her room and Farjaad hiding underneath the bed. Had it been someone else, Umeed wouldn't have bothered, but this was Farjaad Khan Bahadur - her husband, the man she loved more than anything in her life. They hadn't known each other for years, but Umeed knew his heart. She knew this man who was sleeping on his right side with his left arm draped around her waist was a literal 13-year-old at heart. His heart was huge, always loving and giving more than his capacity, but she also knew he wanted to be loved, to be assured as much as he was willing to shower his affection on others.

Tonight, he hadn't asked for anything in return and didn't bring the conversation again. He loved her. She knew this man would always do everything in his capacity to make her happy, to add to her comfort, and to make sure that she wasn't deprived of any luxury in life.

He kissed her to bed, his touch squeezing the exhaustion from her limbs. His warm hug on these cold satin sheets, with his fingers working on her shoulder blades when she complained of fatigue, worked their charm, making her feel much better than before.

But suddenly, the burning sensation in her heart was back. He claimed to have given his heart to her months ago. She vowed to protect it always.

"Aap so gaye?" She hesitantly asked, looking at his features in the dark, the only light that reached them was the one peeking from the curtains.

"Nai, kya huwa? Are you okay? Kuch chahiye kya? Comfortable tou ho naa tum?"

"Haan wou," She took a brief pause, fiddling with her blue robe clinging to her skin. "Aap naraz tou nai hain naa?"

"Kis baat pr?"

"Shadi postpone krne wali baat pr"

"Gussa tou aya tha, lekin phr.."

"Phr?" She scooted closer, her voice suddenly expressing hints of worry, clutching her robe tightly. She prayed to her Allah jee instantly, please don't let this man worry because of him. Don't make me the reason for his heartache.

"Itni dair yeh dil kahan tumse khafaa reh sakta hai."

"Aur agar shadi aj na hoti tou? Aap waqai baad mein shadi na kartay?"

"Umeed, raat ke teen bajay tum ye kya le kr baith gai ho."

"Nai ap btaein, agar aj nikah na hota tou? Mein mana kr deti tou?"

His body stiffened under her touch and in response, she held her breath.

"Tum mana kr ke tou dikhati" He threatened, and she was quick to gauge the playfulness in his words.

"Achaw tou ap mujhse zabardasti kartay?" She exhaled in relief, latching closer, her right leg resting on his and as if on cue he captured it in between his.

"Umeed sou jao" She knew he was rolling his eyes. She also knew what this late-night banter was doing to him. She was glued to him, the soft fabric of his maroon cargo pants caressing her satin. His hands lazily explored her curves while she pushed him to the edge with her constant teasing.

They were supposed to sleep.

They were tired, sleep-deprived, and had used the final chunk of their calorie stock in the makeout session against the bathroom island.

"Batayen naa zabardasti kartay agar shadi se mana kr deti?" She pestered again, unwilling to let go of this.

He took a deep sigh and pulled her closer as if there was any space left between.

"Uski naubat nahi ani th." He was confident. So assured as if God himself told him it wouldn't have happened.

"Matlb?"

"Beintihaa muhabbat karta hoon tumse. Tumhari soch se bh zyada. Tumse doori ka khayal h meri saansein rok deta hai, tum mana karti tou mein zameen aasmaan aik kar deta tumhari aik haan ke liye. Lekin, shadi, wou aj h hoti umeed"

"I am sorry. Mujhe wou sab nhi kehna chahiye tha, i know meri ghalti hai."

"Mujhe pata hai meri biwi sochay samjhay bohat kuch keh deti hai jo wou kehna nahi chahti, iss liye," He added taking a pregnant pause, circling his arms around her and pulling her on top. "Maaf kia"

"Kaafi jaldi maan gae thay ap wese." She whispered against his lips.

"Tum lg bh tou itni haseen rahi th, ye ghareeb banda akhir kab tk khafaa reh sakta hai. Ab agar apne sharma liya ho tou hum sou jaein? Please? Subah walima hai humara."

He was still under her, and she knew their bodies didn't want to detach. She placed a tiny kiss on his Adam's apple whispering a, "okay, sou jatay hain" and he chuckled, spooning her for the rest of the night.

END. 

Couldn't write more than this :( Consider it a drabble